• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

I can't imagine. I would be tempted to put warranty contact info as my sig lol. Just know that for every one person that is a PITA there are a ton reading about their problem(on this thread) and won't have to contact warranty if the same arises for them. I don't like to speak for others but i think it's safe to say that there are a lot of people on this forum who very much appreciate the connection DTA staff maintains with the customers.

I agree completely, it's the main reason I joined this forum in the first place and makes me feel a lot better about my purchase of one of these rifles.

Apologies Nick, I didn't mean to come off like a jerk....

... but in the dream we had... enough production capacity to fill our demand.

I bet there are a lot of Companies who could only wish they had your problem! lol. I think you guys are pumping these out pretty fast for a rifle of this class. Your demand is just to DAMN BIG!

I do appreciate your help along with your crews. Agreed that locktite is great shit and has it place for sure but I believe there was definitely a timing issue with my rail. With out any torque at all the rail would go past 12 o'clock by almost 90 degrees. Way to much for the locktite to take up there.

Anyways. I got a hold of Josh from warranty and he's got me squared away.

Keep up the great work...Aloha!

Well, while I wait for a call back from Warrenty Service, I need to vent here a bit (since I can't shoot anything).

I took today off work to sight in my recently received .338LM Conversion kit. The wind gets nasty here in the afternoon, and the local ranges have matches here in the mornings this weekend.

So I get up early, get to the range before the wind picks up and start breaking in the barrel and getting chromo readings. I got nine shots off and I started to get no primer strikes. The trigger would go "click", but the primer was not hit. 9 FUCKING SHOTS!!! I took off work today and got 9 FUCKING SHOTS on my DTA conversion.

I have a call into warranty service, but no answer. I am hoping they are just at lunch and I will get a call back soon.

I put put back in my 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and bolt and the gun was flawless, so I know the problem isn't with the trigger. I started the .338 load light with 83gr of H4831sc and 300gr Berger bullets so pressure shouldn't have been a problem.

Note: I bought this from Eurooptic and got it 3 days ago. When I bought the Demo Conversion Kit, they assured me that the kit had no rounds through it aside from the factory test shots. They told me they only sell un-used demo kits.

When I got the conversion kit, the bolt and magazine showed a lot of wear. They showed more wear than the used 6.5 Creedmoor kit I bought. When I called them about it to double check that the barrel had no rounds aside from the factory test, they assured me that the barrel was new.

The bolt issue very well could be from the fact that it was heavily used and not a unused demo bolt like I was told.

Last edited:
I looked at the primers of the 9 shots that were fired. My local gunsmith was shooting next to me and I asked him if he thought they showed signs of high pressure. He said no. The primers weren't even struck on the shots that did not fire (not a case of light primer strikes - it was a case of no primer strike).

I started the .338 load light with 83gr of H4831sc and 300gr Berger bullets so pressure shouldn't have been a problem. I was using a chromo and the MV was 2730-2750.

Warranty Service called back and agreed that there is an issue. They are sending me new stuff. I just hope that the shipping dept. actually ships the stuff out. The last time I ordered needed warranty parts, it took over 2 weeks to ship and 3 phone calls, even though the items were in stock.

Last edited:
Man... I was going to buy that demo conversion from Eurooptic. I'm glad I didn't, and don't see myself ever buying anything demo again after seeing this post. I too was told that it was hardly used and in like new condition. I guess its hard tell tell with a direct comparison. Hmm...

Well after reading your next post that's awesome you are getting new parts! Way to beat the 8 month+ wait on a 338lm conversion!

Last edited:
Man, I sure wish some of you with the A1's would post a pic or two of your setup :cool:

I still wonder who is getting these. My A1 order was submitted to DTA on 1/14 and I do not have it and have not heard anything. I did go for FDE/FDE so I could see the Cerakote delaying it somewhat but I too am surprised that no one on the hide has confirmed receiving one or posted pics. I know I am excited to get mine. :)

Mikeltee,

I think buying a Demo item could work out if the company you are buying from takes the time to examine and list the item accurately. Eurooptic did not do this. In fact, they ended up including the QD brake, instead of the Standard brake that normally comes with the 338 Conversion kit. Their picture showed the Standard Brake and their description didn't indicate they were supplying a different brake from the norm. In short, they make their demo conversion kit sound like the same kit that you would buy new from DTA except that it had been shown at show, etc. This was far from true. I've mentioned the bolt issue, and I had to argue with them to get them to swap the QD brake for the Standard brake. At first they had a "tough luck pal" attitude. Who knows when it will show up. I expected more from Eurooptic. I know they have a good following here.

