Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

BClrh

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2017
The mag will let you load long.

24.6 gr Varget under a 77 gr TMK at 2.480 oal got me an easy 2900 with a 5.5 SD, 75 ELD was almost exactly the same so that’s pretty much my recipe for the entire 77 class of bullets.

Not super fast but consistent and Lapua brass should last a very long time. It shot so well I honesty didn’t care to do anymore load dev and ran that. It’s fun to shoot a heavy 223 past 500.

Even my AR load shot like a dream. 23.2 XBR under a 75 bthp loaded to mag length in LC02 brass.

Start low and work to it.
Do you know what your coal is with the 75gr eldm touching the lands? What kind of jump have you had success with? I am supposed to have the long range chamber in mine but the 75gr eldm seems to be seated pretty deep in the case at the lands.

GMZ

Retired
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2007
PNW
Do you know what your coal is with the 75gr eldm touching the lands? What kind of jump have you had success with? I am supposed to have the long range chamber in mine but the 75gr eldm seems to be seated pretty deep in the case at the lands.
I’ll check and let you know, honestly don’t think I measured just went off what others with the kit were loading.

Reactions: BClrh

BClrh

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2017
My coal with 75gr eldm's is 2.415 and I was supposed to have the long range chamber. That puts the bullet pretty deep in the case.:(

canezach

House of Chingasos
Minuteman
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Colorado
    Anyone successfully running 6 Dasher in their SRS?
    Any input appreciated...
    Unless something has changed, feeding was mostly successful. The issue was ejection. The fired case would clear the chamber and barrel extension, but because it's so stubby, it wouldn't always exit the ejection port. Longer pieces of brass are still in contact with the barrel extension when the bolt is further back.

ChristianSilver

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2019
    East Texas
    Unless something has changed, feeding was mostly successful. The issue was ejection. The fired case would clear the chamber and barrel extension, but because it's so stubby, it wouldn't always exit the ejection port. Longer pieces of brass are still in contact with the barrel extension when the bolt is further back

Thanks, spoke to Ryan at SPR and he told me contact Mark at SAC’s. Maybe he can help.
    Really appreciate the feedback..

Reload10

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 21, 2018
    Has anyone received their es tactical barrels after getting the shipping notification 2 weeks ago?

• Sad
    Reactions: kevad68

GMZ

Retired
    Minuteman
    Mar 15, 2007
    PNW
    Has anyone received their es tactical barrels after getting the shipping notification 2 weeks ago?
    Lately a lot of places have printed the shipping label but not actually shipped it. Doing that generates the ship notification but it doesn’t move until delivered to the carrier.

Reactions: 65x55guy

kevad68

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Oct 22, 2012
    Northern KY
    Lately a lot of places have printed the shipping label but not actually shipped it. Doing that generates the ship notification but it doesn’t move until delivered to the carrier.
    Same situation with me. Shipping label was created on Jan. 21st but Fedx hasn't received anything yet. ES Tac has had my DTA .308 barrel order since August 13th. Sent him a few e-mails. First few got responses, just called today and left a message. Last e-mail mid-Jan. said he must have missed my order because he thought he was call caught up. Then got a tracking number e-mail out of the blue. Sent him a follow up on the tracking number about a week ago with no response.

I have to admit so far I'm disappointed. I know "life stuff" happens, but at least keep your customers aware of the issues and usually everything gets worked out. I had heard good things about ES-Tac barrels from a guy up in Michigan shooting them, and this is my first order, so I'm a a little underwhelmed with going WAY over the 2 month delivery statements and then not getting back to me with status updates.

Scopes

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Mar 2, 2017
    Southeast, NE
    Pink DT.jpg

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
    Minuteman
    Sep 19, 2010
    Texas
    The barrel I ordered in August showed up this morning. Looks good did not get the magazine that I ordered with it. I can now try out my A1. Been almost a year getting all the components to go with my slightly used chassis. The weather now needs to get better.

kevad68

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Oct 22, 2012
    Northern KY
    The barrel I ordered in August showed up this morning. Looks good did not get the magazine that I ordered with it. I can now try out my A1. Been almost a year getting all the components to go with my slightly used chassis. The weather now needs to get better.
    Just curious, when in August? My order went in August 13th.

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
    Minuteman
    Sep 19, 2010
    Texas
    Installing the barrel for the first time. When they say tighten from front to rear is the front the muzzle end or recoil pad end? I assume muzzle end? I have a 80 in/lb Fix it stick adapter. It doesn’t have any lines on it do I just tighten until it clicks?

