• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official "UGLY STICK" Thread

Longrange****

Old Hat Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2006
Mille Lacs, MN
Well guys....I was thinking...Ive been meaning to build an "Ugly Stick" something built out of beat to hell parts that is Mechanically sound. I know everyone has an "Ugly Stick" out there that they just cant put down...or get rid of...that shoots pretty damn good...and is REALLY USED and or abused...a truly "ugly" rifle...that you love...

I dont care what kind of firearm it is...if you have abused the shit out of it and it has SCREAMED for more post it up...<span style="color: #FF0000">NO SAFE QUEENS ALLOWED HERE</span> Working weapons that have been run hard and hung up wet....prefer rifles...but anything goes...

Please explain the weapon, abuse, round count, kick ass stories....and PLEASE post pics.....

Ill start:

Below is my old Kimber Custom II....I beat that damn pistol HARD....it is the old style kimber, bought back in 2001. I had a little work done to it before I even pulled the trigger....all the crap parts were replaced with Wilson Combat parts along with some upgrades....my first day with this thing she got cleaned thoroughly and I rapid fired my first 600 rounds with no oiling....no cleaning....just reloading....nearly killed my fingers....I have NO IDEA what the round count is on this thing but I have worn out at least 4-6 main springs that I can remember....I would guess 10K....a number of times I would run the pistol without oil at all, because I was trying to talk the command into letting me take it to the sandbox and I had to be sure the thing would run flawlessly for me, and I didnt want the oil collecting dirt....

Here is an older pic of it...unfortunately it had to get sold to pay bills...still regret it to this day....
M40A1andGear006.jpg

Re: Official "UGLY STICK" Thread

the closest I have is an old 11-87 that I routinely beat against trees and use to push brush out of my way when I do drives for other hunters. suprisingly while the finish has many a scratch and there are a few gouges in the plastic, no bare metal is exposed.

One year I was climbing up the side of a gully and slipped, plugging the muzzle with a nice snow and mud mixture, cleaned most of it out with a stick once I got to the top and then proceeded to drop a button buck one the other side of the gully, about 125 yards if not further a few minutes later.

I own two of them, one early and one later producton. Both have functioned flawlessly. Accuracy is comprable to the AR15. The trigger feels fine to me for a combat style rifle. I hope to see more aftermarket parts in the future.

See my pre64 mod70 in the pic section.... can patina be pretty?

Longrange, I am honored to be quoted in your sig line, sometimes I say shit that blows my mind...LOL!

Anyways, here is a pics of an old Mauser, shillen barrel. .243. Just got it rebarreled this fall, already has about 700+ down the tube. I have already had to paint her up twice. This is the work horse for kicking around the fields in my AO, hunting the vermin. NO good stories yet, but this is definately my fugly duckling, that shoots damn fine.

IMAG0005.jpg

lol i have a tika t3 .270 that i completely abuse. its a great gun, never cleaned in 2 years. it shot 3/4 moa the first 50 round and still does.
65363653653.jpg

culling in November
008.jpg

and culling in January
010.jpg

this was all done with 4 friends of mine.

Hasgun- When I saw you posted that I laughed SO frikin hard
I went and changed my sig line instantly!!

Great lookin "Ugly Sticks" guys!

Here is my Glock 23C... Not too ugly but has been used and abused, was stolen in 2004, then returned last year, so who knows what it did during its' hiatus. Nashville Police picked it up on a traffic stop with an AK and 4 lbs of weed. I have probably put 6-7K through it, used it as a duty weapon, backup, and now its my primary off-duty carry. Back in 03 I had the slide sent to Tripp Industries for their Hard Chrome finish, which is as tough if not tougher than the tennifer from Glock. This covered up the holster wear and character marks this far. This was the second pistol that I bought. The first was a Sig 245 that I only had for a month or so, as I didnt care for. It was great to get it back.
Chris
2zfpxyw.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S2CPitts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my Glock 23C... Not too ugly but has been used and abused, was stolen in 2004, then returned last year, so who knows what it did during its' hiatus. Nashville Police picked it up on a traffic stop with an AK and 4 lbs of weed. I have probably put 6-7K through it, used it as a duty weapon, backup, and now its my primary off-duty carry. Back in 03 I had the slide sent to Tripp Industries for their Hard Chrome finish, which is as tough if not tougher than the tennifer from Glock. This covered up the holster wear and character marks this far. This was the second pistol that I bought. The first was a Sig 245 that I only had for a month or so, as I didnt care for. It was great to get it back.
Chris
2zfpxyw.jpg
</div></div>

That's a great story!

PICT0031.jpg

My first gun... H&R 20 ga. notice the stock cut to fit a 10 year old.

Killed many a rabbit and squirel though

I really like that Muaser HasGun.....I have an FN mauser in 220Swift that I need to have set back, but the stock thats on that thing makes it a safe queen....hand carved custom and a VERY shiny clear coat finish....goofy barrel though...1-15" twist 8 groove HEAVY....

FR-8andIthaca.jpg

Here's my first scout rifle project on a FR-8 mauser in .308.
It's been up and down some hills and seen some yotes , jacks and even flying clay pigeons. I shot it in my first Kenyathalon over in Raton through the mud/snow. It's been bounced around in the back of the pickup for many miles and still is on zero. It has even won me some bets on some 400 yd. clay pigeons....UGLY it is!

The 1911 is an Ithaca [1945] that came to me with a smooth bore and a lot of external pitting....but the guts were GTG. Fitted it with a new GI chrome lined barrel/bushing and over the years added a beavertail and fashioned/welded on my own magwell.
This pistol has NEVER [knock on wood] failed to go bang...even managed to do pretty well with it in IPSC/IDPA.

UGLY RULES!!!

Wes in AZ