• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

I purchased two new short action magazines (10 rounders) and one is having a problem picking up 308 Winchester rounds (factory 168 SMK). The only way I'm getting it to feed correctly is by rocking the magazine forward. Have any of you experienced a similar issue and if so what was your fix?

I purchased two new short action magazines (10 rounders) and one is having a problem picking up 308 Winchester rounds (factory 168 SMK). The only way I'm getting it to feed correctly is by rocking the magazine forward. Have any of you experienced a similar issue and if so what was your fix?
So the nose is hitting below the feed ramp and binding up? I’ve had one or two do that. Just tweak the feed ramps open a hair so the nose of the round presents higher.

9BAE525F-1156-4094-A02B-EFA9BCD42898.jpeg
First kill with the DT this past weekend

Decided to part with my A1 if you guys know anyone looking. Keeping the A2 but I got the itch to try a straight hunting build with an impact action.

I'm looking at the new Zeiss LRP S5; to use the 140 MOA travel, you're going to need almost a 70MOA base. Two options currently have my attention the ERATAC adjustable and the SPUHR 41808 (https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-sp-41808-34mm-picatinny-mount-18mil-61-8moa/)

I'd prefer the SPUHR as that's what I'm running with my TT on SRS and ATACR on HTI (the 38mm/1.49" high and 44.4MOA/13MRAD cant models in 34mm size); however that linked SPUHR 41808 is 1.73" tall (44mm), which is 6mm or 0.24" taller than the 38mm Spuhr I have on there now. So, I'm wondering if any of you have actually used this exact Spuhr on an SRS or HTI and if it was too high to get a good cheek weld and sight picture.

(Holding off on the ERATAC now because I don't want to adjust it, just set it up at approximately a 100 yard zero to get as far as I can with 338LM and 375CT and 50BMG before attaching the Charlie - to me that's one of the big advantages of the new Zeiss, its massive elevation travel.)

I
I'm looking at the new Zeiss LRP S5; to use the 140 MOA travel, you're going to need almost a 70MOA base. Two options currently have my attention the ERATAC adjustable and the SPUHR 41808 (https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-sp-41808-34mm-picatinny-mount-18mil-61-8moa/)

I'd prefer the SPUHR as that's what I'm running with my TT on SRS and ATACR on HTI (the 38mm/1.49" high and 44.4MOA/13MRAD cant models in 34mm size); however that linked SPUHR 41808 is 1.73" tall (44mm), which is 6mm or 0.24" taller than the 38mm Spuhr I have on there now. So, I'm wondering if any of you have actually used this exact Spuhr on an SRS or HTI and if it was too high to get a good cheek weld and sight picture.

(Holding off on the ERATAC now because I don't want to adjust it, just set it up at approximately a 100 yard zero to get as far as I can with 338LM and 375CT and 50BMG before attaching the Charlie - to me that's one of the big advantages of the new Zeiss, its massive elevation travel.)
Have an older A1, so I purchased a comfy gel from God a Grip. Works perfectly. But I'm using a 30 MOA DT mount. I want to switch to the new ARC M Brace mount. I like that over my DT or SPUHR

I

Have an older A1, so I purchased a comfy gel from God a Grip. Works perfectly. But I'm using a 30 MOA DT mount. I want to switch to the new ARC M Brace mount. I like that over my DT or SPUHR
I like the ARC mounts too but they don't make a 60 MOA in a tall version tall enough for the bell to clear at 60 MOA.

Get a picatinny rail riser I guess...
Then I'm right back at SPUHR in terms of overall height and cost, and now I have 2 part mount rather than one. Looks like I'll be getting the SPUHR and reporting back unless somebody comes by with some pics or experience with this problem/combo

Do y'all's DT Proof barrels not have accomodations for the lock detent? just got one in and the lock thing won't engage

I've had barrels from EST that have the locking groove, but I've seen a number of Proof carbon barrels that don't (at least one was from Special Purpose Rifles). There may just be something to the contour that prevents it?

Reactions: ChidJ and 65x55guy
It's just that they don't machine it in there because its dumb. The only thing it's good for is making sure the barrel doesn't fall out when you don't have the clamp screws tightened. If you close the bolt it accomplishes the same job.

Reactions: 65x55guy
Decided to part with my A1 if you guys know anyone looking. Keeping the A2 but I got the itch to try a straight hunting build with an impact action.

Put up an A2 Covert and some conversions as well. Give me a shout if you know someone that wants to join in the insanity. 😂

Reactions: waveslayer
Eric as ES Tactical has my .338LM Improved 40 degree reamer so I would expect to see it as an option on his website in Jan.

