• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nxs 2.5-10 on a longer range hunting rifle?

I buy and sell scopes all the time, upgrading to the new hotness that catches my eye. The NF 2.5-10x and Vortex Gen 2 HD Razor 1-6x are two that I'll probably have in the safe forever. I've found the NF 2.5-10x scope to be the most versatile scope I have. It sits on my 45-70 right now.

I'm dreaming of the day NF releases a 2-(12-16)x ATACR though. It'll probably be on every rifle I own.

Having said that at the range you're talking about do you need to have a scope with a low end magnification of 2.5x for greater FOV? I personally need higher FOV in my woods because at max I'll get 100 yard shot maybe 200 if I'm on a field. If most of my shots were going to be 100+ I'd opt for a higher mag range like a 3-15x or 4-20x.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt33 and Moose
I sold my NF2.5-10x42 MIL/MIL mildot reticle illuminated reticle and zero stop to buy an Athlon Cronus. Of the many scopes I have sold, and that number is in the dozens, I wish I would have kept it, one more 3-12 LRHS from the original roll out.

Reactions: Moose
I buy and sell scopes all the time, upgrading to the new hotness that catches my eye. The NF 2.5-10x and Vortex Gen 2 HD Razor 1-6x are two that I'll probably have in the safe forever. I've found the NF 2.5-10x scope to be the most versatile scope I have. It sits on my 45-70 right now.

I'm dreaming of the day NF releases a 2-(12-16)x ATACR though. It'll probably be on every rifle I own.

Having said that at the range you're talking about do you need to have a scope with a low end magnification of 2.5x for greater FOV? I personally need higher FOV in my woods because at max I'll get 100 yard shot maybe 200 if I'm on a field. If most of my shots were going to be 100+ I'd opt for a higher mag range like a 3-15x or 4-20x.
I have to agree with you on the NF 2.5x10 and the Vortex Gen 2 Razor 1x6 I have both and will not be getting rid of either.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt33
My 2.5-10x32 Mil Dot is one that I'll never let go of.

I wish they'd update the X42 model with a newer reticle. I never warmed up to the Mil-R

nice shooting, thats crazy! how many times out of 10?

i have a vx6 1-6x and struggle to get a steady image at 550yds on a white 12” steel plate i have positioned in the desert on a hillside.

i’ll have to take a peak at what 900 looks like thru 6x next time out

Might be your eyes, my father is old and his eyesight makes it hard for him to shoot past 200-300 yards scope or no scope.

My 2.5-10x32 Mil Dot is one that I'll never let go of.

I wish they'd update the X42 model with a newer reticle. I never warmed up to the Mil-R

No idea why they quit making them tbh people on here loved them. I liked the Leupold MR/T 3-9 and 2.5-8 but they're discontinued and the clone crowd has inflated prices to the moon. Hopefully SWFA will produce a couple versions of their 2.5-10 and 3-9 as lightweight tactical/hunting type scopes.

I want to like the Creedo but the lack parallax adjustment makes no sense. Like many non tactical Leupolds I swear its made for the fudd crowd.

The old saying you don't need it at 10x and lower needs to die. I would rather have no illuminated reticle and parallax adjustment vs the opposite. I like flexibility….

I’ve got a 4-16x42 on an NBK in the same low rings and the bolt hits the cattail at 15/16x and the scope cap too. Yours looks higher. Just ordered some highs so hopefully it’ll clear it now.

Reactions: Sendero_Man
Might be your eyes, my father is old and his eyesight makes it hard for him to shoot past 200-300 yards scope or no scope.

No idea why they quit making them tbh people on here loved them. I liked the Leupold MR/T 3-9 and 2.5-8 but they're discontinued and the clone crowd has inflated prices to the moon. Hopefully SWFA will produce a couple versions of their 2.5-10 and 3-9 as lightweight tactical/hunting type scopes.

good point. i’m 56 and need glasses for distance with a slight astigmatism.

reticle design probably doesnt help with with this vx6 1-6x. the fire dot isnt exactly perfect for small objects past 300-400