• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Official 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup

Re: Official 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dead last are the people who talk about it and never show up to anything...

People who show up to try can never consider themselves "Dead Last"</div></div>

I'm too old to worry about it, I shoot for fun, my only competition is ME, I only have to beat myself. If I improve, I'm a winner, if I don't I'm dead last.

Anyway, Douglas is just too close to the house not to sign up.

Just an off topic hint for any planning a vacation for this match. There is a lot of government land in the area, there are a lot of PD towns, bring a varmint rifle for some side trips after the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a lot of government land in the area, there are a lot of PD towns, bring a varmint rifle for some side trips after the match.</div></div>Oh yeah!!
The match ends on a Saturday and rushing back to work is soooo overrated. I would be in for some of that.
cool.gif

I don't know where I could find a varmint rifle, though.
grin.gif

Looking forward to meeting you, Kraig.
smile.gif

But first I have to get in to the match.....
whistle.gif

Well I hope it didn't fill up like it has in years past. I did the math wrong and thought the registration didn't open til 2pm Mtn, not 10am. Oh well...here's to hopin'!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mustafa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I hope it didn't fill up like it has in years past. I did the math wrong and thought the registration didn't open til 2pm Mtn, not 10am. Oh well...here's to hopin'! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You'll have basically 3 days to fill out the online application, with no advantage for doing it at any particular time. If we're over full, we'll just take them in random order.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
*Edited to add a question for Zak, the cost and round count for the train up show 300 rounds required for the class, on the train up page it lists 120...which do we need if planning to attend? 120? or 300?
</div></div>
Sorry about that. I'll fix it. 100 per day is more realistic. If you bring more, you can shoot more.

I just sent out the first wave of emails that acknowledge we got your application.

If you got a message that said "Application Received - Reviewed - Pending Slot Assignments" then just sit tight until Tuesday.

If you got a message that said your application was on hold, it means you had an error in the data entry-- most likely you did not provide a full address. Please correct it and then shoot me an email, and I'll put it back into the review queue.

I also apologize for the (near-) duplicate emails some of you got.

thanks
Zak

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn auto fill! I fixed it </div></div>

Ha! I did the same thing!

My app is in, crossing my fingers. I'd try warming up the short bus for the ride back to my home town (Casper), but I see that Mustafa has transport options that I just might take him up on if seats are available... Of course I'd split whatever fee/ fuel costs.

~Christian

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mustafa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do plan on flying and have room! </div></div>

Registration ends tonight, so there were a couple of people who have asked and yes you can still register.

We are full but someone always drops out and the waiting list is by no means large, so definitely get your registration in. It's better to have the application in now then to wait, this way as people drop out you can get in much faster, it's better than trying to hold out until the last minute.

Also we will be looking out for anyone who wants to act as a Range Officer as we will be needing a lot of them... so if you see this and want to RO instead of shoot, or want to RO instead of just being a casual observer send me Private message.

Thanks to everyone for registering for the 2012 SHC... we filled the match and are well on our way to bringing you all a great event.

Now, the set up, the sponsors and the like... look forward to see you all in June.

Emails will go out confirming your registration if you have not already received it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Registration ends tonight, so there were a couple of people who have asked and yes you can still register.

We are full but someone always drops out and the waiting list is by no means large, so definitely get your registration in. It's better to have the application in now then to wait, this way as people drop out you can get in much faster, it's better than trying to hold out until the last minute.

Also we will be looking out for anyone who wants to act as a Range Officer as we will be needing a lot of them... so if you see this and want to RO instead of shoot, or want to RO instead of just being a casual observer send me Private message. </div></div>

Exchanged PMs with ya earlier this month about helping out so count me in and let me know if I can help in any way prior to the match as I am only 100 miles from Douglas.

I am also very close to Douglas and can help out if needed. There is a public park in town where you can park a camper right next to the river and fairgrounds. The park is free so if you don't want to stay in a motel and live close enough to drag a camper this is a good place to stay. If anyone is looking for a place to stay I may be able to drag my camper down and let someone use it for the match. I put in but I am probably to late and have no match experience, so I can help where need be.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I was just in Casper, WY this fall for an antelope/pronghorn hunt. The scenery is way different than what I'm used to out east but its equally damn beautiful and I loved my week out there.

As soon as 2330 MST rolls around I'll send out the notifications to everyone who applied.

I would also encourage anyone who still wants a chance to get into the match to register. There are always cancellations and it's common that many people on the wait list do get a shot eventually.

Good. I screwed up and forgot to tell my brother in Mn about it.... He's on the list so...Maybe, just maybe he'll get in!

Thanks

Neil

Just got the good news.

I got notification that I am in. I am looking forward to another great Sniper's Hide Cup and the new and beautiful terrain.

Thanks to all who are making this happen.

I got my notification also. Looking to learn a lot and if someone needs a place to bunk give me a holler, I will have my camper down there instead of driving back and forth.

I'm in!
smile.gif

It looks like a great location. Looking forward to the match, and to seeing faces old and new.

Lots of new names on the shooter list which is awesome, bringing a new group into the fold. Plus plenty of seasoned shooters from past competitions I am really excited.

The waiting list is very short so no one worry, I think in the end everyone who wants to and can shoot the match will.

Now it begins...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now it begins... </div></div>

laugh.gif

Can't wait! Should be a great match. Finally get to go to a big match with my friends...Utah will be well represented!

I'm stoked as well to be with old friends and make new ones at the match. It will certainly be a learning experience for me.
Glad to see you got a slot Eric, I hope the other park city guys got their slots as well.

How about a range estimation / UKD/ target ID day at your range in the next couple months?

Anyone driving through central CO on their way to & from the match? We are looking for someone to carry some gear so we can combine a motorcycle trip with the match. We'd be willing to pay towards gas. PM me if interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bzinbv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone driving through central CO on their way to & from the match? We are looking for someone to carry some gear so we can combine a motorcycle trip with the match. We'd be willing to pay towards gas. PM me if interested. </div></div>

Driving from the Denver area. LMK

We are up in Buena Vista and Summit County, I should have been more specific rather than Central CO. Thanks for the reply, if we could figure out a way to get gear to the front range maybe we can work something out.

Is the waitlist closed? I'd like to get on if possible. The form isn't loading.

thanks

Anybody have a good list of items shooters should bring to this competition?

Also, will we be able to police our rifle brass?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, will we be able to police our rifle brass?</div></div>
Maybe to some extent, but don't count on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, will we be able to police our rifle brass?</div></div>
Maybe to some extent, but don't count on it. </div></div>
Ouch, thats what I get for shooting a 6CM I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, will we be able to police our rifle brass?</div></div>
Maybe to some extent, but don't count on it. </div></div>
Ouch, thats what I get for shooting a 6CM I guess. </div></div>

Suddenly that Lapua brass isn't so great.... good thing you can get away with Winchester in that thing.

If you change firearms after registering is that gonna put you further down the wait list?

The change would still be within your requirements.

No problem. You can update your info at any time and it will not change your match position or wait list status.

If you withdrew and then wanted to be re-instated, you'd go to the end of the wait list. Also, if someone doesn't pay on time, they run the risk of going to the bottom of the list. (Exceptions are granted for people who are out of the country if other arrangements are made.)

-z

Zak and Frank are there still openings for the train up?