• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus Build Pictures

Anyone tried dropping one into an AICS AT or AX chassis yet? Wondering if the bolt handle clears the chassis, and if the folding stock on the AX will fold over the bolt handle and knob without interference.

Here’s mine. Just needs a scope and a bipod.

Attachments

• 3CFD43AD-75AC-4F94-98A4-1C263661013A.jpeg
    3CFD43AD-75AC-4F94-98A4-1C263661013A.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Not my first can. Also had a .6 mil elevation shift and .3 mil windage shift. Shift was consistent, but I was hoping to use it the same way you do.

My Surefire by comparison only has a .2 mil shift despite weighing double that of the TB.
Interesting. Mounting with the Thunder Beast Compact Brake I haven't noticed any POI shift and it sounds like it should, at least. Maybe call up Thunder Beast and see if they can take a look at it for you?

20180820_194619.jpg
Almost there! Got my glass for it yesterday. Now if I could only get my stock to arrive!

I ended up getting a TT special when they were on sale because, unfortunately, I think it's likely my stock will be here before the Super 700 will. I like the trigger but am disappointed that I can't get it to lighten up to the advertised poundage. I wondered about that after I had already picked it up. Not disappointed in TT, just wish I could have known actual weight range before actually trying it.

Reactions: Hewhoovercomes
View attachment 6934774Almost there! Got my glass for it yesterday. Now if I could only get my stock to arrive!

I ended up getting a TT special when they were on sale because, unfortunately, I think it's likely my stock will be here before the Super 700 will. I like the trigger but am disappointed that I can't get it to lighten up to the advertised poundage. I wondered about that after I had already picked it up. Not disappointed in TT, just wish I could have known actual weight range before actually trying it.

What is the weight range you were able to hit with that trigger?

What is the weight range you were able to hit with that trigger?
At TT factory setting it was 2lbs 12oz. The directions say that it must be 3 clicks in to keep screw from falling out so I backed it all the way out till no clicks and then back in 3 clicks and I'm at 1lb 8oz. That's right where I run at right now but wanted to be able to go to the advertised 1lb if I wanted to. I was wanting a 1-2.5lb range. Knowing what I know now, the Diamond probably would have probably gotten me that but I was afraid it would be too light on the heavy end since it says 2lb at top end.

At TT factory setting it was 2lbs 12oz. The directions say that it must be 3 clicks in to keep screw from falling out so I backed it all the way out till no clicks and then back in 3 clicks and I'm at 1lb 8oz. That's right where I run at right now but wanted to be able to go to the advertised 1lb if I wanted to. I was wanting a 1-2.5lb range. Knowing what I know now, the Diamond probably would have probably gotten me that but I was afraid it would be too light on the heavy end since it says 2lb at top end.

Thank you! I have the same trigger going into my Nucleus and I was hoping to get around 1.5lbs. I had the same problem you are having with my Stiller action. I couldn't get close to the lowest weight advertised with a Timney 510 trigger. I sent it back to Timney (who was very helpful), but the geometry of that action was preventing me from safely going any lower on the pull weight.

Thank you! I have the same trigger going into my Nucleus and I was hoping to get around 1.5lbs. I had the same problem you are having with my Stiller action. I couldn't get close to the lowest weight advertised with a Timney 510 trigger. I sent it back to Timney (who was very helpful), but the geometry of that action was preventing me from safely going any lower on the pull weight.
Yep, you should be fine at 1.5lbs. It is really consistent and I like the short smooth pull. The only negative I could give it and nitpick to TT about is with the adjustment screw backed that far out, it is loose and rattles if you bump it the way it hangs down. Won't know till I get to really use it if it would be annoying.

It must be something with the action,I have the TT Special trigger on my Shilen DGR action and can turn it down to 1 lb. I have it set at 1.5 lb.
I bought a Diamond for my Nucleus build,I'm just waiting on my LH action to arrive in a couple weeks,hopefully!

