• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Ohio Shooters!

Metal Gear

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2014
Ohio
Hello everyone. I wanted to start this thread so that fellow Ohio shooters can network with eachother, talk about ranges, and get together to shoot! Feel free to leave some info about where you are located and what ranges you typically go to. It would be awesome to be able to meet up with other members and do some shooting.

I am located about 30 minutes southeast of Columbus. I enjoy shooting pistols, carbines, and long range rifles. I regularly shoot at the Briar Rabbit range in Zanesville, sometimes go to Rayner's Range in Blue Rock, seldom shoot on private property when I can, and on the very cold winter days I will go to the indoor range in Lancaster called Ohio Valley Outdoors.

Located here in Cincinnati...Not much in here to choose from. Only one local range goes out to 600 yards the rest are 300 or less. Can meet up in or around the tri-state area let me know.

Located here in Cincinnati...Not much in here to choose from. Only one local range goes out to 600 yards the rest are 300 or less. Can meet up in or around the tri-state area let me know.

I would be happy to meet up sometime and do some shooting. It is a bit of a drive for you, but Rayners Range is a great place, and Briar Rabbit is as well. Know of anyone with private property that you can shoot at to at least 2-300 yards?

Another Cincinnati guy here. I usually shoot at Middletown sportsman, they go out to 200 yards and have steel targets. It's an alright range for the price. Just recently made my way out to Rayners Range and had an absolute blast. Met a lot over very knowledgable people and even ended up making contact at 1000 yards.

Another Cincinnati guy here. I usually shoot at Middletown sportsman, they go out to 200 yards and have steel targets. It's an alright range for the price. Just recently made my way out to Rayners Range and had an absolute blast. Met a lot over very knowledgable people and even ended up making contact at 1000 yards.

I love it at Rayners range. I have not rang the 1000 yard steel YET, but hopefully by the end of the year I can get to it. There really are a lot of friendly and knowledgable long range shooters that go there. It would be great to have a meetup there sometime this fall with some of the members on here.

I love it at Rayners range. I have not rang the 1000 yard steel YET, but hopefully by the end of the year I can get to it. There really are a lot of friendly and knowledgable long range shooters that go there. It would be great to have a meetup there sometime this fall with some of the members on here.

Yeah it is great out there. I was extremely happy that I hit it. Then again some of the guys there said that they had just put the 24"x24" target at 1000'yards and that is what I was able to hit. Next time I'm out there I am going to see if I can't get the 10" plate. If I can do that then I will be satisfied. And the people out there were absolutely great. We met a guy named bob and he was a wealth of knowledge and me and my buddy would have been lost without his help. There were probably 10 guys there and since they knew it was our first time there and that we were new to long range shooting, they literally made everything about us. They all would give us all the advice we needed. It was a great expience. And I totally agree about having a meet up out there it would be a blast.

You name the date. I'd be up for a weekend shoot. I'm in wv but live on the river. I can see belpre, Ohio from my back porch.

Let's revive this thread on the "new" old site!

what matches are you guys planning on shooting this year?

I'm planning on shooting the .223/.308 match at Rayner's the last weekend in April and the fall sniper match there.

Reporting in from the Northeast corner. Going to be at the Southington shoot April 8th and the one in June also. Both were good times last year. If anyone is near by, I have a safe private 450 yard range in the back yard.

Reactions: Guiseppe83
I'm located in Ashland. I frequent Thunder Valley during the warmer months, usually just open range days as the matches I typically am unable to stay for the duration.

I also shoot a lot on our family farm where I have a 200-600 yard steel range set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He hasn't updated the website yet. Check the Facebook page. There is also a group on Facebook called Ohio Precision Rifle. Lots of guys post info on upcoming matches and other useful stuff.

I live up willoughby but I shot at Rayner's,TVP,Southingon. I shoot just about every weekend

I live up willoughby but I shot at Rayner's,TVP,Southingon. I shoot just about every weekend

Im in the northeast corner of Geauga Co. I too will be at Southington Next weekend and June 10th. If you want to get some practice in close to home i have a private range at home, 1/4 mile.
Karl

Im in the northeast corner of Geauga Co. I too will be at Southington Next weekend and June 10th. If you want to get some practice in close to home i have a private range at home, 1/4 mile.
Karl

I im you I think still new to the hide. Ha

Hello folks. I'm stuck here in beautiful Springfield. Haven't been anywhere but a lil piece of property a friend owns. Only able to stretch out to 300 and that's before and after harvest. Lol. Id love to get out to Rayners or TVP just to see what I can do with my 308 Savage.

Hello folks. I'm stuck here in beautiful Springfield. Haven't been anywhere but a lil piece of property a friend owns. Only able to stretch out to 300 and that's before and after harvest. Lol. Id love to get out to Rayners or TVP just to see what I can do with my 308 Savage.

Both are great places to shoot and worth the drive (I'm from the Dayton area). Should be just over 2 hours from Springfield.

Howdy everyone! I'm in Mount Vernon OH and usually shoot weekly at Woodbury Shooting Range in Coshocton. They're limited to 200 yards though. Waiting to see when Thunder Valley Precision has some open days.

Howdy everyone! I'm in Mount Vernon OH and usually shoot weekly at Woodbury Shooting Range in Coshocton. They're limited to 200 yards though. Waiting to see when Thunder Valley Precision has some open days.

Check their Facebook page. He posts the match and open range dates

Anybody shoot matches at Rayners? I'll be going Sunday. Any tips? It'll be my first ever match. Not exactly sure what to expect. Was hoping to find the target distances so I don't have to f' with a cell phone for dope.

