• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Off the shelf bolt gun

The Tikka trigger is tits. Play with the adjustment. I'm not all the way in, just too light for my tastes. I'd say the 2nd stage on mine it right at 1.5lbs and a total of 3-3.5 lbs. The Tikka trigger is one reason to choose it over other, similar quality rifles. But, it is a subjective taste and may not be for everyone.

Reactions: matchbook454
+1 Tikka T3X TAC A1
I believe both rifles will suit your needs.
But for the extra $, the Tikka T3X TAC A1 is solid.

Pros
2 stage trigger (originally not a fan....it grew on me)
Tolerances and quality you can see and feel
Reliable-sub 0.50 MOA consistency

Cons
0 MOA rail
Metal to metal contact when stock is folded
Muzzle brake is sized for 338

I would definitely work out a trade if someone wants a single stage trigger instead of their two stage !
As of right now my single stage has exactly zero rounds fired, after this weekend there may be 40 to 50 rounds fired

I would agree and go with Tikka. It has a nice crisp break and is the bolt feels even smoother than my Sako 85 Bavarian.

Reactions: rymart
It was mentioned earlier but a Howa 1500 Bravo would be a solid choice, less expensive too. If Cabelas has one it'd be worth handling as another option.

I had a Tikka T3X CTR in a MPA BA chassis (Great Gun) but money saved with a less expensive rifle could be used towards a better optic which I would rate higher on the priority list (unless you were already planning on going up to the full $2k) or the money saved could also be spent on additional ammo, peripheral equipment, gear, or even some training.

The rifles mentioned/discussed so far will probably NOT be the limiting factor for performance. Meaning they would all fit the bill.

Just something to ponder

i would have to say look at the tikka trs-1 in 260 rem if your a reloader. I have shot all of them and own tsr-1,rpr. the tikka with the mcree g-10 chassis feels better to me than the tac-a1

The trigger on the Bergara is good out of the box. Tikka mags cost is outrageous. I have two buddies now that shoot Tikkas, one can't get his groups sub-moa, the other's trigger has way more creep than my Bergara. I know there are a lot of Tikka fans here. I have heard lots of great things about them. I even like the looks and the action is on par with the Bergara but what I've seen on the range at least in my circle of friends makes me appreciate my Bergara; but then again isn't it wonderful we live in a country where we still have a choice and everyone can decide for himself.