• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Over here in Aus ..the SAC 223 conversion is a pipe dream..

Thinking of going for an option in 22-250 using my existing mag , bolt and barrel extension. Just need to find a barrel blank with a Tenon of 1.250" and 6" long..

Anyone else ever gone down the 22-250 route with an SRS?

My SRS A2 chassis is due in a couple of days..

I swear I'm not shill for Kiwi products, but if there was one single bit of advice about the HTI I would offer, it's to replace the muzzle brake with something more effective like a Terminator T6

Reactions: M77 and wooferocau

Thinking of going for an option in 22-250 using my existing mag , bolt and barrel extension. Just need to find a barrel blank with a Tenon of 1.250" and 6" long..

Not sure if @skinney_7 has received his yet and was able to test it out? I messaged him about the SRS platform and he mentioned having a 22-250 barrel being made for it.

Reactions: wooferocau
I had a .22-250 for a short time, it fed poorly so I had an Ackley reamer ran down the chamber. After that it functioned perfectly.

Yes, I have one in 22-250. Thing is a hammer, first 3, 3 shot groups out of it with the Leupold MKV 7-35 were all .25"
Barrel was throated for the 50 vmax, by SAC.

Curious to hear your thoughts after you’ve made some stands with it.

What is the difference between the 300 norma magazine and the 300 win mag magazine?
Screenshot_20220602-202207_Chrome.jpg

I shoot .300NM in an old fashioned SRS Long Action mag.

As long as I can remember there was just a Short Action mag for .308WIN-based cartridges, and a Long Action mag for .338LM-based cartridges. I don't remember there being an intermediate sized mag to go with the intermediate bolt. This was the reason a lot of people were having issues with SAUM and PRC cartridges, and why SAC made a mag upgrade to handle that. I think the .300WM fits in the LA mag, but I've been wrong a whole bunch of times...

Reactions: M77

As long as I can remember there was just a Short Action mag for .308WIN-based cartridges, and a Long Action mag for .338LM-based cartridges. I don't remember there being an intermediate sized mag to go with the intermediate bolt. This was the reason a lot of people were having issues with SAUM and PRC cartridges, and why SAC made a mag upgrade to handle that. I think the .300WM fits in the LA mag, but I've been wrong a whole bunch of times...
I actually have issues with my saum out of that mag. The bullet hits the face of the barrel breech. Which I don't understand.

Seem to be the exact same. I wonder what is causing it to hit the breech face.

When you cycle the bolt, lift the bottom front of the mag and see if it feeds correctly. It’s not uncommon for the mags to sit loose and sometimes if the front dips down too much it won’t feed properly.

I believe that's what it was. I also flipped the spring around in the mag. That seemed to have helped alot. I just did a test feed with some 183s and they were fine. I'll have more to test this weekend.

I've owned my A1 for 8 years and the first barrel I got was a 300WM, I've been using those mags with zero issues and they are interchangeable with the 338NM.

Reactions: waveslayer

It's not a pipe dream, I've got one and I imported it my self

I did find out that a straight contour barrel will NOT fit in an m2 unless you remove the front 3 screws on the top rail. The mlok t nuts are in the way. Even with them removed it’s extremely close to the top of the handguard. I’m not going to try running it that way so I’ll have to get it turned down a bit. I imagine it’s the same way on an A2.

Has anyone tried cleaning up the trigger on their A2 or m2?
Mine has more creep than I can stand. I’m going to pull the skins off and see where it can be improved. Midwest gun works has sears and transfer bars in stock in case I screw up.

Well that’s disheartening. I’ve got a new M2 sitting in the safe waiting on a trio of straight profile barrels :(

Well that’s disheartening. I’ve got a new M2 sitting in the safe waiting on a trio of straight profile barrels :(
Same here....... My A2 chassis arrived on Friday, but i am still waiting on barrel conversion kits ! The trigger on my Gen 1 is superb !!! was hoping the A2 would be the same or better!!

They clearly tried to improve and simplify the trigger, but it's a bummer that you've basically got to remove the skins on the new trigger to do any adjusting on the single control screw. No more running a 2mm allen key through that hole in the trigger guard :(

• Wow
Been waiting forever to get a new bolt like I was? Midwest GW has some in stock it seems

1654543890093.png

They clearly tried to improve and simplify the trigger, but it's a bummer that you've basically got to remove the skins on the new trigger to do any adjusting on the single control screw. No more running a 2mm allen key through that hole in the trigger guard :(
After doing a direct comparison ... My Gen 1 SRS and my newly purchased SRS A2 .. i MUCH prefer my "Old" Gen 1 build over the new A2........The A2 almost gives the impression of " Cost Cutting " .

Reactions: LongRangeJunky
After doing a direct comparison ... My Gen 1 SRS and my newly purchased SRS A2 .. i MUCH prefer my "Old" Gen 1 build over the new A2........The A2 almost gives the impression of " Cost Cutting " .
The extra machining on the chassis and weight savings definitely weren’t for cost cutting but I 100% agree on the trigger. Decreased manufacturing cost and likely fewer cs and warranty issues from people that don’t know what they’re doing fiddling with them.

