• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Offset rds mount and optic combo

USMC-03XX

03XX
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2022
Kansas
So I m old school. I run an acog with an adm mount 2.0 and flip sight’s underneath…. I have gobs of experience with an acog but am slowly coming to terms with the times and plan on offsetting an aimpoint acro p2. Not sure what mount has a reputation for being stout or mainingting zero well. The arisaka looks ok🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m careful with my weapons and gear, but call it paranoia, but I want my kit to be retard proof and as indestructible as I can manage. I have been interested in the rmr and not opposed to it, I’m not interested in anything from China rds wise but am open to arguments between the rmr and acro. Weight is also a concern but much lower on the list. I’d happily run a few oz heavy for piece of mind. For example I run a spur mount on my spr. Would consider changing acog mounts too… also if anyone can tell me if there’s forward light emissions on the acro or rmr. Like when you are aiming at someone and they are wearing nods…..

Reactions: Milf Dots
The Arisaka mount is solid. If you're paranoid about shit then you might as well go with a closed emitter and run the acro or a T2/H2.

Have you though about running your dot on top of the ACOG? Much easier to pick your head up than to rotate the gun, and if you want it "retard" proof a offset prevents you from using it on your support side. Gonna be a pain with nods too.

Not sure of light emission, really don't think that's something to worry about. If you're that close to someone with nods, they've already seen you.

I agree just my acog already sits high and wasn’t sure about “chin weld” I plan on piggy back with my 4-16 atacr, just intimidated by the height over bore with piggy back on my 2.0 adm… but I’m open to buying a different mount for it so as to piggyback…. Suggestions on alternatives? Like maybe 1.7 height or traditional 1.54? I ran 1.54 forever but once I tried the taller mount I loved it. But obviously maybe no go on piggyback? Or am I being a puss? Thank you all for your feed back

Piggyback vs offset is kind of a matter of personal preference. I prefer offset, mostly cause your cheek weld is consistent. Offset works fine with nods as well, but go with a high offset mount (which you'd do with the Arisaka anyways, to match your high Acog mount). You just can't go support side with the offset so if that's a deal breaker for you, then go piggyback.

Reactions: USMC-03XX
I was wondering about nods with offset, opinions on the rmr? I would like to go that route simply cost wise being as I can get a new once for 489$ on eBay. Not the doodoo auto dimming one either. Seems easier to swallow price wise vs the acro p2 or aimpoint t2. I’ll save whatever I need but I’m currently saving for nods too lol…

I have a piggy back rmr on my sphur mount and have been running it without issue. Also daily one on my pistol.

The height doesn’t bother me since I’m not doing any type of “precision” shooting with the dot. Chin weld has been fine and it’s easy to get out to 200 on c zone steel. Pretty sure my sphur is the 1.50”

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpeg
    IMG_1323.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
I have a piggy back rmr on my sphur mount and have been running it without issue. Also daily one on my pistol.

The height doesn’t bother me since I’m not doing any type of “precision” shooting with the dot. Chin weld has been fine and it’s easy to get out to 200 on c zone steel. Pretty sure my sphur is the 1.50”

LMT? Which LPVO?

BCM/SOLGW. Vortex 1-6.

Did you find that you needed an offset RDS with the Vortex 1-6x? It has quite literally the best 1x red dot in the LPVO game. I was going to run one when I had the NX8 1-8x on my 14.5" but then I made the switch the Razor 1-6X Gen II-E and I find that it's more than ample as a red dot on 1x.

On another note, the SOLGW guns are becoming very popular, I really need to get my hands on one and see what they are all about. I met some of the guys from there at one of the shoots at The Ranch TX last year but I never had time to make it by their booth and play with one.

Reactions: Exergy
I was wondering about nods with offset, opinions on the rmr? I would like to go that route simply cost wise being as I can get a new once for 489$ on eBay. Not the doodoo auto dimming one either. Seems easier to swallow price wise vs the acro p2 or aimpoint t2. I’ll save whatever I need but I’m currently saving for nods too lol…
RMRs are great, I've started using Acros, recently, on my pistol and as an offset on a carbine. Really like them and no downside to having a closed emitter. You can get the Acro C2 if you wanna save some cash, only difference is it's only rated to be under a few feet of water so no scuba diving with it, haha.

Seconds for offset to maintain cheek weld and I’ve personally found that rotating/canting the weapon provides a very comfortable position for rapid close engagement. Usually these aren’t the lightest configurations (mentioned above and shared by many the opinion of burly over delicate) I noticed that the cant engages slightly different muscle groups and is really nice to practice with when fatigued from classic upright shooting stance. I run the 4-16 atacr and t2 offset with the ariska high mount (1.54 on the atacr) and have never had an issue with zero. The ariska has a burly construction with well thought out hardware.

