• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Ohio Shoot??

Re: Ohio Shoot??

Bring as many as you want to shoot.

Does everyone want to start shooting at 9am?

39-ret, 50 is what we usually take but that is just for us to check settings and shoot some small stuff. If you can you might wish to bring 100 to be sure.

If possible go to this site: http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj_simp-5.1.cgi and fill out all the info based on your gun and loads. You'll be amazed how close they will be if you enter your data right. Make sure to change to the "range increment" to 10 so you'll have plenty of data for all the distances to be covered for Toms targets. If Mil make sure to use mil settings or moa use that one. Highlight the data and print.

See ya all there, sounds like a nice turnout. Let's just hope for a beautiful day.

Topstrap

I am going to be there around 8-8:30am. I emailed Tom about what time we can start to show up this is what he said.

Scott,
I think it would be best if everyone showed up around 8.00 to 8.30. That way everyone could start shooting by 9.00 am. That way when everyone was done on the lower side they could grab some lunch before starting on the top side.
Tom

Alright....got it set. Will be out there at 8am then. I'll be the one that looks like a complete noob driving a vehicle that probably doesn't belong....but it IS 4wd. lol

I'm plannin on being there! My first time to Rayners but I've been to Thunder Valley a couple times...
(Still pretty much a newbie, tryin to learn!)

BK

Also, tryin to talk a few others into coming along.

No commitments yet! (Don't know what they're missin!!)

BK

JBM Ballistics looks like a good program. I don't have a chrony to get muzzle velocity so not much help. Loading smk 175 with 44.4 grs of Varget. Went to the range to day and with a 100yd zero had drop of 3.6" at 200yds. out of a 700p 26" bbl. Still needing to get a chrony so I can get velocity and use JBM.

Thanks
looking forward to some shooting.. looks like a good time

I can bring a chrono if you want. Get your settings at the range!
cool.gif

BK

That would be great. Would I be able to get the speed of mine?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 39-Ret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JBM Ballistics looks like a good program. I don't have a chrony to get muzzle velocity so not much help. Loading smk 175 with 44.4 grs of Varget. Went to the range to day and with a 100yd zero had drop of 3.6" at 200yds. out of a 700p 26" bbl. Still needing to get a chrony so I can get velocity and use JBM.

Thanks
looking forward to some shooting.. looks like a good time </div></div>

Should be real close to 2750

I'm betting he could use my 260 pistol settings and be real close thru 1000. It nearly duplicates most 308 rifle settings we've compared to at the matches.

39-ret, I'd try the velocity Breeze gave and print out a JBM chart and have something to go by. Tom's 200 yard range doesn't interfere with the lower half of the long distance part of the range so you all could get your zeros/velocity if needed then move on around the hill with the rest of us.

Topstrap

Wow Thanks.. If I get there around 0800 would that be enough time to chrony my loads or should I come earlier?? I will try 2750 in jbm thanks

looking forward to Sat..

What's the pace gonna be like? I'd like to get some data but I don't wanna hold the group up while I'm doodling in my book.

Maybe some of you 260 guys can let me cheat off your range card to get started
smile.gif

You won't have a problem , real laid back day and lots of 260 data to be had .

Guys, I was really hoping of bringing my buddy and coming up for this one, but my rig won't be ready. I hope I'll have her ready for the monthly match this month. I've been itching to get back since the last time I shot up there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the pace gonna be like? I'd like to get some data but I don't wanna hold the group up while I'm doodling in my book.

Maybe some of you 260 guys can let me cheat off your range card to get started
smile.gif
</div></div>

Its going to be a causal shoot. I am not any hurry. Its going to be a day of learning. I am wanting to get info and get stuff dialed in too for my .308.

I got some great news!! Jered is shipping my rifle back to me. I will receive it Friday. I am excited to see it. JUST IN TIME for the shoot.

Hi,
I am still planning on coming as well. I am pretty new to this as well but it seems like there will be plenty of help to get started. I am in the Dayton area but if I get up and rolling early I should be there by 8-8:30.

Grafs has let me down. I'm still coming out but I had to make due with what the Fin had on their shelves. New powder, new primers, new projectiles and I had to neck up 243 Rem brass for the first time so it'll be an adventure for sure.

Anyone have a recipe for a Hornady 140 Match, H4381sc and BR2s? Might have enough 4350 around to scrounge together a batch.

We use the 140 Hornady match bullet it all four of our 260s with 42.5 H4350. Load them up and we'll have settings for ya.

Topstrap

crap...i will be out of town this weekend, but i'll probably be out there with a buddy this coming monday. i'm gonna have to try and make the match this month seeing it's going to be my last one at rayner's. i was just offered a job in las vegas. my wife and i will be moving in june!!!!!

Congratulations on the job, look forward to seeing you at the match this month. Had fun watching ya ding that steel with that new gun.

Topstrap

Just found out that I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend. Any other time coming up for a get together and practice and a chance to get some much education and shooting in.

