• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ok seriously USA Ammo...

Sebben

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
Snellville, GA
On 10-19-11 I ordered 7 boxes of 168gr A-max form USA ammo... after 3 calls and now over a month the shipping status is still waiting to ship. Every time I call its oh they are going out next week or next Monday or whatever, we are still waiting for components... The kicker is when I ordered them the website said nothing about them being back ordered what so ever.

Re: Ok seriously USA Ammo...

Frustrating.

What an unusual approach to customer service...Certainly not one my business could long tolerate.

My suggestion for those who are overwhelmed by business volume is to start earlier and work later.

And be forthcoming, sincerely, with your customers.

But I'm not bitter...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On 10-19-11 I ordered 7 boxes of 168gr A-max form USA ammo... after 3 calls and now over a month the shipping status is still waiting to ship. Every time I call its oh they are going out next week or next Monday or whatever, we are still waiting for components... The kicker is when I ordered them the website said nothing about them being back ordered what so ever. </div></div>

I would have cancelled the order if they weren't shipped in a couple of days, why do you allow them to treat you like this?

There are a lot of other places that would treat you a lot better.

I had the same issue a while back and they told me the Gear Hog deal online was the reason. I got my ammo in and wont be using them again. They have gone way down hill in the past 6 months.

Yeah I'm in the same boat... I ordered some 45acp and some 9mm almost 2 months ago.. But I called and emailed and then about a week after my call I got an email from the company.

"Dear William,
The brutal truth is we are going through some changes within our company. We want to ship your order the same day and ensure that it gets to you somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-5 days. In order to do that, my company that I love so much & take much pride in coming to everyday, U.S.A. Ammo has had to make adjustments - such as switching from UPS to FedEx and that is
a huge task. We had no idea just how BIG. Then as soon as that was completed, we have had to make a remarkable decision to switch distributors from our one in Idaho to another. The new distributor is now in place, after 2 weeks of deciding.
Two of my co-workers, one of them being Chief of Operations and the owner of the company have been going in and out on business trips across the U.S.A. for the past few weeks and even as I type this to sign the deal with our new distributor.
That, sir, is why your order has been delayed. I agree that we should have something up on our site stating that orders are delayed and that it can't be helped at this time, but as of now, we don't and things are getting back to normal. With all that being said, I am not accustomed to not having orders ship out to my customers in a reasonable amount of time and then not even having tracking numbers to give them either, and because
of this, I apologize, on behalf of my company, U.S.A. Ammo. Your order will ship, but it will be late. If you'd like to discuss this or get your shipping costs back or perhaps even cancel your order, please let me know.
I'm here for all of you."

It sucks that this is something some people have to deal with. But at least he told me the situation and let me know what was going on. I'm not trying to sponsor this site nor am I trying to bad mouth them. I dont own my own buisness so I dont know what happens, But I do know shit happens sometimes. Its unfortunate as i've never had problems with them before.

Funny enough I just got 2 packages about 20 minutes after I posted this and it was my ammo!!! I hope that everyone else that is waiting is getting their ammo today or soon...

Just cancel the order and deal with your credit card company to reverse any charges.

They have been a good company when I used them in the past, I believe that their good ammo and great prices caused them to grow faster than even they had expected.

I'd say that you're money is safe and if you're ok waiting then the ammo will show up.

I actually spoke with them on the phone the other day. For the price, their stuff is pretty good (at least the stuff I have shot has been excellent). The problem was some of the ammunition that was getting shipped out from their supplier was having problems with the manufacturing. I believe it had something to do with improper COAL and excess pressures, at least that was my understanding. That's why they had to switch to a new supplier. It wasn't just a small lot of this happening, it happened with a pretty large amount so that's the reason for the switching of the vendors. Also, I'm sure some of it, as Jason mentioned, is the fact that the quality of the stuff that wasn't questionable has been excellent for the price, and they weren't prepared for the volume. I, too, have been waiting for a long time for a rather large order but I have waited before with them and for the price, I can wait. If I need something else short-term while I'm waiting, there are options. However, I agree, this should be something that they need to put out publicly, on the web-site, so as to not cause any issues with current customers, or potential new customers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On 10-19-11 I ordered 7 boxes of 168gr A-max form USA ammo... after 3 calls and now over a month the shipping status is still waiting to ship. Every time I call its oh they are going out next week or next Monday or whatever, we are still waiting for components... The kicker is when I ordered them the website said nothing about them being back ordered what so ever.</div></div>

