• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OK, WTF??

InTheWeeds

Sergeant
Minuteman
I bought 1k of LC 5.56 brass from a guy of GB, and he swears up and down they are only once fired. I believe him because the primers looked factory. However I have not had to remove a single crimp on any of this brass, and some of them even have such a loose primer hole, that I can blow the primer out with my mouth. The lot has mixed 08, 09 and 10 headstamps. Were there ever any LC brass that didnt receive crimps?

Re: OK, WTF??

Maybe they are once fired but weren't factory ammo. You can buy LC brass new so they might have been handloads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerkface11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they are once fired but weren't factory ammo. You can buy LC brass new so they might have been handloads.</div></div>

With loose primer pockets? Doubtful. That is why I avoid buying used brass. You better know and trust the seller WELL.

I would buy from some folks off the Hide, but not some D-bag off of GB.

Dam that really blows.
I might be new year, but I know better. where in Texas are you from. I could send you some brass (free) as long as you cover shipping. An I know for sure that LC I have has the crimp( my hand is still sore from them).
let me know what you think.
After all we are not all bad peoples, just have wierd thoughts.

Memo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In da weeds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some of them even have such a loose primer hole, that I can blow the primer out with my mouth. </div></div>

so hot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memo43</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dam that really blows.
I might be new year, but I know better. where in Texas are you from. I could send you some brass (free) as long as you cover shipping. An I know for sure that LC I have has the crimp( my hand is still sore from them).
let me know what you think.
After all we are not all bad peoples, just have wierd thoughts.

Memo </div></div>
Im in central Texas, near Austin. I'd love some free brass if you got it. PM me some details. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In da weeds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some of them even have such a loose primer hole, that I can blow the primer out with my mouth. </div></div>

so hot </div></div>
Ok, a comment like this I might expect from Shankster, but anyone else kind of troubles me..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerkface11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they are once fired but weren't factory ammo. You can buy LC brass new so they might have been handloads.</div></div>

With loose primer pockets? Doubtful. That is why I avoid buying used brass. You better know and trust the seller WELL.

I would buy from some folks off the Hide, but not some D-bag off of GB. </div></div>

Could have been an insanely hot handload. Either way I'd buy new brass from now on.

You were taken. Give him a bad feedback and let everyone know he is a crook. I have bought plenty of used brass and only been taken only once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerkface11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerkface11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they are once fired but weren't factory ammo. You can buy LC brass new so they might have been handloads.</div></div>

I would buy from some folks off the Hide, but not some D-bag off of GB. </div></div>

Could have been an insanely hot handload. Either way I'd buy new brass from now on.</div></div>

If it were an insanely hot handload, I assumed the OP would notice the cratered primer.

They probably came from Black Hills or one of the other manufacturers. The seller bought them and only shot them once which is why he said they were once fired and also explains why there is no crimp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In da weeds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought 1k of LC 5.56 brass from a guy of GB, and he swears up and down they are only once fired. I believe him because the primers looked factory. However I have not had to remove a single crimp on any of this brass, and some of them even have such a loose primer hole, that I can blow the primer out with my mouth. The lot has mixed 08, 09 and 10 headstamps. Were there ever any LC brass that didnt receive crimps? </div></div>

Widner's sells new, unprimed LC Brass. It could be that they were once purchased from them.

Could have been brass fired in an machine gun with an out of spec chamber (most of these have loose chambers to start). M855 is a hot load anyway, and in an out of spec chamber it could have probably created some loose primer pockets.

I haven't bought any of the "once fired" Lake city brass from gunbroker for this reason. If I knew it was fired from M-16's/M-4's I wouldn't hesitate. But not knowing if it was fired from a machine gun, I pass on it.

I'd go with the reloaded Black Hills. I've reloaded some of their remanufactured ammo but never had a primer quite that loose.

Bummer man, i load a lot of once fired LC 556 brass and have not yet come in contact with one that did not have a primer crimp. But like some of the other guys said, it could depend on where he got it. Good luck in the future.

ok I have all your brass bag an ready to get weight. It is all LC09 headstamp. Once I figure out how topost pics. I'll put them on.

Memo

I have found some Federal brass used by Border Patrol to have a mean crimp on it. Not sure if it was made by LC, but the case read Federal, it was crimped and i know who shot it. Beyond that???????