• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

O.P.P.S March Match

mparry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
Midwest
Oklahoma Practical Precision Shooters is hosting the March Shoot for the Green match on March 17th and 18th 2012. In western Oklahoma you never know what kind of weather you are going to have in March until it happens so we are hoping for the best. It will be a similar match to last year except 2 days this time with a few more R.O.'s. It is a individual match and will be limited to 30 cal and less no banded magnum or FMJ's to preserve targets. $225.00 entry fee $200.00 of which will be paid back as CASH prize money (That's Right Green Backs) with the other $25.00 going to the T-shirt for each participant and lunch on both days. We will take the first 40 paid participants and about 5 or 10 alternates. I'll try to check for questions regularly and answer them here for everyone to see. Hopefully I will only have to answer them once that way.

Send your $225.00 entry with your name address shirt size e-mail and phone # to ....

Matt Parry
Parry Custom Gun
114 East Broadway
Vici, Oklahoma

We are going to have a fun match with plenty of targets that moves well and has a good pay out. See you then.

Re: O.P.P.S March Match

Count me in. Wouldn't miss a chance to hang out with the crazy Okies!

Glad to see you headed up boss man. Wish I could have been at the Ranch in December. I'm sure it will be a great match and well run. I certainly enjoyed the last one.

Hey Matt:
Are there any slots left? Two of are planning to come over to shoot with you. How about round count? Looking forward to coming to OK agin.

Why do you ask Two Dogs? Just kidding. I think I can get you guys in right now there are a couple slots left and we would love to have you out. I do not have a clue about the round count yet. We haven't got the range set up and it is at a completely different location. We cannot get in there until after deer season in Oklahoma which means end of the year. But judging from the matches we have held in the past I would say around 150 would cover both days comfortably. At any rate we will have it set up and trial ran with me and Eddy to know for sure in plenty of time to let you know if that changes. Thanks for asking and looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Hey Matt:
Been out scouting for elk, but I'll get you a check in the mail in the A.M. Looks as if there will be 3 of us. Really looking forward to shooting with you again. Tell Eddt hello for me.
Take care.
Tommy

Hey Matt:

Check is in the mail for 2 of us. Gary is sending his check too. So at this point it looks as if there will be 3 of us coming to shoot with you guys. It'll be fun. hope there is still room left.

Great!!! looking forward to having you guys down. Eddy is helping me host the match so you will get to see plenty of him when you come down. See you fellows then.

Send it I think you cold still get in. There are a couple who say they want in but have not produced the entry yet. And it is the first 40 paid.

Matt, I'm in if there is a spot open. I'll get a check in the mail or I can give it to you at the December meeting.

Just let me know.

Thanks,

I would put that baby in the mail. it is starting to fill up fast and I am not holding any spots. Just the first 40 paid.

Sorry for the long wait I got out of the habit of looking at the post over the holidays. I will post a shooters list as soon as I get back in the shop on Wednesday. And we will have round counts and courses of fire as soon as we get it laid out after Jan 15th (The close of archery season). And yes we could probably use the help R.Oing or with set up if you are around. Thanks.

I may be overstepping my bounds but, yes. Spectators have always been allowed in the past. Not much of a spectator sport but you could definatly come out and talk to some good folks and watch what you can. Bring a spotting scope and you will be able to see alot more. You might learn something or might teach us dumb Okies a thing or two
smile.gif

Good luck we are hard headed as hell. Here is the shooters list in no particular order and we will start on the range in late January and should have solid round counts by first of February but expect to bring 150 rounds.

Mark Carr
Steve Mann
Tom Phillips
Gary Dean
John Beanland
Tom Ross
Ron Jakaub
B.J. Bailey
Shae Province
Tyler Whaley
Mike Kerrigan
Scott Bartels
Kevin Elpers
Richard Bowman Jr.
David Mann
Kaleb Patrick
Garrett Donley
Bran Roberts
Thomas Lancaster
Rich Emmons
Trevor Allen
Brian Sanders
Jerry Newman
David Howerton
Shane McAlary
Leonardo Allen
Brad Dowdell
John Hollingsworth
Mark Burrow
Rex Reneau
Jim Paul Brown
Brode Ward
Dean Morris
Rick Reavouse
Ross Reeves
Ben Burrow
Curtis Ferrell
Neil Bailey
Joey Thompson
Justin Antenaman
Adam Roberts

Jason Christiansonalonie and 3 or 4 more are sending their moolah to get on the alternate list and we will turn over about 5 slots.

Ok Parrywinkle looking forward to another one of your infamous "guys, don't f__'n shoot any body okay!" safety speeches.

