• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Official 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup 5/23 - 5/25

Re: Official 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup 5/23 - 5/25

The KOA wasn't bad at all to stay at last year. They have decent shower facilities and power to the tent sites. Drive to the match wasn't too far either.

Geb

Even better, thanks. If there's a KOA nearby, I may drag the camper up with me.

Forgive my ignorance but what is the "Train Up"?
This is my first year ever competing and have only ever been to one smaller local match. But wanted to participate in this as a learning experience from shooting along side everyone and being able to see how and what they do. Then I saw this train up option when I registered and couldn't tell if it was in addition to the $300 or those prices are including or in place of the original fee. And what is included with the different levels of guided.
Sorry for all the questions but don't want to miss a good thing if I can help it.

Brett

The Train up is like practice,

You don't shoot the actual COF but you shoot in the same place, on the range. We have a guided section where you'll learn how to engage the targets effectively or an unguided where you can shoot KD ranges out to distance on your own.

If you want instruction you wanted the guided train up, and yes this is in addition to the cost of the match as you have instructors present to help you.

Any idea on round count for the train up? I'd like to do the one day at least but ammo isn't cheap and hard to find to say the least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, the pistol stage is still in ...

We just didn't gather the information as its not what we focus on </div></div>

I RO'd the pistol only stage last year and I'm guessing that's where Zak will put me again this year. I'm also gonna shoot this year (my first long range match.... I've fired my new .308 only nine times to date) so I'm really looking forward to the pistol stuff as I've really only shot 3gun so far. Last year it had mixed reviews I think, but for the most part everyone seemed to enjoy it in the end, even if they were nervious at the start. It was just a really quick and fun pistol coarse, can't wait to see what it holds this year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, the pistol stage is still in ...

We just didn't gather the information as its not what we focus on </div></div>

I RO'd the pistol only stage last year and I'm guessing that's where Zak will put me again this year. I'm also gonna shoot this year (my first long range match.... I've fired my new .308 only nine times to date) so I'm really looking forward to the pistol stuff as I've really only shot 3gun so far. Last year it had mixed reviews I think, but for the most part everyone seemed to enjoy it in the end, even if they were nervious at the start. It was just a really quick and fun pistol coarse, can't wait to see what it holds this year!</div></div>

+1

Clear the trench!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we definitely need ROs, and have some incentives for people who are willing to RO.
</div></div>

Can RO's still shoot the match? I'd be down to RO/assistRO if need be, as long as that doesn't disqualify me from participating.

I went ahead and registered. But could only afford the match fee at this time. Can I add the train up at a later date?
Thanks,

The guys at My Custom Event said there is a way to add in the Train Up at a later Date.

Also as a note, this year's SHC is a PRS Event so you will get points for the match.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">No, RO's are not shooting the match</span>, unless we have some last minute RO staffing emergency <span style="font-style: italic">and</span> Frank and I determine there are no impacts with regard to fairness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline">No, RO's are not shooting the match</span>, unless we have some last minute RO staffing emergency <span style="font-style: italic">and</span> Frank and I determine there are no impacts with regard to fairness. </div></div>

Copy, thanks for the clarification. Some of the above comments suggested otherwise, which is why I asked. Wasn't sure if there were separate scorer/spotters as well as RSO's simply running the stages.

So do I understand the rules correctly in that I can have a friend/spotter with me in the staging area, just go solo when your number is called? The reason that I am asking is that I have a friend interested in this and I'd like to have him tag along and even help spot targets in the staging area if possible. I'm losing faith in these old eyes.

Thanks,

TXBodean

Yes you can . You will stand in my staging area and have time to spot and make range cards. Talk about guns girls and bigfoot. Just don't step out of the box. Now granted you may or maynot see all the targets from the staging area....

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pyrofx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes you can . You will stand in my staging area and have time to spot and make range cards. Talk about guns girls and bigfoot. Just don't step out of the box. Now granted you may or maynot see all the targets from the staging area....

Greg </div></div>

Ahhh, thanks. It will make the drive better having someone to talk to. My friend has never shot or spotted for long range but it would be a really good experience for him and give me someone to share the blame with other than excuses like "I got a cramp" or "I sneezed at the wrong time", or the standard "I measured in mils but doped in MOA" excuses.

But really, this would be my first LR competition. Got hooked on LR at the Badlands Tactical Precision Rifle Course a couple of years back. Now if I can just find 40 more rounds of Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor 140g AMAX before May. Finding anything related to guns, ammo, or reloading is just plain crazy these days and I'd rather use factory ammo.

TXBodean

Since this is a PRS match, does that mean no competitor will have prior knowledge of the match COF or have ever shot any of the stages used in the match?

Hey Lowlight,
Was there that many competitors driving 308s last year?

Since this is a PRS match, does that mean no competitor will have prior knowledge of the match COF or have ever shot any of the stages used in the match?

The COF is pretty well spelled out, no competitor will have knowledge of the range or where the targets are prior, but we make the stages very equal, so you can try to be technical about it.

The Match is, it's UKD, you have 5 minutes per stage to locate, range and engage, so there, now everyone knows the COF

No, not a whole lot of 308s at the match.

If you guys look above, the "Sniper's Hide Store" link at the top will bring you to registration for the CUP.

Only a few more days until we consider limiting entry, right now everyone who enters will get into the match so sign up before March 1st

Wish I could go. $300 isn't bad for registration but the cost to get out there and stay there is what sucks. Maybe in the next couple of years I'll be able to attend a SHC.

