• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Official 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup

Re: Official 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup

I'd like to thank the competitors for helping the match run safely and smoothly; the RO's for their invaluable help; the landowner Travis and Nomad LR (Justin) for hosting us. Also AA Targets (Austin Angus) for the targetry we used. Ray and Justin put in a lot of physical labor helping me place targets for this match.

It was really a pleasure to be able to meet so many of you from around the country.

It was also a pleasure to work with Frank and SnipersHide on this event. From my perspective we ran a lot of shooters through a lot of stages with a lot of unique target engagements (and no artificial round-count inflation), and did it ahead of schedule. I look forward to what we can accomplish in the future.

FINAL SCORES
http://competition-dynamics.com/snipershide-cup-2012/shcscores2012.pdf

Final count: 15 stages. 135 separate unique rifle engagements (20 of those first round only). Max possible rifle shots 250. 30 pistol targets. Total possible points 150. No rifle paper, no KD, no square range.

Anyone who scored over 100 performed exceptionally and over 75 is really damn good.

I'll be posting photos shortly..

Yeah it turns out .308 is not that great of a long-range cartridge. Also, it is typically a "starter" cartridge for relatively new long-range shooters so it skews the results since most experienced competitors shoot something better.

Wow guys... DFL. Well, I am at home with my leg up staring at my purple foot and swollen leg and feeling sorry for myself, but I still had fun...

1st of all, thanks to the Wills family for hosting us, Justin for finding the spot, Frank and the TBAC/CD crew for organizing this and the train up and to our special team sponsor Bruno.... I think we freaked out a few of the subway patrons when we were shopping the back of his rental car...

I would probably come back next year only if I was in better shape, so its something to work towards. I also would chose a different caliber...

Special thanks to the RO's, thanks for your time.

I had to walk so much today around the airport and the parking lot.... FUN!!!!

Zak,

Is there a way I can get some of the photos you took at the cup? Looks like you have them pretty locked down.

The shoot was awesome!! Big thanks to Frank, Zak, Ray and all the the others who put out a lot of sweat and hard effort into getting it all set up and running....some of those targets were in some really remote and rough terrain. Incredible place to have this shoot!

The 2012 SHC was an incredible shooting experience, that was made into an awesome event due to the efforts of many people.

I would like to thank the RO's...They maintained order and kept the stages running smoothly with very little down time. They were detailed in their stage explanations and all of them acted in a professional manner. My hat is off to them all, I know many would rather have been shooting, but instead they volunteered their time to sit in the sun and provide the rest of us a fantastic experience.

Thanks to Zak, Ray, Frank, Justin, Travis and the rest of the organizational group for a well organized, smoothly run, and challenging event. The location is great and offers tremendous opportunities for the future. I am looking forward to your future events and will return.

The sponsors of the event were fantastic. A big Thank You to AA Targets for a solid target system(of which I didn't see a single one go down) to Mile High Shooting for the event shirts. The prize table was impressive to see and I can't thank the companies and individuals representing them enough for their support. I have and will continue to support these sponsors.

Looking forward to the next go...

Eric

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what was the winning caliber and rifle setup? </div></div>

He was shooting a Surgeon Scalpel Chambered in 6x47 Lapua in a McMillan A-5.

Dustin

This was one hell of a match.

Lots of shooting outside of my comfort zone. I need to shoot in the wind more thats for sure.

The Sponsors were very generous. The prize table was full of good stuff.

Special thanks to the Wills Ranch, Justin, CD and Frank for putting this all together. I had a great time.

See you next year.

I'll have to agree with others that this Frank, Zack and Crew put on an extremely will run proffesional AND SAFE match.

As to location......let just say I live in Wyoming, great place to shoot. However it's not that many ranchers who would turn their ranch over to a 100 or so shooters for such an event. They deserve my thanks.

Along those lines from what I've seen the shooters went out of their way not to disturb the range, policing after themselves. Puts us shooters in a good light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what was the winning caliber and rifle setup?</div></div>

Folks it's the Indian, not the Arrow.

