• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ok, I'll admit when I'm wrong...

0a09b8d2-2843-4cd2-8da0-470687b289ab_text.gif

skoal extra - wintergreen
/end thread

You are right Redmanss....I was long time silver lid guy.....made the switch about 10 years ago because the long cut doesnt get stuck in my teeth for that Copenhagen smile.😁
funny his name is almost how i started, with RED MAN when i was playing baseball.

3e1ba23fb818b311a51579cedc7ecead.jpg

Copenhagen snuff with a capful of Jim Beam Apple bourbon.
You will never dip anything else.
I dipped that combo for years. I always said that was the only thing Jim Beam was good for. I finished my last can two and a half years ago.

Copenhagen snuff with a capful of Jim Beam Apple bourbon.
You will never dip anything else.
I dipped that combo for years. I always said that was the only thing Jim Beam was good for. I finished my last can two and a half years ago.
i can't keep cope together. i got tight cheeks or sumpin.

I can honestly say I’ve never even tried chew.
Well technically is snuff and you don't chew it.
Dear German, I am a purist and there is nothing but Copenhagen, period.
The rest of that stuff is for marketing.

It's been 14.5 months since I gave up Cigarettes and snuff.
I still miss a good rub when doing certain things.

Reactions: Bender
Copenhagen + Blackberry Brandy
WB Cut + Whiskey
Because when you are 14 it's all whiskey

Hell I'm a dentist and all the guys from school I keep in touch with all dip or chew or both. We were the ones on the back row of the pathology classes with spit cups. Only about 8 or 9 of us out of a doctoral class of 74. 8 years into our higher education system there were very few of us patriot country boys left amid the sea of stupidity. We have stuck together since and that was 26 years ago......probably only 1 or 2 of like us left per class today if that. That group bound by tobacco and conservative ideals makes for a bunch of good places to hunt fish and shoot together now.

Still Copenhagen long cut = betterist 😁

Exactly how I started - Baseball and Redman. If you don't do it, don't start very tough habit to break.

I was beechnut and grape big league chew wrapped around it, as a high school sophomore in varsity baseball. I moved around to levi garrett plug and eventually Redman Golden Blend for the win.

Chew was much better than snuff, unless it was Rooster

Cope Mint was my go to.

I can’t even smell Wintergreen dip without wanting to puke

Do you remember mules pride, and some of the other brands?
Nope, I’m the kind of guy who finds something I like and stick with it for good, so I didn’t do much hunting around after a buddy gave me a plug of the Pouch. Glad I don’t chew any more, shit really reeked havoc on my gum line that I’m still paying for, figuratively and literally.

Reactions: Snipe260
Started out with Red Man and Levi garret around 13, went to Skoal and got tired of all my friends wanting to bum a dip at school so switched to Copenhagen. My Brother an a friend bet each other we couldn't quit and I did for two years. One day a friend came home from England and had a can of Copenhagen and thought I would see if I could still hack it. Next thing you know I had bought a can and dipped for another 30 years. I have not had a dip in the last 3 years, but still miss it.

Reactions: Bender
Red man was my first choice when I was around 10 or so!
i think that was about the time i first tried it. of course the "big kids" gave it to us.
some kids didn't know you're you're not supposed to swallow any. hahaha. :sick:

Reactions: Snipe260
Yep, too sweet for my liking.
True.... Started on that at 10, switched to Levi Garrett and Beech Nut. A guy from Kentucky IIRC introduced me to a strong plug tobacco- Bloodhound. That stuff was like tar heroin of Plug tobacco. Needed a knife or a band saw to cut a chunk off it was so compacted and potent.

True.... Started on that at 10, switched to Levi Garrett and Beech Nut. A guy from Kentucky IIRC introduced me to a strong plug tobacco- Bloodhound. That stuff was like tar heroin of Plug tobacco. Needed a knife or a band saw to cut a chunk off it was so compacted and potent.

Ok so lets go down a trip on WTF memory lane.

