• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

only gripe i have is that i don't get to shoot it enough!! both bolts where a bit sticky at first but now running nice with some oil. everytime i go out to play with the rifle i dam near run around clicking my heels, that dam thing makes me shoot beter then i really am. btw.......... whats a good zero range on these rifles with a 5-25x56 on a 40moa base? for both calbrs .308,.338lm

Harry,

I think it ultimately depends on the elevation in your scope. With my S&B 5-25 and 20 MOA base, I zero the 6.5 Creedmoor and 338lm at 100 yards. This allows me to have the full elevation that my scope has.

aaa yes that too! makes great since. i only been playing with the .308 so far. dam rifle is just fun to shoot, and the sound is so sharp and fast LOVE IT!! def need to do some math on my part. thank you

I zeroed my S&B 5-25x56 at 100yds with a 44.4moa Spuhr mount. That'll allow me to dial my 308win to ALMOST a mile. So yeah, waaaaaaaaaay more elevation than I'll ever need.

Side note: If anyone wants a factory DTA QD .30cal Muzzle Brake (factory threaded 3/4x24) PM me. I'll send it your way for $10. It worked very well and has all the shims. I just got my barrel threaded 5/8x24 (for new suppressor), don't need the brake anymore, and am posting here as I'd prefer it to go to a DTA owner as opposed to someone trying to flip it for profit. ***Brake is called for***

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a DTA Covert soft case, we have 2 left in multicam. They are the best way to tote your Covert around, by far!

DTA COVERT Soft Case

casesoftcovert-500x500.jpg

Side note: If anyone wants a factory DTA QD .30cal Muzzle Brake (factory threaded 3/4x24) PM me. I'll send it your way for $10. It worked very well and has all the shims. I just got my barrel threaded 5/8x24 (for new suppressor), don't need the brake anymore, and am posting here as I'd prefer it to go to a DTA owner as opposed to someone trying to flip it for profit.

PM Sent

I zeroed my S&B 5-25x56 at 100yds with a 44.4moa Spuhr mount. That'll allow me to dial my 308win to ALMOST a mile. So yeah, waaaaaaaaaay more elevation than I'll ever need.

Side note: If anyone wants a factory DTA QD .30cal Muzzle Brake (factory threaded 3/4x24) PM me. I'll send it your way for $10. It worked very well and has all the shims. I just got my barrel threaded 5/8x24 (for new suppressor), don't need the brake anymore, and am posting here as I'd prefer it to go to a DTA owner as opposed to someone trying to flip it for profit.

Thanks for the brake! Be careful in all that ice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been following this thread for quite some time and finally saved enough pennies to order a SRS A-1. I really wanted it in .260 Rem but wasn't able to locate an in stock factory conversion kit or get a solid date as to when one might become available, so I am having Mark Gordon and crew at SAC spin me up one of their customs (Bartlien barrel, 26", 8 twist, strait fluting, TB brake).

I'm really excited to get started and my SRS should be ready to go by the time all this damn snow finally melts (getting another foot as I write this).

I wanted to say thank you to Rob at Black Rifle Works for taking the time to answer all my questions and providing great customer service overall. I also wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and made it possible for me to make an informed buying decision.

I'll post pics and range results as things progress.

If anyone out there has a SAC barrel in .260, any input on load data would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's my OCW test on a SAC's 28" 260Rem: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...depot/22271-260-loads-only-8.html#post2738666

Ended up going with 43.7grs of H4350 loaded to 2.800"

Good info. Thanks.

How far off the lands are you at 2.800?

I have a small amount of h-4350 left... maybe a little less than a pound, but I have a good supply of h-4831sc. I will try your recipe with the 4350 I have left, but will have to find a good load with 4831 unless 4350 magically becomes available. H-4831 has worked very well for me in my .260 Rem chambered TRG-22. 46.7 gr behind a 139 Scenar produces consistent 3/8" groups on average. Hoping to see similar results with the SRS.