I was one of the ROs, which means I got to see every shooter come though my station. Some shot "X" rifle/caliber well, some not quite as well. Within reason, I think the winners would have done just as well if they had been using "Y" instead of "X" set up, I think it was preperation and confidence in their equipment.

What I did notice about this match, is that PRS is the same as high power, pistol, and other shooting venues in that the more experenced, better shooters, were the first to offer help and enchouragement to the newer, in-experienced shooters.

For those who didn't attend, I highly recommend attending matches run by Frank, Zack, and Crew, even if you can't compete for health or other reasons, attend as a range officer. You're going to have fun, learn something, and <span style="font-weight: bold">and meet some great people</span>.

The only hazzard I detected was over eating. That was a problem for me with the set up they had at the Headquarters Tent.

The advice I offer to shooters and range officers alike, cook the broc's slow, burnt on the outside and raw in the middle doesn't make for the best eating.

As a side note, I want to thank all the shooters for their safe gun handling, I've always been a stickler for safey with firearms, again, I saw nothing that gave me concerns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a way I can get some of the photos you took at the cup? Looks like you have them pretty locked down.</div></div>
You should be able to see everything including the large versions at the link http://demigodllc.com/photo/SNIPERSHIDE-CUP-2012/

The watermark is there just so they're not stolen and used for other purposes. If you need the non-watermark version of something just shoot me an email and we'll work it out.

I know Ray, Frank, and Jeff have a bunch of video and I assume we'll start to see those pretty soon

thanks everyone

Now as to my conduct as a range officer:

Any one reading my post on the SH know that I’m and old has been High Power Shooter. In high power I depended quite a bit on mirage.

On my point (D-3) there was quite a bit of wind switching the first day. As everyone who uses mirage knows, you don’t shoot in a boil, which we did have.

I issued an offhand, un-authorized hint by saying to a group of shooters, that I could tell if a shooter was going to miss or not if he/she shot in a boil.

That was meant as a hint, not that I based my calls on mirage instead of actual shooting. I didn’t base any of my calls on mirage, but on the shot.

If any misunderstood, then I apologize. I tried to be as fair as humanly possible, if there was any doubt in my mind as to whether a hit or miss, I always give the benefit of a doubt to the shooter.

My thanks go out to Zak, Ray, Frank, the Will Ranch owners, the RO's and all the other unsung heroes that helped put this match on. Great job!.

Frank was adamant that as many shooters as possible blast off a thank you to the sponsors, is there a master list of sponsor email addresses we can pull down?

I’d like to thank everyone involved with the SHC. It was a great experience for a novice like me, and I learned a lot from shooting with some of the better shooters, especially Hoser and Dorgan. Zak and Frank were really great, friendly guys as well as being super fair and helpful in all aspects of running the match. The RO volunteers put in a lot of hot time in the sun, so I hope they enjoyed it too. At first I thought adding pistol shooting was just too much, but those stages, especially A1, turned out to be the most fun of all, so thanks for that added twist.

I’d also like to thank all the many sponsors and the ranch for hosting us. Travis was especially nice to me. I was shocked to see all the great prizes when they were pulled out. Heck, just the SWAG was enough for me, but in 62nd place, my prize easily covered my entry fee. This match was very difficult from the shooting skills perspective and now I have at least ten things to practice for next year, when hopefully I’ll get into the SHC again.

The only suggestion I have is to hold the match a little later in the year when the temperature is down a bit. I like hot weather but I’m sure plenty of people, especially the RO’s, might appreciate it a bit cooler.

I think we had an unusually hot year. If I am reading the National Weather Service records correctly: The high temps on the match dates set the new high temperature record for Douglas. It's normally 10-20 degrees cooler this time of the year.

Just FYI, the original plan was to run it earlier in the year but with the venue change we didn't think we could have everything locked down in time.

Awesome match.. Thanks to Frank, Ray, Zak, RO's, and everyone else who helped put this on. The venue was/is pure rifle country and can't wait to shoot another match there.. Sponsors were very generous and the prize table was indeed epic...

Can't say enough about the guys shooting,, seen a lot of experienced shooters helping newer shooters out,,, shit, helping me out...

