• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Official 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup 5/23 - 5/25

I re-read all the posts and rules..... forgive if I'm blind, but I can't find anything about confirming zero or dope before the match.
Will there be a location were we can check zero/dope Wedenesday? I mean without paying an unguided Train-UP fee....

It looks like Zak stated that there will be time on Wednesday during check in to check zeros.

What elevation is the majority of the shooting done at? And Zak if you have to link that same link to answer another question I apologize haha

Nice, I wont even have to dial anything compared to shooting at this stupid 500ft here at home haha.

I booked a hotel in Douglas, google maps says its a 20 mile 49 minute drive to the range, does that sound accurate or way overestimated?

Guys be sure to get your registration in, we want to be sure everyone can shoot the match that wants too.

This is not a very physical match, there is no extended hiking or gut check stages. It's a good beginner match for getting into LR tactical shooting as it is very straight forward.

In the past guys were always unhappy with having to be on the waiting list, well there is NO WAITING LIST if you sign up before March 1st, you're in the match. No questions asked.

This allows everyone to know up front they are in the match and gives the maximum amount of time to make plans and book your hotel rooms. (Douglas to the range is less than 10 minutes and maybe 5 miles)

http://snipershide.mycustomevent.com/ShoppingCart.aspx?com=detailview&iid=87&

If you have any questions let me know ?

I won't be able to make it....not enough ammo, and can't find that sh*t anywhere. This is getting ridiculous. I might be able to RO though.

Zak, email sent about camping question for this. I'm curious if there is a place to camp that might have a shower or at least running water? For the sake of my squad buddies that would be a plus!

COfox, what caliber do you shoot? Do you need loaded ammo or components? I might be able to help you out, feel free to PM me.

I've got plenty of rifle ammo, just no (well, I currently only have 16 rounds total) pistol ammo. 9mm. I'll keep looking, but thanks for the offer to help. I'm going to end up on the waitlist anyhow, so no worries...if I get in I get in, if I don't, I don't. The Big-5 in Golden gets ammo in on Mondays....I'll put on my ghillie, hide in the bushes, then rush the doors as soon as they open. Wish me luck!

CO Fox, sounds like a great plan...to get shot! Ha. If you get in and can't find 9mm before then I might be able to hook you up with a few hundred rounds, I have lot's.

Thanks Zak, do I need to contact the guy you listed about the KOA?

Roger that, thanks again Zak. This looks like a stellar event, hope I can swing the time off!

When will the final registration close. Due to some unforseen expenses I will not be able to register until next week and know of another guy wanting in.

Cool. I just secured enough pistol ammo. Gonna try and scrounge up the dough for the entry fee. I should be able to by month's end.

No, the KOA is just the KOA. I don't have any particular info about it, but I know a bunch of competitors stayed there last year.

Creepy numbers of rabbits giving me the eyeball every evening on the way to the showers... disturbing, and they quadrupled in number by the day I checked out...

I'm signed up. I hope to scrounge for the train up before that gets too crowded, other than that, hope to you fuckers there. The ones I met before, and the ones I have yet to meet. It'll be a good time.

I will have my camper down there again for anyone needing a place to crash. It is nothing special but the heat and ac works great and a guy will even be able to cook himself some food or microwave from it. I am hoping to park out on site this year instead of in town. If anyone is needing a place to crash send me a PM

Creepy numbers of rabbits giving me the eyeball every evening on the way to the showers... disturbing, and they quadrupled in number by the day I checked out...

Ha. Sounds like I should bring my pup along, he loves bunnies!

I stayed at the KOA last year in my Airstream. Its just a campground, nothing special, but its clean and cheap. This year I reserved both the cabins, and am leaving the Airstream at home.

Bill

We have blocked hotel rooms in Douglas, WY for Sniper's Hide Cup Competitors at a discounted rate!

Rooms at the Holiday Inn Express - Discounted to $136/night. To reserve a room call (888) 465-4329 use Group Code: EG1 Up to 14 non-smoking rooms available. Continental Breakfast included. Rate available until May 2nd.

Rooms at the Sleep Inn - Discounted to $118/night. To reserve a room call (307) 358-2777 use "Sniper's Hide Cup" for discount. Up to 15 rooms available. Rate available until May 1st.

The thread has gotten long enough that I haven't been able to find the answer to this newbie question, but are the rifle targets ISPC standard sizes (i.e. 18"x24")? If not, do we know what their dimensions are or is that TS info?

Wish I hadn't jumped on the hotel so early as I've already made reservations at a local "do drop in", The 4 Winds Motel.

Thanks Zak & Lowlight for the clarifications, I've read through last year's brief and it's very helpful. I believe in "Proper Prior Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance", but doesn't guarantee it. Anyway looking forward to it and meeting you guys.

Toying with the idea of trying out the Burris Eliminator III at the match. I admit that I am gadget geek, but it kinda feels like cheating.

LOl

Yes definitely use it .... let us know how that works out, it may start a new winning trend :)

I've got a Valdada for sale on eBay. If it sells I might take the plunge. Paying that much for a Burris just doesn't feel right but product changes I guess.

LOL. Yes , do go for it . I think the only real cheating that will work is having a midget with a 22 20 feet from each target to hit it after you shoot. Distance and wind are the equalizers !!

To those on the bench of going ...... After the match was over I shot the course . After RO'ing I knew the targets and distances .......... It was humbling .. AND a lot of fun .

Come shoot it , jump in feet first if need be , but do it . You will not find a better group of people to shoot with and have a good time !

Be aware of one thing you MUST bring . A good lie, ahem , story to tell at the white wolf .:cool:

G

I'm working on the excuses already. Altitude sickness, allergies, bad lot of ammo, sunspots, global warming, stressed out about the economy, heartburn, etc...

How are people planning on getting rifles / ammo to the match. Rifles/pistols can obviously be checked through the airlines but ammo is my bigger concern. Having 240 rounds for the match alone will put some shooters over the 10lb ammo limit for airlines. Not to mention an additional 100-150 rounds for train up and then pistol ammo for the match.

The thread has gotten long enough that I haven't been able to find the answer to this newbie question, but are the rifle targets ISPC standard sizes (i.e. 18"x24")? If not, do we know what their dimensions are or is that TS info?

Wish I hadn't jumped on the hotel so early as I've already made reservations at a local "do drop in", The 4 Winds Motel.

Good luck at that motel... I stayed there last year and could not run the AC and the microwave at the same time. But the water was hot and the sheets clean, but do not expect the hyatt...

Good luck at that motel... I stayed there last year and could not run the AC and the microwave at the same time. But the water was hot and the sheets clean, but do not expect the hyatt...

Good luck with any motel there, with all the oilfield traffic in and out of there in the last couple years. The dark room, blacklight trick from CSI comes to mind, check the head board for splooge, some lonely dude away from momma for a couple of weeks at a time??????

On the lighter side, Glendo, 21 miles south of Douglas has a few rooms and pretty nice campgrounds close to the lake, if Douglas fills up. With Memorial Day weekend, I'd hurry.

The Sniper's Hide Cup has 9 gold level sponsors committed to putting awesome products on the prize table for you. That's over $45K in support of the shooters from gold sponsors alone!

For the price, that's all I can want.