• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Opinions on the Leica CRF 1600?

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    Ok,

I did some searches, but I'm not really seeing anything.

Has anyone driven this sucker (The Leice Rangemaster 1600 CRF) through it's paces and compared it to a Swarovski, etc.?

I'd like something somewhat compact... I've pondered the Vectronix stuff (I spell that right?), but now that we've got a baby in the mix I'd really rather start being a little more frugal. -grin-

GB

Re: Official Opinions on the Leica CRF 1600?

I found the 6mmbr review... good stuff.

It appears that Leica has a dealio on the tripod adapter for "free" if you buy the 1200 or 1600 in the imeadiate future.

I'll take a look at that other one. Really interested in how it compares to the likes of the Swarovski and Bushnell Fusion binocs. (Though I really don't want anytthing that large...)

Anyone on the hide have a Leica 1600 CRF they want to chime in about?

GB

I have Leica 1600 CRF and like it a lot. It is very small.

I can't give an objective side by side with anything else.

Conditions, targets, technique and patience are everything with all LRF's.

I shoot out on the Pawnee Grasslands. I leave a 2.5'x5' white plastic table sitting on it's side, tall side up, where I plan to shoot from. I drive down range, set up targets, and range back to the table.

So far (semi cloudy day) I have gotten as far as 1150 yds. back to the table. Freehand and rested on the car, 2 or 3 repeatable readings out of 10 or so tries.

Dark houses with big windows out to a mile, repeatable readings 2 or 3 out of 10.

I haven't played with it a lot, but so far I have made it work for everything I needed it to do.

Is it the best on the market, for size, for price? I have no idea.

Very happy with mine. 1000 yards on most Anything, Mile + on Great targets (Water Tower, Billboards etc.) It just flat gets the job done.

Just picked one up..... Seems to work well out to the treeline without issue. So that 1249 yards.

Also used it on angle iron type high voltage lines while using an an/pvs-4 to determine beam strikes.

Under NV it shows a little flat line that you can aim similar to an ir laser designator.

Fun experiment'

Incidentally: did you use quotes or something... 'cause the search results I got using the same terms did not yield anything spectacular. (Your google search was great....)

Love mine too just got it and been playing alot, very accurate and easy to use plus nice and small in my already full pack. The lrf and my kestrel fit really nice in one of my smaller otterboxes