• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Th

Sigh...you subsonic cowboys are making me want to move
wink.gif

It's only a 12 - 14 hour drive.. and you can have photo's that send leagues or morons in Ca. into a panic.
laugh.gif

I just need time away from work...as usual
wink.gif

Any one make a 22-250 conversion for the SRS?

Seems like this rifle could potentially get rid of a 3-4 rifles in my safe. It would be kind of nice to use the same platform for much of my shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any one make a 22-250 conversion for the SRS?

Seems like this rifle could potentially get rid of a 3-4 rifles in my safe. It would be kind of nice to use the same platform for much of my shooting. </div></div>

It made 3 of my other rifles disappear and I haven't gone looking for them.

Here is Later hitting a 10x17" Torso target at 600 yards with Tuscondave's custom .338 subsonic cartridge in the DTA Covert with DTSS (Desert Tactical Sound Suppressor). The stills at the start aren't Later. Video courtesy of Dogtown.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cPwx1bC66sU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cPwx1bC66sU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I should have added one of the unsupressed .338LM shots for comparison - the subsonic is quiet!

Picked up my 338/308 today. So excited I left work two hours early to make sure it spent the night safely in my gun vault:) Now I've just got to get my reloading gear all set up (ordered the chargemaster 1500 combo yesterday) so I can shoot for closer to a buck instead of 6-7/shot...

First impression...man this thing is a solid hunk of steel! Cant wait to get the NF on it and take it out to the range...

I was told 4-6 weeks when I ordered, but I think it ended up taking at least twice that...likely due to the misplaced order in the beginning. On the bright side, that gave me more time to get my reloading equipment ordered and they let me add the 308 barrel for the original rate. At the end of the day...I'm happy...

10 minutes after I asked that question my local shop called me and told me I had a gun to pick up.

I am a happy guy.

I purchased under the old pricing schedule and called a couple weeks ago to add the 308 and was told I had to purchase at the new prices.

I just got the .308 (old pricing).

I need to get the .338 eventually. Glad I ordered when I did even though the conversion is going to hurt a bit more down the road.

Wish I could find one of these in 338, 308, a chassis or all of the above at old pricing.

I wouldn't mind finding a gently used one myself.

A chassis and conversion went up about $500 right? I understand that they have to make money but it still hurts my wallet.

DTA has hit the United Kingdom. Thanks Ewan!
grin.gif

My 300 Win Mag fresh out of the box in England.

SA500079.jpg

Now got to wait 3 weeks before I get range time
frown.gif

Going to put a Nightforce NXS or Leupold on it for a couple of months, until I can convince my girlfriend I really need a Schmidt....

Has anyone got any load suggestions using either Berger or Sierra 210 VLDs, or Hornady A-max 208s?

Thanks

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

What is the chamber length for the 300wm
Will it shoot the A191 round

How is the recoil for this caliber

Good for you CJ. Just read a bit on the FAC and gun ownership in the UK, which sounds like a total pain. Makes me happy I live in Texas where it's harder to not own a gun than it is to own one:)

So originally I was fixated on the 50bmg for the new HTI coming up in q4...but when I picked my srs up this week the guy at the gun store said 50bmg's aren't really selling anymore because there are less and less places to shoot them (at least here around Austin, TX). still love the idea of the 50bmg (especially since I already have a 308 and 338), but now I'm having second thoughts on my first conversion kit for the hti. For those of you planning to buy an HTI...what conversion kit are you planning to start with and why? Also...are all calibers coming out in Q4?

I've got a friend that is in Omaha NE if anyone near there that would allow him to see or shoot their rifle. I am willing to put my name out for him. Thanks, Anthony

sr90...have you guys already tested all four caliber options? Just curious if your feedback is relative to all four options you tested or just really positive impression of the 375 so far? And is there one thing specifically that stands out with the 375?

Wow! I just visited my new SRS. 308 and I think I'm in love. Unfortunately, my drivers license expired and I couldn't pick it up. Insha Allah it will be mine tomorrow! I can't wait! Loved how it.felt in my hands today!