One thing that really sticks out is the competition dynamics guys asking shooters early on about what could be changed to make it even better.. Just proves that these guys want their matches to be the best for competitors....

2 hits back is haunting me and it just proves that every shot does count...

See ya at the next one
griz

Someone said you were planning on leaving the steel there and holding more events there during the year. Is that true? I would come up for sure.

I am getting everything sorted,

First off,

Thanks to the competitors for making it a fun safe match, I think George's photo here says it all

165871_10151068565542953_306591581_n.jpg

Congrats to Wade Stuteville, as I said to him, he and I have been here before:

WadeBarrett.jpg

Great Shooting to Wade and all the competitors.

I will get the official thank you post in the next 24 hours I am bringing in footage and images, but here are a couple ...

YeungD2.jpg

Kraig RO'ing D3 witnessing the Gimm-Meltdown first hand...
Gimmeltdown1.jpg

GimmeltdownKraig.jpg

Competition Dynamics really put on a helluva show here in Douglas, when you consider this was the first collaboration together I see BIG things on our combined futures.

Rayfrank.jpg

Stand By we have more too come ...

Hi,

Yes, stay tuned. Competition Dynamics will be running more events at the Douglas site in the future. Prior to every major match we'll reconfigure all the targets and stages of course.

Also, Justin will be running a monthly "Raton-style" match on his targets and stages - you saw some of them tipped over on A1-A3.

Wow, you guys look <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> serious in that photo.

One tidbit of trivia on scoring-- only 21 people shot the pistol stage (C1) without missing or walking past a pistol target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, you guys look <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> serious in that photo.

One tidbit of trivia on scoring-- only 21 people shot the pistol stage (C1) without missing or walking past a pistol target.</div></div>

I looked this was the closest picture of Ray I could find with a smile... He was "game on" the entire time.

Raysmile.jpg

I have you smiling but still nothing out of Ray, he's a Mountain Lion, only interested in the hunt and kill...
zaksmile.jpg

I would have guessed it even less honestly..... especially after the melt down I had when we ran it for fun. Seeing as I RO'd the coarse I was pretty disappointed in my performance, but it was still fun. It was a great stage that was very well planned.

I think going to this match might have made a monster out of me.... I need/have to get a rifle. Thanks to everyone for having us, it was a privilege to be there!

I'll be looking for the "Raton style" matches up there. If you stagger them with Raton, then we'll have an opportunity for two per month, relatively near to central Colorado.

Thank you to all the staff involved in puting together such a great match. I had an excellent time and met alot of great new people. I am really surprised how smooth we were able to transition through the stages so easily. I am already stoked for next year.

A big THANK YOU goes out to all the awesome sponsors. You guys are amazing and very generous. Everyone got something very nice off that loaded prize table.

Thanks Eric Williams

We posted a bunch of post match competitor videos on YouTube. You can get to them via our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/competitiondynamics While you there, "Like" Competition Dynamics.

Here is an example: <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wEDwJGEdZVM&feature=player_detailpage"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wEDwJGEdZVM&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Jeff

Wow, what a great event. Very challenging course of fire, great weather, fantastic location, great RO's and a very well run match. Met some really nice people.

Congrats the top 3 finishers. You definitely earned your points on this event.

Zak, Ray, Jeff, and Frank thanks for setting up the Cup. It ran very smoothly. Flow between the staging areas worked out great. Wait times gave you enough time to prep as needed.

A huge thanks to the sponsors. I have never been to an event with so many high dollar contributions to the prize table. They definitely stepped up for the Cup. Thank you!

Most of all, thanks to the Willis Ranch for hosting almost 100 shooters.

Definitely looking forward to next year’s event.

Dino

Wow, what a match! I would like to thank Frank,Ray,Zack and all of the RO's that made this happen. The sponsors put up a huge table of prizes and plenty of swag for the whole crowd.
A big thanks goes out to the Willis Ranch.

I'm looking forward to the next one already.

