• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Oct 25th Treadproof in TN, Sniper's Hide with Marc Taylor

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Marc and I will be in Tennessee just outside Franklin for our Treadproof Masterclass Oct 25th thru 27th.

Registration is live

We are taking the Alaska Precision Rifle Course on the road and will be hosting our first joint class in the Lower 48 this fall.

Treadproof in Tennessee will be hosting our course

WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN US FOR A VERY SPECIAL TRAINING EVENT!
    Frank Galli (Sniper’s Hide) & Marc Taylor (Alaska Precision Rifle) bring their expert instruction and wealth of knowledge to the Treadproof Academy long range for a once in a lifetime weekend event. We at Treadproof are honored to host Mr. Galli and Mr. Taylor and are beyond excited to offer a weekend of training and education in partnership with them. The three-day course of instruction will cover a wide expanse of fundamental rifle skills as well as advanced considerations. It will also incorporate a Terminal Ballistics lecture from national ballistics expert Dr. Paul K. Maurer, this extensive classroom lecture will cover many principles of projectile science as well as advanced considerations on ballistics and load/system development.

THIS COURSE PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• 3 days of live-fire training on the range and instructional lectures w/ Frank Galli, Marc Taylor and the Treadproof Team (course description below)
    • Free Treadproof Membership ($25.00 value)
    • All-inclusive catered box lunches from our friends at Pinewood Kitchen
    • Additional benefits and bonuses!

Don't miss out, this is an experience unlike any other training out there.

Marc and I will be in Tennessee just outside Franklin for our Treadproof Masterclass Oct 25th thru 27th. Registration is live We are taking the Alaska Precision Rifle Course on the road and will be hosting our first joint class in the Lower 48 this fall. Treadproof in Tennessee will be hosting our course WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN US FOR A VERY SPECIAL TRAINING EVENT! Frank Galli (Sniper’s Hide) & Marc Taylor (Alaska Precision Rifle) bring their expert instruction and wealth of knowledge to the Treadproof Academy long range for a once in a lifetime weekend event. We at Treadproof are honored to host Mr. Galli and Mr. Taylor and are beyond excited to offer a weekend of training and education in partnership with them. The three-day course of instruction will cover a wide expanse of fundamental rifle skills as well as advanced considerations. It will also incorporate a Terminal Ballistics lecture from national ballistics expert Dr. Paul K. Maurer, this extensive classroom lecture will cover many principles of projectile science as well as advanced considerations on ballistics and load/system development. THIS COURSE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
    • 3 days of live-fire training on the range and instructional lectures w/ Frank Galli, Marc Taylor and the Treadproof Team (course description below)
    • Free Treadproof Membership ($25.00 value)
    • All-inclusive catered box lunches from our friends at Pinewood Kitchen
    • Additional benefits and bonuses!
    Don't miss out, this is an experience unlike any other training out there.

Just registered - looking forward to it.

Reactions: Enough Said
    It will be a grand time. My wife and I enjoyed the July class with Frank at Treadproof. Great people and a great facility.

After taking class this weekend, it’s very hard to express how great it was. The total experience was amazing. I’ll attempt to summarize my experience.

The night prior to class, Everyone met for dinner at a local restaurant. Being the last to arrive, as my wife’s super power to to make me a few minutes late wherever we go, we found the group and shared introductions, good food and drink, and great conversations. Marc and Frank are good guys. Exactly what i expected and more. Students were from all over the US. We had students that traveled all the way from Alaska, Florida, PA, NY (not the city), DC area, Illinois, North Carolina and Tennessee. I hope I didn’t forget anyone.

I arrived at the Treadproof facility about 15 minutes prior to Frank, Marc and the other students. I pulled in at the same time as Dr. Maurer and his family. From the minute I got out of the car, Dr Maurer, his wife, his sons Brett and Todd, Todd’s wife and their new puppy treated my wife and I like we were long lost family members. The flood of hospitality was off the charts.

Day 1 was Safety brief first thing. Classroom time and fundamental evaluations. Equipment zero and shooter zero, plus a scope tracking game. Followed by more classroom time. Then back to dinner with the crew for more fun and some great Joe P.P. Stories. Plus a surprise guest appearance from Marc’s mom.

