• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nvision delivers again! New Helmet/weapon mountable therml

Frog05

Sure Shot Night Vision
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Southern Illinois
Screenshot_20200827-144739_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200827-144814_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Love it, just not the price unfortunately. I might be sticking with an MH25 at that price point and hold out for a higher end clip on (UTC).

I got some hands on with this one yesterday.

Not clipon capable :(

But it does have a reticle.

So it can be used as a thermal weapons sight.
The manual focus is NON rotational, so POI shift does NOT happen when focusing (a big plus over the patrol)

Has an accessory rail, which comes with the ADM mount attached, but that can be removed if you want to attach your RAPTAR or Radius and make a thermal range finder.

Its about mid-way between the patrol and the skeet on size and weight.

The MAP is $6,200 (per what I was told).

Versus the Chyna-Skeet $4,800 (with 14 eyepiece).

Has rechargable battery included and USB-C connector for additional battery packs and video out.

There's an 18mm unit and a 35mm unit.

Both have dovetails so can be helmet mounted.

They are the same except for the front lenses.

==
Asked if it would take the TPL 3x ... and was told "Yes but, the TPL adapter will need to be modified". No date for that yet.

... I am curious if the 35mm and 19mm are the same base mag/FOV ...

Negatif ...

I asked, though I was not given exact figures. We will have to wait for a spec sheet to get exact numbers ... but

18mm = about 1.1x or 1.2x

35mm = about 2.0x

In terms of magnification

Negatif ...

I asked, though I was not given exact figures. We will have to wait for a spec sheet to get exact numbers ... but

18mm = about 1.1x or 1.2x

35mm = about 2.0x

In terms of magnification
How would a 2x work for helmet mount?

Lol your obsession with my arsenal of choice is disturbing young Padawan.. keep your eyes on your lightsaber; and not on mine. Shits faggy😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
And for your final teaching as a young Jedi apprentice; as far as the cratos goes... in my best juicy J voice * stttfffffffuuuuuuuuuu* 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just fucking with you. We all know the Cratos is cool. Right guys?

Reactions: Eliteuas
.. How would a 2x work for helmet mount?

I didn't try it for a while ... hecque ... back in 2015 ... when the patrol and Q-14 first came out ... .most folks on here told me I would get dizzy and fall down and die .. if I tried to walk with a thermal on my head :ROFLMAO:

And I was worried ... but at the same time, I was highly motivated ... Had been walking with the 14 on left eye and holding up Apollo to right eye ... and it didn't kill me .. and I was sure that hands free spotting while moving would be the greatest thing since rocket travel.

So for two days I walked around just outside the house ... waiting to fall down and die ... but non-such happened !

So then I went out in the pasture ... and all was fine.

==
Finally a couple of years later ... I tried the patrol on 2x ... and well ... it just worked ... patrol on 2x on one eye ... 14 on 1x on the other eye ...

Works for me ... while rolling on the 4-wheeler ... YMMV !!!

I've run the SNIPE up there also .. native 2.5x it works better than I expected.

==
But for my primary helmet mounted thermal, I prefer the skeet. Mostly due to the HPR. If all team members have HPR equiv on their heads then I can quickly orient team members as to the sectors they are watching ... even with limited clear land marks (the plan b).
And 1x gives me a better view of what's right around me, within 100yds ... so if in or near the woods, I like 1x ... if out in open pasture 2x or 2.5x is fine.

For me, the primary purposes of the 14 up there are to see the laser and pick up any vis light I might need to know about. There are cases where the 14 can help with navigation (snow and ice conditions) ... but I usually rely on the thermal for navigation (opposite of conventional wisdom back in 2015).

I can also use the 14 up there for ranging with a 905-950nm hand held laser ... for which purpose I carry the olde USGI 3x so I can see the ranging laser farther out.

==
So how would a 2x work ?

For, me If I was mostly in open pastures ... It would work great ... if I was mostly in the woods or near the woods, I'd want the 1x and just switch it to 2x in the open pasture.

Almost...

Work a lot at a high rate of pay
+
Priorities

If you make 200k a year then the budget / priorities are much more freely manipulated than if you make 50k a year...

The way some guys are throwing money at this stuff I think they have a sugar momma though... My current view of NV is coke might have been cheaper

Back on topic a little bit though...
For those that got to lay hands on them early, or play with prototypes

The rail that's under the adm mount.. is this pic rail? Or something we need to convert to pic rail?

Anyone happen to get one on a bridge long enough to see how far the distance is off from a 14?... How much closer will this sit to the eye without special mounts for the 14 I guess is what I'm asking

Screen really fill the lens? Forgiving eyebox?
What type of eye relief are we talking since this is weapon rated... caliber limitations due to eye relief? Caliber limitations period?

