• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odd primer problem and intermittent ejector marks

Averaged 10 of them at 1.320

Did you keep the fucked up cases? Could you test their water capacity vs those that did not show the same pressure signs? I suspect they might have had less capacity despite weighing the same. I once tested weight sorted Lapua and they were almost a full grain of water apart within the same +/-.5gr batch.

Anyone that uses win primers and thinks there is no problem with them with eventually get burnt. Their primers suck. They fit loose in primer pockets compared to federal,cci and others. I know this for fact as I have seated win primers in once fired lapua brass and they seated loosely and easily popped backed out while federal primers seated tightly.

Anyone that uses win primers and thinks there is no problem with them with eventually get burnt. Their primers suck. They fit loose in primer pockets compared to federal,cci and others. I know this for fact as I have seated win primers in once fired lapua brass and they seated loosely and easily popped backed out while federal primers seated tightly.

Yes. You're correct. But in some areas they are all that you can get. I haven't had any issues with them at 50,000 PSI.

Fucking winchester primers they gave me a whole $20 for the damage done to my bolt. I will never use win primers again. Bolt had less than 100 rounds on it I would like to shove it up their ass.
Well that's screwed up. Seems like theres got to be something we as a shooting community can do about this since its such a widespread problem. Theyre knowingly sending out a product that is ruining peoples guns. Its too bad my blackout loves their SR primers so well but once the 10K or so of them are gone I will not be buying from them again either. That's complete horseshit that this is such a widespread problem and theyre apparently doing nothing about it.

When did you have your problem with their primers?
Did you keep the fucked up cases? Could you test their water capacity vs those that did not show the same pressure signs? I suspect they might have had less capacity despite weighing the same. I once tested weight sorted Lapua and they were almost a full grain of water apart within the same +/-.5gr batch.
Yep, still got em. Need to deprime and swage them anyway. How accurate do you think the capacity will be with them not cleaned? I stainless tumble and Im afraid the media might erase the ejector marks. On my 458 socom brass I almost always get ejector marks in the soft starline brass and it disappears with tumbling.

3k per gr, that's crazy. Ive been dragging ass on buying QL, looks like I need to quit screwing around.

People load and shoot these cases by the million without testing the capacity of each case and all over the internet the problem seems to be winchester primers. I can show you several cases that look exactly like the op cases.

QUOTE=918v;3027729]Did you keep the fucked up cases? Could you test their water capacity vs those that did not show the same pressure signs? I suspect they might have had less capacity despite weighing the same. I once tested weight sorted Lapua and they were almost a full grain of water apart within the same +/-.5gr batch.[/QUOTE]

I took the ones I had left over and returned to my gunshop for a trade on others I will never use another win primer. Its not worth damaging my eyes or a $5000 rifle. I shoot will glasses know because of winchester.

People load and shoot these cases by the million without testing the capacity of each case and all over the internet the problem seems to be winchester primers. I can show you several cases that look exactly like the op cases.

Does Winchester factory ammo leak like that?

Some of my 300blk loads are pretty dang hot and Ive never had a problem with them in the almost 4k worth of them Ive shot. I will not be using the remainder of my LR stash. Im interested to see what Winchester says when I contact them Monday. Fortunately I bought the primers at Cabelas so maybe they can do something for me.

Yep, still got em. Need to deprime and swage them anyway. How accurate do you think the capacity will be with them not cleaned? I stainless tumble and Im afraid the media might erase the ejector marks. On my 458 socom brass I almost always get ejector marks in the soft starline brass and it disappears with tumbling.

It will be accurate enough, The film of carbon that's in there is nothing.

I wouldn't use those cases again. That jet of gas prolly cut a groove in the primer pocket and now they will leak no matter what primer you use.

No, they only seem to leak like that when you push them to the upper end where all the other typical primers do just fine. If my load in fact is at 60K Im still below the 62K max SAAMI chamber pressure. I shot the remaining 35 today out of the batch I had problems with, with almost all 15 last time. Only one had a bad ejector mark after I changed to the muzzle brake.

I wouldn't use those cases again. That jet of gas prolly cut a groove in the primer pocket and now they will leak no matter what primer you use.
Oh Im not using any of the ones that show any signs of leakage past the primer. When I decap and swage them Ill be inspecting them individually. After I get you whatever other info you want the leaky ones will be going into my junk brass bin. Ill get those measurements for you tomorrow. Its midnight here in Texas and Im heading back to the range at 8am to stretch the legs on the 308 at the 1000yd line now that its running good and finish load development on my 300WM. 5mph winds and 55-75*s makes for some good shooting weather :)

I wouldnt know I wouldnt shoot the shit if they were giving it out free. Your fighting a losing battle here if win is giving people money they obvisouly know theres a problem. I even sent them loaded rounds which they had no comment on. My loads were way under max.

I wouldnt know I wouldnt shoot the shit if they were giving it out free. Your fighting a losing battle here if win is giving people money they obvisouly know theres a problem. I even sent them loaded rounds which they had no comment on. My loads were way under max.

My name is 918v, not Winchester. I'm not trying to convince you Winchester primers are good. I happen to agree with you. What was the load that leaked? It was under max, but what was it?

Jacked up case is about 58gr, most of my cases are 57ishgr(measured 5). I put another 120 rounds down range between yesterday and today with no problems. Ive bumped the charge back up to 44gr as it seems to be more consistent. Loaded some 44.2 to try and most of them shot well, did have one ejector mark. It seems the 43.8-44.2 range with this brass is pretty accurate and not dangerous.

Ive shot about 150 of the federal primers now with no problems and they seat tighter in the pockets to boot. My SDs are lower as well. 43.8 and 44 had SDs of 8, and 44.2 had an SD of 3! Both 43.8 and 44 had an ES of 21 and 44.2 had an ES of 9. Id really love to use the 44.2 load but I think its on the edge of starting to get hot and I only gained 9fps over 44 which puts me right in the middle of an OCW. Now to figure out what my smith is going to do about straightening out muzzle threads he screwed up.