Day 2 was mostly spent in the classroom due to the hurricane-like storm that came thru. Scope tracking test and rezero prior to heading in to class. Dr Maurer gave his talk on Terminal Ballistics, which was very enlightening. Even when the power went out, we sat in the dark and asked that he continue. Power came back in about an hour and we finished up class. Then back to dinner with everyone. Most everyone turned in early, yet Frank, myself, my wife and Jared closed down the place. Thanks Ashlee ☠ for being a cool server.

Day 3 was all range time. Let the pew pew commence! Rock solid fundamentals, coupled with Weaponized Math and Frank and Marc’s instruction created first round hits for us out to the hidden targets at 700 yards. We took that dope and ran the guns on tripods, too. We were instructed on the techniques of using a tripod and were given the opportunity to try our hand at them, to whatever distances we wanted. Closed the day in the classroom for certs and good byes.

The class, by itself was great. Getting individual instruction from Frank and Marc is an opportunity in itself. Add what’s provided to us on the Hide and it makes their job easier. And the shooting experience better, as the foundations for success are mostly in place and just require a little tweaking here and there. But when you add in the post-class interactions, the entire experience becomes indescribable. If Frank called and said that the class was meeting up just to hang out and bullshit, I’d hop in the car and make the 13 hour drive in a blink of an eye.

In closing, I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to Frank, Marc, the entire Maurer family for providing my wife and I with an experience we would easily do again, without hesitation. And thanks to Casey, Jared and Jamie for transporting my gear and my ass around the facility, spotting for me when Marc, Frank and Brett were working with guys down the line, and just being awesome guys in general. This community is amazing.

Thanks again to everyone.

PS: No tattoos, regardless of how enabling you guys were. ?
    PSS: Adam, sorry again for the rainwater incident. I’m sure your scope will dry out. ??‍♂️

DBF8ECB1-718B-4EAC-B2AA-F1F0D17D30ED.jpeg

Last edited:
    @Spblademaker sums it up well. You and your wife were awesome to hang out with and it was a lot of fun pushing you two all the way out to 650 off the tripod at the end of the weekend. Everything about the weekend was great from the instruction, to the classroom setting,and the conversation after. I had a blast hanging with everyone and learning along the way. No matter how experienced you are having Marc and Frank hovering over you focusing on your fundamentals, you will learn where your weak spots are. Shooting PRS had me forgetting follow thru and slapping at the trigger. They called me out on it early and my groups got smaller and smaller as the weekend went on. I look forward to any opportunity to spend some time with everyone again and have another positive learning experience.

Long overdue post here.

Weekend was a blast. The weather sucked but i loved every minute of it. the treadproof gang were awesome and the facility is great and will only get better. Looking forward to the Altus follow up.

My advice to everyone is come prepared but don’t bring a ton of crap. I made the mistake of not only bringing a ton of crap but i also brought a rifle that i literally just finished putting together a week prior. It was a gasser and gave me a run for my money testing the fundamentals (recoil on the gas guns make you want to slap that trigger). But it came into its own when i did what i was supposed to. Again, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the weekend. I learned a ton when the Doc talked and i always learn something new when i take a class. Mark was fun to have on the line and didn’t let you get away with anything. If you have soft skin I’d suggest going somewhere else ???

Biggest takeaways

1. I’m a fat ass and need to drop a few
    2. Rear bags are important
    3. Quality support gear is essential
    4. Being organized is critical.

The range from the platform

CA88D4F3-498C-40E3-904D-F5E14B0279BF.jpeg

Last edited:
    It was a great weekend, and a fantastic class. Well worth the time and money. I hope to do it again sometime. Frank and Mark have big plans to expand their training to the lower 48, and I really think its going to be a hit. Treadproof has a nice facility here.

Reactions: Ruggedtouch
    Thank you folks above for sharing your experiences. Hoping to make the Treadproof trek when Frank and Mark set spring dates.