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
    Minuteman
    Sep 19, 2010
    Texas
    Did you get any tracking number or did it just show up?
    Yes I got a tracking number on Monday. I got a email saying it shipped on Jan 10th but no tracking info. I sent a couple of emails and left a message. Then last Friday he sent me a email saying he was just getting back from reserve duty. Looks like it was finished right before he went out for reserve duty but did not ship.

rust4brains

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Oct 26, 2008
    Installing the barrel for the first time. When they say tighten from front to rear is the front the muzzle end or recoil pad end? I assume muzzle end? I have a 80 in/lb Fix it stick adapter. It doesn’t have any lines on it do I just tighten until it clicks?
    The front is the muzzle end. Yes, tighten until it clicks.
    R4B

jzerfoss

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jul 29, 2019
    WV and VA
    One thing I may have missed but is there a list of barrel manufacturers that do DT SRS specific blanks straight from them? The ones I know off the top of my head is Hawk Hill Custom, Proof Research, and Benchmark. What other manufacturers are doing direct order DT blanks?

coldboremiracle

Freelance Sharpshooter
    Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2009
    Utah, north
    www.coldboremiracle.com
    Front to rear or rear to front doesn't really matter, just do the same thing every time and you'll be fine. The Fix-it sticks dont click, they just spin once torque is reached.

Reactions: M77 and waveslayer

waveslayer

Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2012
    CA
    I took a small sharpie and labeled my screws 1-4 like the SPHUR mount. Then everyone, including myself follows the same pattern torquing down screws

Reactions: 65x55guy

ShadowGuy

Private
    Minuteman
    May 22, 2020
    From what I've read online the SRS-A2 has a fluted bolt but I cannot find any pictures of it. Am I wrong here or can someone post pictures of a fluted bolt?

Bigvern

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 6, 2018
    Hi guys
    looking for some advice on mount height.

I just ordered a SRS A2 Covert in FDE/FDE and would like to run my S&B PM2 in Rall8000 on it.
    is there any risk of having the front glass so close to the Muzzle?
    what height SPUHR should I get?

thanks

7mmShooter

Private
    Minuteman
    Jul 17, 2013
    New York
    Hi guys
    looking for some advice on mount height.

I just ordered a SRS A2 Covert in FDE/FDE and would like to run my S&B PM2 in Rall8000 on it.
    is there any risk of having the front glass so close to the Muzzle?
    what height SPUHR should I get?

thanks
    Only real risk is the lenses getting dirty from muzzle blast, and if I remember correctly the SRS is designed with a 1.5" scope height in mind

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
    Minuteman
    Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    I've had my SRS for over 10 years now and have been shooting it with a covert handguard exclusively since about 2012. The optic's objective ends pretty much right at the end of the handguard and I've got barrels from 16" to 36" and never in all these years have I had an issue with blast affecting the optic. This includes shorty .338LM and big bore 12.7x48mm.

Attachments

• WIlU5SG.jpg
      WIlU5SG.jpg
      72.3 KB · Views: 107
    • xbhSOu6.jpg
      xbhSOu6.jpg
      342.7 KB · Views: 98
    • yTkrtnq.jpg
      yTkrtnq.jpg
      517.2 KB · Views: 102

Raven34

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Dec 13, 2009
    South Western, PA
    I've had my SRS for over 10 years now and have been shooting it with a covert handguard exclusively since about 2012. The optic's objective ends pretty much right at the end of the handguard and I've got barrels from 16" to 36" and never in all these years have I had an issue with blast affecting the optic. This includes shorty .338LM and big bore 12.7x48mm.
    I think you should sell me that 12.7x48!!:cool:

Raven34

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Dec 13, 2009
    South Western, PA
    I have a question for my Canadian friends. I'm heading to BC next year for moose and would really like to take my SRS. Is there any restrictions on these besides the barrel length and overall length? Are they non-restricted firearms?

BClrh

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 16, 2017
    I have a question for my Canadian friends. I'm heading to BC next year for moose and would really like to take my SRS. Is there any restrictions on these besides the barrel length and overall length? Are they non-restricted firearms?
    At the moment they are non restricted and will be good to go for hunting.

Reactions: Raven34

st1650

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 13, 2009
    No problem as long as the OAL is over 26". My 16" 308 covert oal is 28" with a small comp. No legal problem with mag over 5 rnds as it's a bolt gun as well. It's a great hunting platform for BC.

Reactions: Raven34

Bigvern

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 6, 2018
    Awesome, thanks for that

Reload10

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 21, 2018
    One thing to remember with the covert- you can never run a cnvd if you like to play at night.