On the other hand, I see that SAC has listed several DTA demo barrels. Mr. Gordon has taken the time to supply pictures, tell you weather the barrel is new or used, and a guesstimate on the round count. Since he is stating the condition of each item, showing you what threading and what brake you get, etc. I would not hesitate to buy a Demo from him.

Last edited:
I own a DTA SRS with 308 and 338LM conversions. I am looking at getting a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for it.

I am looking at these options: A Short Action Customs 26" 6.5 Creedmoor Bartlein barrel or a TS Customs 26" 6.5 Creedmoor Benchmark barrel (from Primal Rights).

Any preferences or opinions?

I had an A1 forsale here a few days ago for below msrp. It actually took 2 days to sell!!! From what I hear, the next round of deliveries are scheduled for November. The reason why no one here has one is because instead of filling those that ordered 30 in January, they sent 1 to just about every dealer that ordered one. Yep.... I said November. If you are deep in your dealers bank of preorders, I'd switch dealers if I was you.

the next round of deliveries are scheduled for November. The reason why no one here has one is because instead of filling those that ordered 30 in January, they sent 1 to just about every dealer that ordered one. Yep.... I said November. If you are deep in your dealers bank of preorders, I'd switch dealers if I was you.

What? November? Any truth to this DTA?

Last edited:
My dealer ordered 3 at shot. He received one last week and was told that since there were so many sold, every dealer would get one and the other two would arrive in November. I have spoken with 2 other dealers that were told the same thing. Of course if you call your dealer they will say they are on their way because they don't want you ordering something else from someone else. Regardless, it's worth the wait. I hope I'm wrong. Nick came in here and said that they are attempting to ship a batch every month. Maybe the dealers were told BY November. You guys deserve to know the truth! If my dealer was mistaken, then Russ or nick, PM and I will delete this information.

Last edited:
I still wonder who is getting these. My A1 order was submitted to DTA on 1/14 and I do not have it and have not heard anything. I did go for FDE/FDE so I could see the Cerakote delaying it somewhat but I too am surprised that no one on the hide has confirmed receiving one or posted pics. I know I am excited to get mine. :)

I asked the same question before, NOBODY!!!! on the hide or anywhere else posting pics or talking about their new A1 seems a little strange does it not. I was told at the end of last month mine would ship in 2 weeks and I am still waiting. I will be more than a little upset if it does not come until November being I have been told on more than one occasion that it will ship in 2 weeks. But I guess all we can do wait.

I am a owner of a DTA SRS and I'm glad I purchased mine over a year ago. I have been following this thread ever since and IMO I can see both sides but... If something doesn't give real soon I can see many folks that have been waiting for DTA products to move on. DTA has a great platform but the issue of delivery times and answers given to folks either by dealers or the factory is I think is going to wear out with many. It is going to be very interesting reading over the next 30 days for sure. I have seen 2 of the new A1's come thru my dealer over the last 30 days and they are nice, but I will tell you my Dealer is frustrated to no end as they have many products in the pipeline with DTA. Like I stated it will be an interesting read going forward. The question still remains that the factory is busting products out as stated here on this thread and the question still remains....where are they going? I have no dog in this contest, I'm just a DTA owner wondering how this will effect issues if and when I need parts or service.

Last edited:
The reason I sold my A1 is because I saw no reason to pay an additional $700 for a damn cheek riser and new buttpad. I've been saying it for months in here. The A1 is the same thing as a Gen 2. My dealer has 2 gen 2s in stock for $700 cheaper than the A1. You guys are being silly all stressing out over this damn cheek riser which will be available for upgrade soon enough. Go out and seek a gen 2! I bought one in Feb knowing the A1 was right around the corner. That was definately not a mistake.

I am a owner of a DTA SRS and I'm glad I purchased mine over a year ago. I have been following this thread ever since and IMO I can see both sides but... If something doesn't give real soon I can see many folks that have been waiting for DTA products to move on. DTA has a great platform but the issue of delivery times and answers given to folks either by dealers or the factory is I think is going to wear out with many. It is going to be very interesting reading over the next 30 days for sure. I have seen 2 of the new A1's come thru my dealer over the last 30 days and they are nice, but I will tell you my Dealer is frustrated to no end as they have many products in the pipeline with DTA. Like I stated it will be an interesting read going forward. The question still remains that the factory is busting products out as stated here on this thread and the question still remains....where are they going? I have no dog in this contest, I'm just a DTA owner wondering how this will effect issues if and when I need parts or service.

