• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Official Zero Compromise Optic News & Updates

If you put out respectful posts, you would be taken more seriously and given the same level of respect in return. Quite a simple concept really.
Same as the insinuations you have made against ZCO and your dealings with other vendors, who have then posted here to clarify their involvement with you.

Have you taken my last suggestion - Collate all the issues in detail you have been PMd about and provided them to ZCO for analysis or have you just whined like a little bitch

If you put out respectful posts, you would be taken more seriously and given the same level of respect in return. Quite a simple concept really.
Same as the insinuations you have made against ZCO and your dealings with other vendors, who have then posted here to clarify their involvement with you.

Have you taken my last suggestion - Collate all the issues in detail you have been PMd about and provided them to ZCO for analysis or have you just whined like a little bitch?
Little, bitch... lol... Keyboard warrior aren't we... Calling me names while telling me to be more respectful.. that's the best one yet....

I currently use an ATACR 7-35 on my AXSR. I’m usually shooting 300NM, 308, and 6.5cm.

I am thinking of trying a ZCO. Between the 5-27 and the 8-40, what would fit best here? I’m obviously gaining in terms of optical clarity according to my research, but am I losing any durability? Being able to lock the elevation turret is something that really appeals to me, so that seems like a win for ZCO.

Reactions: PRDRIVER
I currently use an ATACR 7-35 on my AXSR. I’m usually shooting 300NM, 308, and 6.5cm.

I am thinking of trying a ZCO. Between the 5-27 and the 8-40, what would fit best here? I’m obviously gaining in terms of optical clarity according to my research, but am I losing any durability? Being able to lock the elevation turret is something that really appeals to me, so that seems like a win for ZCO.

Feel free to give me a call at 916-628-3490 and I can discuss it with you :) - Richard@CST

IMO, the 840 is a "speciality optic." As in, you have a specific need for the 40x magnification (or you just want something new, which is fine). The 420 and 527 are general purpose all around optics that will handle almost every situation most people find themselves.

I likely wouldn't suggest an 840 if it's going to be used across a variety of cartridges that include 308 and 6.5mm. Especially if you might be doing things like hunting with the optic.

Reactions: PRDRIVER
The AtCAR 7-35 was my go to glass until recently, I have it one everything from Anschutz 22s to Kidd supergrades to my impact 308 and a precision AR. Moving one of my Annie’s into an AT-X and mounting a 527, I have them on two other ARs and may switch out my 308. The 527 does everything my 7-35s do but are clearer and resolve much better and I just love the mpct 2X retical .

Am I giving up anything related to impact durability, zero retention through abuse, and tracking accuracy over time by switching? I have used ATACRs because these things are the most important part of a scope to me. Scopes are useless unless they work through real life hard abuse.

Reactions: gebhardt02
Am I giving up anything related to impact durability, zero retention through abuse, and tracking accuracy over time by switching? I have used ATACRs because these things are the most important part of a scope to me. Scopes are useless unless they work through real life hard abuse.

ZCO are bomb proof. Jeff Huber basically was NF for 20 years. So he's been making durable scopes for a very long time.

Now, with an optic like the 840 that has is very long, its going to be much easier for things to affect it. Like putting your hand on the objective. It's much easier to flex and change POI than a 527 or 420.

But that's just the nature of aluminum and internals in optics.

I was asked about setting up a ZCO Block mount with an offset and LRF. Unfortunately, the only pic mounted red dot I had available was a Romeo, and there isn't an offset option for a straight RMR, DPP, or Aimpoint attachment. Would anyone else be interested in seeing an offset with RMR, DPP, or Aimpoint footprints available?

0M6A1795sml.jpg

I was asked about setting up a ZCO Block mount with an offset and LRF. Unfortunately, the only pic mounted red dot I had available was a Romeo, and there isn't an offset option for a straight RMR, DPP, or Aimpoint attachment. Would anyone else be interested in seeing an offset with RMR, DPP, or Aimpoint footprints available?
I wouldn’t mind an Acro mount in the 12 o’clock position without needing the dive board.

Reactions: CSTactical
Would anyone else be interested in seeing an offset with RMR, DPP, or Aimpoint footprints available?
Hell to the yes. Was about to ask the question today on folks who have 8-40s or 5-27s what their preferred mounts were with the ability to use a WMLRF + 45 Offset. RMR/SRO for me would be great. Does that 45 have enough height to clear the side of a RAPTAR-S or LA-5? A MRF-Xe is not in the cards for me, cannot find one lol.