1.5" groups at 600 yards with 375CT first loads worked up shot from HTI, 50 bmg is a beast and not even close to as accurate unless you handload but then you still have to be a 300 lb lineman to shoot more than 10 rounds of 50 bmg in one sitting, we are still working on recoil mitigation systems. I am pretty recoil insensitive but I don't like shooting the 50 BMG in any gun. The 375CT recoils almost identically to the srs in 338LM, very reasonable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.5" groups at 600 yards with 375CT first loads worked up shot from HTI, 50 bmg is a beast and not even close to as accurate unless you handload but then you still have to be a 300 lb lineman to shoot more than 10 rounds of 50 bmg in one sitting, we are still working on recoil mitigation systems. I am pretty recoil insensitive but I don't like shooting the 50 BMG in any gun. The 375CT recoils almost identically to the srs in 338LM, very reasonable. </div></div>

285lb ex-linebacker here... let me know if you want to pay me to lay behind those rifles for you.
cool.gif

Anyone know if there is a .223/5.56 conversion that anyone does for the SRS? I have the .308 and .338lm SRS. Would love to use it for ground hog shooting in a 5.56 round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ravkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know if there is a .223/5.56 conversion that anyone does for the SRS? I have the .308 and .338lm SRS. Would love to use it for ground hog shooting in a 5.56 round. </div></div>

I'd be all about it, but the answer is:

No there is not and it doesn't look like it is going to happen. It has been talked about earlier in this thread but I'll save you the reading.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.5" groups at 600 yards with 375CT first loads worked up shot from HTI, 50 bmg is a beast and not even close to as accurate unless you handload but then you still have to be a 300 lb lineman to shoot more than 10 rounds of 50 bmg in one sitting, we are still working on recoil mitigation systems. I am pretty recoil insensitive but I don't like shooting the 50 BMG in any gun. The 375CT recoils almost identically to the srs in 338LM, very reasonable.</div></div>

Very nice! So I'm hearing 1/4MOA guarantee for 375 at 600 yards...and to be conservative, 1/3MOA for 408 and 416:) 50bmg is a beast, so the 1/2 MOA @1000 is totally understandable. jk...though that'd be awesome...

48 rounds through mine so far. I moved the trigger a bit farther forward than the factory setting and it really helped.

THe trigger adjustments are excellent. Very well thought out.

anyone have a NF 5.5-22x56 scope with NF titanium rings on their SRS? If so, can you tell me what size rings you used? My local gunshop gave me medium rings that don't fit and there are two sizes larger to "try". I'm hoping they'll let me just take the other two and bring back the one doesn't work (place is close to work, not home)...but I figured I'd at least ask here to insure I'm able to get out and shoot my srs this weekend...

Finally got out to the range with the 338 today. Recoil wasn't bad at all and it shot quite nicely. Just one lesson learned...if you're going to zero in a scope, make sure you have someone competent to spot for you! I tried two guys, one said I was high multiple times and the other said..."not sure, try doing something different". Really!!! As it turns out, I was low and finally got on paper on my own...

Can't wait to get back out to test the 308...

Has any one had any problems with their .308 bolt not locking/ejecting brass? I got screwed pretty bad yesterday on it. Basically it fed the round into the chamber but the face didn't lock onto the round and I couldn't close the bolt. So I thought it didn't strip a round off the mag, and ended up locking the next round underneath the already chambered round.

Its starting to do this shit of not locking the boltface onto the current round a good bit. Any ideas?

I had similar issues getting the bolt to lock today in the 338. Since it was my first time out and I'm still getting used to the rifle, I didn't think too much of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has any one had any problems with their .308 bolt not locking/ejecting brass? I got screwed pretty bad yesterday on it. Basically it fed the round into the chamber but the face didn't lock onto the round and I couldn't close the bolt. So I thought it didn't strip a round off the mag, and ended up locking the next round underneath the already chambered round.