We've been using 900' for elevation. Seems to work.

39-Ret, we go down sometimes every week to try and figure out what we're doing wrong. I'll be switching scopes again on the new rifle (pistol wants it back so it can play} and probably get a group of us heading down maybe the following week. Is weekends only time you can go or thru the week?

Topstrap

Sundays and Mondays are my days off (80% of the time, depends on if they run Saturday production) except August-October I work 7 days a week 10hr shifts. I wish I could have regular hours. I never know if I am going to be working weekends (meaning Sunday and Monday) until about Thursday.

Anyone going from the Cleveland area? I live in Lorain County and plan on making the drive early Saturday morning. Looks like I need to leave around 5am to get there around 8-9am. Anyone close want to carpool? I am going no matter what and looking forward to meeting you guys. Rick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: #162</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone going from the Cleveland area? I live in Lorain County and plan on making the drive early Saturday morning. Looks like I need to leave around 5am to get there around 8-9am. Anyone close want to carpool? I am going no matter what and looking forward to meeting you guys. Rick </div></div>

I thought about offering a car pool but decided it may be better to fly alone. I'd feel pretty bad if someone wasn't having a good time(highly unlikely) or had their weapon go down or God forbid a family emergency. Matches are a different story but I think an informal range day is too fluid of a situation to coordinate.

That's probably good idea too. If the weapon goes down, I am bringing TWO!! I have a .223 and my new .308 and hope to shoot both. We shall see. I have given the wife the warning order that I will be gone all day!! See you guys in the morning, Rick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: #162</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's probably good idea too. If the weapon goes down, I am bringing TWO!! I have a .223 and my new .308 and hope to shoot both. We shall see. I have given the wife the warning order that I will be gone all day!! See you guys in the morning, Rick </div></div>

Ha! Lucky you. After selling a kidney and a testicle on the black market(it's ok I had 3) and my first born I still had to take out a second mortgage to get this thing built. If it goes down, Brennan will be a very sad panda and sulk the entire drive back to the mistake by the lake.
smile.gif

What's the forecast tomorrow? They called for storms up here today but they never came.

Internet says 80 mostly sunny for Blue Rock Ohio. I just finished packing and will be bringing rain gear to shoot no matter what. Too far to drive not to!

Topstrap I'm Ret so I can go during the week. Will be busy till after the 13th.

Hopefully I can squeeze some range time in next week but I doubt it.

Would be glad to meet during the week after the 13th.

Had a great time at the shoot today. Great place to shoot and great people too. Thanks to all. Plan to start attending the monthly matches for sure.

Dave

Also had a blast today, always fun shooting steel and even getting some hits. Got to see some nice equipment and always great to see others ringing those long range targets.

Wanted to thank Tom & Carolyn for allowing us a great place to shoot and good eats at lunch time.

Looking forward to the next time.

Topstrap

I'm still grinning from ear to ear after shooting today. Really was a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone! Already itching to get back! Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge, and spotting for me. And a big thanks to the Rayner's for providing such an awesome place to shoot.

Also, Topstrap, thanks for letting me ring steel at 700 with your XP, that was a hoot for sure!

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0311@lar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm still grinning from ear to ear after shooting today. Really was a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone! Already itching to get back! Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge, and spotting for me. And a big thanks to the Rayner's for providing such an awesome place to shoot.

Also, Topstrap, thanks for letting me ring steel at 700 with your XP, that was a hoot for sure!

Dustin </div></div>

Yeah, big +1 to the spotters. Woulda been lost without you guys

Thank you to everyone for helping me out and particularly those that helped organize and pull this off. I had a great time and look forward to getting out there again soon.

JH

Thanks a lot to Topstrap and his buddies for helping me get my 700 in close enough to at least hit the 375. I realize now just how big a deal having that heavier barrel is.

Was a pleasure shooting with all of you and was even fun on the mid -range doing a little help with the spotting.

Wish work hadn't gotten in the way of following you guys around to the longer distances. Really look forward to heading out to Rayner's again in the near future.

Big Thanks to the owners for taking great care of us malcontents.

The 1000yd target made fools of most of us- hard to hit what you can't see.

So, when are going to do this again?

I hope we can do this again before August!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, when are going to do this again?

</div></div>

4th Sunday of every month

I did it again today , got to get my ''hand rifle'' back in the groove again !

Good to meet everyone and thanks to Tom and Carolyn for a great day at the range. Hopefully next time I go there will be some fresh orange paint on the 1000. I couldn't see it with my 3-9 power and feel empty only ringing the 990!! Not bad for the first time past 300. Can't wait to do it again. Rick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, when are going to do this again?

</div></div>

4th Sunday of every month </div></div>

So on the 27th. Correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, when are going to do this again?

</div></div>

4th Sunday of every month </div></div>

They have a fun shoot every month?

Had a very good time! Thanks to Tom, Caroline and everyone that made it possible!!
grin.gif