• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OG Nesika Bay Model K Info

COprecisionhunter

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2020
Fort Collins, CO
I recently acquired a Nesika Bay Model K (manufactured in Poulsbo, Washington) from the family of a gunsmith who worked for Nesika Bay before it was sold to Dakota Arms. It currently has a .308 barrel spun on (unknown number of rounds) and sits in a synthetic stock. It is extremely clean with little to no visible wear. I found very limited information about the original Nesika Bay other than one article that discussed the original owner and general high quality. I'm wondering if anyone has any more information or even may be able suggest a value. I can't decide if I am going to keep it. It doesn't match the footprint of the my PRS rifles and I really don't have use for a .308 for hunting, but it is a fine looking well made little rifle. I can post pics if that would help. Thanks in advance.

George Gardner built 3 Nesika Bay based rifles for me around 2004/5/6. They were all in the low 3k range. All original from the first iteration of the company I believe, the last action was very hard to get. He had ordered it, gave up on it, then called me about 1 year later saying it showed up and if I still wanted the build. One of these was a single shot 222. Lovely very tight actions.

Thank you for the replies! Here are a few pics of the rifle. The more I handle it the more I like it and the more I think I'd like to keep it. I will probably sell the Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 though.

Attachments

• IMG_4831.jpg
    IMG_4831.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4832.JPG
    IMG_4832.JPG
    543.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4833.JPG
    IMG_4833.JPG
    768.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4834.JPG
    IMG_4834.JPG
    761.5 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: BuLLet
George Gardner built 3 Nesika Bay based rifles for me around 2004/5/6. They were all in the low 3k range. All original from the first iteration of the company I believe, the last action was very hard to get. He had ordered it, gave up on it, then called me about 1 year later saying it showed up and if I still wanted the build. One of these was a single shot 222. Lovely very tight actions.

Thank you for the reply! Which model were your Nesika actions?

I think they were all 'K' models. I'd have to look :)

Nice looking rifle you have there, with the Nesika stamped barrel they likely built it.
Thank you sir, I received some info on the rifle I have from Mr. Glen Harrison, "That rifle has a McMillan “McClassic” stock, Jewell trigger, HS Precision bottom metal and most likely a Lilja barrel."

Reactions: toader and BuLLet
Poulsbo is very close to where I live and I didn't know there was (is?) a rifle manufacturer there!

One of my favorite actions, I've had 4 or 5. My model J 6ppc is smoother than just about anything I've handled.

Reactions: COprecisionhunter
I recently acquired a Nesika Bay Model K (manufactured in Poulsbo, Washington) from the family of a gunsmith who worked for Nesika Bay before it was sold to Dakota Arms. It currently has a .308 barrel spun on (unknown number of rounds) and sits in a synthetic stock. It is extremely clean with little to no visible wear. I found very limited information about the original Nesika Bay other than one article that discussed the original owner and general high quality. I'm wondering if anyone has any more information or even may be able suggest a value. I can't decide if I am going to keep it. It doesn't match the footprint of the my PRS rifles and I really don't have use for a .308 for hunting, but it is a fine looking well made little rifle. I can post pics if that would help. Thanks in advance.
Hello guys- I have also recently acquired a Nesika mode L with the larger barreL.I really like the action but do not care for the stock at all And I need help finding a quality walnut stock for it. I would be using this gun to deer hunt with.
See pics attached. Any insight much appreciated

Attachments

• 54624A68-F886-4722-9FBF-36CC842E6FAE.jpeg
    54624A68-F886-4722-9FBF-36CC842E6FAE.jpeg
    847.1 KB · Views: 59
  • E54D1FBF-9EBF-4FBE-96E1-455CCA955C9C.jpeg
    E54D1FBF-9EBF-4FBE-96E1-455CCA955C9C.jpeg
    638.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 4E5A346F-1B2A-423E-9A65-F1EABE7906B1.jpeg
    4E5A346F-1B2A-423E-9A65-F1EABE7906B1.jpeg
    512.7 KB · Views: 73