Nvision delivers again! New Helmet/weapon mountable therml

bullseye13

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2013
USA
With that dovetail removed and a pic rail installed, looks like an rmr would sit nicely on top. Would be a sweet little day/night setup.

Reactions: MtnGhost

BamaSE

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Noticed there is not a front lens cover in either picture. Anyone know if the Nox is manual or Auto NUC? Or both?

Max_R

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2013
OLED 640 B&W display
No laser
We'll report weight for the final production versions.
Remote power - yes, USB. USB-C connector.
Bridging two - yes but with a caveat. The weapon mount will have to be removed from one of the units and dovetail reinstalled in its place.

@Max_R

Oled 640 screen?
Laser?
Weight?
Remote power capable?
Have you tried to bridge two? 👀

Looks to be 95% of a Skeet at like 1/3 the price. Bet nice.

Eliteuas

Elite Unlocked Aiming Solutions
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
OLED 640 B&W display
No laser
Bridging two - yes but with a caveat. The weapon mount will have to be removed from one of the units and dovetail reinstalled in its place.
Is the weapon mount removable by end user? If so I don’t see it as a caveat. Most people that have coin to buy two of these for bridging can afford dedicated weapon sights as well. I’ll be picking up two for bridged use exclusively. As far as weapon mounting goes... not interested, but a cool feature for sure.

Reactions: MtnGhost

wigwamitus

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
LBJ
Per my earlier post, yes you can remove the weapon mount, exposing the rail underneath, which could then be referred to as the "accessory rail" ...
And on that rail you could mount other items, such as a laser ... or a laser range finder ... or an MRO ... it might be necessary to you a Lion Gear rail on rail to get more rail length higher off the housing. I do that with the Patrols, Reaps and SNIPE.

I think they can be bridged without the removal reinstall step, provided you are willing to "swing out" a little if needed to "work the buttons" ... on the right side unit. I do similar with I mount the patrol with the joy stick facing in between the two units I have on the bridge. Swing out a little, push a button, swing back.

WhereNow&How

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2019
MS
I run through nods like I run through hoes. Used to be one at a time. Now it’s plentiful 😬😜😂♠
Be careful out there or you might catch a bad case of claps and have to get a Penicillin shot from them doctors in suits that cleaned Horta up from his dose of it. :LOL:

Reactions: Eliteuas

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
OLED 640 B&W display
No laser
Video out format?

CheaperRooter

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2019
Charleston, SC
One of the things I loved about the Patrol was the ability to adjust the levels of intensity for white / black hot. It had 3 different levels. Does anyone know if the NOX has this option as well? For me that was a major advantage and what was also what I disliked about the Zeus 640 as it’s white hot was almost gray and not intense enough for me. But I am 1/2 blind so to each their own LOL.

I’m not sure if that is a feature exclusive to the Patrol or if it’s a common feature on other units as well? It’s hard to research whether a thermal scope has that option because the descriptions always use terminology which represents a choice of multiple palettes but not adjusting the intensity of each palette.

I have to say however, seeing this gave me pause. I am in the market again as of now and it was only a matter of days until I picked up another Patrol, but after seeing this?? Oh heck yeah, this unit looks like win win win to me! Even if it wasn’t my cuppa tea, it would behoove me to wait a couple of months assuming Trijicon would have to lower its prices to be competitive ;)

Only thing I see as a negative is it’s not available yet! Wanted something in the next week or so.

CheaperRooter

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2019
Charleston, SC
Oh and I almost forgot! Having the ability to take a 18650 battery is a World Series GRAND SLAM to me!!! I’ve always complained about that. Such a small thing to include in the technology, but one that had major benefits for the end users.

No more complaints about batteries that’s for sure. I’m heavy into tactical flashlights and I have probably 40+ of them and being able to easily carry a 5 pack around added with recharging capability and that just throws any battery issues / complaints right out the window!

That alone is probably worth the wait for me.

Max_R

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2013
The Nox is very similar to Halos but it accepts different batteries, has a focusable objective lens, can be head-mounted on either eye, has USB-C instead of a proprietary connector for power/video/image download. Switch assignment is also a little different in order to better match its size and intended uses.

