• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV and thermal kills...

View attachment 7349709
A couple of buddies did this the night before last. I was supposed to join them, but had to be responsible instead. They got 52. We’ve hunted the past 3 Friday nights, and we’re at 94 give or take one or two for the 3 nights. My buddy who has gone out a couple times during the week is at 191 or 192 since May 24th.

Go back to that pile in 10 days and take a whiff.

Reactions: Aescobar17
Do the yotes ever stop by the piles for a snack?

I’m sure the buzzards must love you guys.

6DCDECC3-9CB1-4383-AA06-A7170EA2037B.jpeg

Not the biggest and baddest beast in our woods but the POF Revolution is finally properly broken in. Also got a piglet but shot it running towards me at 30 yards and there was not much left for a worthwhile photo. The .308 is definitely a bit harsher on them than the 6.8.

Got these 3 and 2 more on the far side of a pasture I’ll have to go back in the morning and get. The little one I popped at about 30 yards with my HK VP9. He was a scraggler to the main group and come walking along about 10 minutes after I shot the bigger pigs of a small sounder that come out on me.

E056D90F-F578-4E00-8810-CA8D4EB19353.jpeg

Do the yotes ever stop by the piles for a snack?

I’m sure the buzzards must love you guys.

IDK about out there, but here I have never had any luck with bait piles and coyotes unless it is dead winter. I usually put trail cams up on bait piles. Here the buzzards will work a pig over in no time.

Eventually something will have to be done about the black vultures. I know of 4 calves killed or messed up and had to be put down within 3 miles of me due to the vultures.

That can be a lot of work creating a hog pile like that. My friend and I got about 10 or 12 one night and after we picked up about 8 scattered all over the countryside we called er good.

We typically don’t ever pile them. Usually drag them like this to the nearest pasture and let them rot. One of my buddies that was along had some hired help come out that work for him as hog draggers in his guided service.

Attachments

• 7825EB2F-90E8-4488-92BC-9719FA603A02.jpeg
    7825EB2F-90E8-4488-92BC-9719FA603A02.jpeg
    465 KB · Views: 94
  • 0D35722B-2A28-41A9-8ADA-777788A897F8.jpeg
    0D35722B-2A28-41A9-8ADA-777788A897F8.jpeg
    808.1 KB · Views: 101
We went out again on Friday night. Kinda slow night. We ended up with 16. I was standing on the bed of the truck and directing a couple buddies onto the hogs standing in tall wheat. The couldn’t be seen from the ground until you got right up on them. So I’m watching the action go down, and didn’t partake in it on this batch. I hear my buddy get the Jesus scared out of him followed by a tirade of words that would make a sailor blush. Turns out this big boy charged my buddy in the wheat, and the tripod saved him. Lol

Attachments

• A3B4AE91-333D-40CF-9995-96234BAB369D.jpeg
    A3B4AE91-333D-40CF-9995-96234BAB369D.jpeg
    518.5 KB · Views: 108
  • FE7DF618-18C3-44E7-A20C-B9EA45B21AA9.jpeg
    FE7DF618-18C3-44E7-A20C-B9EA45B21AA9.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 106
No, don't. It's shitty down here. Too hot. Lots of ticks. Rattlers out the wazoo. Pure misery.
This. You know you are in the South when you are soaked by 0100 like it had been pouring rain but not a drop has fallen. Humidity has been bad this year. I have been seeing a ton of copperheads too.

Friday night while we were hunting it was a brisk 55* and no humidity lol us West Texans don’t do that humid bullshit very well .

Reactions: MarinePMI
No, don't. It's shitty down here. Too hot. Lots of ticks. Rattlers out the wazoo. Pure misery.
The heat would be rough for me, I think MI gets too hot 😂 I’d be miserable down there but happily miserable slaughtering pigs. I’m lucky to only get a few coyotes a month here at night.

Reactions: Aescobar17
Do you have any 640 res pulsar scopes ?
I agree with your view about the pulsar image quality compared to other thermal scopes, but the 640 res scopes give them a run for their money now, especially with the image boost feature.
I'm a 640 res snob now.
I spot with a 384 res monocular and shoot with a 640 res thermion.
I am amazed at the image difference and am saving my pennies to buy a 640 res monocular now.
I have a Thermion XP50

Still culling deer And still working on getting the side shot mounted to my Henny. I filmed one of the ones I killed last night in the new growth soybeans with the 300 BO, subsonic. I’m liking this camera and cannot wait to get it on my LR rig. S&B 1-8 SD Dual CC, and WP CNVD-LR.