Anyone have a 16" 308 A1 barrel they are looking to part with. I have a 22" and would be nice to have things be a bit shorter. Just need a barrel, no bolt or mags.

Anyone have a 16" 308 A1 barrel they are looking to part with. I have a 22" and would be nice to have things be a bit shorter. Just need a barrel, no bolt or mags.

No but I have a A1 260 conversion kit I'm getting ready to put in the classifieds

Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Has anyone had a problem with the housing where detent pin is break off on the 308 bolt?

Last edited:
Yes bas402. I was shooting yesterday and shot it 3 times, then it wouldn't fire again. I pushed the pins in to take bolt apart and when it came out the carrier was broke.

That pin is spring loaded, I would have to look at one of mine to see if it is repairable or go back to DT. I can't remember how it is held in. Maybe some one could chime in that knows rather quickly.

It's not repairable I'm pretty sure. I'll call DT Monday to get it figured out. Just curious if it has happened before. I've had this rifle for about 4 years not a problem with it.

I have (2) gen1 bolts and have never had a problem with them except I had to send them back to have bushed. I haven't used them lately as I have since replaced both with Gen2's because I like the changeable bolt faces and the ease of disassembly.

whats anyones thoughts on this.... i have 22'' .308win barrel. how much more muzzle velocity and range is the 26'' .308 barrel? is it worth the cheese to grab it? note: im not reloading my own rds yet but will be soon. so it's store shelf rds right now.

whats anyones thoughts on this.... i have 22'' .308win barrel. how much more muzzle velocity and range is the 26'' .308 barrel? is it worth the cheese to grab it? note: im not reloading my own rds yet but will be soon. so it's store shelf rds right now.

+/- 100 FPS.

IMO not worth it.

If you want/need substantially more range/reach than a 308 is giving you, its time for a new cartridge, not a new barrel.

Does anybody have green SRS mag pouches in stock? Or does anybody know of any other MOLLE pouches that can hole them?

So I have my trigger adjusted to almost replicate a two-stage. I haven't taken apart my SRS to see how the trigger works but is it possible to swap the trigger spring to a lighter one? This will give me a more positive feel of the "2nd Stage"?

I zeroed my Vortex Razor 5-20x50 at 100m with the original DTA 40moa mount.

So don't worry that your mount would have too much cant. IMHO it is far better to have more than less. :)

Rmw what do you have in stock for a1s

SRS Chassis BLK/BLK, BLK/ODG, ODG/ODG

Conversions SRS - 338 LM, 300 WM, 22" .308

Covert BLK/BLK, BLK/ODG

Covert Conversion 18" 338 LM, 18" 300 WM, 16" .308

I have monopods, Torque Wrenches, HTI 30 MOA Mounts, Soft Cases, etc. I also have other accessories like Atlas bipods, Thunder Beast Suppressors, Nightforce Scopes, etc.

any interest in a dual case option (hard / soft) in the $380 ballpark? I just put mine together and am checking to see if anyone else would be interested - since this is primarily for my DTA, plus other kit and extra barrels. If there is interest, I will try to get some photos together.

Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

I zeroed my Vortex Razor 5-20x50 at 100m with the original DTA 40moa mount.

So don't worry that your mount would have too much cant. IMHO it is far better to have more than less. :)

Question. I have the HTI 30 moa mount from eurooptic on my covert. Scope is S&B PMII 5-25x56. My 308 barrel is sighted in at 100 yds 2 clicks from the bottom and 338 NM barrel is at the last click. I drew out turret travel and the moa angle on paper before i ordered everything and i was thinking i would be 6 clicks from the bottom. It does say 30 moa on the side. I guess you cannot ALWAYS have 40 moa rings and still have a 100 yd zero? Or does it depend on the gun/load?

Is your zero stop set? I'm running a Bushnell XRS with the DTA 40MOA mount and I'm able to 100yd zero the 260, 308, 300WM, and 338LM with 12 clicks remaining.

Used to run my s&b in a DTA 40moa, and am currently running a 3-20 in a spurh 44 moa mount.