• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Official 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup </span>
    shlogo.png

<span style="font-weight: bold">When</span> JUNE 21-23, 2012

<span style="font-weight: bold">Where</span> Douglas, WY

SNIPERSHIDE.com and COMPETITION DYNAMICS have teamed up for the 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup and moved the match to Douglas WY. We've combined the "Cup" legacy with the tradition of field shooting cultivated in the Rocky Mountains to create the premier long-range/precision field rifle match.
    This is the primary SnipersHide.com community event! Be There!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Competitors</span> this competition will be open to 100 competitors

<span style="font-weight: bold">GENERAL PARAMETERS</span>
    Match duration: 3 days, Thurs-Sat
    Mandatory check-in and briefing on Wed. Wednesday is also the Sponsor Demo Day.
    Cartridge requirements: minimum 6mm - maximum .338, velocity not to exceed 3200 fps
    Rifle: "open" specification - must be safe to operate and have functioning safety
    Round count (estimate): 240 rounds, firing extra rounds may be allowed on certain courses
    Rifle target distances: majority 100-1000 yards, longer shots possible.
    Pistol target distances : effective range of pistol
    Two-day train-up available through Thunder Beast Training Group prior to match (not on match courses)
    Almost all targetry will be reactive armor steel plate
    Night-vision optics not required

Visit the Competition Dynamics website for more details,

Sniper's Hide Cup & Competition Dynamics Details

<span style="font-weight: bold">Registration Details,</span>

Registration will be open on <span style="font-weight: bold">Saturday 12 NOON EST February 25th 2012,</span> we will provide an email for you to submit your request. The first 100 applicants will be offered a slot, after the first 100, the rest will be put in a waiting list. The registration email address will go live that morning. A non-transferable / non-refundable $300 entry fee will be required my March 31st once your application has been accepted.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">The 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup</span> tests practical and field rifle shooting skills and supporting activities, which may include but is not limited to: long-range marksmanship, target recognition, wind estimation, range estimation, trail skills, movement over rugged terrain, physical challenges, low-light shooting, and organic problem solving. Individuals will be required to complete problems utilizing their rifle, a service-type pistol, and any ancillary gear that is carried during the entire match.

<span style="font-style: italic">Hosted by</span>
    logo.png

Re: Official 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup

Scouting the location this past weekend:

423607_10150645056122953_368638077952_10961838_1320010721_n.jpg

403360_10150643018062953_368638077952_10955945_297411666_n.jpg

This is a 7000 acre location with natural terrain, these images are just a very small part of what the shooters' can expect.

Douglas WY is right on I-25 about 40 minutes from Casper and 3.5 hours from Denver CO. The are plenty of hotels and other amenities local with the range location being 10 minutes from Downtown.

Myself and Competition Dynamics crew spent Sunday moving around the location and feel this would be a true test in field shooting.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Looks awesome!

But so much for my idea about using the 'Cup as a location warm-up for the 24-hour match. Will there be any land nav required at the 'Cup?

No land Nav,

The area is actually very nice and has a road ringing the ridge down the center. So we will be working off the road in as it brings you around the 7000 acres.

Their will be some movement as the stations are set up, but it will be line of sight and not a gut check, well not all a gut check.

Looks great, and even closer than the Utah site!! I like it! Hope we get in...

I've never been to Wyoming. Lookin' forward to it!

Yeah me too. Only a little better than an hour away so I think I am going to have to go. Should be badass.

I'm already on vacation that week, I'll probably place dead last but these look like so much fun I can't pass it up with only a four hour drive to attend. I'm in!

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LawnMM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm already on vacation that week, I'll probably place dead last but these look like so much fun I can't pass it up with only a four hour drive to attend. I'm in!

Rich</div></div>

Where's your self-esteem? Dead last is what I was afraid of, LOL!

Dead last are the people who talk about it and never show up to anything...

People who show up to try can never consider themselves "Dead Last"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dead last are the people who talk about it and never show up to anything...

People who show up to try can never consider themselves "Dead Last" </div></div>

Well, I showed up at the CRC last weekend for my first ever Tactical Match and was 32 out of 39. Crap. But, I witnessed great shooting by Hoser and many others, and met some good people who were more than happy to be friendly and helpful to a noob like me. So, I look forward to more of the same at the SHC, and doing LOTS more practicing between now and then.