So these rabbits have been eating our strawberries... And the other fruits & veggies in our garden..: but mostly our strawberries. Which is a declaration of war. I’ve managed to take out a few with the clip on and whatnot but lately I’ve been feeling like getting down and dirty with a more “hands on” approach to really send them a concrete message. My goal is 10 yard & in kills without these silly rabbits knowing I’m there.😂😂😂😂 this might be overkill... just waiting on some RNVGs at this point ...
Btw that’s a .357/9mm air pistol... shoots 140gr slugs. And yes.. that is the mystical NGALView attachment 7349427
How do you like that laser/illuminator?

Does it have the swirls of the PEQ15 illuminator?

Took another doe in one of the smaller fields last night with the 300 BO. I put the gopro on 240 fps. Lighting wise I don’t think that setting will work. I had a LA-5 UHP on full blast illuminator and you can see how dark it is. The actual video looks better than the youtube upload. I had to adjust the youtube play speed to 1/4 speed at 720 to get it halfway close. That said, you can see the bullet in flight going toward the doe and her jump with the impact. She ran about 80 yards and bled out.

I’ve been using that newer SIG yellow point “hunting” subsonic and the Hornady 190 gr SS when I can get them to feed.

That scope would really be slick!

Reactions: deersniper
I've been after this dude for a week. My wife forgot to close up the coop one night and he went in, drug my rooster out (or the rooster chased him out) and tore my rooster up. He's alive and healing up but he hasn't wanted to go back in the coop at night since. I've missed two opportunities at him due to stupid mistakes but I was committed to getting him tonight. I laid out in the driveway and waited for him to come up from the bridge across the road. Was waiting for him to walk in front of a big maple and he stopped just short of it facing me. 75yds, bang - flop. Success!! First varmint I've taken a shot at since moving out here almost two years ago.

Upper is a WOA built 18" w/Krieger 1-7.7 and a Centurion Arms rail.

ZTMxHG5h.jpg

I realize some people dislike the idea of shooting deer like this, but when you are seeing more deer out in a field eating than you do rabbits, they can wipe a field out. At that point they are destroying crops just the same as hogs but without tearing the ground up. We all probably end up paying for it when the farmer makes a crop loss claim, so....

I shot a couple tonight and got one at a pretty good clip. Actually got a solid hit on it quartering to me, and I had a steady 10-12 mph crosswind from a storm that was blowing in. Berger factory 105gr Hybrid. At that distance I couldn’t see any antlers, plus the fact the landowner specifically told me he did not care what was on their head, if they were eating his soybean plants, shoot it. I aim to please.

I know there has been some discussion about using those 105 gr Hybrids for hunting, and some negative reviews. I have put down a good number of deer in the last few weeks as well as hogs and coyotes. About half and half with the 105 Berger Hybrids and the Barnes LRX 95gr. I’ve got to be honest, I am seeing all 3 animals expire faster with the Bergers. They maybe run 100-150 yards if they run. I had a few with the Barnes that I ended up having to put an anchor shot into. Most all my shots have been pretty solid hits. Don’t get me wrong, both bullets get the job done at the distances I have been shooting, but I was expecting worse performance with the Bergers than what I am actually seeing.

Things I am learning:
At night with very little moon it is near impossible to tell much about the wind by observing trees. However, if you turn on your IR illuminator and slowly adjust the focus on your clip on you can see small bugs, dust, seeds,..all sorts of shit floating on a breeze. It can give you a good idea what the wind is doing when you cannot see other indicators.

Always try to scout an area during the day. Several times I would range a deer and in my gut I knew the range was off, as I would get a reading way short of what I felt it was. I would then range again and turn on the red laser. That is when you could see that small little clump of grass on a little rise halfway to the deer that you were actually ranging vs the deer.

I’m not going to lie, hunting over these fields at night, being able to shoot distance and make solid first rounds hits nearly every time has been an amazing experience. It is a blast sitting out there, and firing a shot past 500 yards in the dark and seeing the impact and hearing the thud echo back to you. I love running and gunning hogs as much as anyone but what I have been doing the last few weeks is a whole different level of fun.

FB9ED2BE-AB04-474A-BA5A-F6EF6EED243F.png
36B97B9A-A4E3-49BD-AB7D-9CCBE59EEE08.jpeg
8149975C-989A-4465-AEC9-665AE0AE4C0A.jpeg

Last edited:
I realize some people dislike the idea of shooting deer like this, but when you are seeing more deer out in a field eating than you do rabbits, they can wipe a field out. At that point they are destroying crops just the same as hogs but without tearing the ground up. We all probably end up paying for it when the farmer makes a crop loss claim, so....

