• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official MDT 6BR Magazine Thread

I can’t speak to what others do, but my approach is to fight 11 and 12 into the mag, run the bolt like I damn well mean it on the first two rounds, and keep my ears peeled for a better solution.

ETA: The benefits of spare rounds on a 10-rd stage, or no mag change on a 12-rd stage, outweigh the difficulty of getting the mag loaded, for me anyway.
We are sorry to hear this; if you remove the bottom plate and slightly shave down the follower legs, does it help relieve the pressure?

Anyone tried taking the spring out and compressing it by putting a book or something heavy on it for a while? Sounds like the spring is to strong or not enough room in the magazine chamber. Almost lot it needs to fit 1/2 a round more to make it function smoothly.

Anyone tried taking the spring out and compressing it by putting a book or something heavy on it for a while? Sounds like the spring is to strong or not enough room in the magazine chamber. Almost lot it needs to fit 1/2 a round more to make it function smoothly.
I have the 10rd new production 6mmbr mag and I trimmed the legs of the follower it helped some but it also seems like the new steel bodies bulge too. The 10th round of the 6br mag and the steel 223 mags both have problems with lips opening and body bulging to the point they are tight in the mag well. I just bought them on black friday to try out and have good running mags so its not a big deal these are turds but I would skip or return them not sure you can fix them.

Reactions: Dolomite
We are sorry to hear this; if you remove the bottom plate and slightly shave down the follower legs, does it help relieve the pressure?
Funny you should ask, and I appreciate you taking the time to check back! I actually just did this, here was my experience:

- I've wanted a "full mag" indicator for awhile, because I'm a little neurotic about having a fully loaded mag going into a stage and I often lose count. So, then I have to unload the whole mag and reload it...anywho. I decided to go very low-tech, and just figured out where the follower spine is when the mag is fully loaded, with the intent of drilling through the mag wall and into the spine to leave a little neon dot.
- Much to my surprise, the feet of the follower protrude well past the bottom of the mag when it's fully loaded. The spring isn't the issue, it's that the magazine literally does not have enough room for 12 rounds plus the follower; the way you "fit" 12 rounds in there is by swelling the mag body as @terrell35744 notes. The follower sticks out about 3/8" of an inch from the bottom of the mag, I'd say.
- So, I cut off about 1/4" of the four follower feet and checked function, seemed to work fine so I did it to my other mag, then went back to my original plan. Drilled the holes, painted a little dot of neon on the follower, and now I can fit 12 rounds without a pry bar and can also tell when I'm all full.
- Haven't had a chance to run the mags in a match or practice yet as I just yanked the BR barrel, but I'll update when I do.

I appreciate MDT following up, but do you mind if I ask why you issued a design with dimensions that clearly can't truly fit the advertised round count? You've shipped updated mag followers (for free, I'll add, many thanks), did MDT just experience follower tipping when the feet were shortened?

ETA: If anyone's interested in my little DIY mod, I can post pics

Reactions: DIBBS and Dolomite
Funny you should ask, and I appreciate you taking the time to check back! I actually just did this, here was my experience:

- I've wanted a "full mag" indicator for awhile, because I'm a little neurotic about having a fully loaded mag going into a stage and I often lose count. So, then I have to unload the whole mag and reload it...anywho. I decided to go very low-tech, and just figured out where the follower spine is when the mag is fully loaded, with the intent of drilling through the mag wall and into the spine to leave a little neon dot.
- Much to my surprise, the feet of the follower protrude well past the bottom of the mag when it's fully loaded. The spring isn't the issue, it's that the magazine literally does not have enough room for 12 rounds plus the follower; the way you "fit" 12 rounds in there is by swelling the mag body as @terrell35744 notes. The follower sticks out about 3/8" of an inch from the bottom of the mag, I'd say.
- So, I cut off about 1/4" of the four follower feet and checked function, seemed to work fine so I did it to my other mag, then went back to my original plan. Drilled the holes, painted a little dot of neon on the follower, and now I can fit 12 rounds without a pry bar and can also tell when I'm all full.
- Haven't had a chance to run the mags in a match or practice yet as I just yanked the BR barrel, but I'll update when I do.

