• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Do you know what your coal is with the 75gr eldm touching the lands? What kind of jump have you had success with? I am supposed to have the long range chamber in mine but the 75gr eldm seems to be seated pretty deep in the case at the lands.
I’ll check and let you know, honestly don’t think I measured just went off what others with the kit were loading.

Reactions: BClrh
My coal with 75gr eldm's is 2.415 and I was supposed to have the long range chamber. That puts the bullet pretty deep in the case.:(

Anyone successfully running 6 Dasher in their SRS?
Any input appreciated...
Unless something has changed, feeding was mostly successful. The issue was ejection. The fired case would clear the chamber and barrel extension, but because it's so stubby, it wouldn't always exit the ejection port. Longer pieces of brass are still in contact with the barrel extension when the bolt is further back.

Unless something has changed, feeding was mostly successful. The issue was ejection. The fired case would clear the chamber and barrel extension, but because it's so stubby, it wouldn't always exit the ejection port. Longer pieces of brass are still in contact with the barrel extension when the bolt is further back

Thanks, spoke to Ryan at SPR and he told me contact Mark at SAC’s. Maybe he can help.
Really appreciate the feedback..

Has anyone received their es tactical barrels after getting the shipping notification 2 weeks ago?

• Sad
Reactions: kevad68
Has anyone received their es tactical barrels after getting the shipping notification 2 weeks ago?
Lately a lot of places have printed the shipping label but not actually shipped it. Doing that generates the ship notification but it doesn’t move until delivered to the carrier.

Reactions: 65x55guy
Lately a lot of places have printed the shipping label but not actually shipped it. Doing that generates the ship notification but it doesn’t move until delivered to the carrier.
Same situation with me. Shipping label was created on Jan. 21st but Fedx hasn't received anything yet. ES Tac has had my DTA .308 barrel order since August 13th. Sent him a few e-mails. First few got responses, just called today and left a message. Last e-mail mid-Jan. said he must have missed my order because he thought he was call caught up. Then got a tracking number e-mail out of the blue. Sent him a follow up on the tracking number about a week ago with no response.

I have to admit so far I'm disappointed. I know "life stuff" happens, but at least keep your customers aware of the issues and usually everything gets worked out. I had heard good things about ES-Tac barrels from a guy up in Michigan shooting them, and this is my first order, so I'm a a little underwhelmed with going WAY over the 2 month delivery statements and then not getting back to me with status updates.

Pink DT.jpg

The barrel I ordered in August showed up this morning. Looks good did not get the magazine that I ordered with it. I can now try out my A1. Been almost a year getting all the components to go with my slightly used chassis. The weather now needs to get better.

The barrel I ordered in August showed up this morning. Looks good did not get the magazine that I ordered with it. I can now try out my A1. Been almost a year getting all the components to go with my slightly used chassis. The weather now needs to get better.
Just curious, when in August? My order went in August 13th.

Installing the barrel for the first time. When they say tighten from front to rear is the front the muzzle end or recoil pad end? I assume muzzle end? I have a 80 in/lb Fix it stick adapter. It doesn’t have any lines on it do I just tighten until it clicks?

Did you get any tracking number or did it just show up?
Yes I got a tracking number on Monday. I got a email saying it shipped on Jan 10th but no tracking info. I sent a couple of emails and left a message. Then last Friday he sent me a email saying he was just getting back from reserve duty. Looks like it was finished right before he went out for reserve duty but did not ship.

Installing the barrel for the first time. When they say tighten from front to rear is the front the muzzle end or recoil pad end? I assume muzzle end? I have a 80 in/lb Fix it stick adapter. It doesn’t have any lines on it do I just tighten until it clicks?
The front is the muzzle end. Yes, tighten until it clicks.
R4B

One thing I may have missed but is there a list of barrel manufacturers that do DT SRS specific blanks straight from them? The ones I know off the top of my head is Hawk Hill Custom, Proof Research, and Benchmark. What other manufacturers are doing direct order DT blanks?

Front to rear or rear to front doesn't really matter, just do the same thing every time and you'll be fine. The Fix-it sticks dont click, they just spin once torque is reached.

Reactions: M77 and waveslayer
I took a small sharpie and labeled my screws 1-4 like the SPHUR mount. Then everyone, including myself follows the same pattern torquing down screws

Reactions: 65x55guy
From what I've read online the SRS-A2 has a fluted bolt but I cannot find any pictures of it. Am I wrong here or can someone post pictures of a fluted bolt?

Hi guys
looking for some advice on mount height.

I just ordered a SRS A2 Covert in FDE/FDE and would like to run my S&B PM2 in Rall8000 on it.
is there any risk of having the front glass so close to the Muzzle?
what height SPUHR should I get?

thanks

Hi guys
looking for some advice on mount height.

I just ordered a SRS A2 Covert in FDE/FDE and would like to run my S&B PM2 in Rall8000 on it.
is there any risk of having the front glass so close to the Muzzle?
what height SPUHR should I get?

thanks
Only real risk is the lenses getting dirty from muzzle blast, and if I remember correctly the SRS is designed with a 1.5" scope height in mind

I've had my SRS for over 10 years now and have been shooting it with a covert handguard exclusively since about 2012. The optic's objective ends pretty much right at the end of the handguard and I've got barrels from 16" to 36" and never in all these years have I had an issue with blast affecting the optic. This includes shorty .338LM and big bore 12.7x48mm.

Attachments

• WIlU5SG.jpg
    WIlU5SG.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 147
  • xbhSOu6.jpg
    xbhSOu6.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 139
  • yTkrtnq.jpg
    yTkrtnq.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 137
I've had my SRS for over 10 years now and have been shooting it with a covert handguard exclusively since about 2012. The optic's objective ends pretty much right at the end of the handguard and I've got barrels from 16" to 36" and never in all these years have I had an issue with blast affecting the optic. This includes shorty .338LM and big bore 12.7x48mm.
I think you should sell me that 12.7x48!!:cool:

I have a question for my Canadian friends. I'm heading to BC next year for moose and would really like to take my SRS. Is there any restrictions on these besides the barrel length and overall length? Are they non-restricted firearms?

I have a question for my Canadian friends. I'm heading to BC next year for moose and would really like to take my SRS. Is there any restrictions on these besides the barrel length and overall length? Are they non-restricted firearms?
At the moment they are non restricted and will be good to go for hunting.

Reactions: Raven34
No problem as long as the OAL is over 26". My 16" 308 covert oal is 28" with a small comp. No legal problem with mag over 5 rnds as it's a bolt gun as well. It's a great hunting platform for BC.

Reactions: Raven34
Awesome, thanks for that

@Dogtown What bipod are you using there and what is the weight on the scale? I can't get the picture to clear up on my computer

One thing to remember with the covert- you can never run a cnvd if you like to play at night.