• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

****Adjustable Butt Pads****
just FYI, I have spoken with Mark at SAC and he said that they have everting in-house to make them a production item with the exception of the actual recoil pad. The cost for a custom mold was pretty high. The custom mold would make it so that SAC wouldn’t have to hand fit every one. They are considering making them again but they are pondering the cost/benefit factor of the project. If I hear anything more I will keep everyone posted.

There are so many pad options out there that I'm not sure why they wouldn't pick one and make the plate to fit one.

What is everyone using for a case or bag?
I have The Case club pre-cut. I wished it had a little more space I have the elite iron Bipod and it wont fit.

View attachment 7519730
I have the case club set up too. I have data books, ammo, tools etc that always travel with me so I don’t mind it not holding everything. I also purchased a very cheap double sided soft case to run to my range so I didn’t have to lug the heavier case.

Reactions: joemusso
Running a Triad Tactical - padded case .
Fits the DT excellent and holds 3 conversions in the front pocket .
I have Velcroed it in and it works great
Heavy as fuck with 3 barrels but functional

There's only two sizes short action and long , you are good to go with what you posted

There's only two sizes short action and long , you are good to go with what you posted
That's just it, I posted what appears to be two different items:

item=2490 -- "SRS Magazine - 300NM, 338NM, 7mm" -- "Compatible with Magnum calibers: 300 Norma Mag, .338 Norma Mag, 7mm"

item=2191 -- "SRS Magazine - Long Action" -- "Compatible with Magnum calibers: .338 LM, 300 WM, 300 Win Hunt, 7mm WSM, 300 RUM & .338 Norma Mag"

They both say they're compatible with 338 Norma Mag.

I figured someone at DT is just bad at the interwebs, but when I add them to cart, they have different SKUs:
1609873943730.png

Are they really the same thing? I sent DT an email, but who knows if I'll ever hear back from them.

My SRS is approaching 5K rounds through it and has experienced a fair amount of field use. So far it hasn't skipped a beat. How many rounds do some of you guys have on your chassis? I was wondering what people's experience with the platform is when it comes to longevity and what parts wear out as round counts go up, other than obviously barrels. Are chassis holding up with changing the barrels and repeatedly tightening and loosening the barrel's clamp bolts? Anyone have problems with trigger, bolt components, or other moving parts failing? I seem to remember a while back someone having an issue with the extractor but that case sounded like pilot's error. Curious to hear the experience of those with hard used platforms that have shot 10k or more rounds.

I bought mine in late 2009 and have used it for about 6 of my own conversions and all the barrels I make for others have been test fired in my chassis to check chambers. I swapped out the skins in about 2012 when I bought the monopod I should have had put on when I ordered the rifle. I put the short Covert handguard on when they started selling them separately. I've not worn out anything, never replaced the barrel index pin, haven't broken the buttpad locking lugs and the trigger is still fantastic. I keep a shot log for my barrels but haven't been keeping track of customer barrels I've tested or shot for any reason. I am on my second 338 Lapua barrel ..... my guess is about like Dogtowns. Somewhere north of 10K so far.

Frank

ES-Tactical barrel arrived (18”, 6.5 creedmoor, medium Palma with some fluting).... first two, 5 round groups down the barrel, the one high round in the second group was a called shot by me. Without the called shot, both groups were sub 1/2 moa (I did fire another round to make sure I got a 5 round group) with the called shot it was .74 moa. As always the rifle shoots better than I can!
Ammo were some 140gr Berger hand loads I developed for a Tikka I used to own. Got 2625 ft/sec average with them. This barrel seems to like them as well.

Attachments

• A3DA1085-3AD5-4F9F-98F6-F62761044328.jpeg
    A3DA1085-3AD5-4F9F-98F6-F62761044328.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 4B4717B3-95F4-4263-8271-1732968F1F5B.jpeg
    4B4717B3-95F4-4263-8271-1732968F1F5B.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 95C59476-D33D-4600-BC1E-4208178584CE.jpeg
    95C59476-D33D-4600-BC1E-4208178584CE.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 65
I have gotten several barrels from ES and everyone has been a shooter. They are 1/2 but if I do my part they will get down around 1/4.

View attachment 7519403
Ran a ladder test with H1000 and 230 Atips in the 300NM. Went from 80gr to 85.6gr in .4gr increments. Velocity went from 2550fps to 2745fps. There was a faint ejector mark at 85.6 but felt nothing on bolt lift or extraction. I don't think I will run any higher than that. Lapua brass can take alot of pressure before you feel anything on the bolt.

Potential sweet spots at 82.4gr, 2625fps ---
83.8gr, 2680fps --- 85gr, 2725fps.

I need to run it through again and see what shakes out.
Quick question: you notice any fouling on your scope's front lens with the brake being so close to it?

Reactions: deersniper
Quick question: you notice any fouling on your scope's front lens with the brake being so close to it?
I was keeping an eye on that and there wasn't any for the first 20 rounds or so. I haven't checked it after my last couple range trips, but I will take a look. It is a side port brake as well so that would help.

