• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Just got email back from them, I won't put the price on here but wow, cheapest I've checked! They are running 3 months right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Been a long time since I posted here. I thought I'd drop in. I ordered a suppressor, 1000 338 rounds, a 338 conversion and a few other things WELL OVER A YEAR AGO. After having my payment sent back to me twice, I am finally giving up. This is such bullshit. I have been given excuse after excuse. I used to be a proud DTA owner, and have sold many people in my community on them, and they purchased as well. After this bullshit, I will no longer praise the name DTA and this deal has left such a bad taste in my mouth that everything DTA will be cleared out of my safe. Best of luck to you guys. If you keep this up I'm sure it won't be too long before the majority take my opinion of your company.

Hey guys. Been a long time since I posted here. I thought I'd drop in. I ordered a suppressor, 1000 338 rounds, a 338 conversion and a few other things WELL OVER A YEAR AGO. After having my payment sent back to me twice, I am finally giving up. This is such bullshit. I have been given excuse after excuse. I used to be a proud DTA owner, and have sold many people in my community on them, and they purchased as well. After this bullshit, I will no longer praise the name DTA and this deal has left such a bad taste in my mouth that everything DTA will be cleared out of my safe. Best of luck to you guys. If you keep this up I'm sure it won't be too long before the majority take my opinion of your company.

Where did you order from? Directly from DTA? Why was your payment sent back? Fill in some gaps for us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh boy, nobody likes to hear these stories. Was the wait based on the fact you purchased a suppressor? I could see that, but there should have been no problem getting your 338 conversion and ammo in a reasonable time frame (?)

This was ordered directly from DTA. The wait had nothing to do with the suppressor. I made 2 separate orders. I did this because I was told by DTA that they subbed out the cans. Then Nick comes in here and says it's all made in house. Then another conversation with Ryan and he said they are subbed out as well. At least they could get their BS stories straight.

When I first ordered, they said nothing down. Ryan actually told me the can was in his hand and he would send me an invoice that week and get the can right to my FFL. 6 months went by and then the girl tells me it hasn't shipped because they require 100% down on the can, and 25% down on the rest, even though I called every couple months to make sure everything was on track. That payment was made immediately at that time. A month goes by and the checks weren't cashed. I called... They said they were lost and to resend, even though I have an email stating that they recieved them and they even sent me a copy of the check. They were resent only to be never cashed. I called them back and told them to shove it up their keister.

If you are a big agency you may get the time of day from DTA. They could give a rat's ass about us small guys though, even though I have sold at least a dozen systems for these guys. The DTA system is by far the best system out there for my needs. It's a damn shame that they do business like this.

Sent them Emails and Don has always responded with 24 hours. They have been great. Sent my SRS A1 in for some service and will let you know how things work out. The Emial service address is found on their website under contact.
I just received a call from Desert Tech (Morgan) yesterday that they had fixed the barrel swap issues with my DTA SRS A1 and were sending it back. Took them a little over two weeks for the repair including the shipping to them. Can't wait to get it back!

This was ordered directly from DTA. The wait had nothing to do with the suppressor. I made 2 separate orders. I did this because I was told by DTA that they subbed out the cans. Then Nick comes in here and says it's all made in house. Then another conversation with Ryan and he said they are subbed out as well. At least they could get their BS stories straight.

When I first ordered, they said nothing down. Ryan actually told me the can was in his hand and he would send me an invoice that week and get the can right to my FFL. 6 months went by and then the girl tells me it hasn't shipped because they require 100% down on the can, and 25% down on the rest, even though I called every couple months to make sure everything was on track. That payment was made immediately at that time. A month goes by and the checks weren't cashed. I called... They said they were lost and to resend, even though I have an email stating that they recieved them and they even sent me a copy of the check. They were resent only to be never cashed. I called them back and told them to shove it up their keister.

If you are a big agency you may get the time of day from DTA. They could give a rat's ass about us small guys though, even though I have sold at least a dozen systems for these guys. The DTA system is by far the best system out there for my needs. It's a damn shame that they do business like this.

Well maybe they can comment on this issue in the forum here.

Mike, I hate to hear that you've had such a difficult time with them. As you say, they are the best damn rifles out there!

I'd like to help you if I could. Part of the issue with going direct, is that you will have a harder time getting the individual attention that you may be used to. "Tactical" shooters are used to getting a lot better treatment, because we typically buy from Snipershide sponsors and approved dealers. Those reputations and recommendations are hard earned. At Primal Rights, we understand that and strive toward customer satisfaction every day. I'd hate to see you abandon the brand, if we are at all in a position to help.

We have been waiting for suppressors for a long time as well. Though we have serial numbers on F3's coming to us as I type this. As soon as the F3 clears, we will have a half dozen 338Ti's ready to F3 to your dealer.

Give me a call, and I'll see if we can get you squared away.

Mike, I hate to hear that you've had such a difficult time with them. As you say, they are the best damn rifles out there!