There are no warranty issues what so ever. They have parts in stock. What's upsetting to me is waiting 8 months for a barrel conversion and a year on a can. DTA has never said that its going to be a couple more weeks. The dealers are saying this because if they told the truth people would go find another dealer that lies and says 2 more weeks. Once people get fed up with hearing it, they will go for another platform. It's not DTAs fault that they built the baddest rifle to date and everyone wants one. They are a startup company without the funds to build a plant like Remington has. I bet those boys are working 6-7 days a week. I can tell Nick is stressed as hell just by his posts lately. I feel sorry for the guys. Cut them a break. It's the dealers that are ruining it. People will wait whatever it takes but they need to be told the truth. A few months ago I ordered a Wilson Combat AR. 18-24 month estimation. I had no problem with that and won't stress a bit. If my dealer told be 2 more weeks for 2 years I'd be pissed beyond belief and would probably cancel my order.

There are no warranty issues what so ever. They have parts in stock. What's upsetting to me is waiting 8 months for a barrel conversion and a year on a can. DTA has never said that its going to be a couple more weeks. The dealers are saying this because if they told the truth people would go find another dealer that lies and says 2 more weeks. Once people get fed up with hearing it, they will go for another platform. It's not DTAs fault that they built the baddest rifle to date and everyone wants one. They are a startup company without the funds to build a plant like Remington has. I bet those boys are working 6-7 days a week. I can tell Nick is stressed as hell just by his posts lately. I feel sorry for the guys. Cut them a break. It's the dealers that are ruining it. People will wait whatever it takes but they need to be told the truth. A few months ago I ordered a Wilson Combat AR. 18-24 month estimation. I had no problem with that and won't stress a bit. If my dealer told be 2 more weeks for 2 years I'd be pissed beyond belief and would probably cancel my order.

I can tell you are stressed as well, I never stated that there were warranty issues at DTA, in fact I have been treated very well by DTA on my (1) warranty issue! I never stated that it was DTA's fault. I can't comment if they have parts or not and won't. You need to read what I posted before blasting away, It is posts like this that keep this thread an interesting read. I hope you get your conversion and can soon.

We live in abnormal times - everyone is having trouble meeting demand, smaller shops in particular.

mikeltee
To be clear it is not my FFL that's telling me 2 weeks it's the DTA rep that stated this, I thought this was the case as well so I had my FFL call while I was on speaker. They were indeed told 2 weeks. I'm not saying that this is the end of the world, and I'm surly no trying to get any DTA employee in the hot seat, but it is what it is. I applauded Nick and all the others that take the time to post here and set things straight. I'm sure when they said 2 weeks they really hoped that it would be. As you said if its going to be November than just say so and I can live with that or not.

We live in abnormal times - everyone is having trouble meeting demand, smaller shops in particular.

This whole time, I was under the impression that only high capacity firearms (ie AR's, SCAR's, FN Five-seven) were not meeting the demand...

Unfortunatly I disagree and I wish you were correct. IMO this is now the NORM as that is what is wanted if you know what I mean, yes some of it is brought on by the desperate buying up anything they can get their hands on but in other ways I think it is by design as well. Time will tell and I hope I am wrong in my views!

Sorry, I don't think it's a liberal conspiracy. There's a pattern here: Democrat elected to White House, demand goes up. New gun legislation introduced and likely to pass, demand explodes.

I agree that it's become the norm but NOT by design. That would imply some sort of cartel is in existence. WE, the customer, have allowed this. This is a relatively small community, and people develop relationships and loyalties with their favorite manufacturers. The companies are often given a pass for behavior that would be considered unacceptable by a larger firm. The alternative is to thin the heard by taking our business to companies that can deliver. Of course, this would mean the end of innovative start-ups like DTA. We've put a premium on their product, and the cost is the extended lead time.

There's a reason companies like Remington win govt. contracts with arguably inferior products. They have the ability to organize and to fill the supply chain. Smaller businesses like DTA do not. Not trying to flame DTA, or anyone else, it's just the truth. From previous experience, I knew what I was in for...see U.S. Optics a few years back, the 1st run of Premiers, etc. That being said, a little communication would be appreciated. No need to post info on SH, just put it on the DTA site. Word will get out...QUICKLY.

