• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Official 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup 5/23 - 5/25

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">2013 Sniper's Hide Cup </span>

shlogo.png

<span style="font-weight: bold">When May 23-25, 2013 </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Where Douglas, WY</span>

SNIPERSHIDE.com and COMPETITION DYNAMICS have teamed up for the 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup and moved the match to Douglas WY. We've combined the "Cup" legacy with the tradition of field shooting cultivated in the Rocky Mountains to create the premier long-range/precision field rifle match.
    This is the primary SnipersHide.com community event! Be There!

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Everyone who signs up between February 15th & March 1st will shoot the match. </span>

GENERAL PARAMETERS
    Match duration: 3 days, Thurs-Sat
    Mandatory check-in and briefing on Wed. Wednesday is also the Sponsor Demo Day.
    Cartridge requirements: minimum 6mm - maximum .338, velocity not to exceed 3200 fps
    Rifle: "open" specification - must be safe to operate and have functioning safety
    Round count (estimate): 240 rounds, firing extra rounds may be allowed on certain courses
    Rifle target distances: majority 100-1000 yards, longer shots possible.
    Pistol target distances : effective range of pistol
    Two-day train-up available through Thunder Beast Training Group prior to match (not on match courses)
    Almost all targetry will be reactive armor steel plate
    Night-vision optics not required

Competition Dynamics Website - Sniper's Hide Cup Details

NOTE: <span style="font-style: italic">This event will count with your PRS Points </span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Registration Details, </span>

Registration will be open at 12 NOON EST February 15th 2012, and all those who register and pay between February 15th and March 1st will shoot the match without an waiting list. All entries will be accepted. We are using our new electronic registration and payment system. You will be able to sign up and pay via credit card in our store immediately. This includes signing up and paying for the train up.

The 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup tests practical and field rifle shooting skills and supporting activities, which may include but is not limited to: long-range marksmanship, target recognition, wind estimation, range estimation, trail skills, movement over rugged terrain, physical challenges, low-light shooting, and organic problem solving. Individuals will be required to complete problems utilizing their rifle, a service-type pistol, and any ancillary gear that is carried during the entire match.

In conjunction with

logo.png

Re: Official 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup 5/23 - 5/25

Good to see it moved up a little. May be able to avoid the heat, but maybe get rained on. Would rather do that though then get torched. Looking forward to this.

What is the closest airport to Douglas?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the closest airport to Douglas?</div></div>

Casper and its about 60 miles to Douglas from the Airport.

Edit: Frank beat me to the punch.

We can not make it this year but will put a bunch of Premium AR500 Targets on the prize table for all to enjoy!!!

I'll be there, looking forward to it!

For a newbee to match comps is there somewhere that gives more detail about the course of fire. Is it bench, field, run and gun? Are we scored on time, hits, or both? More info about completing and competing in the match would be helpful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30378</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a newbee to match comps is there somewhere that gives more detail about the course of fire. Is it bench, field, run and gun? Are we scored on time, hits, or both? More info about completing and competing in the match would be helpful.</div></div>

Follow the link to the Competition Dynamics Details Page... it is all spelled out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RV parking?</div></div>

There is, guys parked on site (6000 acres) or there is an actual RV park at the end of the street.

No services on site, so you have to be self contained.

As noted by Justin,

Douglas WY is in the middle of an Oil Boom, and the hotels, are generally speaking Full so reserve your room as soon as possible.

There are towns on either side to include Casper that will have rooms, the commute to the match will just be a tad longer than if you stayed in Douglas.

Also avoid the Motel 6, its a crack house. The new ones are better, but definitely hit them up sooner rather than later.

Hah, May 23rd is my Birthday. Fun stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again this summer and running this match in conjunction with SnipersHide and Frank.

It's going to be a good one...

I will be there again this year, was a blast last year as my first shoot. Will be putting in my vacation once I get back to the office.

For any SHC sponsors that have not already made arrangements with Frank please contact me to support this event and the rest of the CD series: [email protected].

I'm on it like stink on a hippy! This weekend falls in right between my bachelor party and my wedding...... Game time!

The Registration has been written and will go live in the SH Shopping cart at Noon EST on February 15th.

In the cart you can buy your slot to the event and check out and be complete for the match in one go.

No waiting list, no checks, no multiple email confirmations, just answer the questions about your equipment, sign up, pick a train up package if you want one and check out. Really simple.

As noted everyone who signs up in the Shopping Cart from February 15th to March 1st is guaranteed to get in without a waiting list.

My Custom Event really did an awesome job putting together the match registration I think everyone will like it.

Is this a lost brass match this year? I assume it is -it's hard to run these matches otherwise, but thought I would ask given the high price of ammo and quality brass.

Thanks and I look forward to this match!

You have 5 minutes, but essentially, yes it's a lost brass match, you can mark it and try going back after your segment is finished, that is fine. However if the clock stops and you are finished, you have to move off the line, there is no waiting for you to police your brass.

Some stages are easier to keep a handle on it than others, but I would figure on losing at least 50% of it

FYI

I sent out an email today and I missed the fact the Registration will go live at 12 NOON EST on February 15th... it's loaded but is not visible until then.

So if you are looking to register for the match, on February 15th at Noon the "product" will appear in the Sniper's Hide Store

http://snipershide.mycustomevent.com

LL,

Your email mentioned being able to acomodate 250 shooters at the 2013 SHC.