I'd like to help you if I could. Part of the issue with going direct, is that you will have a harder time getting the individual attention that you may be used to. "Tactical" shooters are used to getting a lot better treatment, because we typically buy from Snipershide sponsors and approved dealers. Those reputations and recommendations are hard earned. At Primal Rights, we understand that and strive toward customer satisfaction every day. I'd hate to see you abandon the brand, if we are at all in a position to help.

We have been waiting for suppressors for a long time as well. Though we have serial numbers on F3's coming to us as I type this. As soon as the F3 clears, we will have a half dozen 338Ti's ready to F3 to your dealer.

Give me a call, and I'll see if we can get you squared away.

Greg,

I got my bolt and mags the other day.

It was a pleasure doing business with you and thanks for your great customer service.

I am looking to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and a 338LM barrel, to replace my existing DTA Gen2 barrels. The DTA barrels have been great, I am just buying these new barrels for when my current DTAs are shot out. I have brakes already so I will need the barrels, Gen2 extensions, and have them threaded.

I have heard very good things about the barrels provided by some of the hide vendors (Orkan, SAC, and DTA). All are reported to do excellent work. They vary a bit in price, and by which brand barrel they use (i.e. Bartlein, Benchmark, etc.)

Are any of these barrels better than the others, or should I just buy based on the best price since they are all excellent?

Last edited:
I've yet to hear of a "bad" barrel or barrel company among us Hide sponsors that carry DTA products. All of the "big name" barrel manufacturers tend to produce some excellent products. With that said, we've seen some pretty itty bitty groups from these TS Customs barrels using Benchmark blanks. The key is, finding the dealer you work best with, that can work on your timeline, and can communicate effectively with you to make sure you're taken care of. We're a fully stocking DTA dealer and can provide custom barrels in nearly any configuration you can dream up. We would love an opportunity to earn your business. Give a call anytime!

I was cruising through the sale section on here and noticed a 26" DTA Gen 2 barrel w/extension for sale. It's stated as a Gen 2 but in parenthesis it states it will work in Gen 1 chassis'. Is this correct, will a Gen 2 barrel and extension work in a Gen 1 chassis?

Gen 2 will fit a gen 1, but not vice versa. I run a gen 2 260 in my gen 1 SRS and index it visually using the flutes and handguard. I've seen .1 mil return to zero and bughole 5 shot groups.

Gen 2 will fit a gen 1, but not vice versa. I run a gen 2 260 in my gen 1 SRS and index it visually using the flutes and handguard. I've seen .1 mil return to zero and bughole 5 shot groups.

Thanks for the information!! I've been keeping my eye out for a 260 setup when I found that .308 barrel I was referring to.

Goomer, all DT barrels are Lothar Walther SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for the reply
I've got a 338 and it cleans up nicely just like a stainless should I just received my 6.5X47 and am in the process of cleaning before I take it out it's cleaning more like a steel barrel black on the inside not nice and shiny like my 338
I'm not new to this been shooting for 20 years
Have become OCD over barrels so I like stainless much easier to clean

I finally got it reasonably clean it's stainless but boy what a pain In the butt to clean
I guess the 338 spoiled me
Even after 40rnds my 338 cleans up in 15 min been that way since new

Any of you know of any vendors that might have the Seekonk 70lb torque wrench with the 5mm socket in stock outside of Seekonk directly? Trying to track down a couple.

I have the Borka multi tool setup with 65 and 75lb settings, but should probably have something that gets me closer to 70.

Last edited:
I bought my Seekonk wrench from Pro Torque Tools ($105.12). They also sell the 3/8" 5mm drive bit ($4.79). Wrench shipped direct from Seekonk and arrived 8 days after I placed my order. Drive bit shipped from Pro Torque and was also very fast delivery. Links below...

Note: Free shipping from Pro Torque on orders over $200 - add shipping to these prices if you only need one wrench.

Torque wrench set to 70 inch-# for my SRS. Check what setting you need for your rifle...
BT-2L 3/8" Seekonk T handle Preset Slip Type Torque Wrench 3/8"Dr 2-80 inch lbs., locking type with hammer ends.

Seekonk BT-2L T Handle Torque Wrench 3/8 | Pro Torque Tools
Williams 5MM Hex Bit Socket 3/8 Dr

Funny thing... Pro Torque sales person mentioned they had sold quite a few in this combination. Go figure?

Best regards,
Bob

Last edited:
Just got done shooting my 6.5X47 conversion
I moved from 338 to 6.5 twice at the range my POI changed 2.5" to the right at 100yds for the 338
I can see I'm going to need another chassis I don't really see myself switching calibers on the same chassis all the time

Not true, my Gen 1.308 Win. factory barrel is Krieger (KBI).

jdboy, you are absolutely right. Some of the earlier barrels were Krieger. I failed to mention that, I have a couple myself. I took for granted that he was talking about his x47. I can say with 100% certainty that there is not a single factory x47 that isn't a SS LW barrel. haha.

Thank you for clarifying my info.

Russ @ Desert Tech.

