• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus trigger problem.

flyingcarpenter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2014
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have been enjoying this great forum and want to thank everyone for the free education I have received from the HIDE.

Quick question for you guys. I got my nucleus action today and successfully barreled and headspace it using the barloc system. My trigger install is not gong so well. I installed a geissle super 700 and could not get it to fire, its a dead trigger. I tried my timney and it would fire but I can not cycle the bolt without removing the trigger.

I am guessing there is a tolerance issue somewhere. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Does the firing piece cock and stay cocked through the bolt close?

The Geissele trigger has a known issue with the Nucleus. Contact Geissele, send it in and they will fix it.

ETA: Beat by a few seconds. LOL

What is the issue with not being able to cycle the bolt with the Timney? Is it a 510?

What is the issue with not being able to cycle the bolt with the Timney? Is it a 510?
It will cock and fire, but I can not retract the bolt unless I press the trigger and jiggle the bolt while pulling it back. Seems the cocking piece and sear on the trigger bind up. Not sure of the model on the timney but its a older one.

Contacted Geissele, they said they are aware of the problem. Everyone is away at shot show, looks like a week or two before they can address the issue if I decide to ship them the trigger for good measure.

It will cock and fire, but I can not retract the bolt unless I press the trigger and jiggle the bolt while pulling it back. Seems the cocking piece and sear on the trigger bind up. Not sure of the model on the timney but its a older one.

Mine isn’t quite that bad, but I think we’re facing similar issues. I’m going to pull the 510 and see if the problem goes away, then replace with a Calvin elite and test again.

I seem to recall my old 510 having a weird issue with the Nucleus when I was hand cycling it. I just popped the trigger on the action and was playing around with it. The next day I installed a Timney CE 2 stage and it worked fine.