• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Th

Sorry mine also has the Atlas bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for you pic buffs
smile.gif
NOTE: This is prototype model from LR Accuracy. Dave assures me that the production model has few modifications that well make this thing even better..adjustable length legs, lighter weight, etc etc

img_0008.jpg

img_0012.jpg

img_0009.jpg

img_0010.jpg
</div></div>

Tagged for updates-I want one on my lunar shuttle
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Superde,
What scope did you put on the SRS and what is the empty weight?

Bill

</div></div>

Bill,

Rifle, S&B 5-25, DTA 40MOA scope mount, Atlas Bipod, TAB sling, empty mag = 17.1 lbs in .338 Lapua on my bathroom scale. So I lost 2.4 lbs and 11.5" in length from my AWSM.

Sounds Great.
Do you have a .338 suppressor?
Is the scope base steel or Aluminum?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So heres a question. Maybe it has been covered before. My questions is why does the butt plate extend up above the stock area?

Shane </div></div>

I don't own a srs yet but it looks like maybe it would make prone shooting a little more comfortable having a little more contact area on your shoulder. Unfortunately I haven't been able to handle or shoot one. </div></div>

No idea if that was the design purpose, but the SRS shoots very comfortably. Fits well, the chassis is great. I'm a bit recoil sensitive at times, and putting a boxe of Lapua 250 Scenars was comfortable. Felt like I was just getting warmed up and then ran out of ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds Great.
Do you have a .338 suppressor?
Is the scope base steel or Aluminum? </div></div>

I don't own a .338 can currently. I don't know on the scope base (aluminum maybe?). I was so excited when I got it, I just slapped it all together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was so excited when I got it, I just slapped it all together. </div></div>

I have this pic of you buzzsawing thru the boxes.
grin.gif

Was daydreaming last night about how handy that "covert" might be. <34" w/suppressor. Would be nice in the truck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So heres a question. Maybe it has been covered before. My questions is why does the butt plate extend up above the stock area?

Shane </div></div>

I don't own a srs yet but it looks like maybe it would make prone shooting a little more comfortable having a little more contact area on your shoulder. Unfortunately I haven't been able to handle or shoot one.</div></div>

Newguy, is correct in his assumption, that's what Nick Young told me at the Cup when I asked about the butt plate.

Superde, you need a biathlon sling to carry that rifle, hiking will be a breeze.

Buttplate extends above the stock line for low prone shooting, it keeps the rifle from sliding down your shoulder.

Ok here's a question I have about the srs.

Can it run a long action standard boltface cartridge like a 30-06 for instance. The 308 mags have a plate that holds them to the front and limits oal to around 3" right?

So would you bend the feed lips on a 300wm magazine or can the plate be removed from the 308 mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok here's a question I have about the srs.

Can it run a long action standard boltface cartridge like a 30-06 for instance. The 308 mags have a plate that holds them to the front and limits oal to around 3" right?

So would you bend the feed lips on a 300wm magazine or can the plate be removed from the 308 mags? </div></div>

They have the ability to manufacture multiple other calibers and those are all in development. I suspect that in the next 3-6 months it will all be available and marketed heavily. I just picked up my 2nd SRS last week and DAMN am i more impressed than ever. The fitted Storm cases and just the overall fit and finish is SPECTACULAR. There was a great article written in this months Tactical Weapons magazine.

I feel that with the new Covert, Hunter and HTI line of weapons coming to the market one by one over the next few months that DTA will truly be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.

Great job Nick!! Keep the cool Kit coming...

I have a question to you experienced SRS owners. Is there an adjustment for overtravel on the trigger? The trigger is great except the overtravel is pretty long. In the book I didn't see that there is an adjustment for this.

You guys pushed me over the edge.

The next 6-8 weeks are going to be torture. Thank god it's fishing season.

Welcome to the club.

It has no over travel, I call and asked if there was some way to modify. It is one of the things I wish they had, its gave me problems for some time. I have had to modify my follow thru, for me tripping the trigger and stoping did not work, finally continuing to squeeze the trigger and watch that you maintain rear preasure on the pistol grip worked.

Guys, there was an episode about us that aired on the Outdoor channel during the American Guardian TV series, don't know if anyone saw it. Unfortunately I don't have the outdoor channel so I was hoping someone else DVR'd it and could send us a copy.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is photo comparison for you guys
smile.gif

16" barreled Covert and HK MP5

photo.jpg
</div></div>

Lets see here should I say "ASSHOLE" or "Thats fucking sick"

Damn. If that was only a semi auto.....

We were out shooting the covert at 700 yards yesterday and rounds grouped as well as the full sized srs with 22" barrel. The covert is a lot funner than I thought it would be! The thing handles and feels a lot like an MP5 too, it feels weird shooting the thing off a bipod at 700 yards, can't help but smile.
laugh.gif

Sigh...I've had to start an HTI <span style="font-style: italic">and</span> a Covert fund.

Dogtown, what do you want to accomplish with 50BMG that a normal 338LM won't do for you?
smile.gif

For otherwise SRS would seem a better (more versatile) choice.

My .338LM SRS is good to a mile, but I'm looking forward to a .375 HTI...I'm not shooting engine blocks in the Sand Box - no need for .50BMG
wink.gif

Just wanted to give out a little info if anybody was wondering about the Cor Bon subsonic .308 rounds. I had a chance to get out to my range this weekend and do a little bit of testing. If you are considering this ammunition, I would say that overall it is very nice. 185 grain secnar and lapua brass. I don't know what kind of powderer it is, but its definably not trail boss. The powered is very loose inside the case. I had good results concerning accuracy and with the DTA SRS and AAC cyclone it is insanely quiet. A good number to start with when re-zeroing or compensating for the subsonic load is 12" higher compared to your regular load (mine is 168gr FGMM). I was a little surprised that it was a 12" difference but "it is what it is" and this ammo is a blast to shoot. "Hollywood quiet."

Hope this info helps somebody.

Noticed where someone said serial numbers started with 1000. Hell, just noticed I got number 1003. Just got back from the range this morning, this thing is a dream to shoot. For me, never owning a bolt action before this one, makes shooting one in an a5 configuration awkward. This rifle holds its own with anything at the range, period. Olny thing that would be better is find a range where the ammo is free ( and the targets dont shoot back).

Ah SGJ, that seems to be the problem: when/where the ammo is free - the targets usually do try to repay the favor by shooting back at you!
smile.gif

But then - what's a few grams of inexpensive metals between friends?
smile.gif

Dogtown, did you try your 338LM SRS on distances beyond one mile? If so - how did it behave?

Not yet, mouse, but soon. I needed 17.1 mils to get to a mile with my load. My guess is that I could reasonably get to 1900 yards but that's probably about the limit for the 250 Scenars. I'm going to try a load using N560 to push them a bit faster but honestly if I can't get to 2000 yards, I'm not too worried - that's when my future HTI can take over
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is photo comparison for you guys
smile.gif

16" barreled Covert and HK MP5

photo.jpg
</div></div>

Lets see here should I say "ASSHOLE" or "Thats fucking sick" </div></div>

In my opinion both would apply

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2uWxQC3Yk8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2uWxQC3Yk8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceCQMHAWjKA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceCQMHAWjKA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o1r9z98Njpg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o1r9z98Njpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tXFuN36LVE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tXFuN36LVE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

TD-

Thanks for the video and input. I was considering a AWC for my 338 and this set me over the top.

The videos are impressive except for the lack of Italian sport cars, female nudity, sand rails, and motorcycles that I have grown to love and expect from you.

Keep em coming! Always interesting to watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We were out shooting the covert at 700 yards yesterday and rounds grouped as well as the full sized srs with 22" barrel. The covert is a lot funner than I thought it would be! The thing handles and feels a lot like an MP5 too, it feels weird shooting the thing off a bipod at 700 yards, can't help but smile.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

OK. Nick... Your killing me here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TD-

Thanks for the video and input. I was considering a AWC for my 338 and this set me over the top.

The videos are impressive except for the lack of Italian sport cars, female nudity, sand rails, and motorcycles that I have grown to love and expect from you.

Keep em coming! Always interesting to watch. </div></div>

That other stuff is too hard to drag out there. Except SG,she comes willingly.

Got the Fed Ex notification today. The .308 will be here Wednesday!

Today is approx. 2 weeks from order date.

Trilogymac

Congrats!

Now if that UPS truck would stop by my house with my die replacement parts...

AverageJoe, Covert's are entering production now and should be shipping in 60 days.
smile.gif

These rifles appeal to me in such a crazy way. I believe it to be my next purchase this year. I have talked with desert tactical arms about a few things and I was informed they now use mostly lother walther barrels over the krieger because he claimed they got 20% better accuracy. Just some neat info to pass along!

Well I finally got out and shot the DTA yesturday. After a by eye boresight I was Zero'd in 3 rounds. When I was ordering the rifle I was concerned about the non adjustable cheek rest. No bolt rifle without one has ever worked for me. When I got it and laid down behind it it seemed ok. When it came to actually shooting it, it was even better. On the deck at the range I was able to lay down and get a better NPA on this rifle than the AI it replaced.If I had to venture a guess why, it would be that the cheek rest area is thinner on the DTA than the adjustable pad on the AI allowing my big melon to get more behind the scope. The rifle its self shot great. I have the 30moa mount and had to pull the cap off the S&B and dial it back past the stop 4 mill to get on paper at 100. Im 5 clicks off the absolute bottom of the scope adjustment. Would it be better for my scope to zero for 300 and use a 1.5 mill hold under for 100 to keep the internals a little more off the bottom? Dont see much 100yd shooting in this rifles future. I tried playing with the trigger adjustments a bit. I turned down the adjustment for the trigger but it did not feel like it reduced it, only changed where it released. In other words from the factory it released at movement. After turning it down, it bacame more like a two stage with take up then release. Thinking about how I went about it, should I have turned it down and then adjusted all the creep out? I am very happy with the rifle!

Regards,
Shane

Got mine (338 kit with OD chassis) ordered from Scottsdale Gun Club last week. Should arrive in a couple of days. due to my excitement, forgot to ask if the chassis had the updated monopod. Guess we'll see in a couple of days...

Doc,

You may want to find out now about the monopod because if it does not have the monopod and you wanted it, then your receiver will then have to be shipped back to DTA for the retrofit if you wait to see if it has it or not.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocLane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got mine (338 kit with OD chassis) ordered from Scottsdale Gun Club last week. Should arrive in a couple of days. due to my excitement, forgot to ask if the chassis had the updated monopod. Guess we'll see in a couple of days... </div></div>

That is a very nice gunshop. They have a lot of cool things. There are very few shops that have suppressors on hand to fondle.