You Guys are a hoot!
Can't wait to get there and shoot some steel and the breeze with all of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dinosdeuce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to the match and meeting you guys. Heard a lot of good things about you guys.

Dino</div></div>

If its good, it can't be true.

I hear that BJ Bailey guy is a sand bagger on shooting sticks.

I was gonna call and ask why I didnt make the list. I was a little slow on the "Antena Man" comment. That's a good one.
Just a note though; if you make us shoot on or out of some kind of vehicle, I'll damn sure shoot your antenna off too!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shiredude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was gonna call and ask why I didnt make the list. I was a little slow on the "Antena Man" comment. That's a good one.
Just a note though; if you make us shoot on or out of some kind of vehicle, I'll damn sure shoot your antenna off too!!
</div></div>

He's not playing. No one hates AM/FM radio more than Shireman!

Hi-Fi must jack with his cool assed vibe or something.

Hey Matt:
If we stay in Woodward does that place us close to the range? Any suggestions as to where we might stay that is close would be helpful. You planning any trips this way?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dinosdeuce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to the match and meeting you guys. Heard a lot of good things about you guys.

Dino</div></div>

I hear that BJ Bailey guy is a sand bagger on shooting sticks. </div></div>

Nah..he's not a sandbagger....he is a bad a$$ and knows it!! LOL

Tom,

Looking forward to seeing you again my friend. REALLY ENJOYED shooting w/you at Steel Safari a few years ago. Maybe we will draw out w/each other again and some of your CO luck will rub off on me again!!

Oh...forgot...

Tom,
Woodward is as close as you will get. That is where most of us will be staying. Matt can correct me if I'm wrong but I think we will be about 30 min from the range. If you stay there, let's go have a steak at JB's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dinosdeuce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to the match and meeting you guys. Heard a lot of good things about you guys.

Dino</div></div>

I hear that BJ Bailey guy is a sand bagger on shooting sticks. </div></div>

Nah..he's not a sandbagger....he is a bad a$$ and knows it!! LOL

</div></div>

6dd5669e.jpg

J.B.'s does have a bad ass steak and woodward has been the best bet so far. Right now we are working with a hunting lodge that will be about 5 miles from the range. It looks like they will be able to put up about 12 match shooters at $50.00 or house and feed them a evening meal (I'll bet it will be steak) for $75.00 a head and is really nice. Will have the finals on this in a week if you can hang on a little.

I was kind of hoping B.J. would bring that motor home of his so Cousin Eddy would have a good place to take his mornin' constitution.

I'd like to be on the list for a spot at the lodge if any are avaialble or unspoken for.

B.J.

Thanks for the info. The steak sounds like a great plan. We will be staying in Woodward. I'm looking for some of that good Oklahoma hospitality with a bunch of good people and really fine shooters.
Best to all
Tom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were layin' for ya. </div></div>

You better keep an eye on Matt, or he'll be Layin on ya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthompson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were layin' for ya. </div></div>

You better keep an eye on Matt, or he'll be Layin on ya </div></div>

No he won't. Eddie won't allow him to lie on any other man.

Sorry it took so long.

Bring 150 that will give you a few extra even if you have a bad day and shoot several times at some targets. And leave you with a left over one for a first place tie breaker.

And anyone who would like to stay near the range

huntrawhidecreek.com

Is the address to the hunting lodge that is just down the road from the range. Rickey Squires is the mans name that owns it and is a nice guy to talk to. He will book you stay for $50 a night (He said he can take on about 12 so get your slot early) and will cook the evening meal so you do not have to worry about it for and extra $25. I'm sure in these parts it would be steak but you can ask him to be sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry it took so long.

Bring 150 that will give you a few extra even if you have a bad day and shoot several times at some targets. And leave you with a left over one for a first place tie breaker.
</div></div>

I'm not gonna need that. It's not going to be that close.

Sounding kinda confident. Don't forget to bring your calcutta money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And anyone who would like to stay near the range

huntrawhidecreek.com

Is the address to the hunting lodge that is just down the road from the range. Rickey Squires is the mans name that owns it and is a nice guy to talk to. He will book you stay for $50 a night (He said he can take on about 12 so get your slot early) and will cook the evening meal so you do not have to worry about it for and extra $25. I'm sure in these parts it would be steak but you can ask him to be sure.</div></div>

Nice thanks,
Now Rick can add me to his bonafide guest.

Anytime.. Make sure you let him know if you are planning on staying there and if you want to eat so he can plan on it.

And you fellows need to get some plans for dividing up the prize moolah it does belong to the shooters and we will split it up as far down as you guys want. Should be around 7 to 8 thousand in there.