I own a DTA SRS with 308 and 338LM conversions. I am looking at getting a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for it.

I am looking at these options: A Short Action Customs 26" 6.5 Creedmoor Bartlein barrel or a TS Customs 26" 6.5 Creedmoor Benchmark barrel (from Primal Rights).

Any preferences or opinions?

I shoot a DTA .260 conversion in my SRS most of the time. All I can say is that it shoots lights out. Nearly everything is well under 1/2" when shooting for groups and I have shot groups under 1/8". The only reason I would go with a custom caliber conversion over a DTA factory conversion is if they could get it to me significantly quicker, or had some sort of feature that I needed that DTA does not (like 5/8 X 24 thread pitch barrels).

What? November? Any truth to this DTA?

I too was told that new orders will not be filled until around November. Dealers that have orders placed will slowly get them throughout the summer and early fall. If you want one this summer, the only way to get one will be to contact a dealer that has a bunch on order and a short customer backorder list.

Maybe nov. 2014 for new orders which is not uncommon for a real popular weapon from a smaller shop. A 2 year wait wouldn't surprise me either. My 338 conversion is estimated Nov '13 and it was ordered feb 12th. It sounds like Nick is doing everything he can to expand his production line by outsourcing parts and hiring new machinists which I would imagine are on new machines. The more of these guns get out there the more they will be in demand. Everytime I shoot my DTA EVERYONE at the range asks me about it. Sure it's over most people's budget, especially when you got to drive 3 hours for 1000yd shot, but I guarantee 1 out of 20 people that ask will try to get one.

Maybe nov. 2014 for new orders which is not uncommon for a real popular weapon from a smaller shop. A 2 year wait wouldn't surprise me either.
Now you're just being silly. I've never heard of a factory stick taking 2 years.

HI dogtown , from Christchurch who are you contemplating producing your new barrel. Im running 308win ( 178 ,175gr AR2208 ) 300 winmag (208,225,230 gr AR2217) in my rifle and looking at doing the same as you set up for 300 gr Bergers 1/9 twist probably settle for a 30" barrel though .

Now you're just being silly. I've never heard of a factory stick taking 2 years.

I ordered a Wilson Combat AR in feb and its a 2 year estimate. The 1911s are 18 months minimum. Small boutique 1911s are anywhere from 2-5 year wait. I've read of some custom knives taking 10 years! 2 years ain't nothing for the best.

Last edited:
That's a really big ASS-umption. The previous poster that had an issue bought a "USED/DEMO" conversion kit. The kit I linked to is new. Unless Euro Optic is selling Used/Demo as New, I'd give them a call to confirm

Last edited:
I ordered a Wilson Combat AR in feb and its a 2 year estimate. The 1911s are 18 months minimum. Small boutique 1911s are anywhere from 2-5 year wait. I've read of some custom knives taking 10 years! 2 years ain't nothing for the best.

Last I heard Nighthawk Custom Pistols are out 30+ months on new orders.

That's a really big ASS-umption. The previous poster that had an issue bought a "USED/DEMO" conversion kit. The kit I linked to is new. Unless Euro Optic is selling Used/Demo as New, I'd give them a call to confirm

The previous poster (ME) bought a supposed UNUSED demo form Eurooptic. I now have serious doubts about it being unused. The bolt had lots of wear.

I hope Mikeltee has better luck. I am guessing he will since his will be new, and truly Unused.

Last edited:
HI dogtown , from Christchurch who are you contemplating producing your new barrel. Im running 308win ( 178 ,175gr AR2208 ) 300 winmag (208,225,230 gr AR2217) in my rifle and looking at doing the same as you set up for 300 gr Bergers 1/9 twist probably settle for a 30" barrel though .

Hey Simon! I've had Scott Trail at SSRNZ do a lot of rifle work for me and he's pretty familiar with the DTA setup now, so he'll be doing my new .338 barrel.

Yeah, but I don't think Wilson really compares well. Along with production firearms, they do a lot of custom/semi-custom work...just like Nighthawk. Either way, you have much more patience than I.

I ordered in February to make a November hunt. I thought that would be plenty of time. I'll guess we'll wait and see. I have back-ups, but I'd hate to have to hunt with the same rifle two years in a row! I like to keep Bambi guessing.

Wilson manufactures damn near all their parts just like DtA does. They have a separate line for rifles. I think that if I could compare any company to DTA it would be Wilson Combat and Nighthawk. They are the best you can get and just about everything is manufactured by themselves out of billet steel.