We have new dates for 2020

Looking at these for pending dates

BLOCKED DATES FOR YOUR COURSES (pending your review/approval)
    • MARCH 13-15 PR104C (Standard Open Enrollment)
    • **APRIL 17-19 NRA EXPO NASHVILLE!!!**
    • APRIL 20-22 PR104C (Standard Open Enrollment)
    • APRIL 24-25 PR105L (LEO/MIL Restricted)
    • AUGUST 21-23 PR104C (Standard Open Enrollment)
    • OCTOBER 20-21 PR105L (LEO/MIL Restricted)
    • OCTOBER 23-25 PR104C (Standard Open Enrollment)

The LE stuff is tentative right now

@lowlight are there anymore of these classes coming up next year? The wife and myself are wanting to attend we are located in Ms. Hopefully it can be before it becomes and oven down here in May.

We will also be teaching at Altus in Baker FLA which is close

We should be mirroring many of these classes I just posted with an Atlus Class
    Okay great!! We are located in Laurel, Ms so Baker would actually be a shorter drive. Thanks

Okay great!! We are located in Laurel, Ms so Baker would actually be a shorter drive. Thanks
    Get on the Natchez Trace at Jackson and it will dump you within 10 miles of the range 6 hours later. LOL Treadproof is already booking and will fill soon. Thanks for your interest, bud. Look forward to shooting with you soon.
    Taylor

Reactions: c.blackwell1
    Get on the Natchez Trace at Jackson and it will dump you within 10 miles of the range 6 hours later. LOL Treadproof is already booking and will fill soon. Thanks for your interest, bud. Look forward to shooting with you soon.
    Taylor

Thats not to bad of a drive and it’s better looking country than the flat lands in Baker. Looking forward to it as well brother!

@lowlight

Can you tell me what the Nashville airport is like when traveling with a firearm. Never been there with a rifle. I know the score in Boston and Rhode Island airports where I live but not Nashville

I am trying to decide between August and October. I like the thought of fall down there. August seems kind of hot and muggy

Nashville sucks in my Opinion

I fly United and in Nashville there is no TSA check, you just hand the rifle over to United and if they need you, they contact you later at the gate. Which is a hassle you have to listen for them. Then I had to turn over my key to the Gate Agent, the second time I just did TSA Locks

However the guys from ALASKA had an issue with Delta denying them their rifle because they said the case was not approved. They flew on the same airline from AK but in TN is didn't meet standard

Anymore the airlines want to make it hard, so you need the right case, options in locks and plenty of time to deal with adjustments on the fly

We are probably switching to a different case, the Pelicans are fine, but locks are becoming the issue, with a Pelican you need one for every slot. With the bar locked aluminum cases it's one and the slide metal rod shut the airline down pretty fast

I fly United and in Nashville there is no TSA check, you just hand the rifle over to United and if they need you, they contact you later at the gate. Which is a hassle you have to listen for them. Then I had to turn over my key to the Gate Agent, the second time I just did TSA Locks

However the guys from ALASKA had an issue with Delta denying them their rifle because they said the case was not approved. They flew on the same airline from AK but in TN is didn't meet standard

Anymore the airlines want to make it hard, so you need the right case, options in locks and plenty of time to deal with adjustments on the fly

We are probably switching to a different case, the Pelicans are fine, but locks are becoming the issue, with a Pelican you need one for every slot. With the bar locked aluminum cases it's one and the slide metal rod shut the airline down pretty fast

Thank you very much. I fly JetBlue and I am a valued customer as I fly over 125,000 miles per year with them. I will call them

I have never seen one of the aluminum cases you speak of. Can you provide me a company that offers this type of product?

Thanks in advance

VISIT SOMARRIBA.COM. THEY ARE IN FLORIDA. YOU WANT THE ICC KK 21-RIFLE CASE WITH WHEELS. SUPER HEAVY DUTY AND CANNOT BE FAILED BY TSA OR ANY AIRLINE. $340 PLUS SHIPPING

I JUST MADE THE SWITCH AND THERE IS NO LOOKING BACK. EXTREMELY WELL DONE.
    - TAYLOR

Last edited:
    Reactions: deersniper

What case are you now reccomending?

With something like a DT or Ai would it be recommended to put bolt barrel and scope in another checked bag?