• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Today, EuroOptic just got a shipment from DTA. I just got shipping and tracking for my DTA SRS A1: Blk/FDE, chassis only. I ordered from EuroOptic in Jan 2013. Still waiting on 6.5 Creedmoor conversion. There weren't much conversion kits came in.

Sounds like good news and we'll finally see some A1 photos from an owner.

I ordered a Covert A1 from EuroOptic so I'm crossing my fingers.

Last edited:
Hopefully that means that we will see some A1's on the loose.

In regard to the November date for shipping, I could certainly see that being the case for new orders placed now.

I sold my Gen 1 gun to get this A1 (I think the modular handguard, etc is worth it) and miss having an SRS so I hope it won't be too much longer.

I own a DTA SRS with 308 and 338LM conversions. I am looking at getting a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for it.

I am looking at these options: A Short Action Customs 26" 6.5 Creedmoor Bartlein barrel or a TS Customs 26" 6.5 Creedmoor Benchmark barrel (from Primal Rights).

Any preferences or opinions?

I have a DTA SRS SAC barrel in 6.5 CM - shot it this weekend at the North Texas Rifle Precision range - awesome - multiple hits at 1350 in high winds.

couldn't be happier.

Hopefully that means that we will see some A1's on the loose.

In regard to the November date for shipping, I could certainly see that being the case for new orders placed now.

I sold my Gen 1 gun to get this A1 (I think the modular handguard, etc is worth it) and miss having an SRS so I hope it won't be too much longer.

I placed an order for an A1 Covert a little over 2 months ago and was told it would be November.

I have a DTA SRS SAC barrel in 6.5 CM - shot it this weekend at the North Texas Rifle Precision range - awesome - multiple hits at 1350 in high winds.

couldn't be happier.

SAC is making my 260 Rem now, what bullet are you using? powder?

Hi mate let me know how you get on with that. Im contemplating a 338l conversion in the distant future , still major delays getting any supplies or stock to New Zealand , as yet you and I are the only two for a while to come.
Iv'e had a new fore end made for my DTA , provides more scope clearance from rail and a better hold for me . Is there any instruction on how to attach some pics for these guys with my suppressor , butt pad and muzzle can mods . Good to hear from you , I'm just back from a holiday & PLR shoot in New Caledonia loads of fun.

Hey Simon, you should be able to attach pics to you post by clicking the "insert image" button in that group of buttons at the top right of the reply window. I wish I could have made it out for the New Caledonia shoot, but a 3 foot 7 guy has me flat out at the moment. The guys here will get a kick out of your mods :)

This is all good news about the A-1's. While I opted for a Gen 2 personally, I'm still very anxious to see an A-1.

In other good news, I just spoke to my friend who is a DTA dealer and he had one of his A-1 buyers back out. As a result, he has one A-1 chassis that was ordered at SHOT that is not spoken for and he has been told that he should receive it at any time with the others that he ordered. It is BLK/FDE in color and has the monopod. He also has the following conversion kits in stock that are available: 300 Win Mag, 243, and 6.5 x 47 Lapua. I'm not sure what other conversion kits he has ordered.

Send me a PM with your contact info and I'll pass along the first three to respond. Since EuroOptic just got their order, it appears as though they are being sent out finally and this would be a much shorter wait then if a new order was placed today.

Probably been asked before. I have a gen 2 barrel and single piece bolt. Will it fit into an a1 chassis?

Yes. The only incompatibilities are the barrel extensions between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 designs, which are a non-issue for most folks as the Gen 2 has been the standard since late 2010 onwards. That and some of the earliest Gen 1 chassis have to be sent in to be upgraded for the monopod as well as any A1 features. Everything else, for the most part, is interchangeable.

