• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OCW Targets for download

Hi SICARIO. Love the targets. Any chance of rotating the squares in the mrad ver3 target 45 degrees so they look like diamonds? Thanks!

Hey guys. I'm getting ready to do some OCW Load development, and I made up some 11x17 and 8.5x11 targets. I figured I'd put them up here if anyone wants to use them for their own load development.

mRad Targets are in this post

MOA targets are in post #4

Enjoy

I accept your challenge and submit the following in response......:rolleyes:

"You're a good man Charlie Brown". Thanks for the TMOA scaling. I appreciate both your work and your taking my comment as it was intended.

Thanks again.

Just out of curiosity, what paper weights and types have been found more suitable than the standard 20# bond paper used in most printers. I'm thinking of having STAPLES run off a hundred targets and would like something that leaves a round hole rather than something more like what you see when a "sabot round" goes through an armored vehicle.

What have others used when printing their own targets. The "pulp paper" used on commercial targets is hard to find and doesn't work worth a darn in a printer. How about light card stock?

I've used light card stock and it's better but not the same as true target paper. IIRC it's 40# stock.
I have STAPLES print mine out.

Thanks for the "diamond" shape, SICARIO - for some reason I shoot tighter groups with that shape than with a square of the same size. Probably related to the horizontal and vertical reference "points" of the diamond---

Regarding the paper, has anyone taken a regular target to Staples/Kinco and see what they recommend as a close duplicate?

Thanks for the "diamond" shape, SICARIO - for some reason I shoot tighter groups with that shape than with a square of the same size. Probably related to the horizontal and vertical reference "points" of the diamond---

Regarding the paper, has anyone taken a regular target to Staples/Kinco and see what they recommend as a close duplicate?

I'm getting ready to order 100 targets printed by Staples. 11X17 on a 68# paper which should resist the "tearing" that regular copy paper is prone to. Cost for a delivered order is $48 or $0.48 per target. Local range sells their targets for $0.50.

I just talked to a fellow shooter yesterday and he says "gluing" the regular printed targets to a large pulp paper target like most ranges sell gives more defined holes.

BTW, would it be possible to have the target squares in the MOA target (11X17) rotated so they're diamonds also?

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to order 100 targets printed by Staples. 11X17 on a 68# paper which should resist the "tearing" that regular copy paper is prone to. Cost for a delivered order is $48 or $0.48 per target. Local range sells their targets for $0.50.

I just talked to a fellow shooter yesterday and he says "gluing" the regular printed targets to a large pulp paper target like most ranges sell gives more defined holes.

BTW, would it be possible to have the target squares in the MOA target (11X17) rotated so they're diamonds also?

You want the tru MOA (0.533 squares), or the Shooters MOA (0.5" squares)?

Perfect timing. Going out to do my second stage of load development on my .308 this weekend. Thanks!

Hi Sicario:

Great targets! Would it be possible to rotate the OCW_TARGET_11x17_GRID_mRad (small squares) like you did the larger rev 3 to have a small diamond aiming point.

Thanks,

Dave

Sicario,

Great targets. A dozen of them printed up at Staples on card stock was $4.80.

Shot one last night, shooting another tonight. Hope to post this evening in the reloading section for help "reading" my OCW results.