I've seen some snippets of answers to some questions I've been wondering, but I thought I should come right out and ask directly. I suppose these are mostly directed at Frank, but anyone feel free to chime in.

A buddy & me want to come up from Colorado, but wanted to know a few things:

--How is the SHC as a spectator event? This would be the 1st shooting event we have been to. I'm taking the Colorado Rifles Only course this summer...so all my money is going there. As such, we would just like to come up and hang out, meet some folks, and see the event
--Is there a charge if you are just spectating?
--Money is tight, so we would prefer to camp. Are we allowed to camp at the event? It looks like there is a KOA site, so that may be an option too. Camping at the event seems like a good time too.
--Would there be any opportunity to do a little shooting if we are not doing the Training Day? I'm just thinking about some informal plinking, not trying to get out on the COF for free!. Is it even worth bring up some rifles?

Overall, it sounds like a great time to be had, but we just wanted to understand some of our options before we go asking off from work.
I'm thinking next year I'll be ready to throw my hat into the ring!

There is ample opportunity to spectate. Everyone needs to sign a waiver and non-competitors please follow directions of match staff. No charge for guests/spectators. Camping is available at the site, get in contact with Justin. I thought he had posted in this thread but now I can't see it. He should be along shortly.

You will have the opportunity to shoot a little bit on the KD range on Wed during the sign-in period.

Fairness has always been a major aspect of the CD matches, and this year's SHC will not be any different. From reading last year's packet, you can get the overall structure and parameters of the match and stages, but the individual course designs will be all new, and nobody will know them until their time starts.

I will be ROing again this year and looking forward to seeing some familure faces. Always great to see all the eye candy and how it is deployed.

I've seen some snippets of answers to some questions I've been wondering, but I thought I should come right out and ask directly. I suppose these are mostly directed at Frank, but anyone feel free to chime in.

A buddy & me want to come up from Colorado, but wanted to know a few things:

--How is the SHC as a spectator event? This would be the 1st shooting event we have been to. I'm taking the Colorado Rifles Only course this summer...so all my money is going there. As such, we would just like to come up and hang out, meet some folks, and see the event
--Is there a charge if you are just spectating?
--Money is tight, so we would prefer to camp. Are we allowed to camp at the event? It looks like there is a KOA site, so that may be an option too. Camping at the event seems like a good time too.
--Would there be any opportunity to do a little shooting if we are not doing the Training Day? I'm just thinking about some informal plinking, not trying to get out on the COF for free!. Is it even worth bring up some rifles?

Overall, it sounds like a great time to be had, but we just wanted to understand some of our options before we go asking off from work.
I'm thinking next year I'll be ready to throw my hat into the ring!

Just tell Cameron it's gonna be a blast and will be worth it to go all the way up there to see his brother compete:)

Hey there! I didn't know you were planning on competing...well, this just keeps getting more interesting. You coming to CO first, or just meeting us there?

For guys looking to compete, as an FYI, we just got a bunch of commitments for prizes for the Prize Table,

US Optics,
Nightforce,
Sierra just emailed a few minutes ago

I have a feeling the list this year is gonna be big as new companies are contacting me every week.

Yeah at first I wasn't planning on it, i was just going to spectate, but the more I read about their set up I thought it was a great way to learn from the experienced guys while still getting to shoot the COF. A $300 training course if you will :) The last match I just watched drove me nuts not getting to shoot, and I couldn't justify driving 9hrs and not enter in. I won't be stopping through CO just cause it would be way out of the way. But I really hope you And Cameron go cause I think it will be a lot of fun

I recall now seeing the camping area on the dirt road into the site when I shot the CD Combat Biathlon there last year. Is this a first-come-first-serve type camping area, or do we need to register with someone?

Could someone tell me what time both Check In, and the Demo day, starts and ends on Wed for those traveling in on that day? Thanks.

For those of you who were waiting, I would recommend signing up for the Cup and not putting it off...

In the Sniper's Hide Store is the registration to the match, we want to see as many people shoot as possible.

Lots of first class guys have signed up so don't be late.

Just signed up, will be there again this year. I will also be helping out during the train up, looking forward to helping out with pistol training too.

Bill

Just signed up. This will be my first shoot of any kind. I will probably finish last but at least I am participating.
I'm 60, so shooting against all these young guns should be interesting to say the least.
I hope it is not too physically challenging, even though I work out every day at the gym.
Being from Casper, WY should help as I am accustomed to the alltitude.
Also hiking the mtns for elk and deer helps alot.

sorry if a newb or dumb question, but is this a "spectator" friendly situation, or does that interfere too much. I have competed in trap competitions but never been to or around a competition such as this and am interested in doing one, would like to watch and see for a day or so just oout of curiosity. Thanks

sorry if a newb or dumb question, but is this a "spectator" friendly situation, or does that interfere too much. I have competed in trap competitions but never been to or around a competition such as this and am interested in doing one, would like to watch and see for a day or so just out of curiosity. Thanks

Already been addressed.

There is ample opportunity to spectate. Everyone needs to sign a waiver and non-competitors please follow directions of match staff. No charge for guests/spectators.

Last edited:
I re-read all the posts and rules..... forgive if I'm blind, but I can't find anything about confirming zero or dope before the match.
Will there be a location were we can check zero/dope Wedenesday? I mean without paying an unguided Train-UP fee....