• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV and thermal kills...

This one came in about 7:30 last night. Didn't take night photos because I was waiting for a sounder that has been rooting up the yard.
Hard to tell from the photos but he is about 200#. Left side cutter was broken. Shot with a Tikka 308, 150gr power point, with IR Hunter MKIII 60. Did not pass through.
I think the game cam photo on 2/11 is the same pig.
About 8:30PM a second boar came into the same feeder. Shot him but didn't find him this morning. Buzzards will show him to me tomorrow.
Last Photo is the sounder I wanted.

Attachments

• IMG_4658.JPG
    IMG_4658.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4661.JPG
    IMG_4661.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4664.JPG
    IMG_4664.JPG
    436.7 KB · Views: 62
  • PICT0053.JPG
    PICT0053.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 65
  • PICT0041.JPG
    PICT0041.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: TACC
Got a quickie in last night. Been kind of slow for the last few weeks around here. Nice to get back into them.

Attachments

• 2CD7976A-3652-41A9-B2E0-06C7E0E33E4F.jpeg
    2CD7976A-3652-41A9-B2E0-06C7E0E33E4F.jpeg
    960.6 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: jljr23 and TACC
Very nice rig. I have wondered about the UNS and actually hear very little about it. Have you used it on a larger caliber rifle and if so what are your thoughts about it? How far out would you feel confident placing a precision shot?

Very nice rig. I have wondered about the UNS and actually hear very little about it. Have you used it on a larger caliber rifle and if so what are your thoughts about it? How far out would you feel confident placing a precision shot?
Ive owned unit for 7 weeks. Only ran it on a 6br and a 22 dasher. Yet to take it the distance on steel but fromthe first night i had it its been bang flop on the pigs n coyotes. Longest shot on a coyote with this is 480 yards. It literally feels like im cheating with this setup. I already have alot of confidence with the unit from what ive seen in the field. Kills so far is 13 hogs/ n 29 coyotes on this unit. I will take this to distance on steel next calm night we get an can report any finding in the night shooting report thread as this thread is mostly kills n wanna keep it to that as much as possible. Pm me or daniel at down range thermal (seller of optic) with any questions.

Scanning with a Trijicon IR Patrol 300W and killing with a Knights Armament PVS30 in front of a USO B10 sitting on a 224 Valkyrie.

Attachments

• 0E3323BE-CF20-4AAE-9103-E1A89E63190C.jpeg
    0E3323BE-CF20-4AAE-9103-E1A89E63190C.jpeg
    542.7 KB · Views: 87
  • FCBD672A-F7CC-4C14-99F5-A4A6B1D266A7.jpeg
    FCBD672A-F7CC-4C14-99F5-A4A6B1D266A7.jpeg
    920.6 KB · Views: 89
Scanning with a Trijicon IR Patrol 300W and killing with a Knights Armament PVS30 in front of a USO B10 sitting on a 224 Valkyrie.
What grain bullets were you shooting, reloads or factory?

Ive owned unit for 7 weeks. Only ran it on a 6br and a 22 dasher. Yet to take it the distance on steel but fromthe first night i had it its been bang flop on the pigs n coyotes. Longest shot on a coyote with this is 480 yards. It literally feels like im cheating with this setup. I already have alot of confidence with the unit from what ive seen in the field. Kills so far is 13 hogs/ n 29 coyotes on this unit. I will take this to distance on steel next calm night we get an can report any finding in the night shooting report thread as this thread is mostly kills n wanna keep it to that as much as possible. Pm me or daniel at down range thermal (seller of optic) with any questions.
Is the 22 a lot flatter than the 6 or 65 with light bullets like 95s?

Few pics of this season. Definitely our best yet. These were taken with a pts 536 and a xq38 trail on 22 nosler rigs. Currently without a thermal right now. Halo lr on order. Super pumped. Yall guys enjoy
20191214_163742.jpg
20191224_012404.jpg
20191227_042830.jpg
20200128_220645.jpg
20200129_023722.jpg
20200124_031338.jpg

I only saw four yotes the entire season and this is the only one that gave me a shot. Worst season ever.

Attachments

• jan 2020 1st yote.JPG
    jan 2020 1st yote.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 66
One is better than none.

Great shooting

Reactions: TACC and DODGER03
Good god sir, secure the live stock, bring in the women & children. Your property is infested with werewolf's.
Haha that made me laugh. Ya we had a pretty good season. There was a 2 week period I think we had 23 down.

What’d ya hit it with? Red rider bb?
It's mounted on my moderated 9mm PCP Urban pest control rifle.
81 grain pellets for the small stuff and 115 grain Hp's for the bigger critters.
The 115 grain HP's will go through two 2x4's at 50 yards and I've taken coyote and fox at 100 yards with it.
Don't look like much, but you don't want to be on the receiving end.

Reactions: nikonNUT and TACC
It's mounted on my moderated 9mm PCP Urban pest control rifle.
81 grain pellets for the small stuff and 115 grain Hp's for the bigger critters.
The 115 grain HP's will go through two 2x4's at 50 yards and I've taken coyote and fox at 100 yards with it.
Don't look like much, but you don't want to be on the receiving end.
10-4 Brother on your parting comments about the American Indian. Last two books I read were. Black Elk Speaks & Empire of the Summer Moon. Brought tears to my eyes. The American Indian story is heart wrenching.

First coyote of 2020 with the Thermion XP38.
Got out last night, before they implement the "Stay in place" order in NY.
35 Ar Gunner using a 200 grn FTX did it's job.