Aside from tight hotel room availability in Douglas - and only one drinking establisment (the White Wolf....) - I wonder about the logistics of running a match with so many shooters?

Can you share the plan?

The Hotels we can't do anything about, but there are rooms less than hour away via the highway. You have Casper, guys found nice rooms in Glenrock, and you have Wheatland before. Not ideal, but we can't do anything about the oil companies taking up the rooms.

Food you have plenty of fast food, you have a super market, plus there is more than one bar in town. Clarion has a bar, that place on Richard Street.

With roughly 90 shooters we were easily 1.5 hours ahead of schedule per segment, so adding a group to the segments will not adversely affect the timing, you just won't finish your segment so quickly.

But the way Competition Dynamics has set up the Segments, Stages, and Schedule, you are not pressed for time. You have more than enough time to finish your segment and be ready for the next.

We had tons of food at the HQ area, there was easily something on the grill all day.

So logistically I think we have a handle on it... plus I figure we always have those who drop out or don't show, so even if we sold 250 slots, the odds of all 250 showing are slim to none... you figure at least 20 per 100 don't show. (we sold about 115 slots and 90 shot there about)

I wont be ready to shoot the match but are you guys going to need volunteers for RO, logistics, etc? Would love to help out with that!

Thanks for the clarification. Last year was a great experience for me, and I'm looking foward to SHC '13, and shooting straighter!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FlyingGoose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wont be ready to shoot the match but are you guys going to need volunteers for RO, logistics, etc? Would love to help out with that!</div></div>

Contact Competition Dynamics about volunteering, ROing, etc. I'm sure they could use the help.

we definitely need ROs, and have some incentives for people who are willing to RO.

We also secured Rooms for ROs this year... at the Clarion so no roach motels

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have 5 minutes, but essentially, yes it's a lost brass match, you can mark it and try going back after your segment is finished, that is fine. However if the clock stops and you are finished, you have to move off the line, there is no waiting for you to police your brass.

Some stages are easier to keep a handle on it than others, but I would figure on losing at least 50% of it </div></div>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm more attached to my brass than I am of some of my family members....No brass left behind.
    cry.gif

How about the "phyical part", that's what concerns me. Being old and with a bit of COPD.

---------------------------------------------------------

As to brass, I was one of the ROs at last years event. The shooters at my station had no problems grabbing their brass and moving on. Don't know about the other stations.

This year may be different with more shooters, but I didn't see the difficulty of grabbing 10 pieces of brass and moving on, didn't delay anything at my station.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Edit to add:

As said, I was a range officer last year. If I can compete phyically I'll shoot, if not I (assuming they'll have me) be a range officer again.

Either way, I took my camper last year and stayed right at match headquarters. I have room for one more guy if you want to stay with me. First come First Served.

The camper is a horse trailer with living quarters, fully self contained. The horse section of the trailer is secure, dry and safe. If you want to stay with me, you can lock your gear can be locked in the trailer.

Up above, the round count says 240.

In my email it says "No down time, no standing line and a round count well over 100 meaningful shots".

Is it 240 or 100?

Thanks,
    Ty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Up above, the round count says 240.

In my email it says "No down time, no standing line and a round count well over 100 meaningful shots".

Is it 240 or 100?

Thanks,
    Ty</div></div>

With 2 shots available per target on most of the targets, it puts you in the 200's.

Is this a good event for a newbie? I have never shot at a match (of any kind) before...

The registration for the CUP will open today at 12 NOON EST TODAY,

The "Sniper's Hide Cup Match" will automatically appear in the store at NOON, not before. Once it appears, follow the dialog and fill out the questions then you can checkout or add in things like the Train Up days, and then check out.

If you buy a slot, you are in the match, there is no waiting list, no multiple emails, you are in, the cart is designed to handle it in one go.

http://snipershide.mycustomevent.com

I'll echo stalski's question. Would you recommend this for someone who has never officially competed?

This match is a very good introduction. It's a field course, so it is not overly dynamic in that you don't have a lot of run & gun.

What you have is a series of segments and stages, at the stage you can build a range card, and spot for targets, (with the help of others) then you get up go to the line and you have 5 minutes finish locating, range and engage the targets with a max of 2 rounds to hit it.

So, new shooters are able to get help, watch others shoot, and not be dependent on techniques experienced shooters enjoy that maybe missed by new shooters. It's you and the target on the line, but its you and the group before hand so you can learn the proper way to engage the targets for the most effect.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll have to make plans to be there.

LL,

Just registered. System worked great.

On the equipment list, there wasn't a space to enter "suppressed", "unsuppressed w/brake", or "unsuppressed w/o brake"...,

Can you or Zak gather this data and squad heathens with heathens, and cans with cans?

My ears would be sooooo happy!

you know I didn't think of that but we'll work to end, to squad suppressors together.

That a great bit of feedback for the new system and way to adjust the squads according to the responses

Thanks !

Just signed up.
    I picked a one day unguided range pass, can i choose which day to use it or will you have a schedule for us?
    Thank-you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you know I didn't think of that but we'll work to end, to squad suppressors together.

That a great bit of feedback for the new system and way to adjust the squads according to the responses

Thanks ! </div></div>

Glad you agree it's a good idea....

Also, looks like the pistol stages are gone versus last year's SHC? Assuming this because pistol info wasn't requested on the 2013 Registration gun info section.

Can we camp on site if we can't get or don't want to get a hotel?