Unrelated to the quote -- does anyone else here use a ZCO 5-27 on their SR-25 (or well any other AR-15/AR-10) specifically with a CNVD-LR? I really wanted a 8-40 T5 just for the shits and giggles but that thing is fucking LONG and def won't fit.

I'm using a CNVD-LR/PVS24LR with a NF ATACR 4-20 T3 on my SR-25 E2 PR (pretty much an APR, 20" barrel, the long URX4 rail) and the CNVD-LR objective is flush with the end of the rail and they mostly align well w/ the ATACR 4-20 in a 1.54 Reptilia AUS. The ZC527 is 2.5" longer on paper but think it'll be fine. I know it'll never be perfect (and doesn't "need" to be) but if I need to get anything else to heighten the CNVD I'd rather know ahead of time since I'm going to need to rezero a bunch of shit when I play musical optics.

Anybody mount a ZCO 527 on a KRG c4 chassis, and if so are the Spur 1.1”/30mm high mount give enough space with the top rail or did you need to use the 1.5. I don’t have the chassis or the scope so I can’t check my calculations. Thanks and sorry if I missed a prior PSA on this.

Anybody mount a ZCO 527 on a KRG c4 chassis, and if so are the Spur 1.1”/30mm high mount give enough space with the top rail or did you need to use the 1.5. I don’t have the chassis or the scope so I can’t check my calculations. Thanks and sorry if I missed a prior PSA on this.

I would just run 1.5 if you don't already have the 1.1. Especially if you're gonna use any of the forend rails that will be under the optic.

You don't lose anything with higher rings, and actually gain more.......being able to keep your head more vertical and such.

Why couldn't you spend a parallax adjustment to the 1.7-12x50 😢 would have been the perfect scope for me.

Serious asking:

What made you go with this decision?
Price?
Build physics?

You offer MHR reticle for hunting out to 300m and more.. and then.. no PA??? 🤔🤔🤔

Doesn't fit together for me. Am I the only one who sees it this way??

Love it! Mines on its way. What motivated you on the choice or rings/mount? I’m 90% leaning to the Spuhr 6002.

4 bolts vs 17. One single 55lb torque.

And I hate how shallow the star grooves are in the spuhr. You can literally change bit brands and go from working fine to stripped bolt heads. Even though you’re using the same size star bit.

Nothing against Spuhr at all. But ARC has been flawless for us for years and much easier on install or removal.

Like everything else I’m sure there are people who have had multiple failures with ARC. Always going to be outliers. Same with Spuhr.

Why couldn't you spend a parallax adjustment to the 1.7-12x50 😢 would have been the perfect scope for me.

Serious asking:

What made you go with this decision?
Price?
Build physics?

You offer MHR reticle for hunting out to 300m and more.. and then.. no PA??? 🤔🤔🤔

Doesn't fit together for me. Am I the only one who sees it this way??

Likely because it doesn’t matter much. Below are charts with the maximum parallax error with a fixed 100 or 300yd parallax.

Meaning you’d have your head as far to one side and the reticle center would appear against the opposite side of your sight picture.

Parallax error is *not* angular like most other optic values.

Attachments

• IMG_2763.jpeg
    IMG_2763.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2764.jpeg
    IMG_2764.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 52
Likely because it doesn’t matter much. Below are charts with the maximum parallax error with a fixed 100 or 300yd parallax.

Meaning you’d have your head as far to one side and the reticle center would appear against the opposite side of your sight picture.

Parallax error is *not* angular like most other optic values.
Well, thank you sir.

I've learned something new today. I thought it would make a bigger difference, didn't know this.

Then, I have nothing to complain about and should try this scope.

Well, thank you sir.

I've learned something new today. I thought it would make a bigger difference, didn't know this.

Then, I have nothing to complain about and should try this scope.

No prob. Parallax is widely misunderstood. Generally speaking, with fully adjustable parallax, it's much more important at closer distances.

This is because parallax is directly related to the linear value of the objective lens' radius. So it becomes a linear value vs the usually angular values we deal with in optics.

Most shooters place a lot of value on parallax at distance, and not so much closer. When it's the exact opposite.

For example, let's say you thought you were parallax free at 100yds, but it was actually parallax free at 75yds. Then let's say you thought you were parallax free at 1000yds, but it was actually 750yds. The results will likely look pretty crazy to you. The parallax error is the *exact same* linear value. This is because it's linear. 75yds is 75% of 100yds and 750yds is 75% of 1000yds.