Wait, wasn't this going to be in Utah, and sign-ups starting last Sat.? Looks like it got re-booted.....and twice as far away now....too bad.

Yes we had a Logistics issue in Utah and moved the registration date and location so nobody was left hanging.

WY is still drivable from UT, and this location is very similar terrain wise and we believe we can actually shoot more people at the same time here, plus the terrain is very diverse, I think most will enjoy this match.

The other post was a Warning Order, this is the Official Orders, we had a back up location ready and scouted it out so everything is set now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes we had a Logistics issue in Utah and moved the registration date and location so nobody was left hanging.

WY is still drivable from UT, and this location is very similar terrain wise and we believe we can actually shoot more people at the same time here, plus the terrain is very diverse, I think most will enjoy this match.

The other post was a Warning Order, this is the Official Orders, we had a back up location ready and scouted it out so everything is set now. </div></div>

I know I'd enjoy it, dammit, but the distance and time was going to stretch commitments for me as it was......it's just not the slam-dunk that UT was for me, that's all. At least I've got some additional time to consider.

Understand the issues, just disappointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any excuse, I get it ... </div></div> You a funny guy, sometimes.

My point was, I know there will be plenty of talent present that will be there with their sights on the win. I got into this for fun above all so I'd still like to attend just for the fun and the experience...

I might even be lucky enough to have some talent rub off on me =)

My application will be sent in promptly when registration opens. If I manage to grab a slot I'll be there, I can talk about it later, for now I want to shoot!

Rich

If I'm still in SLC when this happens, I might just fly to Douglas' airport... 2 hour hop. Could probably take another shooter or two...

That does look like a good area to shoot!

Hmmm....

Sign up will be this Saturday at 12Noon EST, this way we are allowing both coasts to get in without too much trouble.

I will post an address once we are ready to go hot on this... Updates will be coming all week as we get closer.

From the CD website: "Applications that arrive on the same day will be added to the list in random order." Is this still the case, or is it first come, first serve once the application and email address are available?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank, is this full or still spots left? I was in Arizona without Internet and missed Saturdays sign up..l</div></div>

He posted that on Sunday, so I think he means this coming Saturday. If so, probably almost all the spots are left
    smile.gif

And this in the OP
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Registration will be open on <span style="font-weight: bold">Saturday 12 NOON EST February 25th 2012,</span> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the CD website: "Applications that arrive on the same day will be added to the list in random order." Is this still the case, or is it first come, first serve once the application and email address are available? </div></div>

I imagine that is for squadding purposes. I would think the first 100 to arrive after the bell tolls noon are in, then randomly listed for squadding purposes. However, I could be completely off!

Hey guys

Tomorrow is when the registration goes live.

We are gonna allow you to sign up via the Competition Dynamics website, which we will provide at 12PM EST here. The sign up is just the preliminary one, on Monday will we will send out a confirmation message at which point you can see whether you will be on the match shooter list or the waiting list.

It will be a first come basis, but we are giving you all weekend to register as we feel we have plenty of spots for most. We'll just use the time codes if we need to really bear down on the slots, but feel we'll be able to accommodate most shooters.

But watch this area, tomorrow registration goes live.

New registration info here
    http://competition-dynamics.com/snipershide-cup-2012/register.php

You'll have basically 3 days to fill out the online application, with no advantage for doing it at any particular time. If we're over full, we'll just take them in random order.

We'll go through the list on Monday night and send the notification out on Tuesday, but you can just log in again to check your application status using the email/confirmation-code from when you submitted your info.

If selected, you'll have two weeks to send the match fee. If on the wait list, we'll keep churning through as we have cancellations.

When the link is available, I will post it at the bottom of
    http://competition-dynamics.com/snipershide-cup-2012/register.php

I will be out running a local 3Gun match on Saturday. If there are any problems that crop up, don't panic. We'll get them sorted out Saturday afternoon or evening, and there will be plenty of time to complete your initial registration.

thanks

Looks like the site went live before 12EST today. Oh well, application sent. I will re-send/modify at 12pm if necessary.

+1

Done!

*Edited to add a question for Zak, the cost and round count for the train up show 300 rounds required for the class, on the train up page it lists 120...which do we need if planning to attend? 120? or 300?

I look forward to going to the match. I've never been to WY. The terrain looks awesome! I'm sure the match will be a great time as well.