• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Ok Fellas, here is the deal….I have well over a thousand books in my library.

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
As said, I have well over a thousand books in my library. I have entire bookcases filled with books covering one subject matter. I go in my attic and find books I forgot I own. I find books squirrel away in my bike shop, in my big shop, probably under the seats of both our new GMC Pickup and the old Suburban. Books are everywhere. Yes, I like to read. History especially. Hunting and shooting especially, especially the history of shooting and hunting, (but lots of current stuff too) Cycing and especially the history of cycling. Fiction, no so much, though I have some of the great western novels and some really good science fiction.

I definitely need to raise some serious cash. Though our firearm collection is nothing to sneeze at, even figuring just $1000 per firearm, I am going to need at least $1,000,000.00 to come close to equaling the amount of books with firearms. Donations would be considered.

If Jeff whoever he is, is the solution, I definitely want to be the problem.
C1BB6B0B-AFC7-435D-B6B8-2BC67179371D.jpeg

I own 5 series of books that have more books in them than I own guns. Yes they're kindle books but that counts.

Thinking that reading about anything is as useful or enlightening as actually experiencing it is the biggest joke of "intellectuals"

I read a lot of books, so I'm super smart and worldly

You also have zero practical experience with anything and haven't lived a day in your life

Reading a book doesn't mean you're smart or intellectual, it means you read a book. Applying what you learned to life is a much more useful skill and certain things can't be applied just by reading with any degree of real success

I have a lot of guns. I have *WAY!* more books on shit like electronics engineering, audio recording, history, weapons, dogs, horses, bonsai, philosophy, aircraft, martial arts (over 100!), Japanese swords/Nihonto (over 100!), metallurgy , and others *Including* every available dictionary, books on languages from Japanese to Old Norse, and at least 3 complete sets of Encyclopedia . Colliers, Britannica, and Cambridge. *AnD!* I have actually read all these books.....*aNd!* my IQ has been tested by credible entities multiple times (including the folks who do the ACT tests for college admission) and guess what?

I have *WaY!* more books than guns and I'm well apprised of my IQ - I know what I know and I also know what I do not know.

And guess what? I have a Constitutional Right to own firearms. I am pretty confident of my ability to operate them and possess them within the confines of The Constitution. I'm dumb as a sock *but* I'm not stupid nor illiterate because I possess firearms and cherish my Right to own and operate them.

My position is this: The Constitution guarantees me Right to Keep and Bear. I am sworn to defend The Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic. You want my guns? Cool. Repeal the Second Amendment and I'll comply. Until then every attempt to curtail my possession of firearms or limit/infringe is illegal and Will. Be. Ignored.

I'm not stupid - I'm not illiterate - I'm not yer problem. Yer Problem is not with me. Get. Over. It.

VooDoo

I have a lot of guns. I have *WAY!* more books on shit like electronics engineering, audio recording, history, weapons, dogs, horses, bonsai, philosophy, aircraft, martial arts (over 100!), Japanese swords/Nihonto (over 100!), metallurgy , and others *Including* every available dictionary, books on languages from Japanese to Old Norse, and at least 3 complete sets of Encyclopedia . Colliers, Britannica, and Cambridge. *AnD!* I have actually read all these books.....*aNd!* my IQ has been tested by credible entities multiple times (including the folks who do the ACT tests for college admission) and guess what?

I have *WaY!* more books than guns and I'm well apprised of my IQ - I know what I know and I also know what I do not know.

And guess what? I have a Constitutional Right to own firearms. I am pretty confident of my ability to operate them and possess them within the confines of The Constitution. I'm dumb as a sock *but* I'm not stupid nor illiterate because I possess firearms and cherish my Right to own and operate them.

My position is this: The Constitution guarantees me Right to Keep and Bear. I am sworn to defend The Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic. You want my guns? Cool. Repeal the Second Amendment and I'll comply. Until then every attempt to curtail my possession of firearms or limit/infringe is illegal and Will. Be. Ignored.

I'm not stupid - I'm not illiterate - I'm not yer problem. Yer Problem is not with me. Get. Over. It.

VooDoo
You left out scratch and sniff hustler magazines!

We've a bit of a 'library' here too. It has taken us some time to compile it all, as well as physically build it. But we like it, and are happy.

Does anything else REALLY matter?

Intellectuals are quite irritating. Why does it seem the more someone "knows" the less they can do. Do these people contribute anything but snark to society? Im all for learning and reading and have read way more books then most that know me would think. But if you can't apply the knowledge to a legit skill its just theory...like communism the right way lol

i have fewer guns than books i read just since may.
I own fewer guns than I once read in 2 weeks of seeing how many I could read in a month. Before anyone says they were tiny books, I read web griffins the Corps and brotherhood of War series, along with the first 5 of h Jay riker's Seals series.

I own fewer guns than I once read in 2 weeks of seeing how many I could read in a month. Before anyone says they were tiny books, I read web griffins the Corps and brotherhood of War series, along with the first 5 of h Jay riker's Seals series.
i was not working, lol...hence the prolific postings as well. :p

Even I have more books than guns. Shit, I have more rare books in pdf format on my phone than I have guns.

Reactions: D_TROS
And the 40mm on the shelf is blue (note: that makes it an inert training projo; knowledge for the AFT morons who would like to shoot my dog).

I've got a hand grenade and an artillery fuze on my book shelf. I used to have one of those Mk 19 training rounds but lost it at some point over the years.

Even I have more books than guns. Shit, I have more rare books in pdf format on my phone than I have guns.
I have more physical rare books than guns and more guns than I will admit. I'd dare say the average SH member has a bigger library than arsenal outside of the owner's manuals.

We tend to be enthusiasts. We are amateur (and in a many cases even professional); historians, craftsmen, engineers and scientists. I don't use the word amateur as an insult, it is a complement, we study these things because we love them, not because we are paid to do them.

Hey, Jeff. As soon as you pick a profession that adds real value to someone’s life, I’ll acknowledge that you think your opinions matter

I have a bunch of old sci-fi/fantasy serials (Astounding!) and novels like Phantastes and The Night Land. Storing them so they don't fall apart is tough as a lot of them are well-loved. I also look for not-politically-correct books like Leaderless Resistance, The Camp of the Saints and Mussolini's autobiography, the sort of stuff where you'd go to a gun show in 1989 and some crazy looking guy would have them right next to the MREs.

Thinking that reading about anything is as useful or enlightening as actually experiencing it is the biggest joke of "intellectuals"

I read a lot of books, so I'm super smart and worldly

You also have zero practical experience with anything and haven't lived a day in your life

Reading a book doesn't mean you're smart or intellectual, it means you read a book. Applying what you learned to life is a much more useful skill and certain things can't be applied just by reading with any degree of real success

Here is my favorite book. I have gone through it several times.

Brilliant. Modern day Dostoyevsky stuff right here

Edit: ask me how I even know what Bluey is…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boon20
Can't think of 1 book I own other than recipe books.. Will go see if I can even find one in my house and get back to Ya...
Not relevant to the discussion. The only relevant detail is if you own more cookbooks that guns

Oh,
Ya Nope to that too, I have more guns in my truck than cookbooks.. I have 2 guns safes and 2 cookbooks
So someone please tell me what that means Im dying to know....
That just means some mealy-mouthed shitlib doesn’t like you. So, it doesn’t mean anything. Carry on with your life

• Love
Reactions: Dead and Im2bent