Soon enough DTA will offer options to their rifles to be configured how you want them... Just like WC. You will get a base gen 2 chassis and have the opportunity to add buttpads, cheek rests, and calibers to your liking. At least that is what I was told by DTA in Jan.

Last edited:
Ok. I don't agree for a number of reasons, but I don't want to derail the thread. Like I said, either way, you have much more patience than I.

Back on track here......Corey's DT SRS with a .338BR barrel and Gemtech brake/mount

Just finished up the .338 Benchrest barrel for Corey's rifle, lined up the brake and took a couple test shots to make sure the chamber is ok. All looks good. Here are some pics. Corey will have to post some when he gets the scope mounted. He had the rings done up too when he did the rest.....

Frank

Attachments

• DT SRS 338BR barrel with brake right.jpg
    DT SRS 338BR barrel with brake right.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 34
  • .338BR barrel front.jpg
    .338BR barrel front.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 36
  • DT SRS 338BR barrel with brake left.jpg
    DT SRS 338BR barrel with brake left.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 35
The reason I sold my A1 is because I saw no reason to pay an additional $700 for a damn cheek riser and new buttpad. I've been saying it for months in here. The A1 is the same thing as a Gen 2. My dealer has 2 gen 2s in stock for $700 cheaper than the A1. You guys are being silly all stressing out over this damn cheek riser which will be available for upgrade soon enough. Go out and seek a gen 2! I bought one in Feb knowing the A1 was right around the corner. That was definately not a mistake.

I CONCUR. Hell, I bought a Gen 1 a few months ago and couldn't be happier. We're talking about 1 difference with the Gen 1(from the Gen 2) and two differences with the Gen 2(from the A1). Moreover, the Gen 2's will be able to be upgraded to A1's with a couple parts.

The entire firearms industry has been backed up for about a year or more now. Dealers will always say shit about delivery dates. Unless they're a major distributor for DTA I wouldn't put too much stock in it. I think if folks have a problem about having to wait for an A1 there are plenty of other people willing to take their place in line. Pretty sure they'll regret walking away from DTA if they decide to. There really aren't any other rifles like them out there. Just think of it like an NFA item and forget about it, or buy a Gen 1/Gen 2.

I've got to agree with Creature and Mikeltee. I've been shooting my gen 1 for over 3 years now and have had no problems with the "old" features and had great success with the rifle. I've got 4 different barrels and 2 suppressors. It is indeed a very versatile platform that shoots better than most shooters are capable of finding out. I looked at the new A1 at the shot show and while there aren't any problems with them I don't see that they are really worth waiting for if a gen 1 or 2 comes along. All of them are capable and good quality so unless you just need one for display take whats available....

Just my opinion of course.

Frank

How far out will that be shot biffj. I love the hydrographics on it.

.338BR is intended for subsonic shooting so with 300gr SMK's or other heavies at 1050fps or so they are mainly short range types. I know guys hunting pigs and deer with them successfully at ranges up to 300yds. The trajectory is a bit rainbow like but if you can range your targets accurately the bullet is still going 800+ fps at 1000yds. Suppressed it is very very quiet. I test fired Corey's rifle with 2 shots at about midnight last night and didn't even wake up the neighbors dogs. The brake on this barrel for Corey isn't so much for the brake effect as it is to mount the suppressor he has for the .338 Lapua. No need to waste extra cash on another can for the same bullet diameter. In reality the .338BR can be loaded with 200gr Hornady's and pumped up to 2200fps out of my 17" bbl. Corey's rifle has a 20" barrel so he may be able to get a little more. In that case the brake may help some but the can will still work too. Considering the powder volume its a pretty impressive little round. A friend is shooting a .338BR in a remington with a 24" bbl and getting 2400fps out of the 200gr hornady SST's.
Corey had the hydro done on the rifle I pictured. He posted a number of times with pics of parts and I think he mentioned who did the work. You may have to look through a few pages to find it.

Frank

Today, EuroOptic just got a shipment from DTA. I just got shipping and tracking for my DTA SRS A1: Blk/FDE, chassis only. I ordered from EuroOptic in Jan 2013. Still waiting on 6.5 Creedmoor conversion. There weren't much conversion kits came in.

DTA manufactures quality products, they answer their phones, and have always been helpful and cheerful. Some of them, like Russ, have gone "above and beyond," for example coaching my shooting technique to suit the SRS. No wonder that more people are buying what they make.