Mine took months. I could never get anyone on the phone. Only over email.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On 10-19-11 I ordered 7 boxes of 168gr A-max form USA ammo... after 3 calls and now over a month the shipping status is still waiting to ship. Every time I call its oh they are going out next week or next Monday or whatever, we are still waiting for components... The kicker is when I ordered them the website said nothing about them being back ordered what so ever.</div></div>

Mine took months. I could never get anyone on the phone. Only over email. </div></div>

Well after waiting 2 months I canceled the order and just went with South West ammo. SW ammo was running out of LC brass and called me to tell me that they upgraded my order to Winchester brass instead. On top of that I got my order on time. Now that's a stand up company!

I've ordered from them once. I got in on the Gearhog deal, got some 9mm for an insanely good price, and received it promptly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On 10-19-11 I ordered 7 boxes of 168gr A-max form USA ammo... after 3 calls and now over a month the shipping status is still waiting to ship. Every time I call its oh they are going out next week or next Monday or whatever, we are still waiting for components... The kicker is when I ordered them the website said nothing about them being back ordered what so ever. </div></div>

good to hear you eventually got your ammo but sounds shady i dont think i will be ordering any ammo from them any time soon

I have only dealt with them once as I reload most of my ammo. I bought 250 45acp rounds with the Gearhog promotion, and recieved them within 5 days. Good luck on your wait, and hopefully they pul through. Otherwie, there are lenty of vendors on here that will fill your order as soon as you order it
smile.gif

It is a symptom of growing pains. They have had a huge growth in business and are having a hard time dealing with it. They perfect way to deal with it is to cansel all those orders that are on back order...superb idea wile e...foce a GOOD gun business to close...nice.
I would call, be right nice about it, let them know I am waiting for my ammo, then ask "WHat they CAN DO to make it right" You may well be suprised with a solid gesture to retain your business.
I can relate to great growth in a small business and getting caught trying to keep up thanks to the great folks on this site. Maybe one day in the long term future I may take another stab at a cigar business, but it iwll be totally first class, like private club first class

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On 10-19-11 I ordered 7 boxes of 168gr A-max form USA ammo... after 3 calls and now over a month the shipping status is still waiting to ship. Every time I call its oh they are going out next week or next Monday or whatever, we are still waiting for components... The kicker is when I ordered them the website said nothing about them being back ordered what so ever.</div></div>

Mine took months. I could never get anyone on the phone. Only over email. </div></div>

Well after waiting 2 months I canceled the order and just went with South West ammo. SW ammo was running out of LC brass and called me to tell me that they upgraded my order to Winchester brass instead. On top of that I got my order on time. Now that's a stand up company! </div></div> I had the same good experience when I switched to Southwest

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had the same issue a while back and they told me the Gear Hog deal online was the reason. I got my ammo in and wont be using them again. They have gone way down hill in the past 6 months.
</div></div>This happened to me and it is what made me want to try Southwest and other forum vendors

I haven't even shot the ammo I got from USAammo. When I do, if it shoots well and I hear they are on track/time with their orders I might try them again. I'm really happy with the help and service I got from Mike @ Southwest though. Its nice to be able to talk to a fellow Hide member directly.

I have been a customer of theirs for a good long while. My last order was one durring the switch over. I have to say, they made it all better with me. I ordered 1000 rounds of .45 and after two weeks of waiting they gave me a date that it should ship out by, and also offered me 200 more rounds for free. it ended up shipping out 2 days after their expected date. I can't complain

I do believe they are getting quicker. It took weeks to get my
50 bmg ammo.And only 5 days for the current shipment. Not bad
to get to Penna from Texas.