EDIT: Just to add, given a barrel with this chamber, what you can do to get started is fire some vanilla .338LM ammo you've already loaded (virgin brass is best in this case). Send some of that fireformed brass to a place that makes custom dies like Whidden, CH4D, Warner, etc and have them make you a set of dies to that chamber. PM if you want the reamer specs. I also have a bunch of different loads to share.

Last edited:
Thought I would share my first trip to MCSA back in October. Shown is my A2 covert with 16" 308 barrel, Trijicon 1-8x, and 7" Thunder Beast Suppressor (direct thread). Easily making hits out to 700 yards, could've gone further...probably should've in retrospect but that will NOT be the last time I visit MCSA! I had brought a total of 4 rifles, started with the little guy first. After I shot everything, I returned to this rifle because I had also brought some 200gr PPU subsonic ammo that I wanted to try out. I'm sure most of you are more aware of what it takes to shoot subsonic ammo but since this was my first time shooting it past 100 yards, I thought it was crazy....not sure how to put it into words. BUT, with my standard velocity zero, it too 3.5 Mils to hit at 100. No clue what it took to shoot out to 200 but I made an educated guess, was close enough to witness the miss, make the correction and BAM, on target at 200 yards....took 8.5 Mils. I was about to stop but instead I made another guess and added 6 Mils, I'm now at 14.5 Mils (kinda suprised I was able to dial that much elevation with that 1-8x) and took the shot. Just high, made a correction and it hit exactly where I intended. End result, 14.3 Mils to impact steel at 300 yards, LOL.

Attachments

• 20211028_090903.jpg
    20211028_090903.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: ChidJ
Part 2 of the previous pic/story I shared about my first trip to MCSA. Shown is my A1 rifle with 24" 6.5cm barrel, Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x, thread adapter, AAC 51T muzzle device, and AAC 762-SDN 6 suppressor. I should've just swapped the direct thread Thunder Beast can over but I wanted to see how this would do, and the fact that I had brought a total of 4 rifles and thought it was cool that all of them wore their own suppressor! So, I was shooting new-to-me ammunition....Atomic 6.5cm, loaded with the Sierra 142 MatchKing HPBT. This was also my first time shooting this barrel, I had bought it from a guy on here. I do have another 6.5cm rifle and the only ammunition I've ever shot was Factory Hornady loaded stuff. WOW, this could not have gone better!!! Super impressed. Granted I'm working my way out using DOPE from my other 24" 6.5cm rifle....it's not exact but it's close. My first attempt on the plate at 1000 yards had a red dot in the middle....and I was just low/right of the red dot. What a great time!

Attachments

• 20211028_094810.jpg
    20211028_094810.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: ChidJ
So I want a long action conversion for raping steel at the bench. I’m thinking 300 PRC since I’m too much of a puss I think for 338 lapua. Tired of hearing the 6.5cm plink the steel with no authority at 1k yards.

Who all shoots 300 prc out of their DT’s? Any issues with mag or running? I’ll just be shooting factory ammo (for now). Thinking of Travis at TS Customs spin me up a 28” 1:9 benchmark

So I want a long action conversion for raping steel at the bench. I’m thinking 300 PRC since I’m too much of a puss I think for 338 lapua. Tired of hearing the 6.5cm plink the steel with no authority at 1k yards.

Who all shoots 300 prc out of their DT’s? Any issues with mag or running? I’ll just be shooting factory ammo (for now). Thinking of Travis at TS Customs spin me up a 28” 1:9 benchmark
I'm running a 300 PRC out of a 28" tube my brother runs one out of a 28.5" tube. No issues at all in mags. It's a tack driver. I had Dane at DMR make ours. Get one from him and we can share some load data since the same reamer etc...

Reactions: HenryTheAce
I'm running a 300 PRC out of a 28" tube my brother runs one out of a 28.5" tube. No issues at all in mags. It's a tack driver. I had Dane at DMR make ours. Get one from him and we can share some load data since the same reamer etc...
What he run ya if ya don’t me asking? TS was $1200 for the barrel cerakoated (no fluting)

I’d like to reload but unfortunately I’m going to be blasting factory ammo until I dive into the reloading game.

The 300wm/7mm bolt assembly for the 300 prc correct, along with 300wm magazine?
I'm running the 300wm bolt.
As far as how much... you'll have to ask Dane.. he's a friend... but he'll be very fair. I run several barrels from him
All insanely accurate

I run 300 Norma out of a 22 in tube and it's a monster. There isn't a whole lotta difference between the 300prc and the Norma.

