• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Dane @DMR rifles out of Vegas spun up the barrel. It shot great. The brass sucks but I love it. No Muzzle velocity data yet. But here is some ocw data.
20190318_145841.jpg

Reactions: Juggerxxx
Dane @DMR rifles out of Vegas spun up the barrel. It shot great. The brass sucks but I love it. No Muzzle velocity data yet. But here is some ocw data. View attachment 7047244
Wow that shows some serious promise and thank you for sharing. Which bullet was that and far off the lands was that? Why does the brass suck? Is it Hornady and are they the only ones that offer it? I very much hope the barrel life is as good as advertised? Thanks again man!

I need a quick DT SRS rundown and I’ve tried getting ahold of Orkan but no response. I’m interested in a SRS in 22 Creed for my primary thermal coyote rig. Without actually playing with them, I think I’d be happy with a A1 chassis on sale from Europtic. Once you have that, it’s basically ordering a conversion kit from a reputable builder, correct?

I need a quick DT SRS rundown and I’ve tried getting ahold of Orkan but no response. I’m interested in a SRS in 22 Creed for my primary thermal coyote rig. Without actually playing with them, I think I’d be happy with a A1 chassis on sale from Europtic. Once you have that, it’s basically ordering a conversion kit from a reputable builder, correct?

Correct. There’s actually an A1 chassis in the buy sell trade section here for pretty cheap right now.

I saw that but it looks like the original SRS with the picatinny forend. Europtic has the SRS A1 for $2300. It is confusing with DT and all the Gens and now the A1 and A2. I might hold off until I play with them at the NRA Convention.

Reactions: Andielouroo
Wow that shows some serious promise and thank you for sharing. Which bullet was that and far off the lands was that? Why does the brass suck? Is it Hornady and are they the only ones that offer it? I very much hope the barrel life is as good as advertised? Thanks again man!

I loaded to factory ammo depth there abouts... 3.66"
H1000 and retumbo powder.
Cci 250 primers
225 eld pills

The issue I had with the brass was it is used so I had extraction issues. Basically after each shot I had to get up and pound the bolt. I'm waiting for my new brass to arrive.

Hornady brass just sucks compared to other brass

Reactions: Juggerxxx
I did some searching and couldn't find much. Anyone have a comparison between the Caseclub case and the Pelican version? Both look good, just wondering if the Pelican is worth twice as much?

I have a case club and the perfectly precut design is worth more to me then the case. Super simple to modify.

Reactions: J-Fonz
I loaded to factory ammo depth there abouts... 3.66"
H1000 and retumbo powder.
Cci 250 primers
225 eld pills

The issue I had with the brass was it is used so I had extraction issues. Basically after each shot I had to get up and pound the bolt. I'm waiting for my new brass to arrive.

Hornady brass just sucks compared to other brass
Did you check for ejector imprints and or ejector swipe. Mainly curious because I’m interested in the PRC300 and hoping it works well in the DTA platform and that your problems get worked out. Looking forward to hearing how this turns out.

Did you check for ejector imprints and or ejector swipe. Mainly curious because I’m interested in the PRC300 and hoping it works well in the DTA platform and that your problems get worked out. Looking forward to hearing how this turns out.

I believe it to be a brass issue. It's an awesome round.

Mine should be here on Tuesday.

I have mine all glassed up and ready to go but they sent the wrong conversion kit so I haven' t shot it. I wanted the 26" CM but they sent the 24" hunter profile by mistake. I get the correct kit on Tuesday and will be hitting the range the rest of the day and Wednesday. I'll get some pictures up then.

The trigger is absolutely amazing, I'm blown away by it. I actually prefer it over the Trigger Tech in my MPA. No creep and perfect pull weight. You can definitely feel the weight difference over an A1, although it has been about a year since I held one when I sold mine.

Anyone running a 6.5 PRC barrel yet? I'm thinking of ordering one from ES Tactical but I haven't found any info on the feeding issues. I really don't want to spend an extra 75.00 per mag to get the SAC short magnum kit to an already expensive magazine. Does anyone know if the SAC mag kit is necessary?

My srsa1 19 inch barrel with suppressor is 39 3/16 inches long. Shoots great no pics yet
Shot ground hog other day 405 yards

Attachments

• 9BF565A8-64C0-400C-841F-46A8C3AA1F33.jpeg
    9BF565A8-64C0-400C-841F-46A8C3AA1F33.jpeg
    441.1 KB · Views: 200
6.5cm 18" barrel with a 10.4" thunderbeast 338 can. Still pretty compact compared the the AIs.

Great looking rifle! I’ve been very interested in cutting down my 26” 6.5cm barrel for a while now. What bullet and what kind of velocities are you seeing with your 18”?

I need some help with my covert, I had it cerakoted months back and after that I have had all kind of issues with the trigger coming off the gun and I cannot find where these two small screws went.....

in order to put the trigger back on do I just tighten the Allen screw? Any idea where these two small screws go?
Sorry for the delay @turnrob I couldn't find time to log on this weekend. Can you send me a side profile picture of those screws? 1 of them appears to be a set screw for either your creep or your weight. Can't tell what the other one is from the angle you posted.

Great looking rifle! I’ve been very interested in cutting down my 26” 6.5cm barrel for a while now. What bullet and what kind of velocities are you seeing with your 18”?
In my 19 inch I shoot factory 143 eldx With the van on I’m around 2760fps. Dunno with no can

Reactions: Whiskeywater1
Received my A2 today! Very sweet little package. Shown with 22” 6.5 conversion. I have an 18” 300WM conversion coming too. Need to order an Arca rail for the handguard and going to make my own Arca Mount for the tripod screw on the chassis.