I appreciate MDT following up, but do you mind if I ask why you issued a design with dimensions that clearly can't truly fit the advertised round count? You've shipped updated mag followers (for free, I'll add, many thanks), did MDT just experience follower tipping when the feet were shortened?

Yes please post some pics.

Hopefully MDT will issue new followers based on your review.

Last edited:
I have a 10 and 12 round BR mag. I can fit 10 rounds of Dasher in the 12 and 8 rounds in the 10. I shaved the legs on the follower, but no change. It seems the spring stack is completely compressed and the mag body just isn't long enough.

Any updates on this? Have a 12 that is a PITA to get 10 or so in. I will say, it is new and letting it soak for a week or so at full capacity.
Be sure to let our customer support team know via the support portal on our website: MDT Support Centre !

There shouldn't be a situation where it is hard to load 10 rounds in a 12 round magazine!

You're very welcome and always happy to help. I have passed this info onto our team and will look into it further.

Once you have run these magazines in a match, please let us know, we would love to hear how it went.

Yes please post some pics.

Hopefully MDT will issue new followers based on your review.
Turns out I only took off about 0.175", felt like more. I used neon yellow finger nail polish for the indicator. Pics of unaltered follower:
IMG_8736.jpg
IMG_8737.jpg

Modified follower and mag (recommend drilling the hole in the mag first, then load the mag and drill the small divot in the follower through the mag wall to ensure alignment):
IMG_8738.jpg
IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_8740.jpg
IMG_8742.jpg

Turns out I only took off about 0.175", felt like more. I used neon yellow finger nail polish for the indicator. Pics of unaltered follower:
View attachment 8338917View attachment 8338918

Modified follower and mag (recommend drilling the hole in the mag first, then load the mag and drill the small divot in the follower through the mag wall to ensure alignment):
View attachment 8338919View attachment 8338920
View attachment 8338921View attachment 8338922
Nice work!!! I’m not going to ask about the yellow nail polish since I wear red 😂😂 but thanks for the info!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: KnowNothing256
I have 2 of the MDT 6BR 12rd mags and one of the 10rd mags. All 3 of them will not feed. I have a 6 Dasher/Impact/Foundation/Hawkins setup. Obviously a very common build. The 12rd mags swell up with 12rds in them and will not fit into the bottom metal. With 10rds in them (12rd mag) they will not feed. I’ve tinkered with them for hours. The 10rd mag is the same way. In contrast, my AI mags with the Primal Rights kits in them run perfectly fine. Those 12rd mags fucked me on 2 stages last weekend. Ultimately my fault for not better testing them before a match. My dumbass just ordered 2 of them metal .223 mags also. If they don’t feed flawlessly from the start, I’ll be sending them back for a refund. This shit isn’t like splitting atoms. It’s a fucking magazine. And now days pretty much everyone is using a round based off of only 3 different parent cases.

I'm having the same problems as you guys. I brought the 10 round br mag to the range for the first time yesterday to use it for 6 dasher. I can get 10 rounds in it using the mdt mag loader. The 10th round is a little hard to get in, I just don't want to dent my brand new alpha brass.

The first round coming out of the mag almost always jams up. I think only once I got the first round to go in but I had to really jam on the bolt. I was nervous about jamming the bullet in the case. The second round was a little easier and fed most of the time I think it only jammed up a couple of times. The third and the rest was decent but would have random jams of I tried to run the bolt slow and steady. If I want it to work I have to run the bolt pretty hard. I have a 12 round one to but I didn't try that one yet.

It's the terminus Zeus in the mdt acc premier chassis.

What are my other options for a mag that works? I need a 12 round mag because some of the stages now are 12 rounds.

You know what sucks, it seems like almost everything gun related you have to mess with to make it work. Have you ever had any new car parts you had to bend, weld, grind or heat to make work? I rarely do. I just put an LS in a 86 gmc 3500 and everything just bolted right together.

I'm having the same problems as you guys. I brought the 10 round br mag to the range for the first time yesterday to use it for 6 dasher. I can get 10 rounds in it using the mdt mag loader. The 10th round is a little hard to get in, I just don't want to dent my brand new alpha brass.

The first round coming out of the mag almost always jams up. I think only once I got the first round to go in but I had to really jam on the bolt. I was nervous about jamming the bullet in the case. The second round was a little easier and fed most of the time I think it only jammed up a couple of times. The third and the rest was decent but would have random jams of I tried to run the bolt slow and steady. If I want it to work I have to run the bolt pretty hard. I have a 12 round one to but I didn't try that one yet.

