• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Official Zero Compromise Optic News & Updates

gebhardt02

Captain, Retired
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2006
MT
www.zcompoptic.com
This thread will be dedicated to ZCO News and Updates so we can keep the members here of Sniper's Hide more easily updated. Simply subscribe to this thread and when we have any news or information we will post it here. Then new information doesn't require a separate post every time. The members here at Sniper's Hide have been outstanding and always supportive, so we'd like to try and give back in an easier manner for you to keep track of.

Also, if you have specific questions, feel free to ask in this thread as well. Thank you all for the huge support you have given us!

Most recently:
1. The new MPCT3 reticle has started shipping to our dealers and first reports back from end users has been exceptional. See this thread here: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mpct3-initial-impressions.6999843/

2. The members here have requested a sunshade, and the first batch of 56mm sunshades has also been sent out to dealers. MSRP on the sunshades is $60 and measures 3" long.

Attachments

• MPCT3 Final.jpg
    MPCT3 Final.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 2,163
  • Sunshade 1.jpg
    Sunshade 1.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 2,101
Here is a ZCO update that many are thrilled about :)

Get a free $410 Spuhr mount with your purchase of a ZC527 and ZC420 with the MPCT1 or MPCT2 from now until May 31st :)
We are setting this up on our site but feel free to order it and put which Spuhr mount you'd like in the notes:
https://www.cstactical.com/Zero-Compromise-Optic or call us at 916-670-1103 and we will get you set up.

94551073_3790921150950370_666549216050413568_o.jpg
Y’all take trade ins for Schmidt and benders and kidneys????

I'm going to be cutting it close!

Will there be an option to swap reticles down the road? I'm not sure I want to jump on the mpct3 but the mpct2 catches my eye...

Reactions: CSTactical
I ordered an MPCT2 today
Feels good just sayin’ that, lol, I know. I’ve held off sayin’ yet...but, what the ~, my MPCT3 is supposed to be ready to ship to me tmro or when I decide on either the Tenebraex or Aadmount caps (Aadmounts I’d have to order separately). Both good caps, thinking the Aadmount, but it’ll be shipped Monday at the latest if it does get to CSTactical as expected. I’m a little excited, too. 😉😎

Last edited:
So I searched a bit and didn't see a diffinitive answer, but will a scope level like one from mk machining fit on the 527 with the mount?

Just received my sunshade for my ZCO and would like to post some positive criticism as feedback for ZCO to change some aspects of their manufacturing.

1. The sunshade color does not match the rest of the scope. It looks dark grey next to the dark rich black of the scope body.

2.The logo and spelling of the company is done twice and in white lettering. This distracts from the sleek black look of the rest of the scope. I know some guys these days put stickers all over their scopes but I much prefer a more subtle stealthier look.

The sun shade is a quality piece like everything else ZCO, I just feel more attention to detail should have been given.

You are going to be spoiled rotten with the ZC scope I know I am.That is a fine looking setup.

Reactions: gebhardt02
Goes without saying, I am a fan. Got out today to get the new 5-27x MPCT3 doped in in prep for tomorrow's longer session. Some initial thoughts:

1.) MPCT3 tree reticle became quicker and more intuitive on the first range session than I thought it would.
2.) I only shot @ 100 and 300yds today, but spent the last 40 mins on the shooting line practicing "dry hold overs", and I could find my place in the tree very quickly.
4.) I practiced using the uteru..errr I mean ranging funnel on 18in and 9in ISPC steel @ 300. This is going to take some time to get good at, but increased my comfort with it first time out more than I thought it would. Keeping the rifle stable enough was my primary challenge to truly "bracket" it in, but maybe I was trying to make it "too good", and I need to be more hasty with it.
5.) It was a rainy/hazy day in West Virginia today, but both ZCO's did what they do with clarity and light transmission.

Between ARC and ZCO, I may have to unofficially self-identify as a fanboy of both.

20200508_122702.jpg

Does Zero Compromise have any plans to make a competition scope for f-class / benchrest?

Something like the Nightforce 15-55 or Kahles 10-50

Does Zero Compromise have any plans to make a competition scope for f-class / benchrest?

Something like the Nightforce 15-55 or Kahles 10-50

30mm tube, second focal plane, and MOA reticle?....bleh...

Got to finally go out and shoot for the first time with the ZCO. Compared it side by side with the S&B at distance. I can definitely say the clarity on the ZCO is about 10-15% better when it comes to looking at impacts on steel at 600, 800, and 1400. I think I will be buying more in the future.View attachment 7322738View attachment 7322739
Curious about how easy it is to get behind the ZCO on that SOPMOD stock. I’ve got my 527/3 going on a Spuhr 6602 6mil 1.5” hgt, wondered if I might need to go DMR stock with weld to setup right or if the std I have works with that ok? Here’s a pic of rifle without the scope yet. Such a rookie question, I know.

740B5191-4ADC-40B2-A323-F4ACE5BB65E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry about thinking it was ZCO on that rifle there. Still wondering how my present setup will run the ZCO 527 & mount with the SOPMOD I have now.

Last edited:
I run scopes 1.5" high all the time with the SOPMOD because that is the standard height for things like night vision attachments. The S&B in that pic is mounted 1.5 high.

I have run a fixed Magpul prs stock on it before and while it is more comfortable and adjustable... It also makes the gun longer and heavier. I tried a mount that was lower than 1.5 for a while made by sphur but didn't like forcing my head down in certain positions just to see through the scope.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
I run scopes 1.5" high all the time with the SOPMOD because that is the standard height for things like night vision attachments. The S&B in that pic is mounted 1.5 high.

I have run a fixed Magpul prs stock on it before and while it is more comfortable and adjustable... It also makes the gun longer and heavier. I tried a mount that was lower than 1.5 for a while made by sphur but didn't like forcing my head down in certain positions just to see through the scope.
Your answer much appreciated and glad to hear the SOPMOD is not much if ANY hindrance. Glad I don’t need to buy the DMR and I’ve always been partial to SOPMOD’s “look”, AND happy to keep it lighter and shorter slightly. Alrighty then save that doe for TT AR10 Diamond when available 😎. That stock question has bugged me awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: gebhardt02