Attachments

• 70729083124__1CF313DF-ED95-4E51-AADC-4B7ACEA37354.jpeg
    70729083124__1CF313DF-ED95-4E51-AADC-4B7ACEA37354.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 60
Also, depending on your optic, the weakest link in the chain are the small screws in the mount (I know I know, loctite and torque specs but still…) therefore if you use an offset separate from your primary configuration as a redundant aiming system then you have less of a chance of something going screwy then with the rmr at 12 o’clock also dictated by the screws in the same ring. Just my 0.2

Also, depending on your optic, the weakest link in the chain are the small screws in the mount (I know I know, loctite and torque specs but still…) therefore if you use an offset separate from your primary configuration as a redundant aiming system then you have less of a chance of something going screwy then with the rmr at 12 o’clock also dictated by the screws in the same ring. Just my 0.2
I’m in agreement 💯 I wanted the badger ord comm for my spr because of weight and it looked sexy with piggy back…. But after lots of consideration I went spuhr with the QD for my atacr. Feel a little better. Damn thing looks indestructible 🤣

Reactions: BeckOlu

How you liken the spuhr???? Is that the QD? I got that same mount for my spr. Fokken tank! And you’re right. I’m so torn…. Lmao. Probably offset on my acog setup, and piggybacking on my spuhr for my spr setup 🤔

How you liken the spuhr???? Is that the QD? I got that same mount for my spr. Fokken tank! And you’re right. I’m so torn…. Lmao. Probably offset on my acog setup, and piggybacking on my spuhr for my spr setup 🤔
I like it, it does what I need it to. Non-QD, don't really see a point in QD scope mounts.

Did you find that you needed an offset RDS with the Vortex 1-6x? It has quite literally the best 1x red dot in the LPVO game. I was going to run one when I had the NX8 1-8x on my 14.5" but then I made the switch the Razor 1-6X Gen II-E and I find that it's more than ample as a red dot on 1x.

On another note, the SOLGW guns are becoming very popular, I really need to get my hands on one and see what they are all about. I met some of the guys from there at one of the shoots at The Ranch TX last year but I never had time to make it by their booth and play with one.
I wanted to see what all the hype was about with piggy back red dots. I left the scope on like 4 power so the dot on top worked well. Not necessarily needed on an LPVO though. I have a aimpoint on top my MK5 and that's definitely my favorite setup.

I don’t have a lot of time behind an acro, but RMRs are weird if you top mount them on an acog. The blue coating mixed with the inherent distortion make them not great for running that close to your eye. I’ve used lots of offsets in the past but as I train more and get more familiar and comfortable with my setups I find that I never really use them and always default to my primary optic. Offsets are great in theory and in competition where you have known distance/position targets but if you introduce stress on an unknown course you’ll find 99% of shooters will default to their primary for the whole course without even thinking about it. At this point I believe secondary red dots are reserved only for passive aiming through nods, in place of backup irons, or flexing on poors. Flip flopping back and forth is just for call of duty. As for your question about optics and mounts, I prefer closed emitters, I’ve not heard the best things about acros, tho not as much after the supposedly fixed their battery life issue. Arisaka mounts are the best in the business tho. Can’t go wrong with them whatever optic you choose

I only have set up a few rifles with secondary RDS optics, prefer strong side offset (HK 556, LaRue OBR, SR-25). The 6-48 ACOG with RMR on top is a mother lode. Surefire's Barry Dueck has nice offset RTS (rapid transition sights) that I have on this Wilson Combat 6.8SPC2 SBR; No battery worries.
DSCN2893 copy.JPG
DSCN2904 copy.JPG
image copy.jpg
IMG_5935 Annotated with S&B 1-8X Dual CC copy.jpg
IMG_6731WILSON COMBAT 6.8 SPC CRACKER SWAMP 500 METERS 03.24.23 copy.jpg
IMG_0182KAC SR-25 WITH SUPPRESSOR  copy.jpg

I only have set up a few rifles with secondary RDS optics, prefer strong side offset (HK 556, LaRue OBR, SR-25). The 6-48 ACOG with RMR on top is a mother lode. Surefire's Barry Dueck has nice offset RTS (rapid transition sights) that I have on this Wilson Combat 6.8SPC2 SBR; No battery worries.View attachment 8171373View attachment 8171374View attachment 8171375View attachment 8171379View attachment 8171380View attachment 8171381
Beautiful stuff… I been very curious on the top strong side as well especially because I believe we have the same mount on a few. The spuhr qd. What tripods you runnin? I need those too lol

What tripods you runnin? I need those too lol
Over the past 10 years its been a journey......alsmost every variant of Manfrotto with Picatinny adapters, Swarovski center column carbon fibers got lighter, now just the RRS 34 mm tubes with Anvil-30 which is pretty stout for my uses. KAC SR-30 SBR.
IMG_7238REALLY RIGHT STUFF CT-34 WITH ANVIL 30 POOLSIDE RIFLES 05.19.23KAC SR-30 copy.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love