It's the terminus Zeus in the mdt acc premier chassis.

What are my other options for a mag that works? I need a 12 round mag because some of the stages now are 12 rounds.

You know what sucks, it seems like almost everything gun related you have to mess with to make it work. Have you ever had any new car parts you had to bend, weld, grind or heat to make work? I rarely do. I just put an LS in a 86 gmc 3500 and everything just bolted right together.
There are three separate feeding issues I’ve experienced with these mags, aside from the loading stuff I posted earlier. Two of them aren’t the mag’s fault in my opinion.

1.) First round of a full mag won’t come out. This is because the mags don’t actually have room for their advertised count, so the follower is pressing that first round too hard into the feed lips, causing lots of friction. You can improve this slightly by tuning the lips: gentle sanding and bending of the contact surfaces. Mine still do this, my solution is to reduce the rounds when I can’t and pound the first round out with the bolt when I can’t. This issue is the mag’s fault.

2) The rounds jam against the breech during slow feed, AFTER the round fully releases from the mag. This is a complex issue, there are lots of independent variables. If your bolt design will allow, adjust the mag higher in the chassis. If you can’t adjust mag height, you need to address that, it’s an important feature. If your bolt won’t allow this (bolt hits the feed lips when the mag is raised) you can consider sanding down the rear end of the lips and keeping the mag high, but this will cause drag on the underside of the bolt when running it. Can also consider modifying the breech to add a feed ramp or cone, but that’s also a lot of work.

3) The rounds jam against the breech during normal-speed operation. This is probably on you, the feed lips likely need to be tuned. You can find videos on how to do this.

It sounds to me like you need to tune the lips at a minimum, and you also need to figure exactly what part of the feeding process is causing the jams. Can’t fix the problem if you don’t know what the root cause is.

Lastly, sounds like you need to practice fast mag changes. There are AICS mag extenders out there, but they’re very tall and can cause issues on props like tractor tires. Mag changes don’t take that long, and you need that skill anyway in case you get a jam on the clock; pull the mag, clear the jam if needed, then put in a new mag. Usually dropping the mag clears the jam, unless you had a double-feed.

Reactions: louu
I have 2 of the newer body 12rd mags (black friday sale) and one older style body with new spring and follower mdt sent me. In my impact with otm bm and foundation they all have fed perfectly. They are a bit stiff to drop mag cuz they are just a bit thicker than my accurate mags but that's not that big of a deal to me. *knocks on wood*

I have 2 of the newer body 12rd mags (black friday sale) and one older style body with new spring and follower mdt sent me. In my impact with otm bm and foundation they all have fed perfectly. They are a bit stiff to drop mag cuz they are just a bit thicker than my accurate mags but that's not that big of a deal to me. *knocks on wood*
How can you tell the difference between the new mag and the old mag? I got mine in 2022.

I just bought mine last month and apparently I have the “older” version as well. Seems odd….
That 12th round is like stuck in the mag when loading. No extra space its so tight it wants to nose dive.

Just wanted to add some info here. If you are having issues with the ass end of the round sinking down in the mag and the bolt not picking it up, or skimming it and pushing it forward, but not into the chamber, try this…… remove your spring and pinch each the “V’s” together some. This is going to compress the spring some and give it slightly less upward force on the follower. This seems like the exact opposite thing to do, but after fucking with these things for hours, I finally realized it. I kept stretching the spring more and more thinking I needed more upward force on the follower to keep the ass end pushed up since it always showed to be sunk down after the 1st round was chambered. The way the spring sits, it was just putting more force on the front of the follower, thus making the problem worse. After pinching the Vs down some, it created a more balanced pressure across the whole follower. The spring still has more than enough tension. I tried it with 12, 10, 7, and 3 rounds. It fed good everytime.

I don’t know if this will help anyone else, but it’s worth a try. Especially if you are having issues with the ass end of the round sinking down.

Last edited:
Picked up 2 12round mags from the Black Friday sale, I tried to get 12rounds in them with no luck. I ended up taking the follower out and compressing the spring into the follower as much as I could, then marking where the spring sat when fully compressed. This is where I cut the follower. I also crimped the spring to allow it to compress more. Now it fits 12 rounds no problem and feeds great in my arc Mausingfield running 6brx.