When I was like 12 I lived in central Texas and went to school with this country kid who was always talking about his big ass house and land and dirt bikes and all sorts of shit. We became friends and he had me come over for the weekend.

Parents apparently owned some huge local carpet cleaning operation. Big ass house, on open land in the back that had a dirt bike trail on it and they had a garage full of bikes and shit.

First night I get there, his superMILF of a mom asks us what we want to eat so she can go out and get it for us. She comes back with all sorts of food and snacks and hands him a pouch of Levi Garrett. I didnt even know what it was; remember, we're 12.

Apparently hes been allowed to do this since he was like 10 as his grandfather who lived with them before he passed had done it since he was a kid, so, he did too. It was like his mom handed him a bag of chips.

So there we were, playing D&D with his older brother, chewing Levi Garrett which eventually turned into drinking gin and me having my own spitoon whenever I came over; I basically ended up living there on the weekends from that point on.

Went from skoal, then Copenhagen to long cut wintergreen over the last 30 years.

Little bit of Redman plug thrown in the mix.

It's been along time for me, but I used dip cope or skoal long cut. For whole leaf it was Redman or when one buddy was around, Cannon ball plug.

The things you'd do when light and fire discipline ruled the roost (sitting in a fighting hole at night, or deployed on ship during UnRep refueling or flight quarters). Lol. Lots of good memories, but these days it's a cigar every day or so, or a cigarette (rarely) at the range. Certain acts (like shooting, or turning something on the lathe) always trigger a craving for nicotine.

I played a lot of baseball growing up & so began my love affair w/ Copenhagen Snuff. I didn’t become a full time “dipper” til like 14. I quit at like thirty-nine & still miss it. EVERY.DAY. I quit cold turkey on 09/11/11 & I haven’t cheated once.

My second choice, like if nobody had Copenhagen, was Days O’Work plug. That shit was like spitting 100K motor oil.

*For those not dipping Snuff, check your man card at the door, LOL.

Reactions: Redmanss
Ok so lets go down a trip on WTF memory lane.

When I was like 12 I lived in central Texas and went to school with this country kid who was always talking about his big ass house and land and dirt bikes and all sorts of shit. We became friends and he had me come over for the weekend.

Parents apparently owned some huge local carpet cleaning operation. Big ass house, on open land in the back that had a dirt bike trail on it and they had a garage full of bikes and shit.

First night I get there, his superMILF of a mom asks us what we want to eat so she can go out and get it for us. She comes back with all sorts of food and snacks and hands him a pouch of Levi Garrett. I didnt even know what it was; remember, we're 12.

Apparently hes been allowed to do this since he was like 10 as his grandfather who lived with them before he passed had done it since he was a kid, so, he did too. It was like his mom handed him a bag of chips.

So there we were, playing D&D with his older brother, chewing Levi Garrett which eventually turned into drinking gin and me having my own spitoon whenever I came over; I basically ended up living there on the weekends from that point on.

Did you bang the Mom? I mean the Grandpa did and sounds like whatever Grandpa did goes in that house....Gramps only fired Olympics and wore Condor I hear.

My first "chew" was Beechnut wintergreen when I was about 12 putting up hay. I turned as green as the fields.

I dipped and chewed in the Marines. Bounced around between brands a little. I never cared for Cope as it was too fine but was generally the only brand that was always in stock at the PX. My favorite was Skoal original. I was up to about 1 1/2 cans a day at one point.

For anyone wanting to quit, I bought a bag of shredded coconut. Every time I wanted a dip, I'd put in a pinch of coconut. After about a week, I was over it. Coconut would pack about like tobacco and got me past the cravings.

lol. I started on cannonball and bull of the woods plug tobacco. Got to see several friends turn cartoon green trying to hang.

• Haha
Reactions: MarinePMI
One of my mining partners chewed Redman with bazooka bubble gum, what a nasty sight it was and he said it was even harder to kick the habit than just chew by itself.
Never even thought about that nasty tasting stuff