Just got done shooting my 6.5X47 conversion
I moved from 338 to 6.5 twice at the range my POI changed 2.5" to the right at 100yds for the 338
I can see I'm going to need another chassis I don't really see myself switching calibers on the same chassis all the time

I have a similar POI shift between my 6.5 Creedmoor and 338LM. As long as each caliber returns to zero (which mine does), I don't see the need to have different chassis.

I zero the rifle for my 6.5CM, which I consider my primary caliber. Then I note the offset that my 338LM shoots at 100 yards. I then set up my calculator so the 338LM is a new bullet with the offset. This makes life easy.

I can make 1st round hits at 1000 yards with the 6.5 CM, then swap barrels to the 338LM. In the calculator, I switch to the 338LM bullet, then dial in the new dope. The DTA then delivers a 1st round hit at 1000 yards with the 338LM.

If you want a backup chassis, that is your call, but you don't really need one simply because the 6.5 and 338 zeros aren't the same.

Last edited:
How long does it take changes wise to wear out the chassis
I've heard people talk about getting their chassis rebuilt

I would not think changing barrels would ever wear out a chassis. If it did it would be a lot. The barrel comes out easy and the chassis does not "deflect" much when you torque down the barrel.

I have a Gen 1 chassis from the first batch in late 2008/early 2009 (can't remember exactly) and six conversions - and no sign of wearing out from swapping conversions. The only two hiccups I had with the chassis was:

1. I cerakoted the chassis a bit too liberally and had to hone it down where it interfaces with barrels

2. I bent the barrel index pin accidentally which didn't deadline the rifle, but it did make it difficult to get the exact timing on the barrels. The Warranty Dept got me a new pin in short order and I was back to normal in no time.

Any of you know of any vendors that might have the Seekonk 70lb torque wrench with the 5mm socket in stock outside of Seekonk directly? Trying to track down a couple.

I have the Borka multi tool setup with 65 and 75lb settings, but should probably have something that gets me closer to 70.

Or you can torque to 65 and shoot your rifle.
Then torque to 75 and shoot your rifle again.
Then, if you see any meaningful difference between accuracy of your rifle torqued to either 65 or 75, spend more money and buy another torque tool.

It has been a good week! Just picked up my TBAC 338BA today, got my new Kestrel AB and my Magneto V3 a few days ago. Went shooting this afternoon 64 degrees, sunny, gentle breeze...

Attachments

• newtbac338ba.JPG
    newtbac338ba.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

It has been a good week! Just picked up my TBAC 338BA today, got my new Kestrel AB and my Magneto V3 a few days ago. Went shooting this afternoon 64 degrees, sunny, gentle breeze...

Dose it fit over 338 brake I've been looking for one DT ones not available through my dealer

Last edited:
Yea, Benchmark's price and wait time on DTA barrels won't be matched.

Schneider is about 6 weeks from order to receiving. Gary has the DTA barrel blueprints on file and I think I paid $325 for my 6.5 barrel.

I've never had a more accurate barrel. I didn't even work up a load. Just started with 42.6 grains of H4350 and 139 lapuas. Got 2850 fps and shot five groups ranging from .25 down to .189.

Figured there was no where to go from there so I called it a day.

Schneider is about 6 weeks from order to receiving. Gary has the DTA barrel blueprints on file and I think I paid $325 for my 6.5 barrel.

I've never had a more accurate barrel. I didn't even work up a load. Just started with 42.6 grains of H4350 and 139 lapuas. Got 2850 fps and shot five groups ranging from .25 down to .189.

Figured there was no where to go from there so I called it a day.

Can you share contact for them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WP_20140421_003.jpg
It took over a year to get everything from thunder beast suppressor, scope, and rifle all together as one big happy family but it was worth it. When I was waiting for my rifle I was calling DTA every month to check on status. I was very proactive about making sure finances and everything lined up. The scope is Tan along with the suppressor dark earth. Keep at it and never give up!

I was just wondering whether any DTA reps could give us an update on the rumored 10 round mags that are supposed to be coming out?

Nick gave us an update a few months back (not sure which page). Basically the easy route was to make longer single-stack mags, but that makes it difficult to change out in prone. Changing the skins or chassis to more easily accept a wider, double-stack magazine is a road they don't want to take, so they are focused on making larger mags that work in the existing SRS design. The first priority was getting through the huge backlog from last year, which they have accomplished - the mags are a high priority and he's said they don't want to rush anything out just to feed demand and would rather make a solid performing product. I would guess we'll see them at some point later this year.

Ok noob question here. I have a DT SRS A1 with 3 barrels and DT QD muzzle brakes, .308, .300WM and .338LM. In the future (not right now because wanting to move state and set up a trust) I want to get a DT suppressor, will the one for the .338LM also work well on the .308 and .300WM? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Ok noob question here. I have a DT SRS A1 with 3 barrels and DT QD muzzle brakes, .308, .300WM and .338LM. In the future (not right now because wanting to move state and set up a trust) I want to get a DT suppressor, will the one for the .338LM also work well on the .308 and .300WM? Thanks in advance for any insight.

In a word yes. It will just be longer and heavier than say with a tbac 30ba. To the best of my knowledge the .338 can will fit on smaller calibers but the .30 cal can won't fit on the .338

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk