• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

oil for my hk or grease ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
i know it sounds crazy but i remember an hk net vender telling me not to use oil its to thin, to use a vary light non lithium grease or even baroil for chainsaws

would this be ok or is this guy nutty... and if it is ok can some one name me a greas so i can get it at walmart

Re: oil for my hk or grease ?

I used to run grease on the rails and oil on the bolt head and rollers in my HK93. Had no issues with that and it ran just fine. Easier to clean as well.

Cut

Either lithium grease or TW25b. The lithium worked well and can be bought in much larger tubes.

Cut

One of the beautiful things about the HK delayed roller lock actions is that they'll basically run dry without creating too much of a problem. I have never been comfortable with that idea personally, so I run Militec-1 on my HK rifles, clones and pistols...Hell, I run all of my semi-auto firearms with Militec-1. It is great stuff!!

I pack lithium grease into my rollers and grease-up the whole bolt area minus the bolt face for both my SR9T and MP5--really keeps wear down on the surfaces.

Yes Mobil 1 engine oil. I have been using it for years as a preservative since I have an in the white receiver that had some minor rust and put it in a bath of Mobil one. After about 3 months I took it out and was very surprised to see that all of the rust was gone. Not a trace. It is pretty thin, you can get it all the way down to 0 weight.
I have seen a few of the home made cleaners and such made with Mobil one. It seems to be a new "fad". I have started to squirt down or dip some of my dies when I store them if I think I won't use them for more than a month. Lots of uses. I am sure someone with chime in about other uses. On FCSA many have been using it for case lube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know it sounds crazy but i remember an hk net vender telling me not to use oil its to thin, to use a vary light non lithium grease or even baroil for chainsaws

would this be ok or is this guy nutty... and if it is ok can some one name me a greas so i can get it at walmart </div></div>

The cats who run the belt fed conversions will do bearing grease in roller pockets and a light film on the inner receiver.

Have done that too-- if I'm going to shoot a lot, I'll use bearing grease and MILTECH.

grease is great with enclosed spaces where it won't get dirty. I think it just creates a big mess when used on the BCG. SLIK2000 is an oil that seems much stickier....best traits of oil and grease combined.

Holy old thread. I use mobile 1 on all my firearms, oil and grease. I figure if its good enough for a 4000$ crate motor it's good enough for a 600$ ar.

MPro 7 Lubricant used SPARINGLY for every HK weapon I own ( great many) and all my other SA ARs. Used it for years. I find it works best. Not the CLP...just the teflon lubricant.

BR,