• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV 200yd F-Class Results (July 4th/5th)

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Here are the results for our 2 day Holiday match at Odessa...

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-T/R </span>

USSR (308Win) 188-13V

Curt (308Win) 187-15V

PVI Sr. (308Win) 187-8V

Kasumi (308Win) 186-11V

Rero360 (308Win) 182-11V

Al W. (223Rem) 181-4V

K. Mussack (308Win) 170-10V

PVI Jr. "Homer" Incomplete...scope issue.

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-Open </span>

STP (6BRX) 197-19V

Woody (300Win..."Thumper") 192-17V

JDA Sr. (6BRX) 187-13V

D. Morris (260Rem) 174-8V

Jade M. (223Rem) 168-6V

We had 9 guns on Saturday and 4 more today. Who would thought that more would show on the Fourth as opposed to today.
crazy.gif

Saturday we had a somewhat constant "stiff" breezes out of the north/northwest. Today was the ideal day...very calm compared to yesterday.

Kasumi: Upon further review... <span style="font-style: italic">you did get three in one hole afterall </span>!!
We enjoyed a new shooter today, Jade M. She`s 13 years old. PVI Jr. has spent some time with her teaching her to shoot. We got together a few weeks ago and had her shoot my Savage A5 in 223Rem on our club steel gongs out to 250yds. She went 20 for 20 that day, so we prepared her to shoot with us today. To make things a bit easier, I had her shoot off a front rest and a rear bag. I showed her how to adjust the Hart front pedestal rest and she picked that up up quickly. So I spotted and coached her thru the match. Note her score above. She did have a couple of "oops" shots, but she did a great job as far as I`m concerned.

Thanks to all that came both days!

Regards,

Scott

Re: Odessa FV 200yd F-Class Results (July 4th/5th)

I had a great time, I think with a rear bag I could have shot a few more Vs lol. The GF enjoyed herself as well, I think everyone helped put the whole sport in a good light to her, I think she wants to get behind a gun eventually, I'm letting her decide when the time is right.

I was nervous at first as I had an oil spill earlier in the week that required me to remove the action from the stock to sop up the spill and I wasn't able to get out to test fire the rifle before the match to check my zero. As it was I was only about 3 inches high and 2 inches to the left, an easy adjustment to make with my sighters.

I'm looking forward to really tweak the load I'm working on and I think next time with a rear bag I'll be able to get another 10 points or better.

I`d be delighted to have the Savage A5 223Rem ready for Amber to shoot at a future match. If you can get her behind a rimfire rifle to get some of the basics down, then she could easily progress to the 223Rem. I`d be happy to "coach" her during one of our matches as I did today with Jade...

I`ve said this before and I`ll say it again...the ladies pick the fundamentals faster than the guys do, mostly because they apply what they are told to do much faster. Ya know??

It`s similar to figuring out that bi-pod/rear bag height thing prior to starting sighters. Much less fiddlin` about with the rear bag to make up the difference to be on target. Our friends from Rochester may chime in and agree with this.
whistle.gif

Thanks again for making the trip to shoot with us. Also, it was nice to meet Amber. I think she understood my comment about the match being "as much fun as watching paint dry"...
wink.gif

That was meant to encourage her to actually consider participating too.

Thanks,

Scott

Congrats all, especially Scotty with his excellent score.

As 1PM rolled around today (Sunday) I was moving along in my Daughter's car line on the neighboring hill, getting in to tailgate for the Indy Race at The Glen.

I was limited by car issues, so I had to tag along with family and adhere to their agenda this W/E which, believe me, was no hardship.

I was absolutely stoked holding my month-old Granddaughter Kayce Anne as she viewed her first IRL race, wearing the cutest little pair of baby sized pink Peltor ear protectors. I have a feeling they will get a lot of use, and maybe, just maybe, might get some usage at the range, too.

See you all next time.

Greg

The match was a great time, thanks Scott for running it.

I had met a few of the folks in passing at other matches elsewhere, in the past. Getting to know some of you better was as much fun as the trigger time. I will be sure to mark my schedule in the future for these.

Curt

"Kasumi: Upon further review... you did get three in one hole afterall !! "

I know what you're thinking Scott, did he fire 9 or 10 on that string? to tell you the truth in all that excitement I kinda forgot myself. But you gotta ask yourself........