I run 300 Norma out of a 22 in tube and it's a monster. There isn't a whole lotta difference between the 300prc and the Norma.
What velocity are you getting out of the 22" I'm running a 22" .338 Norma AI. Getting 2740... my PRC out runs it

Not exactly apples to apples, but I'm running a 25 PRC. No issues with feeding from a LA mag. I used ES Tactical. I went with a 26" straight barrel, but in hindsight, I wish I would've gone with a 28"

I have a proof barrel from SAC. The factory ammo is frankly a huge disappointment (SAC also has gotten poor results with it). I’m sure hand loading will get great results, but I definitely regret buying the tons of factory ammo that I bought when it first dropped.

I have a proof barrel from SAC. The factory ammo is frankly a huge disappointment (SAC also has gotten poor results with it). I’m sure hand loading will get great results, but I definitely regret buying the tons of factory ammo that I bought when it first dropped.
Ahhh man, not what I wanted to hear. I don’t see myself jumping into the reloading game anytime soon. Just planning on factory ammo. Wondering if 300wm or 300 norma would be a better choice

Ahhh man, not what I wanted to hear. I don’t see myself jumping into the reloading game anytime soon. Just planning on factory ammo. Wondering if 300wm or 300 norma would be a better choice
I own barrels in those chamberings as well and both are hammers. Strongly recommend the Norma in particular. It’s obviously more expensive to shoot, but I don’t find myself sending that many rounds down range each session because it’s so boringly accurate! I shoot factory Hornady and Federal ammo.

I own barrels in those chamberings as well and both are hammers. Strongly recommend the Norma in particular. It’s obviously more expensive to shoot, but I don’t find myself sending that many rounds down range each session because it’s so boringly accurate! I shoot factory Hornady and Federal ammo.
Hows the recoil difference between the 300 prc and 300 Norma?

Reactions: CSGambill
Hows the recoil difference between the 300 prc and 300 Norma?
No discernible difference. I get approximately 94% of 300 Norma velocity shooting the same bullet in 300 PRC out of the same length barrel. If not for the poor accuracy of the factory ammo, I’d be very happy with 300 PRC. The price when Hornady first released it was excellent.

No discernible difference. I get approximately 94% of 300 Norma velocity shooting the same bullet in 300 PRC out of the same length barrel. If not for the poor accuracy of the factory ammo, I’d be very happy with 300 PRC. The price when Hornady first released it was excellent.
Man, wonder why the factory ammo isn’t very accurate. That’s too bad

Wondering if anyone would do a 30-378 weatherby with a 32-34 in barrel?

Man, wonder why the factory ammo isn’t very accurate. That’s too bad
it’s really frustrating. I bought a couple thousand rounds when it first dropped and was priced at 1.6 or so a round. I have always had good luck with Hornady factory ammo.

it’s really frustrating. I bought a couple thousand rounds when it first dropped and was priced at 1.6 or so a round. I have always had good luck with Hornady factory ammo.
That's unfortunate. I've reloaded my 300 prc since getting it, but had thought of buying some Hornady ammo as "backup". I may still buy a box just to see how it shoots out of my barrel.

Ended up getting a 300 PRC conversion. Maybe this will force me to jump into reloading. Decided to go with SAC.

They’re spinning up a 28” Bartlein 1:8 twist for me. They’re 1:9’s were a couple months out from getting them.. no issues running 1:8 twist for anyone? Seems a little fast but they assured me it would be fine and room to grow for heavier bullets should I decided to reload.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hondo1
Ended up getting a 300 PRC conversion. Maybe this will force me to jump into reloading. Decided to go with SAC.

They’re spinning up a 28” Bartlein 1:8 twist for me. They’re 1:9’s were a couple months out from getting them.. no issues running 1:8 twist for anyone? Seems a little fast but they assured me it would be fine and room to grow for heavier bullets should I decided to reload.

How long did they quote you? Did they have one in stock? I've got 3 in queue and they told me up to 12 months

How long did they quote you? Did they have one in stock? I've got 3 in queue and they told me up to 12 months
They have 28” 1:8 twist Bartlein SS barrel in stock along with some 26” proof cf. said it should be quick 2-3 months

What velocity are you getting out of the 22" I'm running a 22" .338 Norma AI. Getting 2740... my PRC out runs it
Shooting 220 sierra and 84.5 of retumbo I get 2990. It's a decently hot load, but my sd is usually around 3 for a 5 shot group. I will say the Lapua brass is so much nicer than the federal. I can go 3 or more grains higher with Lapua.
Also I tried the heavier bullets, 230 to 250. My little barrel seems to like the 215 and 220's

Reactions: waveslayer