I asked this on the other site but how does the 2x model compare halo non LR and Reap 35? Is it the same guy in a smaller package?

texasleftychef

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
The Nox is very similar to Halos but it accepts different batteries, has a focusable objective lens, can be head-mounted on either eye, has USB-C instead of a proprietary connector for power/video/image download. Switch assignment is also a little different in order to better match its size and intended uses.
Thank you for the response. Is screen size the same as well? Sorry if this has been discussed already? And thanks for bringing this out. Seems to bring a ton of versatility in a 2x package.

Reactions: mikefraz

jstokes1

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2018
Monroe, Louisiana
I'd be interested to see how this unit stacks up to the MH 25 in terms of image quality. With the lower OLED display resolution, it would be interesting

jstokes1

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2018
Monroe, Louisiana
Even if the mh25 turns out to be a hair better image wise. I won’t be spending my dollars on that garbage. Heard of too many of them failing ..
Have not had any issues with mine thus far, but thats a sample size of 1 respectively. So far, I have been more than happy

Jgunner

Gunny Sergeant
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
Arizona
Even if the mh25 turns out to be a hair better image wise. I won’t be spending my dollars on that garbage. Heard of too many of them failing ..
I have not heard of many failures, but i have no friends, its only you poor lost souls that i get my info from. Reality is it will not be the same, maybe ~15% less? But its not chinesium, should last longer and take more abuse. Time will tell. If someone prints up a mh25 housing that is like the nvision, i think it could be pushed a lot harder.

Reactions: NateSavannah

BamaSE

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Max, will the unit come with an offset dovetail to dovetail mount to attach direct to a Rhino or Wilcox G series or will that have to be purchased separate. Just thinking about the folks who will not run the the Nox with a bridge mount. Thanks!

Max_R

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2013
So far, there are no plans to ship the Nox with the offset dovetail to dovetail mount. We may consider offering it as an option at a later time unless somebody steps up and starts making it or maybe there is a mount already that will do the job. Sorry, I did not research this aspect enough.

Max, will the unit come with an offset dovetail to dovetail mount to attach direct to a Rhino or Wilcox G series or will that have to be purchased separate. Just thinking about the folks who will not run the the Nox with a bridge mount. Thanks!

Reactions: BamaSE

NateSavannah

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 25, 2020
So far, there are no plans to ship the Nox with the offset dovetail to dovetail mount. We may consider offering it as an option at a later time unless somebody steps up and starts making it or maybe there is a mount already that will do the job. Sorry, I did not research this aspect enough.
is this the dovetail to dovetail you guys are looking for?

Reactions: BamaSE and mikefraz

E-Tool

5120-00-878-5932
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2020
KY
cant speak for those who sell their soul + their genitals for Nods 😂😂😂. I can give some life advice though. Do you; start a business , chase a dream, work hard, no matter what others think of your goals.. the satisfaction is worth it. I am an owner/ managing partner of a CBD business. We are just starting out after a rough year of getting up & running/ licensing etc.. we are hemp processors in PA. so you Can imagine the despair on my face when our first shipment of hemp a little over a month ago was seized by FedEx. All 240 pounds of it (500k worth of CBD). Needless to say I am an avid supporter of LE but nonetheless it gave me satisfaction telling the agents who showed up at my house (politely ofcourse) That I was in compliance and fully legal for what I was doing. They ended up vouching for me with FedEx, and after taking it all the way up the chain of command to corporate our crop was released to us... it’s been a crazy past 2 months. To say the least 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
This deserves it’s own thread I’m curious about the stories from your first year.

• Haha
Reactions: Eliteuas

CheaperRooter

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2019
Charleston, SC
I wish I would have had the patience to wait but I’m taking off cross country in a week and I really needed something and I know how these things go, November release turns into December turns into next year, things happen, blah blah so I purchased a used Patrol M300W for 5k that’s been collecting dust and is literally brand new.