I hit the cut edges with 600grit paper, and I made sure the spring doesn’t stick out past the follower where it attaches as this caused binding.

MDT CS has always been great in responding and helping find a solution. I’m sure they’ll help us figure this out!!! Would be nice to get a shorter follower if that is the fix.

Last edited:
Follow up so I sanded the bottom of the follower using a sheet of course sandpaper on a piece of glass. Removed 2mm and now the 12th round fits with a little space to spare. It’s still a little difficulty getting that 12th round in but it goes in way easier. Not sure if I should sand more.

Last edited:
I have the 10 round version (black friday special). I can fit 10 in the mag but anything after 8 will not chamber. The 9th and 10th rounds seem to be nosediving and getting jammed up.

Anyone have success with the Primal Rights kit in an AICS magazine?

Anyone have success with the Primal Rights kit in an AICS magazine?
The Primal Rights kit in a standard AI mag is the ONLY setup that has been 100% reliable for me. After recently purchasing around $240 worth of fucking MDT mags, I said fuck it and ordered 2 more Primal Rights kits a couple nights ago for my regular mags. I’d gladly take my money back and the 4-5 hours I’ve spent tinkering with these fucking turds from MDT. I called them yesterday and told them the issues I was having. I simply asked for (1) new follower and I was told I needed to fill out a request form online and explain my issues (via email) and submit it. Fuck that shit. Take my name and address over the phone, or simply look up my order number and ship me a damn follower.

The Primal Rights kit in a standard AI mag is the ONLY setup that has been 100% reliable for me. After recently purchasing around $240 worth of fucking MDT mags, I said fuck it and ordered 2 more Primal Rights kits a couple nights ago for my regular mags. I’d gladly take my money back and the 4-5 hours I’ve spent tinkering with these fucking turds from MDT. I called them yesterday and told them the issues I was having. I simply asked for (1) new follower and I was told I needed to fill out a request form online and explain my issues (via email) and submit it. Fuck that shit. Take my name and address over the phone, or simply look up my order number and ship me a damn follower.
Are your good mags 12 rounders?

Are your good mags 12 rounders?
If you are referring to the Primal Rights kits, they are both 10’s, but I just ordered 2 extensions from Altus last night.

The 12rd MDT mags are not reliable for me as far as a match goes. I’ve tinkered with them and got them “better” but if I load 12, the first round usually jams and then rounds 9 thru 12 sit too low for the bolt to pick them up. It’s just skims over them because the ass end of the round is sitting too low. If I stick my finger in the port and press down on the front of the bullet slightly, it’ll kick the ass end up enough that the bolt will catch it and feed it. Just for my own peace of mind, I’ve tried both Hawkins and OTM bottom metal in my Foundation. It makes no difference.

Reactions: louu and Dolomite
If you are referring to the Primal Rights kits, they are both 10’s, but I just ordered 2 extensions from Altus last night.

The 12rd MDT mags are not reliable for me as far as a match goes. I’ve tinkered with them and got them “better” but if I load 12, the first round usually jams and then rounds 9 thru 12 sit too low for the bolt to pick them up. It’s just skims over them because the ass end of the round is sitting too low. If I stick my finger in the port and press down on the front of the bullet slightly, it’ll kick the ass end up enough that the bolt will catch it and feed it. Just for my own peace of mind, I’ve tried both Hawkins and OTM bottom metal in my Foundation. It makes no difference.
This honestly sounds like you need to tweak the feed lips.

ETA: I could be wrong, but it's not unreasonable to expect to need to make minor adjustment to metal mag feed lips, esp since different cartridges have different body angles and whatnot. You might also need to clean and/or lubricate the follower and mag inner walls.

Reactions: louu

ETA: I could be wrong, but it's not unreasonable to expect to need to make minor adjustment to metal mag feed lips, esp since different cartridges have different body angles and whatnot. You might also need to clean and/or lubricate the follower and mag inner walls.
Interesting you mention that as my 12th round will touch the feed lips from front to back but after that only the front lips touch the brass. Like it wants to naturally nose dive. It seems like the front of the follower doesn’t have enough tension to push the front up.