It must be something with the action,I have the TT Special trigger on my Shilen DGR action and can turn it down to 1 lb. I have it set at 1.5 lb.
I bought a Diamond for my Nucleus build,I'm just waiting on my LH action to arrive in a couple weeks,hopefully!
Yep, different firing pin springs give different pull weights from what I understand. I'd be curious to know the range with the Diamond when you get it.

Finished it up

Attachments

• 20180825_200824.jpg
    20180825_200824.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 20180825_200815.jpg
    20180825_200815.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 334
  • 20180825_195141.jpg
    20180825_195141.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 333
How do you like the PRS2 and Nucleus? The Bravo places my hand perfectly for extremely fast cycling. I imagine the PRS is the same?

How do you like the PRS2 and Nucleus? The Bravo places my hand perfectly for extremely fast cycling. I imagine the PRS is the same?
I had the Nucleus in a KRG Bravo while I was waiting for the PRS-2 to be finished up. I actually like the Manners just a little bit more as it puts my hand a little further forward so I can get better leverage on the bolt than I could on the KRG Bravo. For whatever reason, I had an issue with not being able to open the bolt with just my index finger when mounted in the KRG, just couldn't quite get the right leverage. No such issues with the Manners.

Nice looking rifle, looks like it shoots well also!!
Thanks, I can't really complain. At this point I'm just fire forming brass and breaking in the barrel. I've got about 100rds down the tube so far. Can't imagine how much more things can improve with proper load development from where it is now.

Nucleus RH 6.5x47 Lapua
26" PVA Shouldered Barrel, Med. Palma, Button Rifled
Triggertech Special set around 1.5#, very awesome trigger!

No light primer strikes, every round of the guns first 50 went boom today. The rounds on the target are #11-50 in 5 shot increments. The wide group I had my brother-in-law shoot it for a group.

I don't have much to compare the action to except a Tikka, and a Stiller TAC30. But, it is very smooth and locks up perfect. I can run it fast or slow and it's just awesome, no regrets here. There's something about the action that just feels rock solid. It has interesting features, but they feel very thought out and simple almost.

Attachments

• IMG_8006.JPG
    IMG_8006.JPG
    330.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8007.JPG
    IMG_8007.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_8008.JPG
    IMG_8008.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_8009.JPG
    IMG_8009.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_8010.JPG
    IMG_8010.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Nucleus RH 6.5x47 Lapua
26" PVA Shouldered Barrel, Med. Palma, Button Rifled
Triggertech Special set around 1.5#, very awesome trigger!

No light primer strikes, every round of the guns first 50 went boom today. The rounds on the target are #11-50 in 5 shot increments. The wide group I had my brother-in-law shoot it for a group.

I don't have much to compare the action to except a Tikka, and a Stiller TAC30. But, it is very smooth and looks up perfect. I can run it fast or slow and it's just awesome, no regrets here. There's something about the action that just feels rock solid. It has interesting features, but they feel very thought out and simple almost.

What bore guide are you using?

Nucleus action with Barloc, Hawk Hill 6.5x47 Prefit, Mcrees chassis, APA lil bastard, and Bushnell ERS. Had a Timney trigger on it, but just installed a Huber Tigger yesterday.

20180812_182313.jpg

I put mine together yesterday.
Nucleus LH SA .473 bolt head - 30 MOA rail - Barloc
X-Caliber 20" 1-7 twist 5R Varmint contour threaded for suppressor - Chambered in 22 Creedmoor
TriggerTech Diamond trigger
KRG Bravo chassis with a LH Whiskey 3 backbone and modified shell to LH
Revic PMR 428 scope in medium ARC M10 rings

Now if it will ever stop raining around here,maybe I can do some load development.

MS6gXa2.jpg

qyQtVV6.jpg

Yep, different firing pin springs give different pull weights from what I understand. I'd be curious to know the range with the Diamond when you get it.

My Diamond was set at 1 lb from the factory,or at least that's what my trigger gauge says it is. I like it right where it is,so I haven't tried to adjust it.