Trigger feels good, but not great. Breaks pretty clean and has no creep, but does have a decent amount of overtravel.

Hoping to get out to shoot tomorrow, but I have a crazy day at work, so the following day is more likely.

CF3026E5-6A56-4D9F-93F1-1E8EAB93B297.jpeg

Received my A2 today! Very sweet little package. Shown with 22” 6.5 conversion. I have an 18” 300WM conversion coming too. Need to order an Arca rail for the handguard and going to make my own Arca Mount for the tripod screw on the chassis.

Trigger feels good, but not great. Breaks pretty clean and has no creep, but does have a decent amount of overtravel.

Hoping to get out to shoot tomorrow, but I have a crazy day at work, so the following day is more likely.

View attachment 7050246
I’m interested in how your 18” 300 does. I’ve been thinking about the same conversation or a 300prc. Keep us posted.

Reactions: Andielouroo
I’m interested in how your 18” 300 does. I’ve been thinking about the same conversation or a 300prc. Keep us posted.

Will do. It should get here tomorrow. I plan to use it as a hunting setup. Unfortunately my SiCo Omega is not rated for 300wm down to 18”, so I’ll have to wait until my .338 can clears form 4 before I can run it suppressed.

I hope to get to the range with my a2 tomorrow, but a quick gripe in the meantime: the included manual sucks. Table of contents pages do not match actual pages and there isn’t even instructions on a lot of things. Wouldn’t be a big deal, but the platform is entirely unique and I don’t even know how to remove the Handguard. Looks like they just tried to reuse most of the materials from the a1.

Reactions: Sportin Wood
I hope to get to the range with my a2 tomorrow, but a quick gripe in the meantime: the included manual sucks. Table of contents pages do not match actual pages and there isn’t even instructions on a lot of things. Wouldn’t be a big deal, but the platform is entirely unique and I don’t even know how to remove the Handguard. Looks like they just tried to reuse most of the materials from the a1.

I actually called them about this yesterday. They were very helpful and sent me the diagram for the screws and are shipping me an updated manual, went out with tracking about an hour on the call.

Attachments

• Stock set bolt placement.pdf
    261.3 KB · Views: 193
Got to the range this morning. I’m very happy with the A2! It was actually really fun to shoot. The trigger is still set too heavy, so I’ll need to mess with that tonight. Only other complaint is that the magazine fit in the mag well is very tight. Given the location of the mag release button, it is pretty awkward depressing the release and stripping the mag out at the same time. And I definitely have to strip the mag out as it’s way to tight to drop free, even with some wiggling. Inserting the mag is equally awkward.

Other than that, the rifle is great to shoot. I found bolt manipulation pretty easy to get comfortable with and the balance of the gun is fantastic. I’m looking forward to getting the 300wm conversion today.

EF7F5D16-3600-4B20-BC12-2D5F7DFF368F.jpeg
7A42E449-2229-4F0B-8D77-8517A9F8D19A.jpeg

Is it possible to build a 22br in a SRS A2? How about a 6br, dasher, brx, etc. anyone running one? Thanks
I haven't heard of anyone doing it. It would require a redisigned magazine along the lines of what SAC did for their 223 conversion. I feel someone did make a reliable mag, I would definitely be on board for a Dasher.

Has anyone removed the extension from their barrels without gunsmith help? They spin on and are blue loctited into place then torqued to 80FT/lb per DT. I know Patriot Valley Arms sells the tool, anyone tried it?

Last edited:
Just got my SAC 223 conversion, 26” barrel. Gonna start the load development process tomorrow. I’m testing hornady 73gr (at Short Action Customs suggestion) and some Nosler RDF 70gr pills.
I plan to run Varget powder. Anyone running this combo care to share their load recipes? I’ll report back with results

Attachments

• FF674EFF-BC87-497B-A013-84A29E748ECE.jpeg
    FF674EFF-BC87-497B-A013-84A29E748ECE.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: cro789
Can anyone give me some average prices on custom barrel set ups. Looking to maybe jumping on the DTA band wagon soon. Thanks

Can anyone give me some average prices on custom barrel set ups. Looking to maybe jumping on the DTA band wagon soon. Thanks

Go to es tactical.com and you can spec out barrels and get prices.

I saw that but it looks like the original SRS with the picatinny forend. Europtic has the SRS A1 for $2300. It is confusing with DT and all the Gens and now the A1 and A2. I might hold off until I play with them at the NRA Convention.

There is a nice looking a1 in 6.5 Creedmoor on gb for 2795 and a chassis for 1950

Last edited:
Does anyone know the chasis only weight for SRS-A2? I have the A1 and trying to decide if I should just get the A2 24” hunter conversion kit or the A2 chasis as well. My A1 chasis is 6 lbs with monopod Thanks.

Or I could back into it if someone has the weight of factory SRS-A2 barrel, mag, and bolt.

Anyone have a list of gunsmiths who can build DT HTI barrels?

Last edited:
Is it possible to build a 22br in a SRS A2? How about a 6br, dasher, brx, etc. anyone running one? Thanks

I haven't heard of anyone doing it. It would require a redisigned magazine along the lines of what SAC did for their 223 conversion. I feel someone did make a reliable mag, I would definitely be on board for a Dasher.

If I remember correctly, there were other issues, aside from the magazine, that made the BR and Dasher cartridges not worth the time in the SRS. I seem to recall ejection being the issue, like the case only ejecting properly 60% of the time, with the other 40% spinning back into the ejection port

Has anyone removed the extension from their barrels without gunsmith help? They spin on and are blue loctited into place then torqued to 80in/lb per DT. I know Patriot Valley Arms sells the tool, anyone tried it?
ft/lbs....80 ft/lbs

Reactions: Tack425