I shot a couple tonight and got one at a pretty good clip. Actually got a solid hit on it quartering to me, and I had a steady 10-12 mph crosswind from a storm that was blowing in. Berger factory 105gr Hybrid. At that distance I couldn’t see any antlers, plus the fact the landowner specifically told me he did not care what was on their head, if they were eating his soybean plants, shoot it. I aim to please.

I know there has been some discussion about using those 105 gr Hybrids for hunting, and some negative reviews. I have put down a good number of deer in the last few weeks as well as hogs and coyotes. About half and half with the 105 Berger Hybrids and the Barnes LRX 95gr. I’ve got to be honest, I am seeing all 3 animals expire faster with the Bergers. They maybe run 100-150 yards if they run. I had a few with the Barnes that I ended up having to put an anchor shot into. Most all my shots have been pretty solid hits. Don’t get me wrong, both bullets get the job done at the distances I have been shooting, but I was expecting worse performance with the Bergers than what I am actually seeing.

Things I am learning:
At night with very little moon it is near impossible to tell much about the wind by observing trees. However, if you turn on your IR illuminator and slowly adjust the focus on your clip on you can see small bugs, dust, seeds,..all sorts of shit floating on a breeze. It can give you a good idea what the wind is doing when you cannot see other indicators.

Always try to scout an area during the day. Several times I would range a deer and in my gut I knew the range was off, as I would get a reading way short of what I felt it was. I would then range again and turn on the red laser. That is when you could see that small little clump of grass on a little rise halfway to the deer that you were actually ranging vs the deer.

I’m not going to lie, hunting over these fields at night, being able to shoot distance and make solid first rounds hits nearly every time has been an amazing experience. It is a blast sitting out there, and firing a shot past 500 yards in the dark and seeing the impact and hearing the thud echo back to you. I love running and gunning hogs as much as anyone but what I have been doing the last few weeks is a whole different level of fun.

View attachment 7358283View attachment 7358284View attachment 7358285

Some of us are envious. Nice choootin.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
^people our west don’t understand. In the east they are disease carrying long legged rats. Not uncommon to count 30-60 at a time. I counted 100+ on one 120 acre farm.

Destroying crops and gardens, and killing/maiming through disease and car accidents.

Reactions: Hootiewho
^people our west don’t understand. In the east they are disease carrying long legged rats. Not uncommon to count 30-60 at a time. I counted 100+ on one 120 acre farm.

Destroying crops and gardens, and killing/maiming through disease and car accidents.

Yeah, keenly aware. Too many northerners up yonder think they're majestic creatures of the forest that were here first. The rest of us know populations need to be managed through extreme force. Your deer = our hogs. Exception: no one likes hogs.

Kidney stone has whipped my ass the last week, but I think I finally got rid of it. Finally got back out tonight. I shot 1 deer at 378, shot the coyote pictured at about 175, and shot another one on the far side of the bean field at 417. I did not feel like walking down there much less dragging him back for a group pic. This is one of the darker colored ones we are thick with around here. We have a lot of black ones, but a ton of the ones with a nearly black back and tail. Even this one’s back looked a lot darker than pictured.

BD7EA2CA-AD59-48B1-A7F5-E7EED7030FA2.jpeg

I’ve struck out hunting at night 4 times since my 338 can was approved, shot 1 in daylight on one of those trips. Had a small sounder of small hogs come out last night and I finally knocked something over with the 338 Federal, though not the beasts I had in mind when I put this thing together. I was so excited I forgot to record.
D5C940FB-6077-44A8-9B0C-943F846CBE6A.jpeg

Got a few more last night. I thought that the boar was going to tape more, but whatever, it's dead.

Came home and immediately crossed paths with some problem shoats. Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to kill as many as I wanted. Did get a two-fer though!

I had to take a bit of a break due to a kidney stone. I thought I had passes it but the damn thing got lodged and was blocking my piss. Had the surgical procedure this past Sat to remove it. Finally got out tonight to cull some more deer. Due to being near other farm houses and the people across the road having a cookout I ran the 300 BO with SUBS. This was the only deer that took a few shows to put down. The others may have ran 100-200 yards but piled up dead from the 190 gr Hornady Subs.

When you watch these, turn them on the slowest play speed and highest quality. I still haven't figured out how to get the killer slow speed I am seeing to work on YouTube.

Reactions: deersniper