• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV or Thermal for a 50 BMG ??

Bushmaster7

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2002
CONUS
What NV or thermal rifle scopes are out there capable of withstanding a 50 BMG recoil force? I checked on the Thor thermals and they are not; but could be made so but only on a large order basis. I think the FLIR units like the T50 and T70 are 50 BMG rated; but their price is beyond my budget. Also appears the Armasight Vulcan NV scopes are all 50 BMG rated as is the Meopta ZN 6x; but the latter is not sold in the USA. Thanks, Dale

What NV or thermal rifle scopes are out there capable of withstanding a 50 BMG recoil force? I checked on the Thor thermals and they are not; but could be made so but only on a large order basis. I think the FLIR units like the T50 and T70 are 50 BMG rated; but their price is beyond my budget. Also appears the Armasight Vulcan NV scopes are all 50 BMG rated as is the Meopta ZN 6x; but the latter is not sold in the USA. Thanks, Dale
-
find a mil.spec Raptor6 . there heavy boat anchor but if you shooting a .50 then saving weight went out the window long time back .

Glad we got a chance to speak on the phone. Hope I was of some assistance to you.

The FLIR T-70 and T-75 are both rated for full auto .50 Browning M2, even my old T-50 has an internal digital BDC for a Browning M2:

Four%20Flirs2.jpg

Sweet SkyPup. You have some serious equipment there. And thanks Soft and Eric for the added info as well.