• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus VS Deadline for "different" build?

OP, I'm most likely going with a Deadline as well...but it will be for my first real precision rifle or custom build. For me, it's between the Deadline and the Terminus Zeus. While raved about, the Nucleus is off my list for lack of AW mag compatibility. Will I ever use them? Maybe, maybe not...but I like options. I do also like that the Deadline is not the Toyota Camry of actions.

I inquired this week with Southern Precision Rifles (Bugholes) about Deadline shouldered prefits and the response was that I would need to send the action in for measurement because they "don't have a good tolerance sampling from those actions yet". I'm not a pro gunsmith or machinist, but this makes sense to me considering the Deadline is a relatively new kid in town. I have doubts that a modern CNC-machined action isn't held to tolerances acceptable to shouldered prefits...it may just require more data to verify? For what it's worth, PVA seems to list the Deadline as a prefit action option, but I have not yet received a response to my inquiry if that's a selection for a shouldered barrel or for something else.

International Barrels offers shoulder prefits for deadline, there not listed on the website just email them about it.
Currently running a Shillen with savage small shank and will be trying out IB.