Kidding aside it was a great match, winds were 5-15mph that day. I think the Odessa match will grow this summer as it is a fun match and very challenging.

After the match a couple steel targets were set up for some extra trigger time, a M1 Garand and a K31 hit the line to bang steel. I can see a longer day in the future, hell lets set up a BBQ spend the whole damn day. Thanks Scott, congrats on some good shooting.

For purposes of keeping track, I use a 50rd plastic cartridge holder, really just an insert from a .45ACP ammo package, and replace each fired case as I take the next round.

Keeping count is thereby made easier.

Greg

I believe the proper term is "Zounds!".

the first number is the number of points the person scored, in this case it is out of 200 points and the 6v is the number of bullseyes the person got. The bullseye, or V, is worth 5 points as is the next outer ring, followed by a ring worth 4 points and then one that is worth 3. For this particular match we shoot two relays of 20 rounds, ten rounds per target, thus the max one can get per target is 50 points for a total of 200 points. If I'm not mistaken the Vs are used when two people shoot the same score, the one who has more Vs will place higher.

Nice shooting Scott!!! Last time I had <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> look on my face, it was some place other than the firing line.
smile.gif

Don

Inside the top scoring ring, a 10-ring on modern targets, a 5-ring on the old style we have adopted, is a half-size tiebreaker ring, with a value given in the Roman numerical value of the top scoring ring. Thus, if two placing scores are the same, the tiebreaker total is used. If the tiebreaker totals are identical, a shootoff can be used to determine a winner. We have yet to need a tiebreaker, but with the way John and Scotty are going, it's bound to happen eventually.

Greg

Re: Peru NY 300yds

STP/Greg; I just got an e-mail about a group in Peru NY doing a 300yd F-Class match. Woody is looking into it, not to far away from us, about an hour and half.

Our cars are both hurting right now. My brakes are pitiful and his exhaust is, well, exhausted... When is this thing going off?

V is similar to X count.

Basically the X or V ring is a smaller bullseye within the bull and only count for tie breakers as they both score the top point value on the target. Both are 5's on a target with a V, (or 10's on a target with an X ring)

a 185-7v will lose to a 185-9v count but...

185-7v beats a 184-9v with the higher V

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our cars are both hurting right now. My brakes are pitiful and his exhaust is, well, exhausted... When is this thing going off? </div></div>

Too fast for me, this Sunday is a scheduled match, I expect there are more to come. Sign in 8am start 9pm. I little early for those traveling.

Rero,

The "V" ring (X ring) is one inch in diameter.

The 5 ring is 2 inches.

The 4 ring is 4 inches.

The 3 ring is 6 inches.

Lastly, the <span style="font-style: italic">oopsie </span> area is roughly 7.5 by nearly 10 inches.
whistle.gif

Scott

I think Woody may be mistaken, it looks to me after a Google search that Peru is near the top of NYS near Plattsburgh. That's a good 6 hour drive at least. maybe he thought Prattsburgh which is close to us off 390.

BTW, the <span style="font-style: italic">oopsie</span> area has a value of 2 points.

Plattsburg/Prattsburg is a serious difference for us folks here in the Dundee/Watkins Glen vicinity. I was wondering about Peru, is it sounded alien enough to possibly be outside my personal realm.

Acording to mapquest there is two Perus in NY, one in between Auburn and Syracuse and the other way up past Watertown.

The Peru, NY in question is 220 miles ENE of me as the crow flies. (Just off I87 SSW of Plattsburgh, NY)

I might go there once (fly) for the heck of it, but it's too far to make it a habit.

Here is the schedule and format for Peru NY, and an email address if you would like more information. The guys name is Mikeaka taildrag15x over on 6mmbr

For all interested, a 300 yd. walk and paste F-Class match will be held at the Peru Rod and Gun Club on July, 13th.
5 sighters, 3-15 round strings. NRA Reg. Match, $15.00 entry. Reg. @ 9am Start @ 10am.
Matches are on the second Sunday of each month, May-Oct. For more info or directions contact: [email protected]

Never been but it seems like a good time. Last outing had 24 on the line.

Trevor