• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nvision delivers again! New Helmet/weapon mountable therml

The Nox is very similar to Halos but it accepts different batteries, has a focusable objective lens, can be head-mounted on either eye, has USB-C instead of a proprietary connector for power/video/image download. Switch assignment is also a little different in order to better match its size and intended uses.

I asked this on the other site but how does the 2x model compare halo non LR and Reap 35? Is it the same guy in a smaller package?

The Nox is very similar to Halos but it accepts different batteries, has a focusable objective lens, can be head-mounted on either eye, has USB-C instead of a proprietary connector for power/video/image download. Switch assignment is also a little different in order to better match its size and intended uses.

Thank you for the response. Is screen size the same as well? Sorry if this has been discussed already? And thanks for bringing this out. Seems to bring a ton of versatility in a 2x package.

Reactions: mikefraz
I'd be interested to see how this unit stacks up to the MH 25 in terms of image quality. With the lower OLED display resolution, it would be interesting

Even if the mh25 turns out to be a hair better image wise. I won’t be spending my dollars on that garbage. Heard of too many of them failing ..
Have not had any issues with mine thus far, but thats a sample size of 1 respectively. So far, I have been more than happy

Even if the mh25 turns out to be a hair better image wise. I won’t be spending my dollars on that garbage. Heard of too many of them failing ..
I have not heard of many failures, but i have no friends, its only you poor lost souls that i get my info from. Reality is it will not be the same, maybe ~15% less? But its not chinesium, should last longer and take more abuse. Time will tell. If someone prints up a mh25 housing that is like the nvision, i think it could be pushed a lot harder.

Reactions: NateSavannah
The 10um InfiniRay sensor is flat-out awesome. The HD OLED display is flat-out awesome.

The rest of the package, not so much.

Max, will the unit come with an offset dovetail to dovetail mount to attach direct to a Rhino or Wilcox G series or will that have to be purchased separate. Just thinking about the folks who will not run the the Nox with a bridge mount. Thanks!

So far, there are no plans to ship the Nox with the offset dovetail to dovetail mount. We may consider offering it as an option at a later time unless somebody steps up and starts making it or maybe there is a mount already that will do the job. Sorry, I did not research this aspect enough.

Max, will the unit come with an offset dovetail to dovetail mount to attach direct to a Rhino or Wilcox G series or will that have to be purchased separate. Just thinking about the folks who will not run the the Nox with a bridge mount. Thanks!

Reactions: BamaSE
So far, there are no plans to ship the Nox with the offset dovetail to dovetail mount. We may consider offering it as an option at a later time unless somebody steps up and starts making it or maybe there is a mount already that will do the job. Sorry, I did not research this aspect enough.
is this the dovetail to dovetail you guys are looking for?

cant speak for those who sell their soul + their genitals for Nods 😂😂😂. I can give some life advice though. Do you; start a business , chase a dream, work hard, no matter what others think of your goals.. the satisfaction is worth it. I am an owner/ managing partner of a CBD business. We are just starting out after a rough year of getting up & running/ licensing etc.. we are hemp processors in PA. so you Can imagine the despair on my face when our first shipment of hemp a little over a month ago was seized by FedEx. All 240 pounds of it (500k worth of CBD). Needless to say I am an avid supporter of LE but nonetheless it gave me satisfaction telling the agents who showed up at my house (politely ofcourse) That I was in compliance and fully legal for what I was doing. They ended up vouching for me with FedEx, and after taking it all the way up the chain of command to corporate our crop was released to us... it’s been a crazy past 2 months. To say the least 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This deserves it’s own thread I’m curious about the stories from your first year.

• Haha
Reactions: Eliteuas
I wish I would have had the patience to wait but I’m taking off cross country in a week and I really needed something and I know how these things go, November release turns into December turns into next year, things happen, blah blah so I purchased a used Patrol M300W for 5k that’s been collecting dust and is literally brand new.

So I’m back to carrying a suitcase of 123a’s along with me everywhere I go and maybe, just maybe, that will be enough to last me two hours usage...

Other than that I think it’s one of the finest units out there and the picture is hard to beat. I almost went with the Halo this time but this is a 1X Patrol Before the 1.5 change and I REALLY wanted that bad. For my purposes. I just wish the magnifiers weren’t so ridiculously priced!!!

If they release the Nox early? I’ll be kicking myself in the butt!!!!

@CheaperRooter you can always turn around and sell the patrol to "upgrade" to the nox later...

Sounds like you got it for a decent price and they are solid units so it shouldn't loose a fortune to sell it later

Maybe business will be good though and you can just add a second unit and have both!

@CheaperRooter you can always turn around and sell the patrol to "upgrade" to the nox later...

Sounds like you got it for a decent price and they are solid units so it shouldn't loose a fortune to sell it later

Maybe business will be good though and you can just add a second unit and have both!

Yeah i ran into some bad times and had to sell off all my stuff. First to go was my Mod-3 Gen 3 goggles, which I loved! Took a soaking. Paid $7500 sold $4500. Then the Patrol. Paid $8 sold $4500 as well. Then recently the Zeus which I almost kept for the pennies I sold it for, $3000, paid I forget but think around 7ish. But the 3X wasn’t for me. 1x kinda guy.