Anybody shoot matches at Rayners? I'll be going Sunday. Any tips? It'll be my first ever match. Not exactly sure what to expect. Was hoping to find the target distances so I don't have to f' with a cell phone for dope.

Tips: Tell the Rayners you've never shot there before, they'll make sure you're taken care of. Every one is super helpful including all the shooters

They'll have range cards with distances and target dimensions in the clubhouse. If it's been wet there at all, expect to get dirty.

BTW, I'm about 15 miles north of Dayton.

He hasn't updated the website yet. Check the Facebook page. There is also a group on Facebook called Ohio Precision Rifle. Lots of guys post info on upcoming matches and other useful stuff.

I know it should be easy to find but I can't. Can you throw up a link?

Anyone shoot at logan county fish and game bellefontaine oh? I am a member just have not made it up there yet.Schedule kinda nuts

I'm here in Youngstown taking care ofy grandma. Don't have any long range guns with me but have a 10/22 that needs zeroing. All family members don't want to let me shoot a 22 on their farmland :(, not gun people don't understand that I can keep it very safe. Probably going to American Indoor to shoot pistols but anywhere I can get this 10/22 zeroed at 50 or 100 and shoot out to 200? Also maybe a place I could rent a bolt gun or AR to shoot out further? All I have is pistols, shotguns, a Thompson 45 knock off and this 10/22. All my stuff is back home in Colorado.

I'm here in Youngstown taking care ofy grandma. Don't have any long range guns with me but have a 10/22 that needs zeroing. All family members don't want to let me shoot a 22 on their farmland :(, not gun people don't understand that I can keep it very safe. Probably going to American Indoor to shoot pistols but anywhere I can get this 10/22 zeroed at 50 or 100 and shoot out to 200? Also maybe a place I could rent a bolt gun or AR to shoot out further? All I have is pistols, shotguns, a Thompson 45 knock off and this 10/22. All my stuff is back home in Colorado.

PM sent

Anyone shoot at logan county fish and game bellefontaine oh? I am a member just have not made it up there yet.Schedule kinda nuts

I'm a member there but don't use the rifle range much for several reasons.

First, the club's layout precludes the rifle range from being used most of the damned time.

Second, shooting from prone is a pain in the ass due to the way the berms are setup

Third, I can't get a straight answer about using steel plate targets.

As soon as this place opens up in Cridersville (and it turns out as well as they plan), I'm done with Logan County............

https://www.wapakdailynews.com/content/village-expands-across-i-75

CRIDERSVILLE — On Monday the Cridersville village council voted to adopt ordinance 1676 which officially annexes the nearly 120 acres of land just east of Interstate 75. The parcel of land will be used by Triskele, a gun manufacturing company, as the future site of a gun club.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/triskelegunworks/videos/?ref=page_internal

I'm a member there but don't use the rifle range much for several reasons.

First, the club's layout precludes the rifle range from being used most of the damned time.

Second, shooting from prone is a pain in the ass due to the way the berms are setup

Third, I can't get a straight answer about using steel plate targets.

As soon as this place opens up in Cridersville (and it turns out as well as they plan), I'm done with Logan County............

https://www.wapakdailynews.com/content/village-expands-across-i-75

https://www.facebook.com/pg/triskelegunworks/videos/?ref=page_internal

308Pirate,. Have you heard anything else about Triskele? I haven't heard anything else on when they expect to open.
if they pull it off it looks like it will be a badass facility.

The Wapakoneta Daily News article about Cridersville annexing the land and new ordinances including shooting facilities in their zoning is the last I know of (July 2017). But it's a strong indication that things should be progressing.

I'm guessing another year (summer 2018) if things go well. But, that's just my wild ass guess.

Just found this thread and will be subscribing since now I know a few others are somewhat local. I live in Columbus and have shot at Rayners, Briar, Youngs (Indiana), all local indoor facilities and have a friend with some property that I shoot at out to 100 for rimfire fun. Going to start traveling to better ranges next year and possibly schools and then PRS matches. I have shot USPSA, 2 Gun, 3 Gun and IDPA for a few years and wanted to stick with long guns for a while.

Would love to go to TVP but have a hard time taking time off work to go shooting. Maybe next year.

I thought about joining Young's but it's almost 3 hrs from where I live in the western side of the state plus their annual dues are north of $200.

Hard pass........

I'm in Salem Ohio, anyone around that area?

I'm up in trumbull county( NE Ohio) just started getting into long range shooting over the past month, I shoot at A&A range, it's half way decent going out to 200 yards, I have yet to go to Southington Hunt Club but I believe they go out to 1000

I'm up in trumbull county( NE Ohio) just started getting into long range shooting over the past month, I shoot at A&A range, it's half way decent going out to 200 yards, I have yet to go to Southington Hunt Club but I believe they go out to 1000

I’ve since started shooting at southington as much as possible. We max at 700, but it’s a great range.

I’m in Ashland County. Usually hit Thunder Valley a few times per year and am thinking of trying out some matches at Rayners and Southington in 2018. Always looking for people to shoot with.

i was just at Southington 2 weekends ago for a PRS match and then again yesterday for Thanksgiving Thunder. Great place and great people! And the furthest That we have shot there is 775

Last edited:
[No message]

Attachments

• photo80024.png
    photo80024.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 47
  • photo80023.png
    photo80023.png
    283 KB · Views: 55
  • photo80025.png
    photo80025.png
    294.5 KB · Views: 58
  • photo80026.png
    photo80026.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 48
Great pics Night Assassin! Looks like a fun time and great place to shoot.

Definitely glad I found this place. Looks awesome and not far from Youngstown at all.