SRS mods

Hi from New Zealand , just a few pics of mods on SRS DIY butt pad , for-end tube made by a mate for , me I find the factory unit uncomfortable to hunt with and this tube provides a little more clearance for flip out lens caps
FTR 30" 1/10 barrel set up 308 win with 175/178 gr gen 1 sinclair bipod ,now replaced with gen 2 bi pod .
300win mag factory barrel DPT break 40 moa mount. shooting 208 gr amax 76.5 gr AR2217 (H1000) 16 th jump approx 2960fps
225 gr HRN BTPHP 75gr approx 2830fps shooting out to 1700m
Finding both loads go to sleep around 300-400m
I'm hoping pictures attach , I'm new to this blogging thing.

Attachments

• 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 38
  • 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 38
FYI - I just saw that EuroOptic has (2) Gen 2 SRS's in 338 in their demo/used section. One is blk/blk, the other OD/blk - both with monopods.

FYI - I just saw that EuroOptic has (2) Gen 2 SRS's in 338 in their demo/used section. One is blk/blk, the other OD/blk - both with monopods.

I have had good luck with Eurooptic's new items. They ship quickly, send a tracking number, etc. But the Demo .338 Conversion I got had problems. I would think seriously before buying one of their Demo Rifles:

1) I called to ask about the condition of the Demo. They said it was shown at shows to customers but had not been shot.
- I could not tell if the barrel had been shot, but the bolt and magazine were well worn. They definitely had been used a lot.

2) The brake they included in my order was not the one shown in their picture. The DTA standard break usually comes with the DTA .338 conversion. I recieved the QD brake. Their ad did not mention they were including a different brake from the standard setup.
- When I called Eurooptic and asked them to swap me for the correct brake, they told me no at first. I had to escalate at Eurooptic to get them to agree to make things right. They need to wait for DTA to ship them more brakes. It could take a while to get the correct one.

3) When I took the new conversion kit to the range, the firing pin broke on the 9th shot. A buddy loaned me his bolt, and the firing pin broke on the 10th shot using factory ammo. DTA says the problem is the Gen1 bolt. I am hoping that the problem is not with the barrel, and that it indeed the bolt. I am still working with DTA to resolve the issue. DTA has been terrific. It's a bummer having to waste time and .338 ammo to resolve issues with a supposedly unused product.

If anyone decides to to buy the Eurooptic Demo Rifles, I suggest you get them to specify their condition in writing up front, and ask them to specify any parts that are missing or not standard.

Last edited:
I just received my 338 conversion and it had the QD brake on it. That is what I wanted because ill have my DTA 338 can a couple years from now.

Dreamlander- Look a few posts up and contact the guy who jumped out of line to get a Gen2. He ordered in January so should be one of the first to get his.

I just received my 338 conversion and it had the QD brake on it. That is what I wanted because ill have my DTA 338 can a couple years from now.

I have my computer setup to monitor EuroOptic DTA product stock so I'm able to react really quickly. In this case, glad you were able to pick it up and you didn't have to wait until November :)

Hopefully Karma will deliver my A1 Covert soon.

Last edited:
I owe it all to Mr. Unobtainium. My new hero! I got so lucky that day that I should have bought a lottery ticket. When I called and ordered it they said they couldn't imagine that they would have one in stock. It must have hiding in a corner somewhere. It got it today, cleaned it, and inserted it into the DTA Covert soft case. At first I thought I was stupid to pay $375 for that thing, but its worth every Penny. It's perfect for the 308/338 combo and suppressor friendly too.

At first I thought I was stupid to pay $375 for that thing, but its worth every Penny. It's perfect for the 308/338 combo and suppressor friendly too.

I agree - it's a great case/range mat combo and very handy.

I used a product called Selleys windscreen fix , which is a silicon RTV product ,the trick is when you adhere the two together you must ensure you don't use to much pressure clamping them together , you need to leave a good 2-3 mm of the sealant in place to ensure they knit properly . I must have tried at least four recommended adhesives before I found something that works.
This was field tested on the range for around 100 rnds before I went to New Caledonia for two days PLR shooting , one day turned out to be a monsoon .
I'm pleased with the result . The rubber has the same texture and recoil absorption as my limb saver .

Just out of curiosity, will new chassis owners need to procure the bottom forearm rail separately or does one come with the chassis?

Would be spewing if I couldn't attach my Atlas from day 1.