R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kraig RO'ing D3 witnessing the Gimm-Meltdown first hand...</div></div>

I felt sorry for that guy, he was smoking them until he got the stuck cace, I was temped to hand him my revolver for a "Chicago Reload"..........the way he was shooting he could have probly got the hits with that snub nosed 642.

Wow, what an awesome event for a first time match goer to participate in. I was anxious as he'll to start on the first day and my performance reflected that, but by day to I settled in and just shot. I can't say enough good things about the people it took to put this together, the ones who organized it, the RO s and there very courteous but firm approach at keeping everything fair and safe, as well as the more experienced shooters who were willing to offer advice and help a new competitor along. This was an awesome event for a first shoot to attend and I can't wait to attend more. Awesome does not sum up how this shoot flowed and moved along as well as what the manufacturers put on the prize table. Can't wait till the next one rolls out.

Interesting read, I would consider going across the pond from Europe to shoot one of these comps, perhaps pick a thing or two up even.

Great performance by many it seems, would it be possible to get a caliber/rifle-list for the top 10 shooters?

I'll dub on LWILLIAMS sentiments!!

WOW! I was shakin like a dog shittin razors blades the first stage. But settled in after completing and SCORING some points on "C" complex!:D

Learned a TON! Made some new friends. Nick, Leandrea I can't Thank You enough for your help numerous times!
blush.gif

The offer for the room IF you come to the WTRC is still open!

Thanks to Zak, Ray, Frank, Justin, DC, Mile High Shooting, RO's for putting up with and directing the noobies and all the locals on Wagon Hound for putting up with us.
Most of all, a HUGE Thanks to the sponsors who gave to the prize table's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm always smiling on the inside. </div></div>

From Lowlight: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... but still nothing out of Ray, he's a Mountain Lion, only interested in the hunt and kill...</div></div> The bro-love is awesome. RayDog, you're a killer, and I'm glad we're on the same team.

Finally home! Would like to than Frank, Ray and Zak for putting together an excellent match. Also all the RO's that took the time to come out and help. The match ran smooth and fast. No messing around but not rushed either.

Congrats to Wade who shot his ass off this match. Had fun watching it.

It was different than any match I have shot before and very challenging. Had a great time hanging with my group which included Tony, Wade, George, Francis, Scott, Raoul, Dave and Rob. Had a great time shooting with you guys and the camaraderie was great. One of the best feels at a match. We were competing against each other but we were also helping each other with ranges, wind reads and finding targets. Fun weekend all around.

And I can't forget to mention the facility. UNBELIEVABLE is the only word. Targets everywhere in a great scenery. Here's a pic of me on D1. This is the second shooting position and you were engaging targets from 990-1100 yards.
SHC12D1.jpg

Hopefully Frank can post a wider view of this shot so you can see you were out on a finger shooting across a wide valley. Great views everywhere.

If you didn't go this year you really missed out. Don't miss next year! I know I won't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting read, I would consider going across the pond from Europe to shoot one of these comps, perhaps pick a thing or two up even.

Great performance by many it seems, would it be possible to get a caliber/rifle-list for the top 10 shooters?</div></div>

For you guys in Europe, we had a Shooter from Germany, in fact he even brought over his DSR-1 to compete.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TQUw2LUJTsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He was having a blast and made a Holiday of the trip.

Would definitely be a worthy vacation if I get to choose.

Any idea on how cumbersome his paperwork was for getting the rifle through customs in the US?

My one piece of feedback would be to lose the pistol in this match. Most times at tactical rifle matches pistol is thrown in as a filler and this match doesn't need any fillers. With the amazing shooting arena we should be shooting long guns only. We only had one stage of all pistol and then one mixed pistol and rifle for score and then 4 pistol targets that weren't scored and just used a a slower between rifle positions. I would have rather had another long range stage in place of the pistol stage and drop the others.

I know people like to shoot pistol but there's plenty of IDPA and 3 gun matches out there. It's a waste to have that facility and not use every stage to shoot the long guns. Another reason is having to bring more gear and ammo to shoot the limited pistol stages. Tougher for people flying in. Just my opinion but wanted to give some feedback.