I guess you missed the part above where I said I’ve spent hours tinkering with these mags. I’ve adjusted feed lips from .390” to .425”…..and everything in between. I’ve taken them completely apart, sanded every rough edge and sharp corner. Tweeked the spring, both longer and shorter. Sanded the inner walls. Put lube on the rear spacer and rear of the follower. Polished the feed lips.

Anyone have good luck with these recently? I just ordered 2 mags on back order for a 6bra barrel I’m having spun up, and then I found this thread.

Anyone have good luck with these recently? I just ordered 2 mags on back order for a 6bra barrel I’m having spun up, and then I found this thread.
Only issue, if you can really call it that, is that the newer mags don’t drop free for me in my OTM bottom metal. The one mag I have that’s the older model with new follower drops free. 🤷‍♂️ As for feeding, not a single issue in my 6br thus far.

Reactions: 03machstock
Zermatt origin action, McMillan a3-5 stock, kmw bottom metal
Shouldn't be an issue! The only things I could see being potentially problematic is if the pillars in the McMillan are too long/short or if the mag latch in the KMW is long/short, then there might be some misalignment, however, the Zermatt Origin has a lot of forgiveness for feeding so you should be fine!

Reactions: 03machstock
I’m having Failure to Feed on 2 different mags and both are new BR 10rd mages. However the only failure is on the first round and the mag is fully loaded.

Side note I have been emailing MDT going on 2 weeks without any sign of help. I get 1 email a day from a rep asking a different question each time. So frustrating coming from MDT when I thought they pride themselves in their cs. What a joke….

I’m having Failure to Feed on 2 different mags and both are new BR 10rd mages. However the only failure is on the first round and the mag is fully loaded.

Side note I have been emailing MDT going on 2 weeks without any sign of help. I get 1 email a day from a rep asking a different question each time. So frustrating coming from MDT when I thought they pride themselves in their cs. What a joke….

Sorry to hear that you're having issues! To be fair, there are a lot of variables to account for in "my magazine isn't feeding, please help me" questions and that is probably why we're having a hard time? So we know the magazine (10 round, 6mm BR), what we do not know is your;
  1. Caliber,
  2. Action,
  3. Chassis/stock/bottom metal,
  4. Prior magazines used or experience feeding BR based cartridges,
Unfortunately, these short little rounds do not always play nice in repeater actions and we have to help guide users through feeding issues often! The 10 round magazines are specifically designed around OEM customer requirements and US states/EU countries that have very stringent magazine requirements, which means that they are typically even more finicky than our 12 round variants!

If you could provide us with that information above, I am sure we'll be happy to help :)

- Josh

I mean, they’re replying. If you want faster communication, pick up a phone. Email is never the best medium for troubleshooting technical issues in my experience.

Alternatively, you could look into your own action and figure out what the problem is; feeding a centerfire round isn’t exactly rocket science, and it all happens right where you can see it.

Reactions: Schütze

Thank you for the feedback. Our sincerest apologies for any frustration, we are trying to understand your issue. While understanding it seems like we aren't trying to help we are asking everything we can to ensure we fully understand the problem as we aren't next to you to see what may be the issue. Also, keep in mind saying things like the below to a simple question, which is really us trying to get to the bottom of the issue, makes it that much harder to work with you. If you prefer, we can just swap the magazines out; please confirm the quantities, as you stated that you have both two and three magazines and your shipping information, and we will stop asking questions to help get this tuned in for you.

Yesterday 12:34
To MDT Sporting Goods Show all
I’m having issues with the magazines. I originally inquired about how to resolve the issue. And so far I’ve gotten NO responses even related to my issues. Should I be talking to a technical advisor instead about the feeding issues I’m experiencing?

Best regards,

Charlie B.

Anthony Bujak(assign)
Yesterday 12:30
To Charlie Bui Show all
And how new are the magazines?

-Anthony

I have a few that work great. I had issues initially trying to get them to max capacity. MDT sent me a mag loader and I haven’t looked back.

They responded to all my questions and mentioned to sand down the bottom of the follower legs evenly in the 12 round mag. I couldn’t answer some of their questions since I wasn’t able to get out to test it. They emailed back first thing in the am on every email. Very helpful and responsive. Just give them as much information as you can which helps trouble shooting a problem.

Reactions: Jcarpenter223