• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Th

Does that come with a guarantee Tucson?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does that come with a guarantee Tucson? </div></div>

Looks to me like a sz.13 guarantee at least.

TD-
I have yet to do the "stand on rifle break-in." I think that will be next week. I will also have to try the:

Use rifle as a hammer test
Use rifle as a pry bar test
Run over rifle with my truck test
Under water accuracy test
wink.gif

BTW thanks for all of the input so far guys, I appreciate it. I did double check to make sure the suppressor was tight. It is still at the dealers as my form 4 has not been approved. Hopefully I will have it in my hands for some more testing. Like I mentioned I did not have much time to mess around with everything.

crap............

Another update. This POI shift thing is wearing me thin....

I went back and started checking stuff.

edit: Deleted

Ryan

Has anyone tried shooting the Lehigh .338 245gr solids yet? They're pretty long, but still fit the magazine and throat just fine. I'm going to try working up a load with RL25 and see if they'll outperform the 250 Scenar.

I thought you generally needed the barrel setup a certain for solids in any caliber?

Well, there is a bore spec that is designed for shooting the softer LRBT-style copper/nickel solids, but the solid brass ones from Lehigh are a different setup - hybrid borerider. I thought I'd experiment since I've already got the 250 Scenar working well to a mile.

Whats your load for the 250 scenars?

250 Scenar
Lapua Brass
Fed 215M
94gr Reloader 25
COAL 3.694" COAL

Gives me about 2980fps. This is right on the edge of pressure signs for me, so start lower and work up.

lol Dogtown....QuickLoad says you should be dead.

How many reloads are you getting out of the brass?

You could say that about some of the best loads. I worked up to it and it shoots fine. The only time I saw pressure signs was when I neck sized the brass for the second go around and discovered the chamber was pretty tight (ie FL size every time).

Patches,

Did you get everything sorted out? If not give me a call if you want and I can go over all the different torque and untorqued test that have been done here.

Thanks

Later-

I don't have your number so I sent you a PM. My number is attached if you would like to give me a shout.

Thanks

Later, get those Keebler elves out there making .338 magazines so I can get my rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats your load for the 250 scenars?</div></div>

This is way over factory recommend.

Using this in my SRS with small signs of pressure, it is similar in ballistics to the 300 grain at 2900 fps (minus energy and wind)

Federal 215M primer,
New Lapua Brass, VV N560,
16.2 g /250 gr Secnar, 3.75 OAL

92.5 grains = 3110 fps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later-

I don't have your number so I sent you a PM. My number is attached if you would like to give me a shout.

Thanks</div></div>

Patches,

It was nice talking with you the other day. Let me know if you have any more questions, just shoot me a PM anytime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later, get those Keebler elves out there making .338 magazines so I can get my rifle.</div></div>

Roger
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Patches,

It was nice talking with you the other day. Let me know if you have any more questions, just shoot me a PM anytime.

</div></div>

Nice talking with you as well. I learned a lot in our conversation. I just picked up my silencer today. The form 4 finally came back approved! I should get started with some testing in the next couple weeks.

Also, I'll try to get some pics of the SRS with the AAC cyclone.

A couple pics of the SRS with an AAC Cyclone and a new Gunslinger 2 in unicam from a hide sponsor.

385300789.jpg

385300788.jpg

I realize I have no camera skills so I'll probably stick to selling machines.....

Dahhhhhhh, stop posting pictures Ryan!!! JK
wink.gif

Looks awesome bud!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dahhhhhhh, stop posting pictures Ryan!!! JK
wink.gif

Looks awesome bud! </div></div>

Keith-
I've been told that, "this set up with some CorBon subsonic it the most fun you can have with your pants on".... Now I'm sure it's a good time, but I've had some pretty crazy times while wearing pants.... I guess we'll find out this weekend.

I'm still waiting to see some finished pics of your latest build..... but I won't give away any of the details. All's I can say to those reading is that it's going to be sick!

My offer still stands if you want to try before you buy.
smile.gif

Hi Patches.

Do you have any photos of the DTS inside the scabbard of the Gunslinger 2. This is a set up I am considering and wondered how well the rifle fitted.

thanks in advance.

Ewen

Patches, could you tell more about those "CorBon subsonic"? Please?

308 Win 185gr Performance Match FMJ-RBT Subsonic
[PM308S185-20]
$35.48

Off their website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">308 Win 185gr Performance Match FMJ-RBT Subsonic
[PM308S185-20]
$35.48

Off their website. </div></div>

That would be them.

What is the inside diameter of the fore rail. Just wondering if you can cut the barrel back and still get a 1-5/8 suppressor inside the rail.

Thanks,
Trilogymac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the inside diameter of the fore rail. Just wondering if you can cut the barrel back and still get a 1-5/8 suppressor inside the rail.

Thanks,
Trilogymac </div></div>

Mine measures right about 1.4" So thats probably a no on trying to put a suppressor inside it. Why you'd want to do that I don't know. With my suppressor on mine is about the length of a 16" AR.

Thanks!
My thought was a covert with a long rail.

Trilogymac

I inquired about the same thing when I ordered mine. I was told that it may be in the plans for the future to have a slightly larger ID for the forend. A 18" 308 barrel with suppressor would only extend the OAL of the weapon by 4" over the standard 22" barrel
smile.gif

Superde,
Thats were I was heading. Did yours show up yet? Did you get the .308 kit with it? If I'm not mistaken, you ordered a .338.
I have been toying with the idea of selling a couple of rifles and getting one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Superde,
Thats were I was heading. Did yours show up yet? Did you get the .308 kit with it? If I'm not mistaken, you ordered a .338.
I have been toying with the idea of selling a couple of rifles and getting one.