So I’m back to carrying a suitcase of 123a’s along with me everywhere I go and maybe, just maybe, that will be enough to last me two hours usage...

Other than that I think it’s one of the finest units out there and the picture is hard to beat. I almost went with the Halo this time but this is a 1X Patrol Before the 1.5 change and I REALLY wanted that bad. For my purposes. I just wish the magnifiers weren’t so ridiculously priced!!!

If they release the Nox early? I’ll be kicking myself in the butt!!!!

PlinkIt

GunNut Extraordinaire
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
@CheaperRooter you can always turn around and sell the patrol to "upgrade" to the nox later...

Sounds like you got it for a decent price and they are solid units so it shouldn't loose a fortune to sell it later

Maybe business will be good though and you can just add a second unit and have both!

CheaperRooter

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2019
Charleston, SC
@CheaperRooter you can always turn around and sell the patrol to "upgrade" to the nox later...

Sounds like you got it for a decent price and they are solid units so it shouldn't loose a fortune to sell it later

Maybe business will be good though and you can just add a second unit and have both!
Yeah i ran into some bad times and had to sell off all my stuff. First to go was my Mod-3 Gen 3 goggles, which I loved! Took a soaking. Paid $7500 sold $4500. Then the Patrol. Paid $8 sold $4500 as well. Then recently the Zeus which I almost kept for the pennies I sold it for, $3000, paid I forget but think around 7ish. But the 3X wasn’t for me. 1x kinda guy.

So lost kinda big. But...made up for it all with my new purchases! In other words, it was someone else’s turn to get soaked! LOL.

A killer deal on a PVS 7 Gen 3 for $1500 from my buddy that paid $3500. And now Patrol for $5000 many years newer and much better shape then mine was.

My money for a 2nd thermal would alway go towards a good quality gen 3 NV device instead. I believe a man needs both if he wants to truly own the night. Each has their own personal needs but I use NV for navigation and also for looking into and out of windows!!! Windows are SUPER important to me for security purposes. What good is 50k worth of thermal if a 12 year old can stand behind a window and blow you away? Ok ok, I know, but I’m making a point damnit! LOL. And thermal for scanning / protection. Always keep it weapon mounted.

I will say I REALLY WANTED THIS NOX! But felt naked, vulnerable and exposed for the 6 months without my stuff especially at a time so much turmoil is going on around us. I thought of ALL times to be without night protection...so jumped back in before the water got hot!

The way things are looking, I can’t honestly tell you the world’s going to be the same come November release date. Look at what’s happened in the past 90 days and then ask what could happen 90 more days from now? The NOX may just be a day late and a sane world short in America by then...

Brasscow

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
Iowa
I'm curious what the horizontal/vertical field of view is on this unit. I'm not impressed by my MH25 but my HALO is a dream IMO.

Brasscow

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
Iowa
@Brasscow here is the Nox FOV info (in degrees):

18mm: 24.3 (H) x 18.3 (V); 30.4 (diagonal)
35mm: 12.2 (H) x 9.3 (V); 15.1 (diagonal)
Now we're talking! Got any early samples so I can hock this 1 day old MH25 on the used market?

MtnGhost

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
Man, I'm definitely in for an 18mm. Would love to get the 35mm too, but I still need something decent for my planned solo hunt next month.

Reactions: Max_R

wigwamitus

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
LBJ
Well another option for now for @MtnGhost would be a Halo-25mm ... it can be wpn mounted ... has a QD ... and can be used as a handheld spotter ... that was one set of his requirements.

But if he wants his "stop gap" (pre Nox-19) to be head mountable ... then the patrol is a better option.

PlinkIt

GunNut Extraordinaire
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
I did exactly what wig is saying with the Halo 25 for a bit before I went full helmet set up

If I 100% knew I was going to buy a unit now and could buy a unit later....

I'd think about buying a Halo LR now and remove the mount to use as a scanner with a smaller fov... Which is not ideal but will work... Knowing that I'm planning to buy the nox when it's available later

That will leave you with a nice helmet unit as well as a nice dedicated scope in the long run

Reactions: MtnGhost and Frog05