Reactions: bullseye13
cant speak for those who sell their soul + their genitals for Nods 😂😂😂. I can give some life advice though. Do you; start a business , chase a dream, work hard, no matter what others think of your goals.. the satisfaction is worth it. I am an owner/ managing partner of a CBD business. We are just starting out after a rough year of getting up & running/ licensing etc.. we are hemp processors in PA. so you Can imagine the despair on my face when our first shipment of hemp a little over a month ago was seized by FedEx. All 240 pounds of it (500k worth of CBD). Needless to say I am an avid supporter of LE but nonetheless it gave me satisfaction telling the agents who showed up at my house (politely ofcourse) That I was in compliance and fully legal for what I was doing. They ended up vouching for me with FedEx, and after taking it all the way up the chain of command to corporate our crop was released to us... it’s been a crazy past 2 months. To say the least 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
DRUGS!!!! I knew it!😂😂😂

This thread makes me so happy. Now 3 months to decide between an 18mm or 35mm😁

Hopefully this will truly be a plug and play with a 14 on a bridge with both devices being lined up correctly and no other add ons or tweaks to the devices or bridge.

If anyone gets some intel on which one of the various bridge options will work best for a Nox and a 14 please advise. Been holding off acquiring a bridge waiting on this whisper of a rumor from N-vision to come true, thanks!

If the 18 is 1.1x and the 35 is 2x that makes the head mount decision easy
Yep, you are correct......my overactive and imaginative brain saw the rail mount and started thinking of all the other purposes I can use it for.....rifle scope for the close range action and lightweight scanner on a neck lanyard when the helmet is not required.....both of which make me likey the 35mm and higher base mag. But with the primary purpose being helmet mounted and a general scanner then the 18mm will most likely be my choice.

Look forward to seeing the end specs and weight. Another question in the back of my mind is how well this will play with a 14 that also has a Coti attached. That is probably kind of a lower quality thermal redundancy with the Nox. But still curious. My guess is unnecessary weight unless one is using a laser to shoot.

With that dovetail removed and a pic rail installed, looks like an rmr would sit nicely on top. Would be a sweet little day/night setup.

Reactions: MtnGhost
Noticed there is not a front lens cover in either picture. Anyone know if the Nox is manual or Auto NUC? Or both?

OLED 640 B&W display
No laser
We'll report weight for the final production versions.
Remote power - yes, USB. USB-C connector.
Bridging two - yes but with a caveat. The weapon mount will have to be removed from one of the units and dovetail reinstalled in its place.

@Max_R

Oled 640 screen?
Laser?
Weight?
Remote power capable?
Have you tried to bridge two? 👀

Looks to be 95% of a Skeet at like 1/3 the price. Bet nice.

Per my earlier post, yes you can remove the weapon mount, exposing the rail underneath, which could then be referred to as the "accessory rail" ...
And on that rail you could mount other items, such as a laser ... or a laser range finder ... or an MRO ... it might be necessary to you a Lion Gear rail on rail to get more rail length higher off the housing. I do that with the Patrols, Reaps and SNIPE.

I think they can be bridged without the removal reinstall step, provided you are willing to "swing out" a little if needed to "work the buttons" ... on the right side unit. I do similar with I mount the patrol with the joy stick facing in between the two units I have on the bridge. Swing out a little, push a button, swing back.

I run through nods like I run through hoes. Used to be one at a time. Now it’s plentiful 😬😜😂
Be careful out there or you might catch a bad case of claps and have to get a Penicillin shot from them doctors in suits that cleaned Horta up from his dose of it. :LOL:

OLED 640 B&W display
No laser
We'll report weight for the final production versions.
Remote power - yes, USB. USB-C connector.
Bridging two - yes but with a caveat. The weapon mount will have to be removed from one of the units and dovetail reinstalled in its place.
Video out format?

Be careful out there or you might catch a bad case of claps and have to get a Penicillin shot from them doctors in suits that cleaned Horta up from his dose of it. :LOL:
Claps.... penicillin.... I thought the 'hoes' was for his garden.....

One of the things I loved about the Patrol was the ability to adjust the levels of intensity for white / black hot. It had 3 different levels. Does anyone know if the NOX has this option as well? For me that was a major advantage and what was also what I disliked about the Zeus 640 as it’s white hot was almost gray and not intense enough for me. But I am 1/2 blind so to each their own LOL.

I’m not sure if that is a feature exclusive to the Patrol or if it’s a common feature on other units as well? It’s hard to research whether a thermal scope has that option because the descriptions always use terminology which represents a choice of multiple palettes but not adjusting the intensity of each palette.

I have to say however, seeing this gave me pause. I am in the market again as of now and it was only a matter of days until I picked up another Patrol, but after seeing this?? Oh heck yeah, this unit looks like win win win to me! Even if it wasn’t my cuppa tea, it would behoove me to wait a couple of months assuming Trijicon would have to lower its prices to be competitive ;)

Only thing I see as a negative is it’s not available yet! Wanted something in the next week or so.

Oh and I almost forgot! Having the ability to take a 18650 battery is a World Series GRAND SLAM to me!!! I’ve always complained about that. Such a small thing to include in the technology, but one that had major benefits for the end users.

No more complaints about batteries that’s for sure. I’m heavy into tactical flashlights and I have probably 40+ of them and being able to easily carry a 5 pack around added with recharging capability and that just throws any battery issues / complaints right out the window!

That alone is probably worth the wait for me.