Reactions: TRP173 and Jgunner
Just an observation, Horses are assholes , the real size horses, and freakish small pony .
No moon, black and about 31 deg. out . Went out this morning to a place at 04:00 to setup and ride it out till hour+ into, morning light . I have worked this area for years and there are never a lose for Coyote dens and I always score about 1 out of 3 hunts . Dens are thick but there also pretty human smart .
Setup next to a horse pasture . Put my E.call setup right next to the fencing down away . I roll under the fencing and hike a quick 100 yrd. out and spike a Primos Sit and Spin inside the horse pasture . I Spiked the decoy spinner out for the hour+ of light I will be working .

I go back to truck and rig my NV up on rifle and set my call #'s . I look over to the Fence and that little creepy pony has reached threw and grabbed my Foxpro cone speaker, and dragged it threw to his side of fence and starts to kick and paw at it with a front hove .
WTF ? . So I run over there and reach under the fence and take my Call back and move it a good 10 ft. away other side of fence . SOooooo Lesson learned .

I go back to rifle and remote call , call ( chicken distress ) because the local dens right here like to kill chickens off and on . Every place around there has big coups and free range chickens and Coyotes also active hungry with pups in the Den . So it's an obvious goto for setting-up .
Start scanning with the hand Thermal. I notice that 4 real horses and the one little freak pony, all encircled my Sit and Spin I staked out there in the pasture . There all taking turns snorting it and nosing it . This goes on the entire time I there a good 2 hours . it something they figured that I went out there special just for them, to provide entertainment .

But finally after two hours, the light just starts moving in and all the horses except the one tiny freak, all move away to do there own horse thing . But the little mutant not going anywhere . So I scope him and I see he is just standing there, Nose into the decoy, letting the Sit and Spin brush his nose on all it spin cycles . Then ( I guess getting bored ) , the little fucker goes rouge and smacks the decoy down and starts chewing on it, and moves off .
I pickup gear and pack my shit, go home.

Two more down.
The Ar Gunner/Thermoin combo is putting a hurting on them.
First one came into fawn distress and the second one into pup distress.
Both males.

I am finally getting over the WuFlu enough to do a little hunting. I’m not saying I had it as I wasn’t tested, and there were no tests at the time anyways, but I worked with some foreigners in late Jan at a foreign owned facility in which one of them tested positive and the facility was shutdown for a while. I got sick about a week after working with them and it took me out for nearly all of Feb and a week into March. In the last week the cough finally went away enough to go hunt and stay quiet.

Anyway, hunting for a couple hours each evening, 3 evenings total this past week.

THICC female taken last Saturday. She lay dead just to the left of the center right cow. Pics do not do that tube justice btw.
B619E649-7FD8-414D-A582-B2CCBA575969.jpeg
92822642-A31E-4D09-927E-5A74E9A35BC2.jpeg
6809C0B8-E58A-4181-82F7-B4A268D72D33.jpeg

Last Thursday, A very dark silver nearly black one trotted out on a cow pond dam. When I shot her she flipped off into the water and much, so she now looks like a muskrat. Shot was ~ 330 yards.
CA79DDEC-3144-45B7-978C-5B412D634EE3.jpeg

Last Night

I was on one hill watching some cattle move through a creek using the SkeetIR X. I saw what I thought was a hog off to the left of the herd, but he was in the creek bottom. I could only see bits and pieces, but he was off alone. He came out from the creek, and mingled with the cattle moving back up another hill.

I waited a bit to see if there were any others, but there weren’t. He had stopped so I ranged him, 562 yards, then settled in on the tripod. Held about 2.7 mils IIRC. Prime 115gr Nosler RDF 6mmCM,.....long noise that sounds like the quiet night sky ripping apart then that loud thud:) He was standing right by a cow, then fell over DRT. Cow just looked at him like WTF? Impact behind and below the eye, below the ear. You can see where the blood trickled up toward his back.

AE2485EF-FF6D-42CC-BFBA-05841A6A6F2B.jpeg
230E4DF8-E1B0-471D-B3DC-9928C5C40E51.jpeg
39B9F684-A091-41BC-9E16-C020E55B3548.jpeg

Last Night

I was on one hill watching some cattle move through a creek using the SkeetIR X. I saw what I thought was a hog off to the left of the herd, but he was in the creek bottom. I could only see bits and pieces, but he was off alone. He came out from the creek, and mingled with the cattle moving back up another hill.

I waited a bit to see if there were any others, but there weren’t. He had stopped so I ranged him, 562 yards, then settled in on the tripod. Held about 2.7 mils IIRC. Prime 115gr Nosler RDF 6mmCM,.....long noise that sounds like the quiet night sky ripping apart then that loud thud:) He was standing right by a cow, then fell over DRT. Cow just looked at him like WTF? Impact behind and below the eye, below the ear. You can see where the blood trickled up toward his back.

View attachment 7284544View attachment 7284545View attachment 7284546
1585489278498.gif

I’ll get a better pic in the morning because the male has some pretty color to him.

Took out another mated pair tonight. The male was a pretty big boy, he had fight in him and did not want to die. Died snarling and biting at shit on the ground. Both were shot at about 220-240 yards. That female is the 2nd one in the same pasture who was on a earth dam for a pond, and then did a springy hoppy thing right over into the nasty ass water.
136C2888-A1B6-44A7-A8F5-9C61283580BB.jpeg

CF23E8EE-7386-4A23-8A2F-A4FC5D5999EC.gif

Last edited:
It is a ATTILA 200. I bought some generic flip caps and installed them on the laser and illuminator. I also have a HO PEQ-15, but the ATTILA has a cleaner beam and the ability to dial it up or down is really nice depending on the distance.