Its starting to do this shit of not locking the boltface onto the current round a good bit. Any ideas? </div></div>

You using the bolt stop on the .308? Also,is your mag just sitting a little low in the front? Push up on the front and see if it moves up just enough to allow the bullet to glide into the chamber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has any one had any problems with their .308 bolt not locking/ejecting brass? I got screwed pretty bad yesterday on it. Basically it fed the round into the chamber but the face didn't lock onto the round and I couldn't close the bolt. So I thought it didn't strip a round off the mag, and ended up locking the next round underneath the already chambered round.

Its starting to do this shit of not locking the boltface onto the current round a good bit. Any ideas? </div></div>

You using the bolt stop on the .308? Also,is your mag just sitting a little low in the front? Push up on the front and see if it moves up just enough to allow the bullet to glide into the chamber. </div></div>

TD, load 5 rounds into the mag, strip the top round off and the round underneath it nosedives in the mag while the round above it is being stripped. Push the rear of the case and it gets the nosediving round to pop back up, but strip it off, and the round underneath it nosedives again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has any one had any problems with their .308 bolt not locking/ejecting brass? I got screwed pretty bad yesterday on it. Basically it fed the round into the chamber but the face didn't lock onto the round and I couldn't close the bolt. So I thought it didn't strip a round off the mag, and ended up locking the next round underneath the already chambered round.

You using the bolt stop on the .308? Also,is your mag just sitting a little low in the front? Push up on the front and see if it moves up just enough to allow the bullet to glide into the chamber. </div></div>

Yup using the bolt stop on the .308. All the mags seem to be sitting just fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has any one had any problems with their .308 bolt not locking/ejecting brass? I got screwed pretty bad yesterday on it. Basically it fed the round into the chamber but the face didn't lock onto the round and I couldn't close the bolt. So I thought it didn't strip a round off the mag, and ended up locking the next round underneath the already chambered round.

TD, load 5 rounds into the mag, strip the top round off and the round underneath it nosedives in the mag while the round above it is being stripped. Push the rear of the case and it gets the nosediving round to pop back up, but strip it off, and the round underneath it nosedives again. </div></div>

no issues on mine. Ya think that that had anything to do with the performance in the other caliber? Bolt,mag etc?

I'm going to shoot SR90 a msg about it. Something has to be wrong with the bolt since its not locking onto the rim of the cartridge everytime.

DTA HTI .50BMG

Quote from he who shaln't be named:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm extremely impressed with this system so far. Will be swapping the barrel over to .375 and testing that at longer ranges this weekend. </div></div>

DTAHTI50BMG1.jpg

Awesome picture! Not sure I would want to be the one taking it though....

You just know this will lead to someone wanting a 16" .50BMG HTI Covert
wink.gif

What kind of groups are you getting with the 50? If it's anything even close to the 375ct, the HTI is going to be a really exciting platform (which will have to share space in the gun cabinet with my srs)!

On a similar note, I fired my 308 today for the first time(fired the 338 Saturday). Great experience! Didn't have much time to go from zeroing to getting groups, but the bolt manipulation, loading, feel, etc was excellent. No problems at all and it definitely helped me to appreciate the ability to go from the power and cost of the 338 to the 308 in no time at all.

Just got my SRS and it is the bee's knee's. It took a while to get but it was definitely worth the wait. I ordered the SRS chassis, 308 and 300 win mag conversions with scope mount. The whole gun is OD green but the hand-guard, receiver and skins are all a different shade of OD. Should I call DTA or is that normal? It dosen't bother me much that the colors are different, but I don't want it to effect resale value. What would you do?

yep i'll be getting a HTI when they are released, damn DTA is goin to put me in the poor house
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got my SRS and it is the bee's knee's. It took a while to get but it was definitely worth the wait. I ordered the SRS chassis, 308 and 300 win mag conversions with scope mount. The whole gun is OD green but the hand-guard, receiver and skins are all a different shade of OD. Should I call DTA or is that normal? It dosen't bother me much that the colors are different, but I don't want it to effect resale value. What would you do? </div></div>

Can you post a picture?

By hand-guard do you mean the whole forward rail system? Or just the rail covers? I would expect the plastic skins to be a slightly different shade than the aluminum.