MGW also has quite a bit of DT parts in stock including mags. My order shipped within 48 hrs.

spring, pins, screw, bolt repair kits might come in very handy in the future.

The main reason I posted that link is that Oakland Tactical has the 8 RD magazines (DT-SRS-MG-BH) for $89.95, while that magazine is roughly $140.00 everywhere else. I believe it is currently $137.15 on MGW.

Reactions: deersniper and GMZ
How long are they? Any chance you could get a picture of it in the chassis?

Will it work for 300 PRC?

Here you go. This is with a .300 PRC round inserted, and it came in the typical DT packaging. The one pictured came from Oakland Tactical along with 2 more, and appear to be a DT factory magnum 8 round mag. It’s a great deal, $50.00 less than retail. I personally think they simply priced it wrong by mistake.

Attachments

• A13BC593-0DD1-4959-881E-9B8A37E0D0C0.jpeg
    A13BC593-0DD1-4959-881E-9B8A37E0D0C0.jpeg
    574.1 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 145
Oakland Tactical are good to work with. They are local to me and always have a few A1/A2, MDR, and other high end stuff on the gun rack. In-stock suppressors, high end optics, etc. they have been a DT dealer for a while and they are members on the hide. There is no reason to doubt what you see for sale on their website.

Heading up to British Columbia in October of 2022 for some moose and mule deer. I was thinking about getting a 300 PRC barrel or a 300 norma barrel for my a1. What are your guys thoughts on caliber and barrel length. I have been seeing some 18 inch barrels in those calibers and the shorter barrels are my cup of tee. What are your thoughts?

What bore guide y’all using? I have a Possum Hollow (can’t remember the number) that works well for my 6.5cm... getting a 450bm from SAC spun up.. wondering which one I should get for that chambering or if I should just buy the DT guide

Heading up to British Columbia in October of 2022 for some moose and mule deer. I was thinking about getting a 300 PRC barrel or a 300 norma barrel for my a1. What are your guys thoughts on caliber and barrel length. I have been seeing some 18 inch barrels in those calibers and the shorter barrels are my cup of tee. What are your thoughts?
It all depends on how much energy you will need at a certain distance. I love my short barrels but I kept the 26" length when I went from 300wm to PRC because I like energy farther down range. Its still a manageable piece of kit in our bullpup chassis.

If you are going to go short, you might as well go Norma and get as much energy as you can. Be prepared for the concussion.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
What bore guide y’all using? I have a Possum Hollow (can’t remember the number) that works well for my 6.5cm... getting a 450bm from SAC spun up.. wondering which one I should get for that chambering or if I should just buy the DT guide

The Possum Hollow is a fine bore guide. The factory bore guide, not so much... Just call PH and get one made.

I’ve got a 20” .300 prc, getting 2880fps with 212’s. Puts the smack down on elk.
if you shoot suppressed that will need to be a consideration in chamberings and length.

Reactions: waveslayer
The main reason I posted that link is that Oakland Tactical has the 8 RD magazines (DT-SRS-MG-BH) for $89.95, while that magazine is roughly $140.00 everywhere else. I believe it is currently $137.15 on MGW.
Looks like they raised the price to $137 for those!

I find it a lot easier to clean the barrels removed from the chassis and found the Barrel Off Bore Guides from 21st Century my favorite

Looks like they raised the price to $137 for those!

When I ordered them, they were actually on $63.00 a piece. I called to make sure they were the legitimate DT magazines because I was skeptical of the pricing and was told that the pricing was DT's new price point, however I told them they might want to take another look into that. They ended up immediately changing the price to $89.95, but I assumed it wouldn't last long.

When I ordered them, they were actually on $63.00 a piece. I called to make sure they were the legitimate DT magazines because I was skeptical of the pricing and was told that the pricing was DT's new price point, however I told them they might want to take another look into that. They ended up immediately changing the price to $89.95, but I assumed it wouldn't last long.
Have a link? Not finding it that cheap

Question for those that have an A2 chassis. I received an 88.5” inch lb torque wrench with my new A2 chassis.

I saw where another member reported they also received the same roughly a year ago. The manual states to not go over 80 inch lbs.

I find it odd they would include a torque wrench that would be outside of their recommended torque values. I assume It’s good to use?

Yeah, they have been sending those 88.5 in/lbs out for a while. They are fine to use but I have found them to be extremely inconsistent. Get a Borka or Seekonk or Fix it Sticks and call it good.

I’ve got a 20” .300 prc, getting 2880fps with 212’s. Puts the smack down on elk.
if you shoot suppressed that will need to be a consideration in chamberings and length.
i do shoot mainly suppressed, but i have to look up the regulations in Canada to see if i would be able to use my suppressor there.

i do shoot mainly suppressed, but i have to look up the regulations in Canada to see if i would be able to use my suppressor there.
Nothing cool is allowed in Canada. I’m gonna completely guess our beloved cans are a big no no over there, but I could be wrong