Anyone got a line on an A1 Covert hand guard? MGW sent me an A2 by mistake and don’t have any A1’s.

I have carbon fiber SRS-A2 12” over sized rails in production. They will have 1.89“ of inner diameter clearance. This should allow the rail to clear any 30 cal suppressor. They are only 3.5 Oz made of t700 carbon fiber (high quality). I will have a few samples in about 3 weeks and will post them up.
Price is $375.00 each.
If you want one feel free to DM me. I am looking to take pre orders once I get the samples to post up and show.

Attachments

• FB03CB21-4687-4CF1-B5B9-559DC32B9E1E.jpeg
    FB03CB21-4687-4CF1-B5B9-559DC32B9E1E.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 67
Been waiting forever to get a new bolt like I was? Midwest GW has some in stock it seems

View attachment 7886049
I want to see the new Nickel style bolts

I have carbon fiber SRS-A2 12” over sized rails in production. They will have 1.89“ of inner diameter clearance. This should allow the rail to clear any 30 cal suppressor. They are only 3.5 Oz made of t700 carbon fiber (high quality). I will have a few samples in about 3 weeks and will post them up.
Price is $375.00 each.
If you want one feel free to DM me. I am looking to take pre orders once I get the samples to post up and show.
Do you have any prototype photos with a can installed?

Stoked for this CF handguard. Just gotta figure out an Arca plate solution
Its hard to make something do everything. If I spend the money on this the ARCA rail would be my last thought. I shoot the least off a bi-pod if ever. There are other mount points and options for the ARCA rail if it was a must have. I would to this for more conversation options with my covert and weight.

I have a Area 419 bolt on ARCA rail so that application could work if there was threaded inserts on the rail.

Reactions: Jrtex
Its hard to make something do everything. If I spend the money on this the ARCA rail would be my last thought. I shoot the least off a bi-pod if ever. There are other mount points and options for the ARCA rail if it was a must have. I would to this for more conversation options with my covert and weight.

I have a Area 419 bolt on ARCA rail so that application could work if there was threaded inserts on the rail.
I have a 3d 1/2 printed one. Since our high quality 3d printer is for making small parts for mobile computers parts. But this is what it looks like mating up to the rail and end of the plastic on the Desert Tech. A short ARCA rail should attach to it just fine. But I will need to look into it a little more.

Attachments

• AF0889F7-F0F9-41CB-A5A3-96F4D14B3761.jpeg
    AF0889F7-F0F9-41CB-A5A3-96F4D14B3761.jpeg
    326.4 KB · Views: 91
I have a 3d 1/2 printed one. Since our high quality 3d printer is for making small parts for mobile computers parts. But this is what it looks like mating up to the rail and end of the plastic on the Desert Tech. A short ARCA rail should attach to it just fine. But I will need to look into it a little more.
If the handguard was flush with the bottom where the existing arca mount is build into the bottom of the chassis, then a flat arca plate that whole length would work. It looks like it’s very close to flush in your picture

It will depend on the tolerances the barrels come in. I had to send mine back to ES Tactical because I couldn't seat my straight contour on an old Gen 2. After he turned it down, no issues. Just added to the wait, again

If the handguard was flush with the bottom where the existing arca mount is build into the bottom of the chassis, then a flat arca plate that whole length would work. It looks like it’s very close to flush in your picture
its damn close to flush, but off by a hair maybe two.

For the SAC 223 conversions in this group: what are ya feeding them? I’m soon to relocate to a less gun friendly state and I’m trying to stockpile while I still can easily. Available ammunition seems to have come back more recently.

Curious to hear your thoughts after you’ve made some stands with it.

I like it, it fits discreetly in my Eberlestock pack, I'm working on a YT review for DT as we speak, going over the 250, 260 and 338NM conversion kits I have for my SRS-M2... So I'll put out a lot of info in the video!

Has anyone removed their muzzle brake from their HTI 50? I understand its RH thread and have been told it shouldn't be to difficult to get off.. I'm 6'5 / 325 lbs and have done everything put pull the muscles in my toes trying to get this thing off and it wont budge. Heat, gun vice the works.. I guess I'm going to have to send the barrel back to them and have them remove it.

Not and ideal day at all today...gusting horizontal winds, but gave 1600yds a go with the SRS...

Very happy with the results, the Hornady 168ELD-M,s perform VERY well.. vertical dispersion was less than the target diameter !! Just the varying wind !! ......still managed some good hits on the plate with an average of 2-3 Mils hold off on the windage..

Not to bad at all for a 308 ! ...

Attachments

• 1600yds-#1.jpg
    1600yds-#1.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 1600yds-#2.jpg
    1600yds-#2.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 1600yds-#3.jpg
    1600yds-#3.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 1600yds-#4.jpg