If any build owners could help me out with the ejection port length in inches that would help me out a great deal in confirming some build component compatibility.

So I couldn’t stand the wait any longer and went with another barrel. Now she is sporting a 6mm creedmoor until the 7SAUM baerrel is finished by PVA. I can swap my barrel over in about 30 minutes. I like the idea of having both a 6mm and 7mm barrel ready to go. I’m looking forward to see how she shoots.
B798CA24-DDBB-42FA-8949-7EFD5DF1160B.jpeg

EB2FD9EF-B269-43EA-AE59-42E27FC18521.jpeg

Has anyone changed out the bolt knob yet? If so......what's the right tool for that job.......strap wrench?

Used a strap wrench. Ended up going back to stock knob.

Attachments

• IMG_2857.JPG
    IMG_2857.JPG
    526.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2858.JPG
    IMG_2858.JPG
    390.3 KB · Views: 143
first one of mine was loose. second one wasn't much tighter. Doesn't seem like to big of a deal though. can use some blue loctite on it once I am sure I am staying with the factory bolt handle.

Reactions: MonkTx
Another lefty.

31071223718_40db821502_b.jpg

ARC Nucleus 223 (trainer)
ARC Barloc
Criterion 26" 223 barrel
Area 419 suppressor adapter
Thunderbeast 6.5 Ultra 7
Triggertech Diamond flat
Killer Innovation Orias Chassis
MDT buttstock
Sawtooth Rifles arca rail
RRS Arca atlas adapter
RRS Arca chassis adapter
Atlas V8
Hawk Hill spiked feet
ARC M10 Rings
Vortex Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27x56

44895206152_b1ceff4696_b.jpg

I put mine together yesterday.
Nucleus LH SA .473 bolt head - 30 MOA rail - Barloc
X-Caliber 20" 1-7 twist 5R Varmint contour threaded for suppressor - Chambered in 22 Creedmoor
TriggerTech Diamond trigger
KRG Bravo chassis with a LH Whiskey 3 backbone and modified shell to LH
Revic PMR 428 scope in medium ARC M10 rings

Now if it will ever stop raining around here,maybe I can do some load development.

MS6gXa2.jpg
qyQtVV6.jpg

Here's some pic's of it,and after a couple range outings I found my load. I tried Reloader 26 in it,but with the shorter barrel I didn't have very good results with the 75gr A-Max bullets.
43.2gr of H4350 was just what it wanted with them.

MS6gXa2.jpg

qyQtVV6.jpg

DwmB3Y9.jpg

r4uuvKJ.jpg

Reactions: Northernjets
Was there any special fitting required for the Bravo or was it a drop fit? Got one on order right now up in Canada with a ~4 month wait time. Living vicariously through you guys for now.

Was there any special fitting required for the Bravo or was it a drop fit? Got one on order right now up in Canada with a ~4 month wait time. Living vicariously through you guys for now.
Mine was not a normal Bravo. I put a left handed Whiskey 3 backbone in my Bravo. My understanding though is that the RH Bravo and Nucleus mate together perfectly. Are you RH or LH?

I'm RH. It's going to be my first R700 based rifle, so just wanted to be sure. I was looking at the Ultimatum Deadline before the Nucleus and it was going to take a bit of work clearing the trigger area and trimming the mag latch to get it to work. Only major concern was the recoil lug receptacle(?) as that is something I'm not comfortable opening up with a file/dremel, however I seen mention in the Bravo thread that all the new ones are shipping with the Whiskey 3 backbone which accepts the oversized lugs.

Bartlein HV 26" 7.5 twist
Berger 105 Hybrids
Stupid accurate
5 shot groups

Attachments

• C15B3C67-A281-45FA-AC02-D24B100E40AA.jpeg
    C15B3C67-A281-45FA-AC02-D24B100E40AA.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 449045E7-3EDE-47D6-824C-F38D356DB3DD.jpeg
    449045E7-3EDE-47D6-824C-F38D356DB3DD.jpeg
    940 KB · Views: 113
  • 4009AA1D-0F21-46DB-BA6B-2944536C56DF.jpeg
    4009AA1D-0F21-46DB-BA6B-2944536C56DF.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: Txhillbilly
Figured I'd share my setup.