But, once we take that linear value and combine it with angular shot dispersion......if we have a 1moa precision standard, you can have a 0.33moa error at 100yds and only a 0.03moa error at 1000yds.

Kinda nutty eh?

This is why you'll hear some people say that after a few hundred yards, they just use their parallax as a "focus" wheel. Since if the target is in focus, that means the parallax is close enough, it doesn't matter that far out.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 11.53.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 11.59.22 PM.png

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Okay,

Was just a bit concernd about no PA on this scope because I use a Pard Night Vision device, which is mounted to the ocular lens.

And to get a sharp image with correct sharp reticle, PA ist needed. Shooting distances for me while on a hunt regularly between 30-120m.

Sometimes more.

Reactions: bhenne243
This might be a dumb question but I haven't run into it before with other optics and I only ran into it once I started shooting past ~900 yds.

I have a ZCO 4-20 with NLE that I bought second hand. I guess if you have an NLE the travel stops at the max elevation it was set at and you can't elevate it any further?

I've only run into this issue since I can shoot long enough distances that I tried to dial to >10 mils and I couldn't figure out a way to do it and had to use holdovers every time.

Is there a way to avoid using holdovers that I'm missing (changing something about the setscrews or something?) or do I always have to use holdovers >10 mils of elevation?

This might be a dumb question but I haven't run into it before with other optics and I only ran into it once I started shooting past ~900 yds.

I have a ZCO 4-20 with NLE that I bought second hand. I guess if you have an NLE the travel stops at the max elevation it was set at and you can't elevate it any further?

I've only run into this issue since I can shoot long enough distances that I tried to dial to >10 mils and I couldn't figure out a way to do it and had to use holdovers every time.

Is there a way to avoid using holdovers that I'm missing (changing something about the setscrews or something?) or do I always have to use holdovers >10 mils of elevation?
Have you reset the zero stop?

Reactions: TehRoot
Look in the manual, it tells you how to set the scope back to optical zero, once you’ve done that then rezero & you should have more travel.

Reactions: niabber and Secant
I thought I did but maybe I didn't do it right when I first got it.

I had the same thought last night after I posted the question.

I'll see if I can head out this weekend and I'll try re-doing it again.
Out of curiosity, how much elevation do you have built into your scope mounting system?

This is why I can’t be left unsupervised by my wife on this forum on the weekends. 5x27 with MPCT2.

I was fortunate enough to pick up local and help out someone who needed to sell, and I got a good deal. Win/win. View attachment 8294493
There's some, what I call, amazing deals right now in the PX for ZCOs. Kinda wondering what's going on. Literally saving like almost a $1000 if you include the mounts that are being sold w/ the scopes. Why is everyone selling at such a discount?

There's some, what I call, amazing deals right now in the PX for ZCOs. Kinda wondering what's going on. Literally saving like almost a $1000 if you include the mounts that are being sold w/ the scopes. Why is everyone selling at such a discount?
Because the economy is horrible and everything is super expensive. The extra stuff that isn't necessary comes last and people will only buy that stuff at a big discount.

I bought the “old antiquated” MPCT2 with 15 MIL turrets. Still plenty good enough to keep me mid pack

Also have to consider that many ZCOs may have been bought prior to the last price increase or two. So selling them at 80% of what they paid is going to be significantly less than what a ZCO retails for currently.

Ditto what Rio says above, I know of many of these scopes for sale which some were bought at the intro price of $3,600 in 2019 and now upgrading to a new reticle an/or 10MIL turrets.

The original ball cap that zco did is fantastic. I wish I could get another. A friend sent me his and it's cool to but it's not the same hat as the first one. I'm not sure if its a different manufacturer or what but it doesn't fit quite the same. I do like it too though.

Reactions: oldrifleman
The original ball cap that zco did is fantastic. I wish I could get another. A friend sent me his and it's cool to but it's not the same hat as the first one. I'm not sure if its a different manufacturer or what but it doesn't fit quite the same. I do like it too though.

The original all black?

They had some fitted black Multicam at shot show that are very nice. Need to get some more.

One of the snipers from 1SFG used a ZC840 during the 2023 Menton Sniper Competition at JBLM through 5 days and 3 nights of incliment weather and various shooting environments...

View attachment 8296526

View attachment 8296527

View attachment 8296529

View attachment 8296530

View attachment 8296531
What mount is this guy using?

I had a great call with CS Tactical, and we texted back and forth about reticles. Just waiting for the bucket to refill, then my intention is to order a 5-27. I do need the ability to mount a raptar, so I’m interested what mount is being used here with the diving board.

• Love