• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Figured I would show off SAC's beautiful work. I haven't had time to play with this rig yet but I love the feel of it.

Attachments

• 20201031_193637.jpg
    20201031_193637.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 173
I wouldn't be surprised if the carbon and steel weigh very similar

Hey- what happened with the pin replacement? Asking for future Gen 1 owners.
No reply from DT on the pin sizes so I measured them myself. They are coiled roll pins in either the 3mm by 10mm size (it sits flush at the bottom of the receiver so no wiggle room) or 3mm by 8mm size for the wiggle room.

I see a .223 conversion, but what’s the Carbon Fiber caliber and barrel weight?
It is a 18" 8 twist Proof chambered in 300 NM with a christensen arms titanium side port break. Finished barrel with break weighs 3lb 4.8oz

Reactions: Mr. Z
I wouldn't be surprised if the carbon and steel weigh very similar
The 223 barrel is a bartlien 18" 6.5 twist, sac ultralight contour and it weights 3lb 11.3oz.
6.5oz heavier than than the carbon barrel with the break. If you take off the break the carbon barrel is a half a pound lighter.

Its a little hard to read the scale but the 300NM conversion is 8lb 10.1oz
The 223 conversion is 9lb 4.5oz
That with a 9 slot aluminum rail and monopod, magazines to obviously.

Attachments

• 20201031_191953.jpg
    20201031_191953.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: davesa
Mine is second focal plane enhanced. It’s 14.3 inches long! That’s why I went with it for the covert.

Reactions: TMR137
Looks like it should fit.... I use a suppressor 99% of the time so a little overhang probably wouldn’t matter anyways. Time to get it ordered up.
thanks

Reactions: Snipe260
Looks like it should fit.... I use a suppressor 99% of the time so a little overhang probably wouldn’t matter anyways. Time to get it ordered up.
thanks
It will be closer to the end. No overhang unless you have sunshade on.

Question. What color krylon matches up with the fde on deserttech. I used khaki and it almost looks pink lol. Gonna coat it with something darker for hunting season until I send whole gun to shortbus

Can't wait to get mine delivered. It will be here just in time for our deer rifle season here in PA. What Caliber are you using Hondo

Can't wait to get mine delivered. It will be here just in time for our deer rifle season here in PA. What Caliber are you using Hondo
180gr CT ballistic Silvertip
42.8gr of Varget
2.88" OAL

Will work great in your new gun. Wasn't a speed demon but was an incredibly accurate deer dropper.

Reactions: Raven34
180gr CT ballistic Silvertip
42.8gr of Varget
2.88" OAL

Will work great in your new gun. Wasn't a speed demon but was an incredibly accurate deer dropper.

I'm like a kid having to wait for mom and dad to wake up christmas morning! I got some black hills 175gr coming to throw some rounds down range. But I am definitely going to work some loads up. Hopefully before the season.

2880 with the 212’s and RL26. I was pleasantly surprised during load work ups.
Love it. I have a 26” Proof 300 PRC and it’s a hammer. How much does your rig weigh Hondo, without the bipod and suppressor?

What twist rate are you using for the .300 PRC. Thinking about ordering a 28 in barrel from estactical.
It depends what bullets you want to run. If you were leaning towards heavy like the 230 and 250 atip or even the 225 eldm I would get a 1in 8

It depends what bullets you want to run. If you were leaning towards heavy like the 230 and 250 atip or even the 225 eldm I would get a 1in 8

I’m pushing the 230 atips just fine with 1:9. If I were planning to run the 250s I probably would’ve got a 1:8 twist.

Very nice. Eric does great work.
First barrel I’ve had from him but I think it will be a shooter. That’s Hornsby factory 143 eldx. Got some custom loaded 156 Berger elite hunter coming to try. Barrel is 7.5 twist!

I've gotten 3 barrels from him this year and they're excellent (and a good value!). He seems to have really dropped off the radar lately though - hope he's ok.

Reactions: Snipe260
I've gotten 3 barrels from him this year and they're excellent (and a good value!). He seems to have really dropped off the radar lately though - hope he's ok.

He’s super busy. He quit taking new orders for awhile just so he could catch up. I’d really like to get a prefit from him for my AI, but he’s not doing those at the moment.

Last edited:
I’m pushing the 230 atips just fine with 1:9. If I were planning to run the 250s I probably would’ve got a 1:8 twist.
It depends on your elevation and temp. Also just because there not tumbling doesn't mean your BC isn't being degraded. What I was getting at is if you are leaning towards heavy bullets and your getting a new barrel why not go 1 in 8 there is no down side to a little extra twist.

Last edited:
Really Impressed with how the factory barrels shoot(srs a1). Makes a below average shooter like me look good. These groups are at 100yds with factory 26in 6.5c barrel and vortex amg using

41.5 h4350
140eld

C05EC2C2-791F-4D24-9804-49C3735CF306.jpeg

All groups are at least 5 rounds with a couple of 6s while I was adjusting scope. Unfortunately I think the rifle will be going up for sale as I couldn’t get behind the rifle consistently