I want one so bad! What is the weight of the SRS with a 26" barrel? I'm really thinking about having the DTA for hunting and target use and I really like the additions the A1 offers

I like the A1 buttpad in theory (although I have not tried it in person) and I like the A1 cheek rest option in theory (although I have not tried it in person) but I don't get how the modular forearm rail is seen as an upgrade, especially the bottom rail.

I am never going to hold the rifle out there, and if I choose to move the bipod for some reason I would now need a tool where before with a full length rail I only needed to move my qd mounted bipod anywhere on the bottom rail I wanted it. Plus I have to pay more and buy extra picatinny sections if I need more rail.

can't please everyone. what i would do is buy a A1 and find someone who has a gen 1 or 2 and just trade em rails if you want the quad rail. personally i like the quad rail too, but i agree with their decision to move in that direction as its what EVERYONE is doing lately.

I'll try to get an A1 with 26" barrel weighed soon. I'm certain it's lighter than a regular SRS, but I'm not sure by how much.

I like the modular handguard much more than the old quad rail. It's lighter, sleeker, and just downright awesome. Handling the rifle in awkward positions often requires grabbing it by the quad rail. Never liked that much. Shooting from inside my truck with the quad rail was never any fun either. This is much better. Kudos to DTA for being forward looking.

I would have to agree with Orkan on this one... a pic rail will snag up on any corner its held against... could be a good thing, but could also be bad thing.

I would imagine the new option would be much lighter and perhaps easier to machine. Yes it might costs more, if you need more rails. IF the rifle does come with 3 rail sections, then I'm sure that is enough for most peoples needs. One for bipod, one for backup side mounted sights, one for a torch/laser device.

IF the rifle does come with 3 rail sections, then I'm sure that is enough for most peoples needs.
I'll go ahead and confirm this here. The A1 chassis ship with 3 rail sections. Two short sections on the sides, and one longer one on the bottom. Every A1 chassis we've received was shipped with those rails already installed in those positions.

I like the A1 buttpad in theory (although I have not tried it in person) and I like the A1 cheek rest option in theory (although I have not tried it in person) but I don't get how the modular forearm rail is seen as an upgrade, especially the bottom rail.

I am never going to hold the rifle out there, and if I choose to move the bipod for some reason I would now need a tool where before with a full length rail I only needed to move my qd mounted bipod anywhere on the bottom rail I wanted it. Plus I have to pay more and buy extra picatinny sections if I need more rail.

Lighter. How often have you ever needed to move a bipod in the field? How often do you ever go shooting without tools?

If you need more rails, there's a site called ar15.com that might suit you better.

I recently had to use DTA Warranty Service (problem with a Demo .338 Conversion I bought from Eurooptic). DTA's warranty service was excellent. They took care of the issue, and stood behind their product 100%. The folks there were friendly, knowledgable, and committed to get thing fixed correctly.

Thanks DTA!!! :cool:

I recently had to use DTA Warranty Service (problem with a Demo .338 Conversion I bought from Eurooptic). DTA's warranty service was excellent. They took care of the issue, and stood behind their product 100%. The folks there were friendly, knowledgable, and committed to get thing fixed correctly.

Thanks DTA!!! :cool:

Very True!!!

DTAs warranty department rocks !!

Im sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I heard rumors but haven't heard anything concrete. Is there going to be a kit for the original Gen1 SRS to bring it up to date with the new chassis? If so, what's the ballpark cost and time of release?

And as far as customer service, DTA is the best in the business. I've only had 2 issues with it since I bought it soon after the original release date. A broken firing pin and one nut fell off the chassis. Both times DTA answered the phone and sent me replacements at no cost. Thank you DTA!!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I heard rumors but haven't heard anything concrete. Is there going to be a kit for the original Gen1 SRS to bring it up to date with the new chassis? If so, what's the ballpark cost and time of release?

And as far as customer service, DTA is the best in the business. I've only had 2 issues with it since I bought it soon after the original release date. A broken firing pin and one nut fell off the chassis. Both times DTA answered the phone and sent me replacements at no cost. Thank you DTA!!!!!!!!!!

Your Gen 1 will need to be sent in to get milled for the monopod as well as the cheek riser. So essentially your Gen1 can be updated to A1 status. You just will have to use the pin barrels as opposed to the ramped barrels which is no big deal at all. I wouldn't expect the option to arise til next year though. Me and most pre A1 owners could give a shit less about the new mods as most of us are perfectly happy with what we got now.

Your Gen 1 will need to be sent in to get milled for the monopod as well as the cheek riser. So essentially your Gen1 can be updated to A1 status. You just will have to use the pin barrels as opposed to the ramped barrels which is no big deal at all. I wouldn't expect the option to arise til next year though. Me and most pre A1 owners could give a shit less about the new mods as most of us are perfectly happy with what we got now.

Thanks for the info. The main reason is I didn't opt for the monopod when I ordered and would also like to shave some weight off if possible. I'm very happy for you and the others who could give a shit about the new mods.

That monopod is the best on the market. It's worth every penny of that $400. It's way more accurate than a bag and less cumbersome too. I highly suggest that you reconsider it. As much as that rifle weighs to begin with, it really isn't going to add much weight.

Lighter. How often have you ever needed to move a bipod in the field? How often do you ever go shooting without tools?

If you need more rails, there's a site called ar15.com that might suit you better.

If that's the main reason I'll stick with what I have. Lighter isn't exactly what I want in a rifle when shooting full power 300gr .338LM.

As for AR15.com, I am banned from there because people tended to make dumb ass comments about posts (like when I stated a logical opinion) and I called them out on it. May have to do it here eventually.

Finally done!! Here it is in .338LM configuration. Pics of it in .338BR configuration coming soon. Sighted it in at 100yds today and then ran it out to 300yds on about 10" steels and it was boringly accurate.

Thanks to biffj for putting it all back together for me after the hydro dipping!!

I was just busting your chops a little, ssnfa. I agree with you about the new rail not being a quantum leap forward. I do, however, like the adjustable cheek piece. Some don't think it's a big deal, but it sold me on the A1. I feel there's real benefit to being able to remove any and all tension resulting from having to hold your head in place, even if just slightly. I know that's not what you were arguing...just adding on.

Your rifle turned out great btw. Is that a factory barrel? Cheers.

That's a beautiful property SSNFA. It's hard to believe its here in Indiana. Didnt you tell me once that you can back up for a 700yd shot there? ill pay to come shoot with you guys! I am kinda regretting getting a Beast and putting it on a covert after seeing your setup. If only I had my can....

Last edited:
Went shooting with my new monopod. I am converting my bean bags to Care Bears and giving them out as gifts. I will never use the again. Took about 5 minutes to teach myself a smooth motion.

I finally had a group of five all touching.

Went shooting with my new monopod. I am converting my bean bags to Care Bears and giving them out as gifts. I will never use the again. Took about 5 minutes to teach myself a smooth motion.

I finally had a group of five all touching.

I guess everyone is different......my experience was just the opposite.

Im much faster and more accurate with a bag....guess its what youre used to.

Still hear just site is messed up?

Mount is a LaRue LT-158. It has 10 MOA cant and places the optic 1.44" above the rail. The LT-158 can be had in 1", 30 mm, 34 mm, or 35 mm sizes. I find both the cant and height to be just about perfect for the Covert. Obviously, that mount would be quite tall for most bolt guns, but it works pretty on a flat top rail system like the DTA has, and 10 MOA is more than enough cant for the distances I typically shoot.

The buttstock cover w cheekpad came from Brian Muoio, who had a business called "Tactical Textile". I did a search but couldn't find his webpage anymore, so I don't know if he is still making them. I had him make two, actually. One is the one pictured above with the cheekpad; the other is simply a buttstock pad without the cheekpad. That is the one I usually use. You can see a picture of both on p. 51 of this thread, about 2/3 way down the page.

Just email me [email protected] and I have a 5 day turn around on most cheek/Butt pads!