So lost kinda big. But...made up for it all with my new purchases! In other words, it was someone else’s turn to get soaked! LOL.

A killer deal on a PVS 7 Gen 3 for $1500 from my buddy that paid $3500. And now Patrol for $5000 many years newer and much better shape then mine was.

My money for a 2nd thermal would alway go towards a good quality gen 3 NV device instead. I believe a man needs both if he wants to truly own the night. Each has their own personal needs but I use NV for navigation and also for looking into and out of windows!!! Windows are SUPER important to me for security purposes. What good is 50k worth of thermal if a 12 year old can stand behind a window and blow you away? Ok ok, I know, but I’m making a point damnit! LOL. And thermal for scanning / protection. Always keep it weapon mounted.

I will say I REALLY WANTED THIS NOX! But felt naked, vulnerable and exposed for the 6 months without my stuff especially at a time so much turmoil is going on around us. I thought of ALL times to be without night protection...so jumped back in before the water got hot!

The way things are looking, I can’t honestly tell you the world’s going to be the same come November release date. Look at what’s happened in the past 90 days and then ask what could happen 90 more days from now? The NOX may just be a day late and a sane world short in America by then...

I'm curious what the horizontal/vertical field of view is on this unit. I'm not impressed by my MH25 but my HALO is a dream IMO.

@Brasscow here is the Nox FOV info (in degrees):

18mm: 24.3 (H) x 18.3 (V); 30.4 (diagonal)
35mm: 12.2 (H) x 9.3 (V); 15.1 (diagonal)
Now we're talking! Got any early samples so I can hock this 1 day old MH25 on the used market?

New intel for the NOX is up on N-Vision’s site.
0F71840A-9382-4DDD-9627-45888959348E.jpeg

Man, I'm definitely in for an 18mm. Would love to get the 35mm too, but I still need something decent for my planned solo hunt next month.

Reactions: Max_R
Well another option for now for @MtnGhost would be a Halo-25mm ... it can be wpn mounted ... has a QD ... and can be used as a handheld spotter ... that was one set of his requirements.

But if he wants his "stop gap" (pre Nox-19) to be head mountable ... then the patrol is a better option.

I did exactly what wig is saying with the Halo 25 for a bit before I went full helmet set up

If I 100% knew I was going to buy a unit now and could buy a unit later....

I'd think about buying a Halo LR now and remove the mount to use as a scanner with a smaller fov... Which is not ideal but will work... Knowing that I'm planning to buy the nox when it's available later

That will leave you with a nice helmet unit as well as a nice dedicated scope in the long run

Ive got a massive case of blue balls, anyone got
a release date yet, screenshots or.......just crickets for now.

Reactions: Jgunner
Sorry, we still don't have the release date. Production must be completely ready and testing is done before we'll let the Nox out. However, here are a few pictures for the most impatient :). Optics looks pretty good to me. High contrast scenes.

IMAGE0.png

IMAGE7.png

Sorry, we still don't have the release date. Production must be completely ready and testing is done before we'll let the Nox out. However, here are a few pictures for the most impatient :). Optics looks pretty good to me. High contrast scenes.

View attachment 7446450

View attachment 7446451

Max I don’t know if its been touched on or not but does the NOX come with the same Reticles as the Halo LR???

Hi Max, will the Nox have the capability to run off a battery pack then be unplugged and not lose power....specifically inquiring if it can be run helmet mounted as a scanner via USB to a Anker then unplugged and mounted to the weapon and it auto swap over to the CR 123 or rechargeable 18650 battery without cutting off. I really like having a power pack and the worry free long life although I understand the 18650 provides more flexibility. Thanks!

@BamaSE: Yes, the Nox works exactly as you described. You can switch between power sources (battery or external USB pack) and the Nox will still stay up as long as at least one power source is available.

Hi Max, will the Nox have the capability to run off a battery pack then be unplugged and not lose power....specifically inquiring if it can be run helmet mounted as a scanner via USB to a Anker then unplugged and mounted to the weapon and it auto swap over to the CR 123 or rechargeable 18650 battery without cutting off. I really like having a power pack and the worry free long life although I understand the 18650 provides more flexibility. Thanks!

Hell to the yeah! And they are already moving quick!!!

Is there a hard ship date on the Nox?

2020 is coming to an end.

2021 is NOT the same tax year.

I can't incur a 2020 expense........if I'm not charged until.......
We (our dealers) are accepting orders for Nox18 and Nox35. Shipments within 30 to 45 days.
Hell to the yeah! And they are already moving quick!!!

I hope that's clear enough.

Will this be possible?

@Jim Out- if your directing that at me feel free to PM me, not sure if that was a general question or directed at me???

Thank you both.

I'm ecstatic.

As demonstrated by some of our lackluster politicians (Doug the Douche certified AZs election results) "taking pride in your work" is not commonplace anymore, apparently.

Thank you Lowdown3 for being the best of the best!

Thank you Max_R for bringing a product so exceptional to market.