</div></div>

You won't be sorry. I have the .243,.308 long and short,and .338 Money well spent

Thanks Dave.
Guess I'll get on the phone in the AM.
grin.gif

I ordered the .338 for now. Hopefully it will be here this week. The extra mag and rail covers were on back order, but I told them last week to go ahead and ship the rifle.

I plan on getting a .308 barrel for it as well, but I might wait to see if the larger ID forearm will become available anytime soon before I decide on length.

We'll have to get together so you can check it out. Maybe weekend after next.

Bill,

Just picked it up at the FFL, and it is very nice. I'll have to get the scope mounted up tonight.

Later,

Any idea when the updated price list is going to be out.

Pics and initial impressions superde!!!

Ordered one this afternoonin .308.

Going to be a loooong 6 weeks.

superde and trilogymac y'all are gonna be the death of me. I've been wanting a SRS ever since I first heard about them a few years ago. I need to sell a a few other guns first before I can get one though.

Y'all aren't that far away, maybe y'all could come out one day when I get my berm and shooting platform built. Should be able to get to 1600 easy and around 1900 when I trim up a few trees.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going to be a loooong 6 weeks.</div></div>

I bet! Waiting sucks more then spending the money.

So heres a question. Maybe it has been covered before. My questions is why does the butt plate extend up above the stock area?

Shane

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brakes were as follows:

DTA .338LM I like this brake alot. It is a little louder than the OpsInc .338LM but it is way easier to follow thru and spot your own hits.

OpsInc .338LM This brake is slightly quieter than the DTA brake but I would rather deal with noise and be able to remain on target and spot my own hits.

OpsInc .308 I really had nothing to compare this one to that day being my other .308 barrel is not braked.

Left Handed Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A2O565kBkQ

Thanks</div></div>

Mr Later, how did your brake compare to the suppressor in the pic? I plan on doing a 338 and 308 and use a 338 can as suedo brake. Thanks in advance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pics and initial impressions superde!!!

Ordered one this afternoonin .308.

Going to be a loooong 6 weeks. </div></div>

I cannot seem to locate the usb cable that connects my old Sony digital camera to my computer.

I like the rifle a lot so far. I'll have to get my, new to me, Prometheus 1 going. The OAL of the rifle is really hard to appreciate till you put it in your hands. The .308 will be like a AR carbine (but not weight wise). I have definitely gone shorter, and a little lighter.

It ended up taking about 2 months on mine, due to an extra .338 magazine and ladder rail covers on backorder. I can do with one magazine and no rail covers for now. I don't think you'll be sorry that you got this setup. Like I said, maybe next weekend we could get together to shoot. I'll have to see if I can get a load worked up.

Now I just need to keep my 7 WSM build on track, and not spend that money on a .308 barrel for this rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later,

Any idea when the updated price list is going to be out.</div></div>

DB: I do not know right offhand. Ethan would be the guy to call and talk with about that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So heres a question. Maybe it has been covered before. My questions is why does the butt plate extend up above the stock area?
Shane</div></div>

Not sure of the official "why" but it makes taking the buttpad off to change the bolts out much easier by being raised and giving me something to "hit" down to unlock the buttpad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mprtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mr Later, how did your brake compare to the suppressor in the pic? I plan on doing a 338 and 308 and use a 338 can as suedo brake. Thanks in advance.</div></div>

No Mr here lol..I just a normal worker bee
smile.gif
Suppressors are way better than any muzzle brake. You will be ahead of the game by just running the 338 suppressor on both your 338LM and 308 than a normal muzzle brake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now I just need to keep my 7 WSM build on track, and not spend that money on a .308 barrel for this rifle.</div></div>

LMAO--why not just put that 7WSM into your SRS system??

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now I just need to keep my 7 WSM build on track, and not spend that money on a .308 barrel for this rifle.</div></div>

LMAO--why not just put that 7WSM into your SRS system??

Thanks </div></div>

Because I just got delivery of my edge fill stock from McMillan yesterday to almost complete my collection of parts (If I could get ahold of Seekins and get the DBM I'd have them all). My SRS will be going to West Texas with me this year for hunting as well. But I think the 8-9lb scoped WSM will be on my back while hiking LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So heres a question. Maybe it has been covered before. My questions is why does the butt plate extend up above the stock area?

Shane </div></div>

I don't own a srs yet but it looks like maybe it would make prone shooting a little more comfortable having a little more contact area on your shoulder. Unfortunately I haven't been able to handle or shoot one.

Superde,
What scope did you put on the SRS and what is the empty weight?

Bill

My SRS .308 22" barrel with Premier Heritage Scope 5 x 25 x 56mm is about 13 Lbs. A bit of a hand full with the PH but thats for going long past a 1000 yds with .338, still handles well. I use a 3-12 x 50mm when running .308 which is a little lighter.

13lbs sounds a little light with the Premier 5-25 on it. When I checked mine 22" 308 with 5-25 and AAC 762sd, no mag it came in about 18-19lbs.

I will have to put on scales again, but listed weight SRS 22" is 11.4 LB and the PH is 39 oz ( 2.43LB) Total 13.83 of course I would have to add the rings. Its alot light than my AIAW 24" at 17 with scope but I will check