Bartlein 26" 1:7 left twist m24 contour 6creed
Trigger Tech trigger
Sig Tango6 5-30
MDT ACC Chassis

Attachments

• IMG_20181102_074822_424.jpg
    IMG_20181102_074822_424.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
My first custom action!

Action: Nucleus SH w/ .475 bolt face
Stock: Manners PRS2 with gen 2 mini chassis in scorched earth
Barrel: PVA button rifled Rock Creek in heavy palma 6.5 creedmoor
Muzzle Brake: Area 419 Hellfire
Scope / Mount: Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27 with ARC high rings
Accessories: SAP 2 round holder, Area 419 RRS accessory rail with Atlas PSR bipod.
Magazine: the 5round Accurate Mag functioned well, I have two 10 rounds on order from ARC

I'm terrible at taking pictures of rifles, here's what I was able to capture at the range last Saturday.

yEJDYA.jpg

6UOQ7u.jpg

This last picture has my Nucleus next to my Tikka both in 6.5 creedmoor.
RHX6MQ.jpg

Anyone drop one into a foundation stock yet? Trying to figure out if i'm going to go with psr1 or foundation. Ben running psr1 with my tl3. Thought about jae but don't want all that weight.

Took the Kahles off so it can go on the John Hancock, and put the BTR on the nuke in some ARC rings.

Attachments

• 20180930_115244.jpg
    20180930_115244.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: MarkLeupold
My first custom action!

Action: Nucleus SH w/ .475 bolt face
Stock: Manners PRS2 with gen 2 mini chassis in scorched earth
Barrel: PVA button rifled Rock Creek in heavy palma 6.5 creedmoor
Muzzle Brake: Area 419 Hellfire
Scope / Mount: Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27 with ARC high rings
Accessories: SAP 2 round holder, Area 419 RRS accessory rail with Atlas PSR bipod.
Magazine: the 5round Accurate Mag functioned well, I have two 10 rounds on order from ARC

I'm terrible at taking pictures of rifles, here's what I was able to capture at the range last Saturday.

yEJDYA.jpg

6UOQ7u.jpg

This last picture has my Nucleus next to my Tikka both in 6.5 creedmoor.
RHX6MQ.jpg
Did you just use a standard Remington 700 inlet? Or order one specifically for the nucleus?

Did you just use a standard Remington 700 inlet? Or order one specifically for the nucleus?
I was one of the first people to order a "Nucleus inlet" XLR chassis while I was waiting for my pre-order, and when I ordered it they sent me one of their Rem700 chassis with a slight modification to accommodate the straight bolt handle vs the usual swept bolt handle on a Rem700.

Mine dropped in with no issues, and it works great. Anything meant for a Remington 700 but with the clearance for a straight bolt handle should work just fine. The only issues that might appear are the usual ones as a result of utilizing a barrel nut or Barloc, if you plan to use those.

Just received my Nucleas a couple weeks ago. Might go with the MDT ESS or ACC.

Finally getting around to pictures the build is
Nucleus SA with barloc
26" criterion mtu in 6.5 needmor
Mod 22 trigger w/safety
MDT ESS folder with carbon forend and ergo grip
Minox ZP5 MR4 reticle
ARC M10 rings
MDT 12rd mag
Accutac bipod
SAS Arbiter
View attachment 6967539
20181103_171931.jpg
20181027_152647.jpg
20181023_011439.jpg

Reactions: token3495

Did you try Go Big Tactical they have them in stock

Did you try Go Big Tactical they have them in stock

My apologies, I meant the Nucleus is a ~4 month (March) wait. Have one on preorder through Go Big Tactical. The plan is to put it in a Bravo as I really like the one I bought for my Tikka.